'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Mock Drafts by wadesworld
[June 21, 2024, 10:18:49 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 21, 2024, 09:43:59 PM]

Oso Article by Jay Bee
[June 21, 2024, 09:09:48 PM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by lawdog77
[June 21, 2024, 05:12:30 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[June 21, 2024, 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[June 21, 2024, 10:50:55 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Have To Tell It Like It is  (Read 84023 times)

mattyv1908

• All American
Re: Have To Tell It Like It is
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2014, 12:36:38 AM »
TAMU

I like you, but you're lying to yourself and this board if you think Derrick is closer to Deonte offensively than Deonte is to Derrick defensively.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Derrick being a good defender is a myth which began with Buzz 'coach speak' in press conferences and hailed on this message board to justify his playing time.  Thanks Ners!

I'm not suggesting Derrick should have had his minutes cut and given to Deonte, I'm just adding him to the mix of players on this roster who have very limited skill sets that Burton's potential exceeds drastically.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:38:49 AM by mattyv1908 »
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2014, 01:44:28 AM »
JJJ-Played comprable minutes to Deonte, but agreed that he should have gotten less
Derrick- The distance between Derrick's D and Deonte's D is much greater than the distance between Derrick's O and Deonte's O
Juan- I don't think anyone could make an argument that Deonte was better than Juan this season. Plus, Juan is a necessity because of his height and has been our best defender.
Steve- Necessary evil. Tallest player on the team.
Carlino/Duane- Both were head and shoulders better than Deonte this season.

Wojo and his staff evaluated the talent this year just fine. I think Deonte really struggled without a true big man to help seal off lanes for him on offense and cover his arse on defense. I think his production was going to go up significantly once Luke got on the floor. It's a shame won't get to see if that was a correct prediction or not.

You do agree about coaches not giving into demands from players for playing time, correct? Whatever our opinions are, clearly Burton wasn't doing something to earn playing time with the coaching staff.

I also like you, TAMU.  Your optimism is unparalleled and I respect you for defending DeWil when so many attack him, but the bold part...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2014, 03:21:02 AM »
I'll tell it like it is...

At least when we lost a clunker to Omaha at home we followed it up with 3 straight wins.

One of those wins was a home clunker for Mighty Michigan and they followed it up with another clunker.

Things could be worse...
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »
I have to tell it like it is.

I am deeply disappointed in Coach Wojo right now. Common Sense was not used at all this year in his treatment of either Deonte or John. Deonte was a kid who had a solid first season, was a pillar of our future plans and by all accounts was a good student and kid. His mother passes away two days before the start of the season. So obviously the young man is stressed at a very vulnerable point in his life. Why throw fuel on the fire and demote him. Just doesn't make sense and unnecessarily created additional stress for the kid. He could of easily been given 21-22 minutes and he would have been fine with the message of you earn more with D. Wojo had to understand how tight this group of young men are. They treat each other like brothers. He has messed up the family.

Wasting a year of Johns eligibility was not the right thing to do either. He should have been upfront and honest with that kid.

I think Wojo is a very inexperienced guy. I listen to some of his hyperbole and it tells me that. Today's actions tell me there are going to be a lot of growing pains with him.

The Sun will rise again tomorrow. Kids don't always understand and it is the coaches duty to be there for them through the tough times.

I don't believe student athletes are fungible.

Thanks, It will be fine. The future will be better than the past.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:49:00 AM by Nevada233 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2014, 06:58:06 AM »
This thread makes me certain that we have some posters on Scoop who believe the planes were really missiles on 9/11.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2014, 06:59:11 AM »
It's MUScoop mad lib time!

(Insert poster) likes a (insert player) when they sign with MU.
(Insert poster) finds out (insert player) family member or coach posts on the board, and (Insert poster) gets giggly.
(Insert poster) reaches out to said (insert player) family member or coach via the Personal Message system.
(Insert poster) goes out of the way to praise and praise (insert player) no matter what, ignoring reason or fact, and even tears down other players and multiple coaching staffs, because of his new internet friends.
After (insert player) still does not get PT, (Insert poster) writes (insert player) family members or coach that they are getting a raw deal @ MU.

Rinse & repeat.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2014, 07:23:16 AM »

Especially considering Deonte's mothers death and the fact that he is a local product from Milwaukee. He deserved more time...and consideration.

And at the end of each practice, they all get treats, and at the end of the year, they all get trophies!  Weeee! 

This is major college hoops.  You want playing time?  Earn it.  What this says to me is in practice, Deonte did what he's been doing in games.  He looks lost on D, has his hands down on D and when the shot goes up his eyes go to the basket instead of looking for an opposing player to box out.  If he's not getting these concepts in practice, he's not going to get them in a game.  To actually believe he or anyone else should get game time simply because he's a local guy or he has had a difficult time at home is nuts.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2014, 07:57:40 AM »
First thought, I suspect this could be one of those things Wojo looks back on and thinks he could have handled better. It was a big deal that he kept the entire team together after Buzz abandoned them. Wojo planted his flag on keeping the team together, and now that some are splintering apart, it looks like a chink in the armor. I'm confident we'll be fine in the long run, but I think this (like Buzz with Newbill) is something he will look back on as a more experienced coach and think "I could have done that better."

Second thought, Dawson isn't a big surprise. Couldn't get on the court, it almost seems like him sitting as much as he did might be to help facilitate a transfer in the hopes that the 4 minutes against UTM gets waived. Regardless, we will apparently add a walk-on, who will be expected to get about as many minutes as John played since early mid-November. The brutal truth here is that this really isn't a net loss, because we are losing zero production. Hopefully John finds a better situation. He has some ability and can contribute to a team, I have no doubt, just probably not at this high of a level on a consistent basis.

Final thought, and I'm sure some will blast me for this, but Deonte has no one to blame but himself. Yes, he went through a traumatic year leading up to this. But his lack of minutes and lack of being a significantly contributing player on this team are not because of Wojo, they are because of Deonte.

Deonte is the one who plays defense with his hands at his side. No one on the coaching staff is telling him to do that. Deonte is the one who isn't going after defensive rebounds. Wojo specifically said that he could contribute in ways other than offense, but when he came to rebounding, he wasn't boxing out and he wasn't getting to balls. That's not just on the defensive end, but also on the offensive end, where he was half as likely to get an offensive rebound as he was a year ago. And while many (myself included) have speculated that Deonte could greatly benefit from a physical presence (like Otule was and hopefully Fischer will be) he chose to leave before he ever got to play with Luke. That's largely his decision.

Deonte is used to being able to dominate guys with his physical talents. The simple truth is that isn't good enough for high-level basketball. It wasn't good enough for him to get minutes at Brewster, and it won't be good enough for him to get minutes in a high-major conference or the NBA. The raw ability is there for him to be great. I thought he could have been an All-American here. But he simply doesn't try hard enough on either end of the court.

I really hope he finds a coach that can maximize his gifts, that can help him move on with his life and focus on what comes next. Apparently Wojo wasn't it. That does disappoint me, but not as much as Deonte's lack of effort over the past month or so did.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2014, 08:09:30 AM »
First thought, I suspect this could be one of those things Wojo looks back on and thinks he could have handled better. It was a big deal that he kept the entire team together after Buzz abandoned them. Wojo planted his flag on keeping the team together, and now that some are splintering apart, it looks like a chink in the armor. I'm confident we'll be fine in the long run, but I think this (like Buzz with Newbill) is something he will look back on as a more experienced coach and think "I could have done that better."

Second thought, Dawson isn't a big surprise. Couldn't get on the court, it almost seems like him sitting as much as he did might be to help facilitate a transfer in the hopes that the 4 minutes against UTM gets waived. Regardless, we will apparently add a walk-on, who will be expected to get about as many minutes as John played since early mid-November. The brutal truth here is that this really isn't a net loss, because we are losing zero production. Hopefully John finds a better situation. He has some ability and can contribute to a team, I have no doubt, just probably not at this high of a level on a consistent basis.

Final thought, and I'm sure some will blast me for this, but Deonte has no one to blame but himself. Yes, he went through a traumatic year leading up to this. But his lack of minutes and lack of being a significantly contributing player on this team are not because of Wojo, they are because of Deonte.

Deonte is the one who plays defense with his hands at his side. No one on the coaching staff is telling him to do that. Deonte is the one who isn't going after defensive rebounds. Wojo specifically said that he could contribute in ways other than offense, but when he came to rebounding, he wasn't boxing out and he wasn't getting to balls. That's not just on the defensive end, but also on the offensive end, where he was half as likely to get an offensive rebound as he was a year ago. And while many (myself included) have speculated that Deonte could greatly benefit from a physical presence (like Otule was and hopefully Fischer will be) he chose to leave before he ever got to play with Luke. That's largely his decision.

Deonte is used to being able to dominate guys with his physical talents. The simple truth is that isn't good enough for high-level basketball. It wasn't good enough for him to get minutes at Brewster, and it won't be good enough for him to get minutes in a high-major conference or the NBA. The raw ability is there for him to be great. I thought he could have been an All-American here. But he simply doesn't try hard enough on either end of the court.

I really hope he finds a coach that can maximize his gifts, that can help him move on with his life and focus on what comes next. Apparently Wojo wasn't it. That does disappoint me, but not as much as Deonte's lack of effort over the past month or so did.

Excellent post, brew. I think your "first thought" was especially spot-on.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »
Excellent post, brew. I think your "first thought" was especially spot-on.
yep... spot on.

I think that in 10 years Wojo could be famous for being "the only man to hold Deonte Burton below 15 ppg".
This means that Wojo is still our coach in 10 years, and Deonte is making it big in the NBA.  I hope both happen.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
I can say with confidence that the reason Wojo is and will be fine with this outcome, is that he and his staff tried everything to get through to Deonte. He just wasn't responsive to it, and that's okay. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »

Well put.

And for those who ask why Derrick plays more than Deonte despite his lesser stats, the answer is obvious:  Consistently giving max effort, and playing with his head in the game.  Derrick does what the coaches ask of him.  Deonte doesn't - that is assuming they asked him not to play with his hands on his hips on defense.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »

There's an old saying that coaches don't cut players, players cut themselves. Obviously, neither one of these players was cut, but their own limitations and/or effort directly led to their lack of playing time. We saw potential in both players but games aren't won with potential. Results matter.

In addition, Deonte doesn't really have a position. He's not quick enough to guard on the perimeter and he's not tall enough to battle in the post. He's a classic tweener. There's no doubt that the young man has skills offensively but unless he was going to contribute in other ways, his game didn't fit on this team. He's a scorer and that's about it. This current team needs more than that. On the 2012-13 team, he would have been a nice fit for some quick runs of instant offense, especially when protected by solid defenders like Blue, Otule and Lockett on the other end. This year's team doesn't have that luxury.

Both young men are going to find landing places and have successful college careers. I'm disappointed that it won't be at Marquette but I wish them the best.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2014, 08:29:20 AM »
Nice post BrewCity77.

I'll tell ya what...no matter what happens this year, I'll be glad when De Wilson isn't around anymore so that this effing board will (hopefully) improve and shut up the loud, incessant posters who love to hear themselves type the same thing for 50,000 words.

This place has devolved from a place that a few faithful Crean-bashers/supporters made everything about him....into a site a few use every. single. opportunity. to turn an argument into being about De. Wilson and his playing time and lack of offense.

It's sooooo tiring and MU Scoop used to be better than this.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2014, 08:29:45 AM »
And that was communicated to him. Not only on defense, but rebounding, an area that could have won him major minutes. Deonte wasn't receptive to it, so he decided to leave. Wojo isn't dumb, he knows the natural ability is there. He just couldn't get through to him.

Agree.  If anyone is making the case for Burton playing over Juan, we're talking 1 rebound per 11.5 minutes vs. 1 rebound per 4.7 minutes.  On a team that has been terrible at rebounding, not having Juan on the floor has been tough for that reason alone, and it was an open opportunity for Burton to earn more time since nobody besides Juan has been rebounding with any consistently.  Even with Fischer, increased minutes are still for the taking for any of the remaining seven (Fischer included) who contribute on the boards, even if they struggle in other areas.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
Nice post BrewCity77.

I'll tell ya what...no matter what happens this year, I'll be glad when De Wilson isn't around anymore so that this effing board will (hopefully) improve and shut up the loud, incessant posters who love to hear themselves type the same thing for 50,000 words.

This place has devolved from a place that a few faithful Crean-bashers/supporters made everything about him....into a site a few use every. single. opportunity. to turn an argument into being about De. Wilson and his playing time and lack of offense.

I agree with this.  I love having Derrick on the team but some posters make this place tough to come to and read.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2014, 08:34:37 AM »
TAMU

I like you, but you're lying to yourself and this board if you think Derrick is closer to Deonte offensively than Deonte is to Derrick defensively.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Derrick being a good defender is a myth which began with Buzz 'coach speak' in press conferences and hailed on this message board to justify his playing time.  Thanks Ners!

I'm not suggesting Derrick should have had his minutes cut and given to Deonte, I'm just adding him to the mix of players on this roster who have very limited skill sets that Burton's potential exceeds drastically.

Indeed agree to disagree. I agree (and think anyone would be a fool to disagree) that Burton has a ceiling that is miles higher than Derrick. But I don't believe in playing players based on potential. Every coach I have known plays players based on what can they do for me right now. And for the first part of the season, I really believe Derrick was doing more for us than Deonte was. I was predicting and hoping that Luke's presence would help Burton out on both ends of the court. Its a shame we'll never get to see them play together.

Conference season will be rough, but the future is bright!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2014, 08:40:04 AM »
Agree.  If anyone is making the case for Burton playing over Juan, we're talking 1 rebound per 11.5 minutes vs. 1 rebound per 4.7 minutes.  On a team that has been terrible at rebounding, not having Juan on the floor has been tough for that reason alone, and it was an open opportunity for Burton to earn more time since nobody besides Juan has been rebounding with any consistently.  Even with Fischer, increased minutes are still for the taking for any of the remaining seven (Fischer included) who contribute on the boards, even if they struggle in other areas.

A player once told his coach that he wasn't getting the ball enough. The coach's response: "The ball comes off that rim 50 times a game. Go get it."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2014, 08:45:57 AM »
Nice post BrewCity77.

You said it.  A lot of the crap from the last few years ran off some of our better, more insightful posters, and what we are left with just isn't the same.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
You said it.  A lot of the crap from the last few years ran off some of our better, more insightful posters, and what we are left with just isn't the same.

I think we have to be very careful in how we approach this "rift".  You can't run posters off the board, they quit.  Were they good posters and do I wish they were here?  Yes.  But they chose to leave, they could have just as easily chosen to stay and ignore those posters.  That's their choice.  If you stifle voices because of how they make you feel that is the worst kind of censorship and applaud the mods for their very delicate hand in this manner, we should self-police.

I hate how much we carry on about Derrick, but both sides are guilty of that as each side fights the other equally.

Quite frankly I like the diversity of opinion and thought.  As an example, I don't really agree with Tex's view point on what went down, but it definitely gives me food for thought and another perspective.  I've actually modified my stance on the transfers based on some of the things Ners, Tex, etc have said.  I don't agree with them 100% but I think there is value to what they say.

I think Brew captured some of it.  Mistakes were made in the whole process, both by the coaching staff and the players themselves.  In hindsight, some things likely could have been done differently but unfortunately the die has been cast.  The future is still bright, just a touch cloudier than we thought it would be.

One change I would like to see is some of the "alliances" that seem to go on.  We do seem to divide into two groups of posters that share the same viewpoint all the time.  It be nice to see say Sultan, Ners, and Brew fighting me, Willie, and TAMU over something some time.  Maybe there is a psychology study in that.  
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:05:09 AM by mu03eng »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
Read page 1.  Skimmed page 5.  Skipped everything in between.

I could write a 20,000-word dissertation on this thread given just the title and post #1, and I'm pretty sure it would be 20,000 words of depth and accuracy on subject matter which is completely the opposite.  Kind of like American Movie, only I'd be the documentarian.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »
There's an old saying that coaches don't cut players, players cut themselves. Obviously, neither one of these players was cut, but their own limitations and/or effort directly led to their lack of playing time. We saw potential in both players but games aren't won with potential. Results matter.

In addition, Deonte doesn't really have a position. He's not quick enough to guard on the perimeter and he's not tall enough to battle in the post. He's a classic tweener. There's no doubt that the young man has skills offensively but unless he was going to contribute in other ways, his game didn't fit on this team. He's a scorer and that's about it. This current team needs more than that. On the 2012-13 team, he would have been a nice fit for some quick runs of instant offense, especially when protected by solid defenders like Blue, Otule and Lockett on the other end. This year's team doesn't have that luxury.

Both young men are going to find landing places and have successful college careers. I'm disappointed that it won't be at Marquette but I wish them the best.

Results do matter.  What kind of on-court results did the guys in front of Deonte and John produce these last 1.5 years?  It may be great if you have this max effort, try hard guy in practice - but if he can't produce on the court during games - you give his more talented back up a legitimate chance.  Anyone who thinks Deonte and John aren't more talented than Juan and Derrick is flat out lying to themselves.  And when the guys you are buried behind the bench are floundering big time in games, it doesn't exactly promote a great attitude among more talented players sitting behind them.

Deonte and John, given what they were benched behind, actually showed great attitudes.

This whole new narrative of "Deonte plays defense with his hands down" is comical.  Deonte's hands were just fine when he was in a true guarding situation.  You don't run around a basketball court with your hands up in the air all game long on the defensive end.  Somehow Burton's hand's down defense resulted in him being  #5 of ALL COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYERS in Steal Percentage.  Amazing he was able to do that with his "hands down at his side."

Edit:  I've been generally pleased with Juan this year and wouldn't necessarily have slashed his minutes and given to Deonte.  I'm sure everyone can guess who's minutes I would have greatly reduced and given to both Deonte and John.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:22:27 AM by NersEllenson »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
One change I would like to see is some of the "alliances" that seem to go on.  We do seem to divide into two groups of posters that share the same viewpoint all the time.  It be nice to see say Sultan, Ners, and Brew fighting me, Willie, and TAMU over something some time.  Maybe there is a psychology study in that.  

I would never betray you mu03eng!

I actually think these moments have happened. But the D/D debate has been so all consuming that we don't have time to acknowledge them.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2014, 09:21:36 AM »
I would never betray you mu03eng!

I actually think these moments have happened. But the D/D debate has been so all consuming that we don't have time to acknowledge them.

That's why I have you, me and Willie riding off into the sunset together

You are probably right, it's likely a recency error on my part.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
Wow, this escalated quickly.

1) Best wishes to both John and Deonte. I hope they find what they are looking for at their next program.

2) "Encouraged transfers" do happen. But not in the way that Ners and others are implying. I have worked at two different D1 universities, one D2 university, and interned at another D1 university. I work with college basketball players, staff, and coaches every day and benching a kid who deserves to force him to transfer hasn't happened ONCE in my years of experience. It is extremely unethical and could kill your reputation on the recruiting scene.  What does happen, is coaches will have blunt conversations with players and tell them "unless you improve drastically, you will not get any playing time on this team. If playing time is your priority, you probably should transfer." In rarer cases, a coach may say "your scholarship will not be renewed next season because I need it for a better." This isn't very common in my experience. Some view it as unethical, I personally do not. Your scholarship is earned on the basketball court, if you can't perform and someone else can....

3) I have only had brief conversation with Wojo but my instincts, as well as everyone I talk to, lead me to believe that he is a genuine, ethical, upstanding human being. The fact that Wojo played John those four minutes against UT Martin leads me to believe that he wasn't planning on Dawson transferring. If he was truly "nailing Dawson to the bench" he wouldn't have done that. It would take a supremely terrible human being to do that to a kid. A much more likely scenario is that Dawson wasn't good enough to earn playing time in close game (e.g. all of our games since UT Martin) but was going to get playing time in garbage time scenarios with the possibility that he could earn more time in practice or next season.

4) No coach, ANYWHERE, will play a kid more minutes just to keep him from transferring. The moment a coach does this, he has lost control of his team. Playing time is earned, not given. This is coaching 101. If a player says give more playing time or I walk and he won't listen to reason, any coach worth his salt will say "there's the door." If Deonte and John really left because they weren't willing to work for their playing time, then bravo to Wojo for standing tall.

5) No player is bigger than the team. The coach should always do what is best for the program. (Except in cases of ethics)

6) Try to enjoy the process. The future is bright!

Thanks for sharing, always nice to bump experience against opinions.

Seems like Nobody is convincing Anybody on this issue.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback