[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Will the stock market crash (June 24 2016 Update)?  (Read 117881 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Will the stock market crash (June 24 2016 Update)?
« Reply #600 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
Its only a false equivalency because it isn't convenient to you.  Got it.  And stop being so outraged about 26 people when the government you call HOME drops bombs and hurls missiles from unmanned drones daily.  Where is the outrage for that?  What a crock.  You're not booing every time the National Anthem is being played, so maybe drop the Irish pride routine... because it really seems disingenuous.

Every country has bad history, and a lot of them won't and don't apologize for their past transgressions... sooooooooo get over it.

No it's still a false equivalency. Youre just refusing to acknowledge it's a different situation when a government has been taken out of power and acknowledged it's wrong doing and changed (Germany) vs a government of victors that is still the same.

I have loads more examples than that one instance to be outraged by, just seems like the one everyone would know the most. As far as booing, you don't know me so you probably shouldn't make that assumption. I don't boo, it's disrespectful to those around me, not going to kneel either, but I sure as hell am not cheering along, taking my hat off, getting a woody hearing the national anthem either. And certainly not proclaiming god bless America, same as god bless England. Sorry to disappoint you. I hope you don't have any American pride or else it's a little hypocritical of you to tell a citizen of another country "drop your pride" and ignore transgressions that have never been addressed internationally. I expect you don't have any hate toward any country that has ever wronged the USA then.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:07:26 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #601 on: February 04, 2020, 10:21:56 AM »
No it's still a false equivalency. Youre just refusing to acknowledge it's a different situation when a government has been taken out of power and acknowledged it's wrong doing and changed (Germany) vs a government of victors that is still the same.

I have loads more examples than that one instance to be outraged by, just seems like the one everyone would know the most. As far as booing, you don't know me so you probably shouldn't make that assumption. I don't boo, it's disrespectful to those around me, not going to kneel either, but I sure as hell am not cheering along, taking my hat off, getting a woody hearing the national anthem either. And certainly not proclaiming god bless America, same as god bless England. Sorry to disappoint you. I hope you don't have any American pride or else it's a little hypocritical of you to tell a citizen of another country "drop your pride" and ignore transgressions that have never been addressed internationally. I expect you don't have any hate toward any country that has ever wronged the USA then.

I'm not sure I can roll my eyes hard enough at this.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #602 on: February 04, 2020, 10:27:15 AM »
I'm not sure I can roll my eyes hard enough at this.

That's how I've felt about your false equivalency, assumptions about me and unanswered potential hypocrisy. So we're good  :)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:28:51 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »
That's how I've felt about your false equivalency, assumptions about me and unanswered potential hypocrisy. So we're good  :)

Well, my assumptions were true.

Pretty interesting that you're drawing a continuous line for England as though nothing has changed in a thousand years.  Your argument is that change in style of government equates to limitless blame.  Got it.  Its a really stupid argument, but hey, I guess you're the one trying your best to make it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2020, 12:45:33 PM »
Well, my assumptions were true.

Pretty interesting that you're drawing a continuous line for England as though nothing has changed in a thousand years.  Your argument is that change in style of government equates to limitless blame.  Got it.  Its a really stupid argument, but hey, I guess you're the one trying your best to make it.

Good god aren't you're real mature now that you've turned to childish insults. Are you a student or something?

I don't care about thousands of years ago. Remember you are the one who brought that up Initially, and have continued arguing as if I'm bringing up stuff from "a thousand years" reread and point to me where I've mentioned any reason for disliking England that is more than the past 50-70 years. If you do I'll donate $50 to a non partisan charity of your choice.

Let me put this argument real simple:

"God Bless England" is in favor of support for a country who's CURRENT powers endorse essentially redlining practices, and discrimination based on religion and have continued to support the cover up of various atrocities that have happened in recent memory. I do not draw a continuous line, never have. The era I am arguing is linear, because it literally is still the same government since the Anglo Irish treaty in the 20s. In that time span England has done plenty to warrant not being "blessed".

Everything else you've brought up whether it be stuff from other countries, atrocities from thousands of years ago, to my ancestry, to whether I "boo" at the national anthem, to now claiming that I've been saying England still has the same government. Is all A) not relevant. B) In many cases misrepresenting what I have said.

If you'd like to return to a legitimate debate and stop childishly insulting then happy to if not just assume it's not worth me time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:48:57 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2020, 01:02:41 PM »
They have done wonderful things, I mean, I love Dickens and Led Zeppelin.  But they have had painted the world with blood of the oppressed. 

That is a great way to describe Led Zeppelin.   Bonzo would be smiling.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2020, 01:31:58 PM »
Good god aren't you're real mature now that you've turned to childish insults. Are you a student or something?

I don't care about thousands of years ago. Remember you are the one who brought that up Initially, and have continued arguing as if I'm bringing up stuff from "a thousand years" reread and point to me where I've mentioned any reason for disliking England that is more than the past 50-70 years. If you do I'll donate $50 to a non partisan charity of your choice.

Let me put this argument real simple:

"God Bless England" is in favor of support for a country who's CURRENT powers endorse essentially redlining practices, and discrimination based on religion and have continued to support the cover up of various atrocities that have happened in recent memory. I do not draw a continuous line, never have. The era I am arguing is linear, because it literally is still the same government since the Anglo Irish treaty in the 20s. In that time span England has done plenty to warrant not being "blessed".

Everything else you've brought up whether it be stuff from other countries, atrocities from thousands of years ago, to my ancestry, to whether I "boo" at the national anthem, to now claiming that I've been saying England still has the same government. Is all A) not relevant. B) In many cases misrepresenting what I have said.

If you'd like to return to a legitimate debate and stop childishly insulting then happy to if not just assume it's not worth me time.

God Bless America.

Go.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2020, 01:52:31 PM »
That is a great way to describe Led Zeppelin.   Bonzo would be smiling.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »

Curious... why a "non-partisan" charity?  Aren't all charities non-partisan by definition (at least for tax status)?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2020, 02:37:34 PM »
Curious... why a "non-partisan" charity?  Aren't all charities non-partisan by definition (at least for tax status)?

Ehhh I just wanted that established in case I forgot some response I wrote. It didn't matter anyways as I was not the one bringing that up.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback