[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "girls night out" is sexual harassment?  (Read 24092 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: "girls night out" is sexual harassment?
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »
Any professional credits he may have had were washed away by his ham fisted handling of a personnel matter. Letting personal animosity dictate actions that impact another man's livelihood is inexcusable in any context. For a "philosopher" of all goddam people to exhibit such banal behavior undermines his credibility as a legitimate thinker.

And frankly, I question why Marquette employs a man whose intellectual investigation focuses on explicating the social relevance of 007, Xena, Marvel Comic book characters, or "Mad Men." The fact is that there is none. 007 is entertainment and cannot be compared to Hamlet. Mr. South's academic forte would seem to be mental masturbation.  

All I know is I fell asleep in most of my Philosophy classes, and I actually learned something from Dr. South's presentations. He must be doing something right.

By the way, I believe he is a bigger fan of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" than "Xena".
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »
South Park has actually become incredibly deep in writing. Those not watching due to it's origins is missing out.

I've been telling people for years that South Park draws a close parallel to British humor insomuch that as on the surface it comes across to most people as bawdy, incoherent slapstick when in fact it's quite intellectual and cannot truly be appreciated by someone who blew off the 11th grade.

But those with above average IQ's aren't what drive TV ratings and popularity today, and therein lies the true genius of South Park... it's ability to remain relevant and on-message (most of the time, anyway*) even as the pop culture bus in this country was hijacked by rednecks and the unemployed.

* HumancentiPad was a little out there, though there's good rationale for that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
I've been telling people for years that South Park draws a close parallel to British humor insomuch that as on the surface it comes across to most people as bawdy, incoherent slapstick when in fact it's quite intellectual and cannot truly be appreciated by someone who blew off the 11th grade.

But those with above average IQ's aren't what drive TV ratings and popularity today, and therein lies the true genius of South Park... it's ability to remain relevant and on-message (most of the time, anyway*) even as the pop culture bus in this country was hijacked by rednecks and the unemployed.

* HumancentiPad was a little out there, though there's good rationale for that.

Rednecks.....that's RACIST and a SLUR!!!!!

;)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2014, 02:43:38 PM »
By the way, I believe he is a bigger fan of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" than "Xena".

A '90's variation on the age old "Mary Ann vs. Ginger" theme

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

Death on call

feedback