[Today at 10:52:12 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 10:42:19 AM]

NIL Future by Hards Alumni
[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by tower912
[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 234812 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1150 on: December 19, 2022, 03:12:27 PM »
Lol, someone got some bad info. Now he could be gone in 2 years but still kinda funny.

Or he used it to leverage Marquette, which good, pay the man.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 03:16:45 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1151 on: December 19, 2022, 03:27:40 PM »
Gonna guess he’s probably the second highest paid person on campus if he wasn’t already.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: December 19, 2022, 03:35:08 PM »
Gonna guess he’s probably the second highest paid person on campus if he wasn’t already.

Duffy makes over $600k as Women’s Hoops head coach.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: December 19, 2022, 03:36:02 PM »
Duffy makes over $600k as Women’s Hoops head coach.

AAV or total contract? Gotta imagine Theis would eclipse that if that’s the total number
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 03:37:42 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1154 on: December 19, 2022, 03:37:32 PM »

I doubt he is making more than Mike Lovell, who is near $1 million a year.  Plus Scholl and a few VPs are in the mid six figures.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1156 on: December 19, 2022, 03:40:50 PM »
AAV or total contract? Gotta imagine Theis would eclipse that if that’s the total number

Per year. Duffy makes has been making north of $600k per year.

I would be surprised if he was making more than $600k per year. But good for him his new contract secures that.

The previous Women’s head basketball coach was making $485k per year when she left.

I kept it to coaches assuming you meant coaches. Lovell makes close to 7 figures. Scholl around $500k a year etc…..Joel is close to that etc…

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: December 19, 2022, 03:47:03 PM »

I would be surprised if he was making more than $600k per year. But good for him his new contract secures that.

The previous Women’s head basketball coach was making $485k per year when she left.

I kept it to coaches assuming you meant coaches. Lovell makes close to 7 figures. Scholl around $500k a year etc…..Joel is close to that etc…

I didn’t realize Duffy made that much, I would imagine he’s probably looking at 400k a year, in line with a middle of the pack Big Ten coach.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: December 19, 2022, 03:50:29 PM »

Isn't that the amount Keiger left us to make at Penn St? Odd that we wouldn't negotiate with a highly successful alum just to pay a highly successful new coach the same.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: December 19, 2022, 03:51:35 PM »
I didn’t realize Duffy made that much, I would imagine he’s probably looking at 400k a year, in line with a middle of the pack Big Ten coach.

Yeah I’d think even that is on the high end. Hugh’s base contract was $250K at Minnesota and he was a gold medal Olympic coach at a top 3 Big Ten job. I think after incentives he was at around $500K.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1160 on: December 19, 2022, 04:41:56 PM »
Isn't that the amount Keiger left us to make at Penn St? Odd that we wouldn't negotiate with a highly successful alum just to pay a highly successful new coach the same.

Keiger's successor at PSU made around $800K I believe, so I'm pretty sure she's making substantially more than $600K.  $600K is pretty close to the lowest salary of all WBB coaches in the B10.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: December 19, 2022, 05:25:08 PM »
Keiger's successor at PSU made around $800K I believe, so I'm pretty sure she's making substantially more than $600K.  $600K is pretty close to the lowest salary of all WBB coaches in the B10.
Did Keiger leave PSU?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: December 19, 2022, 05:41:53 PM »
Did Keiger leave PSU?

He meant predecessor. And that coach Coquese Washington, is currently the head coach at Rutgers after making a brief stop as a Notre Dame assistant with Niele Ivey. (She was also an assistant there when Niele played and she also played there)

Washington’s Rutgers deal is $725k base per season for six seasons. It goes up $25k per year. Bonuses can get up to an additional few hundred thousand if reached.

This is less than what Stringer was making there. But it’s roughly similar to what some others have been making in their league.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 05:44:59 PM by shoothoops »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: December 20, 2022, 08:45:39 AM »
Wades, think Jade Demps may be an option?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: December 20, 2022, 12:46:57 PM »
Wades, think Jade Demps may be an option?

To be honest I don’t follow recruiting much. But if she’s in the portal and wants to play at MU I’d definitely take her. Has the size and athleticism to help on the pins. Gets better setting at MU than UW. She’s from Raleigh though, so I could see her maybe wanting to be closer to home and be the go to pin on UNC/Duke/NCState/Wake. No clue though.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: December 20, 2022, 12:57:59 PM »
I’d get the money men who paid Wojo to go away to pay the Ohio State outsides to come in. Wonder what’s going on with that program. Both OHs and S in the portal after an Elite 8 run.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: December 23, 2022, 11:44:04 AM »
Anders Nelson will be the new and first Women’s Volleyball coach since 1980 at Vanderbilt. Vandy recently added Volleyball again as a varsity sport.

He is originally from St. Croix Falls, WI. The 6’9 Nelson played at Ball State.

Anders was an 11 year assistant at Kentucky. 6 SEC Titles. 2020 NCAA National Title. Top 10 recruiting class 5 times in past 7 years while he has been associate head coach.

They are set to begin play in 2025.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: January 23, 2023, 12:26:56 PM »
In a move that reminds me of Jerry Tarkanian's famous quote ("“The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation.”), Georgetown's athletics department accepted David Heller's resignation. Wow...they must be pissed at Ewing.

While my interest in Georgetown volleyball is much lower than in the past, I would like to see them do well. I'd like to see them make a good hire. I'd be shocked, but I'd like to see it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: February 15, 2023, 10:01:03 AM »
While my interest in Georgetown volleyball is much lower than in the past, I would like to see them do well. I'd like to see them make a good hire. I'd be shocked, but I'd like to see it.

Georgetown hired a new volleyball coach - AJ Bonetti. I can't say that I'm familiar with him, but he's got a relatively good resume for a Georgetown hire. He's been an Assistant at Maryland for five years and was an Assistant at Tennessee for a couple years before that (as well as a Grad/Volunteer stint at George Washington). It seems he's had some success developing middles. All in all, it seems like this could be a pretty good hire for the Hoyas. Time will tell.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: February 15, 2023, 10:05:36 AM »
Has Marquette mentioned anything about their 2023 recruits yet?

All I’ve seen is that libero, and that’s certainly not enough for a recruiting class.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: February 24, 2023, 04:09:41 PM »
Nebraska volleyball is playing Nebraska Omaha in Nebraska's football stadium in August.  We'll see how that goes.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1171 on: May 10, 2023, 09:35:25 PM »
Pretty dang strong non-con schedule for MU. Should be able to check them out against Pitt and Kansas in Lawrence.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: June 01, 2023, 11:50:27 PM »
Kushner listed as a Libero on the roster is pretty telling.

Very frustrating offseason, you have a top 5 setter in the nation, a coach with a brand new contract and can’t get one pin to tag on for a special year.

Ceiling is a s16. Can’t continue to roll our out Foti and Reitsma on the pins and compete for a final four.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2023, 02:57:34 PM »
Kushner listed as a Libero on the roster is pretty telling.

Very frustrating offseason, you have a top 5 setter in the nation, a coach with a brand new contract and can’t get one pin to tag on for a special year.

Ceiling is a s16. Can’t continue to roll our out Foti and Reitsma on the pins and compete for a final four.

Euro trip starting. Foti listed as (back to) setter so expect some 6-2 which Ryan has played often in the past. Daugherty off red shirt at MB and maybe Bray to OH is in the works? Deep team with versatility but Libero a question mark to me.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: June 02, 2023, 04:09:45 PM »
Euro trip starting. Foti listed as (back to) setter so expect some 6-2 which Ryan has played often in the past. Daugherty off red shirt at MB and maybe Bray to OH is in the works? Deep team with versatility but Libero a question mark to me.

I’d be stunned if they go 6-2 with Achante. Same with Bray at outside, not enough ball control, Hamilton is iffy in serve receive as is.

Kushner at Libero isn’t my issue, I think she’ll be fine, It’s just you know what you needed this offseason, a big pin who can terminate out of system, and they just don’t have that.

feedback