[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ray Rice let go by Ravens  (Read 93290 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Ray Rice let go by Ravens
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2014, 03:23:56 PM »
Anyone see this crap?
(He's carrying a doll.)

What a parenting job. smdh

SS Marquette

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
That's pretty funny

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
People are terrible.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
Anyone see this crap?
(He's carrying a doll.)

What a parenting job. smdh

Kid could have done without the blackface, but I like the missing teeth and facial expression that conveys the intellect of, well, a dumb child.  So basically, it's a spot on costume.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »
People make me laugh at what they are outraged by.

Is it ok to dress up as a chainsaw massacre guy....I mean, afterall his reason for being is to kill people.   Is it ok to wear an Obama mask vs putting black face on?  Is it ok to wear and ebola or Hazmat costume?  How about George Bush with a Hitler mustache?  What about wearing a Chicago Blackhawk jersey with a full headdress? 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2014, 11:21:24 AM »
We'll mark down Chicos in the supporter of domestic violence column.

Care you share your thoughts on Gamergate too?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »

Is it ok to dress up as a chainsaw massacre guy....I mean, afterall his reason for being is to kill people.   Is it ok to wear an Obama mask vs putting black face on?  Is it ok to wear and ebola or Hazmat costume?  How about George Bush with a Hitler mustache?  What about wearing a Chicago Blackhawk jersey with a full headdress? 

I believe that guy is the son of a self-identified, 1/32nd Cherokee princess.  So it's ok.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »

It's the blackface moron.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »

Yes, Chico's, because dressing up like a fictional horror film character is the exact same as dressing up as an abusive man and his victim for kicks.
And wearing a mask of president is the same thing, with the same racist overtones, as blackface.
Christ, you can't even get it right about the Blackhawks, which are not named after a tribe, but rather a person (Chief Black Hawk, who inspired the name of a WWI military unit in which the Hawks' first owner served).

Who thought it was possible to cram so much tone deafness and obtuseness into a single post?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
Yes, Chico's, because dressing up like a fictional horror film character is the exact same as dressing up as an abusive man and his victim for kicks.
And wearing a mask of president is the same thing, with the same racist overtones, as blackface.
Christ, you can't even get it right about the Blackhawks, which are not named after a tribe, but rather a person (Chief Black Hawk, who inspired the name of a WWI military unit in which the Hawks' first owner served).

Who thought it was possible to cram so much tone deafness and obtuseness into a single post?

Because he was gone for a few days, and needs his fix for attention.  Just ignore him, I have, and it's awesome.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »

I agree with almost all of this, but in fairness, wearing an Obama mask is perfectly acceptable provided the context involves one lampooning Obama (i.e. a specific person, not a race), whereas blackface is never appropriate unless done strictly for artistic, historic or pedagogical purposes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:11 PM »

Anybody who reads chicos' posts.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
We'll mark down Chicos in the supporter of domestic violence column.

Care you share your thoughts on Gamergate too?

LOL.   Yes, and don't forget if you wear a hockey mask with a fake knife, you support murder.

I have no doubt someone is outraged over a Schmitt's Gay ad...even though it is a faux ad just like this is a faux costume.  Is it in bad taste?  Sure.  Is dressing up as a redneck in bad taste?  Yes.  Is dressing up
As a slutty Disney princess?  Sure.  Welcome to Halloween

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
LOL.   Yes, and don't forget if you wear a hockey mask with a fake knife, you support murder.

I have no doubt someone is outraged over a Schmitt's Gay ad...even though it is a faux ad just like this is a faux costume.  Is it in bad taste?  Sure.  Is dressing up as a redneck in bad taste?  Yes.  Is dressing up
As a slutty Disney princess?  Sure.  Welcome to Halloween

There is a clear line between dressing up as a fictional horror-movie character and attempting to incite controversy.

Let me help you out and put it into picture-form.  Point to the Halloween costume that is unequivocally & exponentially more offensive and inciting than the other:

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2014, 01:03:39 PM »
It's the blackface moron.

Yeah, I've boycotted Cheers forever since their star once went in costume with blackface....with Whoopi Goldberg I might add.

Went to see The Judge a few days ago, whenever Robert Downey jr. appeared on screen I turned away due to his role in blackface several years ago. 

Someone has to have standards around here.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2014, 01:08:21 PM »
It's Halloween.

No tone deafness at all.  It's unnatural carnal knowledgeing Halloween.  Not surprising the same pants pissers are fauxraged by this stuff, but hey if they were lampooning a "redneck" it would be just fine.  LOL.

Relax...it's Halloween.  Focus on outlawing tag in schools during Halloween or making sure everyone gets a ribbon

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »

I know exactly what they were named after, but some Native Americans don't want the club to keep the name and certain wearing a headdress is terrible.  No Pakuni, I know it just fine.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »

Went to see The Judge a few days ago, whenever Robert Downey jr. appeared on screen I turned away due to his role in blackface several years ago. 

Did you go with anybody famous?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
It's Halloween.

No tone deafness at all.  It's unnatural carnal knowledgeing Halloween.  Not surprising the same pants pissers are fauxraged by this stuff, but hey if they were lampooning a "redneck" it would be just fine.  LOL.

Relax...it's Halloween.  Focus on outlawing tag in schools during Halloween or making sure everyone gets a ribbon

I can think of no better example of your cluelessness here than the fact you equate lampooning a redneck to blackface.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:42 PM »
It's Halloween.

If you don't understand the difference between making fun of a "redneck" and putting on blackface, you truly are ignorant.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »
There was a poll done on this very thing....to me, Halloween is the key.

Interesting results.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2013/11/01/Americans-divided-black-face/

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

Interesting results.

Oh my god, it doesn't matter. Blackface is not f*cking okay!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2014, 03:34:55 PM »
Chicos - Just give it up... you can't go in blackface as Ray Rice, and if you can't justify it to us, you're not going to justify it to anyone else.

The good news is that you still have 3 days to come up with a new costume.  Might I suggest "Crazy Backwards Guy" a la Adam Sandler?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »

Interesting results.

Do you base all your principles on Internet polls?

The irony here is that in this thread and the nickname thread you've cited opinion polls to defend your views ... yet in another thread (the one about the Pope), you lament the possibility that the Church's stances may be evolving in part because of the opinion of its members.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
I don't know if I'm "offended" by blackface...

But, I do think it's in poor taste, and I would never recommend it to my friends.

Sort of like cargo shorts.