[Today at 06:22:07 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8442788 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/19
« Reply #19100 on: July 21, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »
Nice try...but to be honest, some people and yes I will name names...like Ted, markedman(he might be the worst offender) and MANY others will NEVER say a critical word about anyone MU is recruiting. Sure, none of us know how they will turn out until they have played, but that doesn't mean it's not okay to be a bit critical sometimes of who the staff is recruiting, is it?? I see it all the time, people get excited about every recruit they land saying "good get", Congrats to the staff etc. Sometimes, if a guy is a reach or you feel he is, what's wrong with saying that?? if you are wrong, GREAT, then he was much better than anyone anticipated. That's a win-win for everyone, right??

People hand out praise like candy when it comes to MU's recruiting almost all the time...sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. Ted is another that likes pretty much everyone MU is recruiting it seems(sorry Ted but that seems to be true). Admittedly I'm edgy because they haven't gotten a commit yet...but it's almost like people don't realize just how absolutely vital this class is to the future of the program AND probably to Wojo's future..that should make some people nervous I would think. Believe it or not, I want this to be a stellar class so the program takes the next step AND so Wojo keeps his job.

This class is so vital IMO that if MU takes 4 guys, they can only afford to miss on MAYBE 1 of the 4, and the other 3 need to be productive starters(or better).  That's my opinion Wojo needs to be REALLY careful is all I'm saying.

As for you Brew, have you been satisified with every class Wojo has landed thus far??

I was overjoyed with 2015, and I think most of us were. We had 3 top-100 kids including Ellenson, a 4-star that many thought would've been top-100 in Traci Carter if he had been healthy, and a project in Anim. Just outside the top-10 and a consensus All-American.

I was also very happy with 2016. Jay Bee was pushing Markus as a stud, I really liked what Sam brought, and Bailey looked like a solid add.

2017 was a bit of a disappointment, but we lost Tillman to Michigan State and Nwora to Louisville (the two I wanted most that we didn't get). Not great, but not bad, and all the guys we did get had upside.

2018 was just Joey, but when you don't have many scholarships to fill, landing a kid who was top-40 and a borderline 5-star is about as good as you can hope for. So yeah, I was happy. Sucked to not get Grimes, but missing out on out-of-state five-stars happens.

Honestly, this past year (2019) was probably my biggest disappointment. It felt like we had a shot with Mannion, Carton, and Wilson. Only getting Akanno was the biggest disappointment. Having Torrence reclassify certainly helped, but until we see if he redshirts or not, I'm reserving judgment.

As far as final results, 2015, 2016, and 2018 100% met or exceeded expectations. 2017 was fine, 2019 was a little letdown.

You keep saying we don't have a commit yet. We do. Torrence was a top-40 kid in 2020. The staff put effort into recruiting him as a 2020. We get him early, great. Hope it works out as well as the last top-40 guard we had that reclassified and played a year early.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19101 on: July 21, 2019, 07:02:51 PM »
Scoop bans people for NOT breaking the rules, rather only because they feel people are being an “ass”. Yet they let guru and others go on. Sad!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19102 on: July 21, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »
I was overjoyed with 2015, and I think most of us were. We had 3 top-100 kids including Ellenson, a 4-star that many thought would've been top-100 in Traci Carter if he had been healthy, and a project in Anim. Just outside the top-10 and a consensus All-American.

I was also very happy with 2016. Jay Bee was pushing Markus as a stud, I really liked what Sam brought, and Bailey looked like a solid add.

2017 was a bit of a disappointment, but we lost Tillman to Michigan State and Nwora to Louisville (the two I wanted most that we didn't get). Not great, but not bad, and all the guys we did get had upside.

2018 was just Joey, but when you don't have many scholarships to fill, landing a kid who was top-40 and a borderline 5-star is about as good as you can hope for. So yeah, I was happy. Sucked to not get Grimes, but missing out on out-of-state five-stars happens.

Honestly, this past year (2019) was probably my biggest disappointment. It felt like we had a shot with Mannion, Carton, and Wilson. Only getting Akanno was the biggest disappointment. Having Torrence reclassify certainly helped, but until we see if he redshirts or not, I'm reserving judgment.

As far as final results, 2015, 2016, and 2018 100% met or exceeded expectations. 2017 was fine, 2019 was a little letdown.

You keep saying we don't have a commit yet. We do. Torrence was a top-40 kid in 2020. The staff put effort into recruiting him as a 2020. We get him early, great. Hope it works out as well as the last top-40 guard we had that reclassified and played a year early.

Torrence reclassified, and is here this year, therefore, he is a 2019 commit. I see him as no different then getting an eligible transfer in this year. I'm talking a 2020 commit that's a pure 2020 kid.

I have said it before, I REALLY thought Wojo's recruiting would be better to this point. He has had too many misses(transfers included). Again for those that think I am bashing Wojo, I have also said repeatedly, his recruiting has not been bad, but to me it's just been okay/good, NOT at the level I assumed it would be with the cache he has in CBB and the reputation he has.

For the record, TAMU(a lot of people respect his opinions/thoughts here) has also stated he thinks Wojo is overrated as a recruiter.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19103 on: July 21, 2019, 07:20:16 PM »
Go class by class.

Was anyone disappointed with 2015? Maybe in retrospect, but at the time? Ellenson, Cheatham, Heldt all top-100. Carter seemed like the cherry on top at the time. 12th in the country per 247.

Was anyone disappointed with 2016? If Sam doesn't leave early, you have two Marquette all-timers in the same class, and Bailey looks like a solid developmental piece.

Was anyone disappointed with 2018? We got one player and it was Joey. Wasn't that exactly what we wanted in that class?

You can parse 2017 and 2019, though if you're putting Torrence as 2019, you are adding a kid who was top-40 in his class.

Were you expecting Kentucky type results?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #19104 on: July 21, 2019, 07:40:11 PM »
Is subscribing to the Dodds board worth the price?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19105 on: July 21, 2019, 08:01:03 PM »
There are some straightforward Q and A of players that some scooper apparently believes to be “excellent”.

I would say no to answer your question.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19106 on: July 21, 2019, 08:14:52 PM »
Torrence reclassified, and is here this year, therefore, he is a 2019 commit. I see him as no different then getting an eligible transfer in this year. I'm talking a 2020 commit that's a pure 2020 kid.

I have said it before, I REALLY thought Wojo's recruiting would be better to this point. He has had too many misses(transfers included). Again for those that think I am bashing Wojo, I have also said repeatedly, his recruiting has not been bad, but to me it's just been okay/good, NOT at the level I assumed it would be with the cache he has in CBB and the reputation he has.

For the record, TAMU(a lot of people respect his opinions/thoughts here) has also stated he thinks Wojo is overrated as a recruiter.

TAMU says a lot of things. Glad you can cherrypick

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #19107 on: July 21, 2019, 08:37:40 PM »
There are some straightforward Q and A of players that some scooper apparently believes to be “excellent”.

I would say no to answer your question.
I think Marqfan22 is asking because tia thread is getting downright unreadable.  Hey mods, just give those who can’t stick to recruiting news and questions a TO. maybe we can then get back to an actual thread on recruiting.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19108 on: July 21, 2019, 08:42:52 PM »
I think Marqfan22 is asking because tia thread is getting downright unreadable.  Hey mods, just give those who can’t stick to recruiting news and questions a TO. maybe we can then get back to an actual thread on recruiting.

To be fair, what exactly is there to discuss recruiting wise right now?? It's a quiet period and no one has committed yet, so that doesn't leave much to talk about recruiting wise at the moment.

And I also think talking about Wojo's past recruiting etc, is a fair topic to discuss in a recruiting thread.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19109 on: July 21, 2019, 08:49:38 PM »
According to 247 Florida put out 63 offers. 13 kids have gone elsewhere so they have 50 live offers outstanding. Florida has exactly one senior/grad transfer  listed on their 2019-20 roster.  Stute says he is taking an official there, but doesn't know when.

What is the probability that Myles Stute is the one kid Florida actually signs?

I haven't done the same analysis for the 6 others on Stutes finalist list. But my instinct is MU may actually be one of the favorites in landing this recruit and in good shape on many other recruits.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19110 on: July 21, 2019, 08:53:37 PM »
According to 247 Florida put out 63 offers. 13 kids have gone elsewhere so they have 50 live offers outstanding. Florida has exactly one senior/grad transfer  listed on their 2019-20 roster.  Stute says he is taking an official there, but doesn't know when.

I haven't done the same analysis for the 6 others on Stutes finalist list. But my instinct is MU may actually be one of the favorites in landing this recruit and in good shape on many other recruits.

A Stute observation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #19111 on: July 21, 2019, 09:47:20 PM »
To be fair, what exactly is there to discuss recruiting wise right now?? It's a quiet period and no one has committed yet, so that doesn't leave much to talk about recruiting wise at the moment.

And I also think talking about Wojo's past recruiting etc, is a fair topic to discuss in a recruiting thread.

Talking about Wojo's past recruiting is absolutely a fair topic -- for another thread.

From the OP (see the very first post on page 1): "I decided to start a new thread to track overall recruiting efforts in a single place...If you please, I'd like to keep this to guys we're truly recruiting today."

This thread is meant to focus on current Marquette prospects. You're free to start a brand new thread on Wojo's recruiting record.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19112 on: July 21, 2019, 09:51:47 PM »
Talking about Wojo's past recruiting is absolutely a fair topic -- for another thread.

From the OP (see the very first post on page 1): "I decided to start a new thread to track overall recruiting efforts in a single place...If you please, I'd like to keep this to guys we're truly recruiting today."

This thread is meant to focus on current Marquette prospects. You're free to start a brand new thread on Wojo's recruiting record.

Okayyyyy well let's talk recruiting then! I will let you start...what's going on right now?? Have I missed anything?? Has there been any commits??

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19113 on: July 21, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »
Okayyyyy well let's talk recruiting then! I will let you start...what's going on right now?? Have I missed anything?? Has there been any commits??

We had 4 crystal ball predictions for a player in the last week and we had another player include us in his final 7.

There's a 5 star player we are in on announcing his final 12 this week.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #19114 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:43 PM »

Ok, good info, has anybody scene Stute and how does he fit with Lewis if they got both?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19115 on: July 21, 2019, 10:00:44 PM »
Cristal bowel is son one marketing tool no mata
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19116 on: July 22, 2019, 06:07:35 AM »
ND sucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19117 on: July 22, 2019, 06:36:24 AM »
Cristal bowel is son one marketing tool no mata

It matters greatly. It sees into the future.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19118 on: July 22, 2019, 08:16:57 AM »
It matters greatly. It sees into the future.

Crystal Ball vs. Magic 8-Ball, light em up!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19119 on: July 22, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »

There's a 5 star player we are in on announcing his final 12 this week.

That any kid (5 star or not) would feel self important enough to announce a "final 12" seems over the top to me.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #19120 on: July 22, 2019, 08:27:15 AM »
Top 5,yes, top 12, out of hand

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19121 on: July 22, 2019, 08:33:58 AM »
Settin' da table four more drama. How many hats kan ya put on a table, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19122 on: July 22, 2019, 08:45:01 AM »
That any kid (5 star or not) would feel self important enough to announce a "final 12" seems over the top to me.

I agree.  I laugh any time I see a kid Tweet out an image with like 15 school logos on it.  I assume he'll go from 12 down to a top 5 or something at some point.

But MU being included or eliminated from a top 12 of a 5 star is still more recruiting news than most of the posts on here lately.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #19123 on: July 22, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »
Recruiting news and discussion week in review.  July 16 – 22nd.   

In case anyone needs to catch up and doesn’t want to wade through the ridiculousness…  I’ve eliminated the offtopic posts and arguments (unless the arguments directly relate to a recruit).

Suggs.  He really likes Gonzaga.

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1732119001?__twitter_impression=true

There was no discussion about him playing football. Will be interesting to see how his football season goes and those discussions go as well. There are some pretty big football programs after him as well.

There have been several articles lately basically stating that Suggs’ interests are Gonzaga, Marquette, Minnesota, Iowa St. ...Michigan has tried to make a big push since Howard was hired to see if they can get in the mix too. Marquette is in a really good position. Only Gonzaga seems to be a team in as strong of a position at this point. .....things can and do always change.  Really like his game.

Suggs was spectacular this past weekend at the Under Armour tournament. He was one of the best players at any event this past weekend.

From what I have read it seems like Marquette is in a good position if Mark Few retires and Gonzaga is swallowed up by the earth........if you can call that a good position.

Suggs....

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1732119001?__twitter_impression=true

What's the latest with Marquette?
"When they came in for the in-home visit, they really ran down the plan of what it’s going to look like for me. They really just kind of relayed it to (Marquette star) Markus Howard — you got players around you, but ultimately you're the guy to go to. And he told me, 'We’re missing that one, big, five-star to really put it all together.' And one thing that he said to me that really stuck with me, kind of hit home, was that I remind him of (former NBA superstar and Marquette product) Dwyane Wade and the type of impact I could have on that program. That hit home. I appreciate that so much — that’s an honor to get that kind of comparison."

No offense to you at all Mark, but if MU were to land Suggs or another 5*, watching you and Ted standing there with your mouths wide open in complete astonishment that little old Marquette was able to pull off the absolute mammoth, herculean feat of landing a 5* would be a priceless thing to see. Maybe...just MAYBE then it would change your perspective a bit. Well worth it to me.  :)

Everyone says MU doesn't have a chance at 5*'s because bluebloods come in last minute and get them. Well, with Suggs, there isn't a single blueblood in his final list of schools. Not a single one. Iowa, Iowa St, Minnesota, MU, Gonzaga...Not exactly a "murderer's row" that MU has to compete against there, right?? If ever there was a 5* that people would think MU would have a reasonable shot of landing, it should be Suggs given who they are recruiting against. Sure, maybe Gonzaga does lead, but if he was so certain, why hasn't he committed there yet?? This is one that MU COULD have a good shot at. If not now, against this group of schools, then when??

I think you missed Mark's point, which is that we were already discussing the article you posted and the comments on Gonzaga were striking:

"We still talk to the coaching staff every day. I still talk to (2020 recruits Dominick Harris and Julian Strawther) every day. I’ve gotten to know a lot of the overseas guys who are coming in in our class, since they were all at the U-19 World Cup, and I got to meet a lot of cool people. It’s still the same impression from when I first started talking to them and when I took my visit. You don’t like Gonzaga; you love it. From meeting all the alumni and talking to the coaching staff, it’s just nothing but positivity on my side."

He talks to their staff every day. He talks to their recruits every day. He knows their overseas targets. He doesn't like Gonzaga, he loves them. It's nothing but positivity.

Everyone would be overjoyed to land Suggs, but this article basically feels like a bunch of fluff wrapped around a love letter to Gonzaga. Hard to imagine him not going there, as much as we all may hope otherwise.

yep.........I try to look at things as they are...not as I'd like them to be. If Suggs was best friends with Torrence...talked to him every day.....had already visited here and was looking forward to coming back again I would feel differently.......that however is Gonzaga's position....not ours.

If we land Suggs I will not be standing here with my mouth wide open in astonishment........I will be happy as hell that Wojo and Stan pulled off the improbable........I don't expect that to happen....if it does I will be thrilled.

Fine, but why did we just "gloss" over the MU part thought where Wojo told him he reminded him of Dwade and how that really hit home with him?? You can read into that that he was VERY intrigued by that and it really got to him. What if when he comes for his visit, DWade just happens to be there?? Then what??  ;) I mean, do we know for 100% certain he doesn't talk to MU coaches every single day?? Or that he and Markus or Theo, or Sacar don't talk every single day?? Just because he  doesn't say it, doesn't mean he doesn't. He has said specifically he wants to come and visit MU.

It is obvious that Suggs is a very intelligent kid. He gives a lot of detail in his football and basketball interviews . Two things that are important to him are relationship with the coach and chemistry with teammates . His list of candidates reflects that.

I think for us to have a chance to close we need to be the best of the non Gonzaga candidates. We can beat Gonzaga one on one.

Like I said, it was courteous, stock comments wrapped around a love letter to Gonzaga.

Michigan: "we've had a couple good conversations..."

Gonzaga: "YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU LOVE IT."

Marquette: "I appreciate that so much..."

Iowa: "They've always been there."

Iowa State: "He's good people."

Minnesota: "We've been talking more."

Yes, I'm cherry picking, but he basically gushes about one program and says nice things about the others. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up for Suggs. The tea leaves are pretty clear.

I thought the issue with him is that one of his friends is going to Gonzaga, and that it was assumed that they'd be playing together.  That may not come to pass, but I thought that was the thinking - not at MU - but in recruiting circles.  Maybe I'm thinking about someone else.  If so, the staff shouldn't write him off, but they better be focusing on other players, I hope.

Yes you are correct......Strawther has already verbaled to Gonzaga.

MU is doing what they should do......recruiting Suggs but also others in case they miss on him......which is obviously the more probable outcome.

As I said, Gonzaga is in a good position. But Marquette is in a good position too. I’m sure Marquette is doing everything it can in the process. Hopefully, Marquette can land him And, if not, good luck to him and on to the next one. But being in the final couple of schools for a kid playing this well is considered a good position to me, yes. Good doesn’t mean lock, or committed to me. Good position means to me a realistic chance of landing a player. I would not be surprised if he chose Marquette or Gonzaga.  I am very aware that 2nd place doesn’t count for much. Coffee is for closers etc...the bottom line.....So yes of course, recruiting can and does change, and is fluid. We’ll see. I’m sure Marquette will be fine either way.

Marquette in Osasere Ighodaro's final 4. 6'9 PF. Top 100 4 star prospect.

https://247sports.com/Player/Osasere-Ighodaro-46083527/

https://twitter.com/_oso_i/status/1151213793155809280

Would think being a Phoenix guy there is a Stan connection.

Marquette, Stanford, Texas, Vanderbilt.  Must be a very good student...

He also says "our class" when talking about Gonzaga.

but not good enough for the Harvard of the Midwest

Stan is the West coast connection.   I noticed OI lists Chandler, AZ as his hometown.  Same as Markus Howard so I wonder if there's a connection there, too.

This kid has a huge upside.  Very skilled and athletic, just needs some muscle.

4.0, according to 1 article.

https://twitter.com/Babybuzzo/status/1144390181492912128

https://twitter.com/Babybuzzo/status/1150936032889597955

After Texas Tech offered, Agbo picked up two more offers from USC and Arizona. Seems like this might have been less about desperation to fill scholarships and more about recognizing talent right before other high majors get involved

We are in dead period till July 23.
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/recruiting/calendar/2018-19DIMBB_RecruitingCalendar.pdf

USC offers Jalen Bridges
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cbbtoday.com/now/usc-trojans-offer-scholarship-to-2020-4-star-jalen-bridges/amp/

https://scoopmantv.com/2019/07/16/osasere-ighodaro-talks-final-four/

You can scratch Camron Fletcher from the first page

https://twitter.com/patlawless_/status/1151314310544723968?s=21

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #19124 on: July 22, 2019, 09:03:07 AM »
Part 2

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2019/07/mjnt-july-minicamp-roster.aspx

This will happen in the next evaluation period, so expect Marquette coaches to be present every minute they can.

I'll be curious how this goes. Only 18 2020 players, seems like the demand for guys like Burnett, Garcia, Lewis, and others we're in on could get notably higher. Surprised Emoni Bates (2022) isn't going to be there.

Unless he reclassifies  Bates isn't going to college.

This is still a Team USA camp. Plenty of pros end up in that system. And that's assuming the NBAPA agrees to a change that shortens the careers of their members.

I know that's how Silver wants it, but it's not done yet, and as you note reclassification is a possibility.

[regarding Camron Fletcher] Alabama is the only surprising team perhaps in this list. Duke was able to get a commitment from Jalen Johnson at a similar position. Chris Carrawell has been the lead recruiter for both players as well as Caleb Love and some others

Amazing, what the name on the front of the shirt does for getting attention.

Carrawell built relationship with Johnson and Family while he was coaching  at MU.....

Just to add to Fletcher, Johnson etc...

Nicolet will be returning to the Highland Shootout this upcoming season, and, they will be facing Cam’Ron Fletcher and St. Louis Vashon. It’s a really nice annual event in Highland Illinois about 30 miles NE of St. Louis. Always sells out. Sussex (Waukesha) Hamilton and Patrick Baldwin is also playing against St. Louis CBC and Caleb Love. DJ Steward and Chicago Whitney Young will be facing St. Louis Chaminade.

These are the matchups:

Over a dozen plus top 100 players.

Highland G v Greenville G
Highland B v Triad B
Tolton v Mater Dei
DeSmet v Collinsville
Mehlville v Trinity
Whitney Young v Chaminade
Nicolet v Vashon
CBC v Sussex

According to this article Blackwell visited MU in June

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/bbmen-recruiting/2019/07/16/dudley-blackwell-iowa-state-basketball-florida-recruiting-james-kane-marquette-nightrydas/1744130001/

DJ Steward update, offers from Duke and UNC, discusses Illinois too.  Marquette never mentioned.

https://www.prephoops.com/2019/07/dj-steward-talks-blue-blood-offers-and-recent-visits/

RJ Davis stock is going way up. Just picked up a North Carolina offer per Corey Evans.

Another one that was good while it lasted.

Evan Daniels with the Justin Lewis to MU prediction on Crystal Ball. That makes 6/6 for MU. Would be an incredible get to start the 2020 class

While the CB means nothing, good to see that he's hearing something at least that makes him feel this way. Andrew Slater followed suit putting it at 7/7

Get Lewis and maybe another big then a big grad transfer and that would be a good year, sure a guard would be nice but not a necessary player

Darlinstone picked up an offer from Wichita State.

https://twitter.com/__dstone/status/1151312114860154880

Has anyone already done the sleuthing to figure out which games are worth seeing at NY2LA in Mequon this weekend?

If your going please give a report on Phenom University 2021. Specifically Jakobe Thompson

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacDennis_2/status/1152030774725492736

Just to have at least one recruiting nugget in here...

Another Blue Devils guy predicted Justin Lewis to Marquette last night, making it 8/8 crystal ball predictions for Marquette.  So obviously it's a done deal.

I wonder if Evan heard of an imminent announcement coming.  Would love to get a commitment here soon.  I assume the guys who made their predictions after him were just following Evan's lead, although with the Duke connection maybe word found its way down to Durham.

Does Lewis have any connections to other high major recruits that Marquette might be in on?

Maryland, UConn, VT.  UCF is also included.

I'm not sure, other than playing against players in the Nike EYBL.  He'll also attend the USA Tryout next week, which has 5 or 6 players listing Marquette.

Justin Lewis has been the guy I've wanted most since the spring.  He will help fill the spot left by Morrow and is real versatile.  To my knowledge, Marquette has never signed a player from Maryland.

Justin is a very good fit with MU. The young man  has the type of base level skills that can built into something special. He has an excellent opportunity to reach his potential at MU.

If we could sign him up it would give the 2020 recruiting a lot of momentum. Getting on the recruiting scoreboard in Maryland would be helpful to our cause as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQfEMpRkylw

Justin Lewis would be a nice first/second piece to a 2020 class.  Athletic guy along with Symir.  Been one of their top priority players

If anyone subscribes to 247 Meyer has an article about the momentum on the CB for Justin Lewis. Not sure if it provides any information about why the momentum is happening, but here it is:

https://247sports.com/Article/Marquette-gaining-in-Crystal-Ball-for-Justin-Lewis-133783383/

No additional info other then he says Uconn, Maryland and Virginia Tech are also in contention.

RJ Davis gets a Louisville offer to go with one from UNC.

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/Article/louisville-basketball-recruiting-RJ-Davis-133788836/

Just a few thoughts on Justin Lewis:
-strong around the rim, offense and defense. Good touch with both hands. Makes strong moves from FT line and in. Very strong.
-average lateral quickness. Has good instincts that help to make up for it.
-adequate passer.
-good form on shot. Not sure what it means but his shooting numbers went up dramatically from EYBL play to the Peach Jam. 2pt 43% to 48%. FT 55% to 69% and 3pt 28% to 39%. Id take those peach Jam numbers all day. I think he’s got the potential to be an above average shooter.

If I had to give an MU comparison I’d say maybe Lazar? Or a less athletic Jimmy.

If Lewis can improve his shooting, I'd say Jamil Wilson with a little more of an edge.

Absolutely. If you believe in recruiting rankings he’s right around Jerel McNeal/Haanif Cheatham. Higher than Sam Hauser and Brendan Bailey. He just seems like a Big East player to me honestly

I'm fine with Lewis but more as the 2nd or 3rd piece of the class, not the headliner...this class is VITALLY important to MU's future. Wojo has to get it right.

I am not as high on recruiting rankings as much as seeing a player in person to see how good they are.  To many Top 100 kids that signed at
MU do not make the next step.  Sure Top 10 kids really are usually the deal, after that, time only tells.  A good example to me is, Jamari Sibley.
I have seen him a few times and not sure how he fits at the next level.  Athletic yes, but awful, skinny.  Hope he spends sometime in the weight room.  Todd Smith needs to get his hands on him .Reminds of Jamal Cains build, not sure if Jamal fits in even at MU.  Respectable freshman year, showed nothing but turnovers the last year.  Hope he worked on his handle this off season, plus his pathatic free throw shooting.  He might be a better 3 point shooter than a free throw shooter.  Athleticly threw the roof.

He performed  well in the EYBL IIRC .............that is against top competition. The thing I like is he has a Big East body and has skill, athleticism and judging by his rebounding numbers.....some toughness......I think these are the kind of kids we need  to build around.

Wojo was at all of his games this spring/summer  ....he obviously thinks he can be a contributor right away.

Myles Stute announcing his top 7 later today.

Moved from the Twin Cities a few years ago.. was running with my high school’s team as an 8th grader.

“DC” kid, but strong MN roots.

https://twitter.com/jbbauer612/status/1152790266530738177?s=21

In an interview a few days ago Stute mentioned:

Florida, Texas A&M, Clemson, and Pitt were listed as the places he wants to visit.

He also mentioned Virginia Tech, Georgetown, Iowa, Iowa St. as the places he is also interested in right now.

His offers before Peach Jam included St. John’s, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, Boston College, in addition to most of the above schools. Marquette offered just after Peach Jam. We’ll see if Marquette is in the final 7 mix.

Nimari Burnett cutting his list to 12 tomorrow

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1151114467922579458?s=20

https://twitter.com/stutemyles/status/1153019307573596160?s=21

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/seven-schools-make-the-cut-for-rivals150-forward-myles-stute

Huh? No idea what you are talking about. All I did was reference an article a couple of days ago and what it said. I never gave my opinion.

Here’s the article:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/bbmen-recruiting/2019/07/17/iowa-state-iowa-mix-washington-dc-wing-myles-stute-pitt-florida-virginia-tech-steve-prohm/1751642001/

The above should be all the posts you'll need to have read from the last week.   Let's hope this doesn't have to become a thing
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:05:55 AM by UWW2MU »