[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8337898 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 6/15/19
« Reply #18475 on: June 26, 2019, 10:27:45 AM »
Guru must be experiencing an existential crisis.

I am still waiting for his reply.  Hoping he can clarify his position. 

I can understand being cautious about a prospect not having other high major offers.  But then a HM coach he has gushed about offers the same prospect.  How does he interpret this new piece of information?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18476 on: June 26, 2019, 10:32:50 AM »
I can think absolutely any way I want...Thank you very much. You have NO idea what i want, think, hope for etc. Do NOT EVER tell me what I can and can't do...are we clear Brew?? Thank You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsp4rn9QnM
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #18477 on: June 26, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »
You would be one of the last people I would seek guidance from. No offense. However, at least i keep it real. I'm not a phony like a vast majority of posters here are(including you). There is ZERO chance that posters here really believe half the stuff the post. It's a message board "persona". There is zero chance that people, especially the slurpers and the "everything is seashells and balloons" type, really and truly believe a majority of stuff they post and I'd bet at least to an extent their thoughts and things hey have said in private are much different then here. But because I post something they feel like they have to "pounce" even though privately they feel the same to an extent.

If not, then i really a truly feel sorry for a lot of my fellow posters. it makes me sad, truly.

So basically you're saying just about all scoopers are trolls

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #18478 on: June 26, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
Hate to interrupt the Guru back and forth thread but MU did get a new prediction on CB last night.......

ps. JB can ignore as always.......for others....disclaimer: Crystal Ball predictions may or may not end up coming true.....it doesn't mean we are now a heavy favorite for said player...or that we blew it if we don't get him......it just means somebody thinks we are in good shape for some reason.
https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/TargetPredictions/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:47:13 AM by MuMark »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18479 on: June 26, 2019, 10:43:55 AM »
More on Niels . Cooley & Company and X hot on the trail.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1143531694609313794
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #18480 on: June 26, 2019, 11:06:21 AM »
I don't follow the AAU scene closely, but this seems like one of those situations where a player had a big showing at an event. His three best offers (Marquette, San Diego State, and Texas Tech) have all come in the last few days. He also recently checked out Stanford on an unofficial. Could be his stock is rising soon.

Stan was in Arizona recently for an AAU tournament, per his twitter.  Nix played in the event and I assume Stan also watched the two recent west coast offers.

Agbo plays for Compton Magic.  Current and former players include  Evan Mobley (#1 player in 2020), his brother Isaiah Mobley (5* in 2019, USC), Johnny Juzang (Kentucky), and Jaylen Clark (top 100 in 2020).  Marquette had interest in Juzang and Clark, so Stan must have a contact in the program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18481 on: June 26, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »
More on Niels . Cooley & Company and X hot on the trail.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1143531694609313794

Very cool.  Given that you've had an update every day for a while now on the guy and not one has been about Marquette, good luck to the schools actually recruiting him.

If this changes and there's actual Marquette news, I think we all look forward to hearing about it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #18482 on: June 26, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »
You are probably giddy about the kid they just offered...he's the type your boys from DePaul would offer.

The irony here is that you flipped out at chicos for allegedly putting words in your mouth and propagating a lie.

Which is the exact same thing you are currently doing.

Yet another example of you being a huge hypocrite.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #18483 on: June 26, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »
THIS!!  ;D

???

You constantly type repetitive and long-winded posts and then claim someone has no idea what you want?  You should probably improve your communication skills.

Frankly your posts come off as some who is complaining for complaining sake and lack logical consistency.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #18484 on: June 26, 2019, 11:34:15 AM »
That's not what I said.

I'm merely trying to say that just because a player has non-blue blood offers only, doesn't mean he isn't talented or can't be successful at the high major level.

I agree with you on that point.  If you’d taken the guy we offered and said, “Maybe he’ll turn into a Kamar Baldwin or Sacar Anim,” then yeah, I would’ve gone along with it.  But a guy like Ja Morant ending up at a school like Murray State is a freak event, a once or twice in a decade type of thing like Steph Curry at Davidson or Wally Sczerbiak at Miami-Ohio.  Using Morant as an example of why we shouldn’t overlook lower ranked kids is a bit much.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18485 on: June 26, 2019, 11:42:10 AM »
I agree with you on that point.  If you’d taken the guy we offered and said, “Maybe he’ll turn into a Kamar Baldwin or Sacar Anim,” then yeah, I would’ve gone along with it.  But a guy like Ja Morant ending up at a school like Murray State is a freak event, a once or twice in a decade type of thing like Steph Curry at Davidson or Wally Sczerbiak at Miami-Ohio.  Using Morant as an example of why we shouldn’t overlook lower ranked kids is a bit much.

Ja Morant is an extreme case, but kids ranked in the 100s becoming impact college players really isn't all that uncommon.
There were at least 10 kids taken in the first or early second round last week that were ranked 150 or below as high school recruits.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18486 on: June 26, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »
Evan Daniels
@EvanDaniels  42s 
Source: 2020 forward Coleman Hawkins (247sports.com/Player/Coleman…) is taking an official visit to Marquette today. 
View details · 
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #18487 on: June 26, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
Ja Morant is an extreme case, but kids ranked in the 100s becoming impact college players really isn't all that uncommon.
There were at least 10 kids taken in the first or early second round last week that were ranked 150 or below as high school recruits.

Of course those types of kids can become impact players.  And top 100 recruits can be busts.  But dropping Ja Morant’s name in relation to our own recruiting is lazy and, on top of that, it’s hubris.

A kid like Jalen Bridges has been Marquette’s bread and butter for years.  Ranked in that 60-100 range, really good but not quite good enough to attract blue blood offers.  Sure, those kids can turn out to be less than advertised (Jamail Jones, Erik Williams, etc.) but they can also turn into program cornerstones.  These are the kids we need to continue to go after and try to get at least one of in every class.  Wojo probably needs to land two of these types for 2020.  If he can’t even land one, that’s not good.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #18488 on: June 26, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »
Don't mind me......just a little info for those interested.....for those who don't think he is good enough please ignore
Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
 19m19 minutes ago
More
Source: 2020 forward Coleman Hawkins (https://247sports.com/Player/Coleman-Hawkins-46055197/ …) is taking an official visit to Marquette today.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18489 on: June 26, 2019, 12:32:54 PM »
I keep logging on and see dozens of new posts in this thread, for a moment i am intrigued that MU might have a new commitment.  Quickly, i am disappointed to see the same 3 idiots (chicos,guru, and Mu82) are still endlessly trying to prove to the world how big of an idiot they are.  Can u guys just start ur own thread or get a room?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18490 on: June 26, 2019, 12:44:35 PM »
Of course those types of kids can become impact players.  And top 100 recruits can be busts.  But dropping Ja Morant’s name in relation to our own recruiting is lazy and, on top of that, it’s hubris.

A kid like Jalen Bridges has been Marquette’s bread and butter for years.  Ranked in that 60-100 range, really good but not quite good enough to attract blue blood offers.  Sure, those kids can turn out to be less than advertised (Jamail Jones, Erik Williams, etc.) but they can also turn into program cornerstones.  These are the kids we need to continue to go after and try to get at least one of in every class.  Wojo probably needs to land two of these types for 2020.  If he can’t even land one, that’s not good.

1. I'm not sure about that bread and butter thing. If you look at MU's impact players over the past 10-15 years, not a ton of them fall into that 60-100 range (and including Howard in there is a bit misleading, as he'd easily have been a top 20-40 player in his own class).
So, players who fall in that range, using RSCI rankings:
2018- none
2017 - none
2016 - S. Hauser, Howard*
2015 - Cheatham, Heldt
2014 - Cohen
2013 - D. Wilson, Burton
2012 - none
2011 - J. Anderson
2010 - none
2009 - none
2008 - none
2007 - none
2006 - none
2005 - McNeal**, Matthews

So, other than the classes of 2005 and 2017 (and that's including Markus), not many impact players in the 60-100 range over the past 15 recruiting classes.
** = Jerel actually was 57th, but I'll give it to you.

2. Are we panicking about Wojo's inability to land even one top 100 player in the Class of 2020 (excluding Symir)? June seems a bit early for that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18491 on: June 26, 2019, 01:25:35 PM »
I keep logging on and see dozens of new posts in this thread, for a moment i am intrigued that MU might have a new commitment.  Quickly, i am disappointed to see the same 3 idiots (chicos,guru, and Mu82) are still endlessly trying to prove to the world how big of an idiot they are.  Can u guys just start ur own thread or get a room?

Always so much fun to read your incoherent ramblings; that's why I don't put you on ignore.

For example, I like how you used a post that had nothing to do with recruiting (and was filled with personal attacks and name-calling) to criticize others for posts having nothing to do with recruiting. Well done!

But hey, nice job getting through your last few comments without ripping Marquette players.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #18492 on: June 26, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »
Really like Hawkins.  Long and rangy with a good skillset. 

Not sure if I mentioned it here that although he's from the Sacramento area, his dad played at Vocational High School in Chicago and San Diego State and the Hawkins family still have strong ties to Chicago and spend time there according to an article I read.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #18493 on: June 26, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »
Always so much fun to read your incoherent ramblings; that's why I don't put you on ignore.

For example, I like how you used a post that had nothing to do with recruiting (and was filled with personal attacks and name-calling) to criticize others for posts having nothing to do with recruiting. Well done!

But hey, nice job getting through your last few comments without ripping Marquette players.

At least ur owning something for once.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #18494 on: June 26, 2019, 01:46:23 PM »
Really like Hawkins.  Long and rangy with a good skillset. 

Not sure if I mentioned it here that although he's from the Sacramento area, his dad played at Vocational High School in Chicago and San Diego State and the Hawkins family still have strong ties to Chicago and spend time there according to an article I read.

Plays with Nimari Burnett at Prolific Prep, too.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18495 on: June 26, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »
Don't mind me......just a little info for those interested.....for those who don't think he is good enough please ignore
Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
 19m19 minutes ago
More
Source: 2020 forward Coleman Hawkins (https://247sports.com/Player/Coleman-Hawkins-46055197/ …) is taking an official visit to Marquette today.

Did you not look 2 posts above where I posted this exact thing??
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:49:51 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #18496 on: June 26, 2019, 01:51:03 PM »

don't forget that on signing day in 1999, Wade was the lowest ranked out of him, Merritt and Blankson (and Sanders was top ten for 5th year guys).

Obviously, you cannot build a class out of only those types of guys but it's wrong to dismiss them as they can not only play vital roles in success but potentially blow up to be a star.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #18497 on: June 26, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »
Congrats, you win.  Can someone get him a cookie?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18498 on: June 26, 2019, 02:13:00 PM »

I typically skip over your posts, so I wouldn't doubt it if that's what happened here.

Plays with Nimari Burnett at Prolific Prep, too.

Would be very happy to have them both come aboard.

NOTE: I do NOT mean that I think this is happening!  Just so there is no confusion here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18499 on: June 26, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »
OMG!!! You've actually figured out that "a" and "the" mean different things!!! Congrats. Once you fully grasp articles, we'll move on to nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. It's clear your Asian oppressors have sent you to re-education camps but we can get you back to English as your first language if you're patient.

You've outdone yourself again. Weird, the journalists who wrote the articles also didn't say THE reason or A reason.  They simply stated why he went to MU.  So weird, especially since most journalists I know have a pretty good handle on English.  Maybe you should take it up with them for not conforming properly and giving the requisite love to Buzz that you so desire.

As for your ridiculous Asian comment, not sure what to say.  Oppressors?  Have I ever come close to saying that? No. In fact, I've argued they are currently being OPPRESSED, whether it is college admissions, etc.  As I stated, I CHOSE to live in an Asian community the last 16 years.  I CHOSE to go to graduate school to earn a Masters in East Asian Languages and Cultures. I CHOSE to earn my minor at MU in East Asian Studies.  Most of my friends are Asian.  Most of my workforce is. I have the highest regard. 

Finally, since you are quipping about English language I believe a comma was needed before "but" in your final sentence as it is a conjunction. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4AyjKgz9tKg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4AyjKgz9tKg</a>
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback