Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 09:39:22 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Have To Tell It Like It is  (Read 82756 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Have To Tell It Like It is
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »
No he should have been given what he deserved and earned and been coached to his talent which he has.

For Wojo to say that he had players in front of Deonte who were "playing better then him" was a joke. They are different players!

Learn to coach different players man! Talent is talent. You have it or you don't. And he is a local kid too. Just very tacky if you ask me.

Not after 8 games and knowing this young man's situation, come on now.

You can't tell me that 1 or 2 of his All Americans on that coaching staff could not have helped both John or Deonte? Get real....

Deonte allowed the situation with Dawson to influence his decision.

If I am to look on the outside looking in I think Deonte saw Dawson as another family member and roomie leaving, and he related it and then paired with his situation and his mother's passing and got so upset he took off too. . .

Wojo in stubborn coaches pride already with only 8 players and not sense enough to know that Luke Fischer would have solved much of the issues he had with Deonte [rebounding and defense] having a big man back there and allowed Deonte to play up to his ability in other areas.

But he was too impatient to wait. One players strengths can cover the others weaknesses. That is how you build a team, not make clones.

One thing about many college coaches is they are playing their players out of ego and out of their natural positions. 

And they are forcing them into their system which is probably their right. But not in this case here.

This is my last post on this here... I think Coach Wojo needs to humble himself and send a coach or go back and get Deonte and even John on this team. It won't happen but it should.

I'll be honest.  I read this thing about five times and really can't figure out what you are trying to say here.  It's a series of disconnected thoughts and sentences.  Extremely difficult to read.

That being said I agree that Deonte should have "been given what he deserved and earned."  I think the rub is what he feels he "deserved and earned," is different than what Deonte felt he "deserved and earned."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »
Why do you guys think there is such a transfer epidemic right now?  Why do you think Badgers have not had many transfers?  Wisconsin has had 6 transfers in 11 years under Bo Ryan and Marquette has just had that the last 3 years.  I am just wondering why there is such a difference?

Wiscy players must just like all the Bo jobs they get.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #452 on: December 14, 2014, 07:06:53 AM »
You know what my name was scoop stalker. I'm fine with being fickle in your opinion. I really don't care what a 50 year old guy who spends 18 hours a day on this message board thinks. I just checked the stats, you have spent over 8 1/2 months on this board since joining less than 6 years ago. You really need to find a hobby or something constructive to do. It's just not healthy.

Dude on message board complains that other dude on message board spends too much time on message board.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #453 on: December 14, 2014, 08:49:39 AM »
Dude on message board complains that other dude on message board spends too much time on message board.

Well played!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #454 on: December 14, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Why do you guys think there is such a transfer epidemic right now?  Why do you think Badgers have not had many transfers?  Wisconsin has had 6 transfers in 11 years under Bo Ryan and Marquette has just had that the last 3 years.  I am just wondering why there is such a difference?

Didn't Bo list about a hundred schools on the off-limits list of the last player who tried to transfer?  But no, that couldn't possibly play into it....

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #455 on: December 14, 2014, 09:19:18 AM »
Most likely the biggest reason is that Bo is very adept at getting players to redshirt. A player is not unhappy with his playing time, if he redshirts and it also makes it less likely the player will transfer after redshirting. It works very well for Bo as it gives him an extra year to develop these players and keeps the team from having to rely on freshmen.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #456 on: December 14, 2014, 11:12:29 AM »
Most likely the biggest reason is that Bo is very adept at getting players to redshirt. A player is not unhappy with his playing time, if he redshirts and it also makes it less likely the player will transfer after redshirting. It works very well for Bo as it gives him an extra year to develop these players and keeps the team from having to rely on freshmen.

This is the biggest factor.  Very few people would transfer knowing they are losing a year of eligibility.