Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8718556 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 10/15/16
« Reply #4625 on: November 03, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
Can I know too??

Sure.  Don't want to clutter up the recruiting thread.  For the record, psychology is an area of interest of mine but I'm not a professional.  I have Chicos pegged because I'm familiar with his personality type from real life experience.  Ners, I don't have nailed down.  He may just be obsessed with Wojo, JJJ, and Dawson.

MUFan2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #4626 on: November 03, 2016, 01:27:32 PM »
Sure.  Don't want to clutter up the recruiting thread.  For the record, psychology is an area of interest of mine but I'm not a professional.  I have Chicos pegged because I'm familiar with his personality type from real life experience.  Ners, I don't have nailed down.  He may just be obsessed with Wojo, JJJ, and Dawson.

Truth.  One addition:  Obsessed with MU being a winning basketball team, which is usually done through a combination of good coaching, and good players, which is why I advocated heavily for Burton, JJJ, Dawson in Year 1 of the Wojo regime.  Invest in the existing talented resources on the roster you inherited (and who remained loyal and didn't transfer out) - not one year rentals a la Carlino and then Derrick and Juan.  It got us all of a 4-14 record.  And then another missed NIT last year.   And now some here thinking this year's team isn't even a lock for the NCAA.  Chalk it up to growing pains of a rookie head coach, I guess.

To tie it up, thankfully Wojo and staff have shown strong ability in their recruiting, which is the prerequisite to being a winning program. Gotta get the talent.  Haanif, Traci, Henry, Hauser, Howard are/will be "hits."  Sacar and Heldt will be very nice contributors as well.  Landing Cain, Ike, and Theo John was impressive too.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4627 on: November 03, 2016, 01:29:14 PM »
Truth.  One addition:  Obsessed with MU being a winning basketball team, which is usually done through a combination of good coaching, and good players, which is why I advocated heavily for Burton, JJJ, Dawson in Year 1 of the Wojo regime.  Invest in the existing talented resources on the roster you inherited (and who remained loyal and didn't transfer out) - not one year rentals a la Carlino and then Derrick and Juan.  It got us all of a 4-14 record.  And then another missed NIT last year.   And now some here thinking this year's team isn't even a lock for the NCAA.  Chalk it up to growing pains of a rookie head coach, I guess.

To tie it up, thankfully Wojo and staff have shown strong ability in their recruiting, which is the prerequisite to being a winning program. Gotta get the talent.  Haanif, Traci, Henry, Hauser, Howard are/will be "hits."  Sacar and Heldt will be very nice contributors as well.  Landing Cain, Ike, and Theo John was impressive too.

::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4628 on: November 03, 2016, 01:29:57 PM »
Yeah I doubt this is tied up in any way, shape or form. 

onepost

• All American
« Reply #4629 on: November 03, 2016, 01:39:35 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4630 on: November 03, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »
Clues from Stan those on the know who is he after

https://twitter.com/mucoachjohnson/status/794221015853252608
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:12:39 PM by Newsdrms »
Goal is National Championship

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4631 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »
Oh man! I'm post ners scoop ban. So pardon my French, but this is exciting for me.

If you've read one Ners post you have truly read them all. However, that doesn't stop him from infesting Every.Single.Thread will his unique brand of insane bullsh!t, repeating the same crap ad naseum.  Within 8 posts of his new identity being created he brings up John Dawson?? It's truly some sort written form of Tourette's.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4632 on: November 03, 2016, 02:36:32 PM »
If you've read one Ners post you have truly read them all. However, that doesn't stop him from infesting Every.Single.Thread will his unique brand of insane bullsh!t, repeating the same crap ad naseum.  Within 8 posts of his new identity being created he brings up John Dawson?? It's truly some sort written form of Tourette's.

Couldn't have said it any better.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUFan2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #4633 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:38 PM »

Dramatic Much?  I've posted in 3 threads.  Pretty incredible that over 18 months later, you still have so much internet hate toward a fellow MU fan who had an alternative point of view than you and was convicted in his convictions.  It is ironic that you haven't posted for 5 days, but have made 5 post today.  Of the 5?  3 involve me, and I've not replied to any of yours until now.  Nice insult to those who have Tourette's btw. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4634 on: November 03, 2016, 05:50:20 PM »
Ban hammer in 3...2...1...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4635 on: November 03, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
Thanks to whomever printed the 'how to ignore' primer. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4636 on: November 03, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
So, um, just to get things back on topic:

Phase1 Hoops @Phase1Hoops
Marquette assistant coach Stan Johnson was in to see 6'9 PF KJ Hymes (St. Mary's HS-AZ/2018) at school.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2016/08/02/st-marys-big-man-kj-hymes-seeing-recruiting-boost/87969492/

K.J. Hymes says he is a legitimate 6-foot-10 now. He weighs 201 pounds.
Knowing father Kwame's history of blossoming late, the Phoenix St. Mary's junior forward is anticipating another big growth spurt by the time he hits college.
"You've seen my dad," Hymes said. "He's a big guy. He didn't gain weight until his freshman or sophomore year in college. He was 6-6, 180 pounds his freshman year in college. He came back at 6-8, 250. So I think once I'm fully grown, get that last growth spurt, my body will let me gain weight."
College coaches are banking on it.
It is why his recruiting has blown up since June, receiving offers from Nevada, St. John's, Oklahoma, BYU, USC and Virginia.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216431/kj-hymes

http://247sports.com/Player/KJ-Hymes-86243

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4637 on: November 03, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »
Still looking for size.    After this class, MU is going to have to start balancing the classes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4638 on: November 03, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »
6'10", 201? Wow. Let's hope he puts on weight.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4639 on: November 03, 2016, 06:17:45 PM »
6'10", 201? Wow. Let's hope he puts on weight.

Meh.  It is addressed in the blurb.   Plus, as 2018 prospect, he has time to fill out.   

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4640 on: November 03, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
So, um, just to get things back on topic:

Phase1 Hoops @Phase1Hoops
Marquette assistant coach Stan Johnson was in to see 6'9 PF KJ Hymes (St. Mary's HS-AZ/2018) at school.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2016/08/02/st-marys-big-man-kj-hymes-seeing-recruiting-boost/87969492/

K.J. Hymes says he is a legitimate 6-foot-10 now. He weighs 201 pounds.
Knowing father Kwame's history of blossoming late, the Phoenix St. Mary's junior forward is anticipating another big growth spurt by the time he hits college.
"You've seen my dad," Hymes said. "He's a big guy. He didn't gain weight until his freshman or sophomore year in college. He was 6-6, 180 pounds his freshman year in college. He came back at 6-8, 250. So I think once I'm fully grown, get that last growth spurt, my body will let me gain weight."
College coaches are banking on it.
It is why his recruiting has blown up since June, receiving offers from Nevada, St. John's, Oklahoma, BYU, USC and Virginia.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216431/kj-hymes

http://247sports.com/Player/KJ-Hymes-86243
Ok that is his AZ part of the trip what about LA?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4641 on: November 03, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
Dramatic Much?  I've posted in 3 threads.  Pretty incredible that over 18 months later, you still have so much internet hate toward a fellow MU fan who had an alternative point of view than you and was convicted in his convictions.  It is ironic that you haven't posted for 5 days, but have made 5 post today.  Of the 5?  3 involve me, and I've not replied to any of yours until now.  Nice insult to those who have Tourette's btw.

First, to fellow Scoopers:  I apologize for engaging in the insanity that is Ners and helping him take yet another thread off topic.  After this post I promise to ignore him for the remainder of his brief stay.

For Ners: After being banned multiple times on multiple boards, a more intelligent person might start to question what they are doing wrong.  But not you!  Gotta hand it to you, no matter what, you refuse to learn. And attempting a guilt trip for comparing your ceaseless repetition to Tourette's?  Classic.

Bye, bye buddy, your next ban can't come soon enough.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4642 on: November 03, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »
First, to fellow Scoopers:  I apologize for engaging in the insanity that is Ners and helping him take yet another thread off topic.  After this post I promise to ignore him for the remainder of his brief stay.

For Ners: After being banned multiple times on multiple boards, a more intelligent person might start to question what they are doing wrong.  But not you!  Gotta hand it to you, no matter what, you refuse to learn. And attempting a guilt trip for comparing your ceaseless repetition to Tourette's?  Classic.

Again, well stated.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4643 on: November 03, 2016, 10:19:41 PM »
I'd like to go back in time and ask my Abnormal Psychology professor for some insight in diagnosing what the hell ails Ners and Chicos.

Let's start that both worked in MU AD...

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #4644 on: November 04, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »
Ok that is his AZ part of the trip what about LA?

I'm guessing that was the David Singleton visit mentioned previously in this thread.  Singleton lives in Torrance, CA which is located in LA County.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4645 on: November 04, 2016, 07:49:07 AM »
Wait so Ners AND Chicos were allowed back in under new screen names? Because this coming season was going to be too level headed and reasonable from a discussion standpoint???

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4646 on: November 04, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »

As I am likely the lone member on this board who has Tourette's I approve of the comparison for this one time. He hasn't been God awful yet but he made the board absolutely unreadable towards the end of his last tenure here
Maigh Eo for Sam

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4647 on: November 04, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
I'm guessing that was the David Singleton visit mentioned previously in this thread.  Singleton lives in Torrance, CA which is located in LA County.
Thanks!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4648 on: November 04, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
Wait so Ners AND Chicos were allowed back in under new screen names?

It's all on our failing memory.  I don't even remember what Ners was banned for.   

The other guy, What'shisname, though, I remember.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4649 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:45 PM »
It's all on our failing memory.  I don't even remember what Ners was banned for.   

The other guy, What'shisname, though, I remember.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."