[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 232946 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1025 on: October 24, 2022, 07:30:47 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1026 on: October 24, 2022, 07:33:32 PM »
so, the badgers women's volleyball team, whose attempts to boost their personal NIL is going badly.  they ever hear of onlyfans? 

so one of the beefs is that the pics were not supposed to be shared publicly? 

really really??  do these college age adults have any idea of how this stuff works?  ya know how the pics wouldn't have been shared?  keep your damn clothes on

this one ranks right up there with bo ryan's masseuse

Didn't you brag on here a few years ago that M, former UW volleyball player, was one of your patients? How do you think her and her family would feel knowing that their dentist made this post in a public forum?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:51:53 PM by TAMU, the Wizard of MU Basketball »
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: October 24, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »
so, the badgers women's volleyball team, whose attempts to boost their personal NIL is going badly.  they ever hear of onlyfans? 

so one of the beefs is that the pics were not supposed to be shared publicly? 

really really??  do these college age adults have any idea of how this stuff works?  ya know how the pics wouldn't have been shared?  keep your damn clothes on

this one ranks right up there with bo ryan's masseuse

Why is it not surprising at all that you’re victim blaming? Jesus.

Not to mention, “keep your damn clothes on.” They’re in a locker room. They need to stay in their uniform every second of their college career?

You’ve inhaled WAY too much laughing gas throughout your life. Terrible look.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1028 on: October 25, 2022, 06:47:24 AM »
Didn't you brag on here a few years ago that M, former UW volleyball player, was one of your patients? How do you think her and her family would feel knowing that their dentist made this post in a public forum?

i don't know what the hell this has to do with the fact that i know a player that USED to play for the badgers women's volleyball team has to do with anything except to dox me out, but you feel better now, right?  the player that i do know would not have acted out in such a manner as she was raised by a great family, a mom and a dad who are 2 of the most well respected people in our community

my point was, what the leaker of these pics did was abhorrent, no question about it.  there are going to be leakers all throughout our lives, right tamu?  however, these girls should have known better than to allow someone to take these pics of them putting themselves in compromising positions.  they've grown up in this age of social media which can be very good and unfortunately, very bad, but they know how it works

they are going to find this person(the leaker) and he/she should be held accountable.  there was no excuse for what the leaker did.  all it takes is for someone with a cruel motive to do what they did.  when someone has even the slightest vendetta, jealousy, a disagreement, differing opinions on certain things, like ohhh, political stances or something on a public forum, stuff like that.  they will look for anything they can find to distract and demean...sound familiar?

don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: October 25, 2022, 07:04:37 AM »
  i don't know what the hell this has to do with the fact that i know a player that USED to play for the badgers women's volleyball team has to do with anything except to dox me out, but you feel better now, right?  the player that i do know would not have acted out in such a manner as she was raised by a great family, a mom and a dad who are 2 of the most well respected people in our community

my point was, what the leaker of these pics did was abhorrent, no question about it.  there are going to be leakers all throughout our lives, right tamu?  however, these girls should have known better than to allow someone to take these pics of them putting themselves in compromising positions.  they've grown up in this age of social media which can be very good and unfortunately, very bad, but they know how it works

they are going to find this person(the leaker) and he/she should be held accountable.  there was no excuse for what the leaker did.  all it takes is for someone with a cruel motive to do what they did.  when someone has even the slightest vendetta, jealousy, a disagreement, differing opinions on certain things, like ohhh, political stances or something on a public forum, stuff like that.  they will look for anything they can find to distract and demean...sound familiar?

Always a victim.  So sad!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1030 on: October 25, 2022, 07:07:40 AM »
Stop digging.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: October 25, 2022, 07:09:22 AM »
Rocket, if you're determined to get a thread locked today, please move this conversation to the thread that was specifically created to discuss the leaked pics and leave the Volleyball Thread alone.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 07:20:55 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1032 on: October 25, 2022, 07:54:39 AM »

LOL. TAMU didn't dox you. He referred to something that YOU posted!

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58654.msg1126927#msg1126927

the player that i do know would not have acted out in such a manner as she was raised by a great family, a mom and a dad who are 2 of the most well respected people in our community

Again you resort to victim blaming. "Good girls like my patient would never do that. Those girls should have known better!"  (I mean, how do you know she never would have done that anyway?)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: October 25, 2022, 08:03:08 AM »
Rocket, if you're determined to get a thread locked today, please move this conversation to the thread that was specifically created to discuss the leaked pics and leave the Volleyball Thread alone.  Thanks.

With StillAWarrior here.  Sorry for responding in it. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1034 on: October 25, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »

Out of respect to StillAWarriors request, I'll respond here: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=63648.0
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: October 27, 2022, 10:25:20 AM »
went to see the women play @ DePaul yesterday. Looked like a decent MU crowd there, nobody was up for chanting we are Marquette.

Absolutely insane some of the saves, having never watched high level volleyball in person that was fun
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: October 27, 2022, 10:50:39 AM »
went to see the women play @ DePaul yesterday. Looked like a decent MU crowd there, nobody was up for chanting we are Marquette.

Absolutely insane some of the saves, having never watched high level volleyball in person that was fun

I was surprised to see that DePaul took them to five sets. I was thinking that it'd probably been a while since that happened, but I checked and saw it happened last year too. Then I saw that DePaul was 12-6 in the Big East last year (and 19-12 overall). As someone who followed Big East volleyball fairly closely for a number of years...what the hell? I was completely unaware that DePaul had such a strong season last year.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: October 27, 2022, 01:02:51 PM »
I was surprised to see that DePaul took them to five sets. I was thinking that it'd probably been a while since that happened, but I checked and saw it happened last year too. Then I saw that DePaul was 12-6 in the Big East last year (and 19-12 overall). As someone who followed Big East volleyball fairly closely for a number of years...what the hell? I was completely unaware that DePaul had such a strong season last year.
DePaul volleyball = Sleeping Giant

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: November 19, 2022, 08:17:35 PM »
No reverse sweep this time. MU absolutely rolls Creighton. Should be a top 10 team right now if they hadn’t choked the first match away.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1039 on: November 19, 2022, 08:19:16 PM »
No reverse sweep this time. MU absolutely rolls Creighton. Should be a top 10 team right now if they hadn’t choked the first match away.

They looked really good tonight and it was a great crowd at the Al.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1040 on: November 20, 2022, 09:19:18 PM »
#1 Seed Marquette plays in the semis of the BET in Omaha at 4P central on Friday and faces the winner of Wednesday's 4 - St John's-5 UCONN matchup - https://twitter.com/MarquetteVB/status/1594453475945242625?s=20&t=aoN0zhipCUfyZR_lV2Z7uA

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: November 26, 2022, 03:12:06 PM »
Here in Omaha for the Big East Championship. Hopefully the state of Wisconsin completes the sweep over Nebraska (UW beat the huskers in the B1G championship)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 03:54:51 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: November 26, 2022, 03:40:45 PM »
Here in Omaha for the Big East Championship. Hopefully the state of Wisconsin completes the sweep over Nebraska (UW beat the huskies in the B1G championship)

Enjoy! Go MU. They’ve proven to be the better team this year, but weird things usually happen with MU against Creighton, and it’s a road game.

Technically the Nebraska vs. UW match was for UW to win the B1G regular season. I don’t believe the B1G (or any of the power 5 conferences?) have a conference tournament. UW plays Ohio State tonight.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1043 on: November 26, 2022, 03:55:50 PM »
Enjoy! Go MU. They’ve proven to be the better team this year, but weird things usually happen with MU against Creighton, and it’s a road game.

Technically the Nebraska vs. UW match was for UW to win the B1G regular season. I don’t believe the B1G (or any of the power 5 conferences?) have a conference tournament. UW plays Ohio State tonight.

Didn't know that. My wife's family was acting like it was a freaking national championship yesterday (most went to UNL)
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: November 26, 2022, 04:00:52 PM »
Didn't know that. My wife's family was acting like it was a freaking national championship yesterday (most went to UNL)

Yeah Wisconsin was a game up in the B1G standings on Nebraska and Ohio State going into this weekend, and played both teams. Wisconsin beat Nebraska and Minnesota (I think) beat Ohio State, so Wisconsin clinched the B1G title outright by going 2 games up after last night’s matches. Nebraska plays MN tonight.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2022, 05:32:37 PM »
Marquette wins the first set at Creighton 25-16. Got up 8-2 and while Creighton tried to rally back, they never quite got back even. Two sets away from a Big East title and a virtual guarantee of home NCAA games this week.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2022, 06:02:14 PM »
Creighton takes set two 25-20. Best of three now.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: November 26, 2022, 06:02:59 PM »
Sitting next to Aubrey's dad. Cool guy
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1048 on: November 26, 2022, 06:31:37 PM »
Not really feeling like home team just saying they may have mixed that up
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1049 on: November 26, 2022, 06:34:09 PM »
Stumbled onto the match on FS2. MU power game seems to be np match for CU. Seems like the quick hitters are more effective.