[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 234750 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1175 on: June 03, 2023, 09:50:43 AM »
I’d be stunned if they go 6-2 with Achante. Same with Bray at outside, not enough ball control, Hamilton is iffy in serve receive as is.

Kushner at Libero isn’t my issue, I think she’ll be fine, It’s just you know what you needed this offseason, a big pin who can terminate out of system, and they just don’t have that.

Ryan's teams always start the season hot and then they get their weaknesses exposed/more predictable because of versatility due to depth and many injuries (like a few years ago with a slew of knee injuries).  I think he  will be trying to be more versatile at times like when Wolf was here and to play Bray more on the pins (like Carlson who started as a MB).

At times versus Texas, MU held its own but the Longhorn depth overwhelmed them. I am hoping S16 isn't their high water mark as a program but he has to try and change it up and build on his strengths. I know he is high on Ifill developing as well on the pin.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: June 29, 2023, 12:06:17 PM »
National semifinals to be aired on ESPN, finals on ABC.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1177 on: July 22, 2023, 10:48:36 PM »
The men’s team actually looked really good today?

Super impressive performance, especially from Jaeschke who hasn’t even been a factory for the national team as of late.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1178 on: July 22, 2023, 11:08:06 PM »
The men’s team actually looked really good today?

Super impressive performance, especially from Jaeschke who hasn’t even been a factory for the national team as of late.

He’s finally healthy. Plus with Russel injured and Sanders moving to beach it’s giving him the opportunity to play.

Heard from a *solid* source that TJ threw a hissy fit after going up 2-0 against France on Thursday because he wasn’t getting enough sets. Jaeshke should probably continue to start over TJ even when Russel is healthy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: July 22, 2023, 11:25:04 PM »
He’s finally healthy. Plus with Russel injured and Sanders moving to beach it’s giving him the opportunity to play.

Heard from a *solid* source that TJ threw a hissy fit after going up 2-0 against France on Thursday because he wasn’t getting enough sets. Jaeshke should probably continue to start over TJ even when Russel is healthy.

Yea I go back and forth with DeFalco, looked like he really turned a corner early on in the VNL, but apparently it’s the same old TJ.

He’s such a weapon in the back row though, both serving and attacking.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: August 15, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »
Marquette preseason #12

Tough non-conference too.
#2 Wisconsin
#5 Pittsburgh
#9 Oregon
#16 Purdue
#24 Western Kentucky

Go 3-2 during that stretch, split with Creighton and sweep the rest of the conference schedule, should be in line for top 16 seed

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1181 on: August 15, 2023, 10:07:10 PM »
Marquette preseason #12

#2 Wisconsin
#5 Pittsburgh
#9 Oregon
#16 Purdue
#24 Western Kentucky

Go 3-2 during that stretch, split with Creighton and sweep the rest of the conference schedule, should be in line for top 16 seed

Wow - those are some good opponents on their non-conference schedule.  Fall is really crazy for me but I am going to have to see if I can make it to a few volleyball matches.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1182 on: August 18, 2023, 08:37:44 AM »
Marquette preseason #12

#2 Wisconsin
#5 Pittsburgh
#9 Oregon
#16 Purdue
#24 Western Kentucky

Got my tickets for Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Oregon. Unbelievable home schedule!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: August 21, 2023, 10:32:50 PM »
Carsen Murray in a walking boot. Not great…

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: August 25, 2023, 10:28:33 AM »
Those are some UUUUUUUUGLY numbers in set one.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: August 25, 2023, 10:29:56 AM »
Same exact issues as last year, Hamilton is the only pin that can terminate.

Reitsma can’t get a ball to hit the floor and Foti is not a right side. This is on Theis for not getting a pin in the portal.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: August 25, 2023, 10:39:20 AM »
Same exact issues as last year, Hamilton is the only pin that can terminate.

Reitsma can’t get a ball to hit the floor and Foti is not a right side. This is on Theis for not getting a pin in the portal.

Not able to watch so not sure as I can only go off of stats, but it seems like passing might be the issue in this match so far.  5 aces for WKU through a set and a half, and only 26 total attempts in set one for Marquette.  2 total attempts out of the middle from MU through a set and a half.

MU should still win this match, but if the passing isn't there this season then they will be a big disappointment.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1187 on: August 25, 2023, 10:42:29 AM »
Kaylee Cox should be able to keep MU in the match herself.  I got season tickets to Mizzou's volleyball team last year (knowing they'd stink) because I was brand new to the city and what else was I going to do?  She was this highly touted recruit out of Texas.  Mizzou would try to hide her in serve receive but couldn't pass, would tank 3 straight balls into the bottom of the net, and then would get one big kill and act like she just won a national title.  Give up 3, get 1.  Hate those types of players.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: August 25, 2023, 11:02:53 AM »
Down 0-1 in sets and 22-24 in set 2, coming back to win 26-24 is big time.  Turns out when you don't hit negative you give yourself a chance to win the set.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1189 on: August 25, 2023, 11:45:23 AM »
Theis has earned the benefit of the doubt, but if Foti is truly the best option at right side, than Theis has either failed in recruiting, or is so incredibly stubborn. Either isn’t a good look.

Western Kentucky’s outsides have almost 60 attacks through 3 sets and she doesn’t have a single block as the primary oppo.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: August 25, 2023, 12:09:07 PM »
Completely embarrassing. There is zero reason to lose that match when you return your entire team.

Foti is a total liability.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: August 25, 2023, 04:33:31 PM »
And got demolished in their first set to Drake. Kushner to the bench already.

Gonna be a looong season. Feels like they read too many of their own press clippings.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: August 26, 2023, 02:29:12 PM »
WKU got absolutely SMOKED by Dayton last night. Yikes.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: August 26, 2023, 03:46:19 PM »
WKU got absolutely SMOKED by Dayton last night. Yikes.

Maybe bringing in an outside hitter from a mid major to play Libero on a team with Elite 8 aspirations as your only addition wasn’t the best of ideas.

Weird

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1194 on: August 26, 2023, 05:30:55 PM »
Serve receive is not good and the block is non-existent

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: August 26, 2023, 07:32:50 PM »
Foti is a complete liability in the front row. There is just no way to sugar coat it.

The fact that Theis continues to plays her while she gets abused by a 5’8” OH and hits negative is mind blowing.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1196 on: August 26, 2023, 07:46:06 PM »
I don’t know what the hell happened between last season and this season, but they look god awful.

Like, they don’t even look like a tournament team awful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: August 31, 2023, 12:49:08 PM »
Volleyball is different in Nebraska. I wonder what the gate and concessions were for that match...I'd imagine it was more than the annual budget for a lot of programs.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #1198 on: August 31, 2023, 08:18:52 PM »
Volleyball is different in Nebraska. I wonder what the gate and concessions were for that match...I'd imagine it was more than the annual budget for a lot of programs.

That's pretty awesome. Tickets were $25 each. Pretty sure NU volleyball is the only profitable women's team in the NCAA.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1199 on: September 01, 2023, 03:29:44 PM »
Well that's more like it in the first set.