'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8459237 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15
« Reply #1750 on: June 07, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »
He looks like a pretty legit 6'8 next to Jabari

I actually thought he looked like he has an inch or two on Jabari.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1751 on: June 07, 2016, 01:10:39 PM »
I try not to get inside a teenager's mind too often, as that is a dark and scary place, but I agree it would make no sense for him to commit anywhere until after he knows 100% about Sam's MU experience.

That being said, isn't there a chance that even if Sam loves-loves-loves it at MU, Joey would go elsewhere just to have a different experience?

I was hardly a world-class athlete -- hell, I wasn't even a Ners-class athlete -- but I specifically chose to go to college far away from where my three older brothers did just to have a different experience. I didn't want to live close to home. That's why I wasn't even a little bitter at Joe Wolf's decision.

Agree completely.  If MU is a serious options,  he'll want to appreciate is brother's experience. If he chooses a path away from his brother,  different story potentially.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1752 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:48 PM »
Agree completely.  If MU is a serious options,  he'll want to appreciate is brother's experience. If he chooses a path away from his brother,  different story potentially.

Is Joey a one and done?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1753 on: June 07, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »
Is Joey a one and done?

Early to tell but I would doubt it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1754 on: June 07, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »
Early to tell but I would doubt it.

Agreed, but having seen both at this stage, I think he's better than Henry was after 2 years of HS ball. Part of that might be the teams they were on, though.

Gut feeling on Joey is he goes out of state, but it's so early who knows.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #1755 on: June 07, 2016, 05:32:33 PM »
Agreed, but having seen both at this stage, I think he's better than Henry was after 2 years of HS ball. Part of that might be the teams they were on, though.

Is Joey about 6'9 too? He could be a carbon copy of Henry.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1756 on: June 07, 2016, 06:32:18 PM »

I saw Henry A LOT and for years.. Joey, not so much at this stage. Have you seen both a lot and in travel as well as HS?

Last year, I had Henry a bit better than Joey at the same stage.. but, some similarities to be sure. Whatever the case, a lot to like about Joey.

From last summer on Scoop:

Yep. Darrell is at a lot of the games and looks like he could run it from the 2 yard line against NFL teams still, no problem.

So, back to the Hauser kids...

Sam has good size (~6'6") and can shoot, dribble and pass.. well rounded player. See him as a 3/2. Loves the behind-the-back dribble and will often take the ball up the court and school smaller defenders who try to challenge his dribbling. When the ankle was bothering him a bit this weekend, he looked to pass and is an above average distributor.

If I had to compare him to a current Warrior, I might go with Sandy... but Sam is much farther along than Sandy was at this time.

Joey's comp would be Henry... he's not where Henry was at this stage, but some similarities in what they can do at their size (at a high-level)... Joey has a couple inches on Sam and is well built. Still, his upper body isn't where it'll eventually be and as he gains strength it's only going to make him more of a menace.

He can work on the block, he can pop out and knock down the three and he can run the floor and finish quite well. Both he and Sam defend all sorts of players, including small guards... and do so with success. I had Sam at a ~40-70 type range... I could see Joey a bit better.. maybe 25-45ish.. if he works on his strength and just keeps improving though, there is a very high upside for him.

Like Sam, Joey can pass the ball as well. Some well-delivered dishes cross-court.

What might stand out most about both of them is their calmness and confidence on the court. They both look incredibly comfortable. Both do make highlight-reel plays, but even with those there is a unique smoothness and confidence. Under-control. Relative to what many freshmen go through, their transition to D-I basketball may be a little easier for them because of their make-up.

Anyway, very pleased that Sam is a Warrior. Hope to add Joey.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #1757 on: June 07, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »
Would love to see Joey commit to MU and play alongside Sam. It'll be interesting to see how Joey develops, and who else throws an offer in the ring.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1758 on: June 07, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »

I've heard that the family connection is VERY important to the Hausers, both the boys and the parents. Feel like MU has a very good shot. However, if the blue bloods come calling (definitely some interest from Izzo), anything can happen.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1759 on: June 08, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »
I've heard that the family connection is VERY important to the Hausers, both the boys and the parents. Feel like MU has a very good shot. However, if the blue bloods come calling (definitely some interest from Izzo), anything can happen.

+1

Heard quite awhile ago that the Hausers were really hoping their boys could play together in college. Now obviously others are still courting Joey, but as long as Sam's happy here, I think we're the front-runner. Not enough to say it's over by any stretch, who knows what happens in the next 12-18 months, but if Sam's still here and happy with his situation when Joey makes his decision, I'll feel good about our chances.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1760 on: June 08, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »
+1

Heard quite awhile ago that the Hausers were really hoping their boys could play together in college. Now obviously others are still courting Joey, but as long as Sam's happy here, I think we're the front-runner. Not enough to say it's over by any stretch, who knows what happens in the next 12-18 months, but if Sam's still here and happy with his situation when Joey makes his decision, I'll feel good about our chances.

But don't the Hauser's know Wojo's just going to cut Sam once Joey sets foot on campus?!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1761 on: June 08, 2016, 08:30:27 AM »
But don't the Hauser's know Wojo's just going to cut Sam once Joey sets foot on campus?!

Know this is teal, but wanted to add. From what I've heard, the Hausers are very familiar with how "enthusiastic" the Ellenson family is and aren't necessarily fans. The Wally situation will have zero impact on the Hausers.
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #1762 on: June 08, 2016, 08:38:36 AM »

I'd be grateful if you could avoid letting your frustration with the "they cut Wally" crowd from bleeding into the discussion of the Hauser brothers.   
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #1763 on: June 08, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »
I'd be grateful if you could avoid letting your frustration with the "they cut Wally" crowd from bleeding into the discussion of the Hauser brothers.

Surprised he hasn't worked his "all scoopers think Henry is a D-Leaguer" narrative into the thread yet.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1764 on: June 08, 2016, 08:58:51 AM »
Surprised he hasn't worked his "all scoopers think Henry is a D-Leaguer" narrative into the thread yet.

Don't think I've ever said all Scoopers think that.  I'm a Scooper and have certainly never considered Hank a D League player.

But there are plenty who have stated that he's a D Leaguer.  Probably the same ones who thought he was going to give us 6 and 3 as a freshman.

Scoop is a funny place.  Set an insanely low bar so as to avoid getting let down by a player or team not meeting the expectations you set, but then when that player or team performs somewhere above the low bar that was set but below what you really hoped for, get super pissed off, freak out, and talk about the coach not being able to cut it.  And then when someone exceeds hopes, rip him for realizing his dreams.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:10:17 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1765 on: June 08, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
Know this is teal, but wanted to add. From what I've heard, the Hausers are very familiar with how "enthusiastic" the Ellenson family is and aren't necessarily fans. The Wally situation will have zero impact on the Hausers.

The Hausers seem very grounded from what I have gathered. Really excited to have Sam joining the fold!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1766 on: June 08, 2016, 09:01:44 AM »
The Hausers seem very grounded from what I have gathered. Really excited to have Sam joining the fold!

+1.

MuMark

• All American

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #1768 on: June 08, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
I'm lost.

Are wadesworld and Ners the same person?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1769 on: June 08, 2016, 11:43:44 AM »
I'm lost.

Are wadesworld and Ners the same person?

I can't dunk.  Otherwise we're 1 in the same.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #1770 on: June 08, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
YIKES!!

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #1771 on: June 08, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
Don't count out UW.  Gard has made JH a priority.  The Hauser parents still root for the Badgers despite Bo's lack of interest.  I do know he is going to MSU and that would be a hard opportunity to pass up.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #1772 on: June 08, 2016, 12:57:43 PM »
Don't count out UW.  Gard has made JH a priority.  The Hauser parents still root for the Badgers despite Bo's lack of interest.  I do know he is going to MSU and that would be a hard opportunity to pass up.

Statistically, every recruit who visits MSU and also has an older brother going to Marquette, has always chosen MU at the end. #DoneDeal

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: June 09, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
Julius Kim ‏@JKim97  40m40 minutes ago
2018 @WisconsinPGC guard Tyler Herro will take a visit to #Marquette on Monday, he tells @Phenom_Hoops.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »
Julius Kim ‏@JKim97  40m40 minutes ago
2018 @WisconsinPGC guard Tyler Herro will take a visit to #Marquette on Monday, he tells @Phenom_Hoops.

Well Herro there.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.