collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations  (Read 50459 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Vaccinations
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »
You're putting up hurdles before we even know what they are.

Also, China does a lot of dumb sh*t, but that doesn't mean the US should just go along for the ride.

Climate change is real. Boom. Truth. Is it all because of humans? Likely not. Too many variables. Do human contribute? Likely yes. Okay, settled. Fine.

So what do we do? Well, throwing up our hands because we don't have a youtube video or IKEA instructions on how to fix the problem is silly.

We need to start at square one: Human behavior. Can we all understand how we make an impact. How can we minimize it day to day?

After that, let's look at industries and see if the private sector can innovate. Maybe some cooperation with governments and public funding.

After that, let's use some social, global and economic pressures with our trade partners, so they get their sh*t together as well.

After that, let's see if we can find another planet to move to, or at least steal their air with a gigantic spaceship that turns into a maid with a vacuum.  

Not that tough, guys.

Yeah....throw money at the problem because that's always the solution.  It's ended the war on poverty, it has fixed education, it totally ended the war on drugs, and we can go on.

Look, your response is cute and all, but forgive some of us that would like to know what we are doing, how much it is going to cost in real dollars and in lost competitiveness.  Seems a fair ask.

Note, I didn't say I'm against it.  Note, I think humans are involved in SOME warming, then again climate is getting warmer on other planets where humans aren't present...are we causing that also?  Of course not.  It's complicated as hell, and that's the problem.

A very complicated scenario and you end up with a solution that is "not that tough guys".  Well, yeah, it is. 

What's the plan, what does it cost, WHAT WILL IT DO AND HOW IS IT MEASURED, what are the consequences of doing it or not doing it.  These are valid, RESPONSIBLE questions for the world, for our nation, for the taxpayers.  Too many unknowns and way too many simpleton answers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »
Agreed. We need more transparency at a LOT of levels.

Fortunately, that was a pillar of this administration. Or so I was told a few years ago.

Yup, the most transparent in history....wow was that short lived...a month?  Disappointing to be sure.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »
Kids today don't have time  for that history stuff. They have to read " Billy Has Two Moms"

Hey... I love a good MILF/cougar threesome video as much as the next warm blooded guy, but really, did they have to make a novelization of it?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:49 AM »
Yeah....throw money at the problem because that's always the solution.  It's ended the war on poverty, it has fixed education, it totally ended the war on drugs, and we can go on.

Look, your response is cute and all, but forgive some of us that would like to know what we are doing, how much it is going to cost in real dollars and in lost competitiveness.  Seems a fair ask.

Note, I didn't say I'm against it.  Note, I think humans are involved in SOME warming, then again climate is getting warmer on other planets where humans aren't present...are we causing that also?  Of course not.  It's complicated as hell, and that's the problem.

A very complicated scenario and you end up with a solution that is "not that tough guys".  Well, yeah, it is. 

What's the plan, what does it cost, WHAT WILL IT DO AND HOW IS IT MEASURED, what are the consequences of doing it or not doing it.  These are valid, RESPONSIBLE questions for the world, for our nation, for the taxpayers.  Too many unknowns and way too many simpleton answers.

First, the "not that tough guys" was added after I made a reference to Mega Maid. Lighten up, Francis (that's from a movie, FYI).

Second, I would LOVE to see a concrete case study on exactly how we can eliminate global climate change. Unfortunately, we don't have one. But, that doesn't mean we should just wait and do nothing. There isn't an instruction book for this problem. I know that sucks. I hate it too, but that's the way it is.

Third, nowhere in my basic bullet points did it say that we should throw endless sums of money at the problem. That obviously isn't a good strategy, and it's not even a good tactic. We need to start with some level of agreement of what the problem is, and then start consistent messaging. How can we all chip in? Can I reduce my own footprint or impact? Are there products or companies that can help with that? etc. etc

Start with human behavior and global culture. THEN we can move into some of the production challenges.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »
Robert F. Kennedy certainly doing a stand up job on this

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/opinions/perry-kennedy-autism/

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2015, 07:42:54 PM »
Under the ACA, health insurers can charge up to a 50% surcharge for tobacco usage.

The same calculation should be made for insuring the unvaccinated.
How unfair

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »
Is chicos too west coast?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2015, 11:42:33 PM »
Is chicos too west coast?

We believe in vaccinations in my home.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2015, 08:01:40 AM »
How unfair

Why?  More risk, more premium to pay to cover that risk.

Explain.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »
Under the ACA, health insurers can charge up to a 50% surcharge for tobacco usage.

The same calculation should be made for insuring the unvaccinated.

How about those having unprotected sex or are just promiscuous in their actions.....higher surcharge?   

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2015, 10:18:55 AM »
How about those having unprotected sex or are just promiscuous in their actions.....higher surcharge?   

The more perfect the analysis of risk, the more accurate the premium.  Clearly, some things are harder to verify than others.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2015, 10:20:43 AM »
The more perfect the analysis of risk, the more accurate the premium.  Clearly, some things are harder to verify than others.

Being extremely overweight is a greater health risk than tobacco use, so perhaps a fat tax is in order.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2014/07/09/obesity-worse-than-smoking.html

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2015, 01:23:55 PM »
Being extremely overweight is a greater health risk than tobacco use, so perhaps a fat tax is in order.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2014/07/09/obesity-worse-than-smoking.html

How about an IQ test....for the stupid people that do really stupid things that hurt themselves or others.....I'm all for it.  The national IQ testing facility. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »
How about an IQ test....for the stupid people that do really stupid things that hurt themselves or others.....I'm all for it.  The national IQ testing facility.  

Sure, as soon as there's an indisputable, scientific link showing that possessing a certain IQ or IQ range means you're likely to be doing stupid things that hurt oneself or others.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:40:09 PM by PakunLee »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »
Sure, as soon as there's an indisputable, scientific link showing that possessing a certain IQ or IQ range means you're likely to be doing stupid things that hurt oneself or others.

Why, we make policies all the time based on things that are not indisputable.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »
Why, we make policies all the time based on things that are not indisputable.

FYI .... that's not a very good argument in support of your position.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2015, 09:43:44 AM »
Why?  More risk, more premium to pay to cover that risk.

Explain.

That should have been in teal but I posted from my phone.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »

How about those who work terribly long hours and are under an inordinate amount of stress? Especially if they constantly brag/complain that to be so.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
How about those who work terribly long hours and are under an inordinate amount of stress? Especially if they constantly brag/complain that to be so.

That should be covered under workers' comp.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »

You two are always lobbing sh1t balls at each other but this was priceless! I am still laughing!

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2015, 12:59:10 AM »
FYI .... that's not a very good argument in support of your position.

It's reality, why deny it. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2015, 01:00:57 AM »
You two are always lobbing sh1t balls at each other but this was priceless! I am still laughing!

You just cash out, get the nice watch and get a new gig.  Couldn't be happier.  Pretty simple, really....life is too short for the other nonsense. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
I forget, is anyone here on the side of the anti-vaxxers?  Because if we're all in agreement here, then what's the sense dancing around a Chicos-bash-fest... let's just dive right in.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »
I forget, is anyone here on the side of the anti-vaxxers?  Because if we're all in agreement here, then what's the sense dancing around a Chicos-bash-fest... let's just dive right in.

I thought this was the very rare for Scoop, but unanimous in agreement thread.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks