collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Butler Love  (Read 10238 times)

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
Butler Love
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »
Jimmy Butler will join Derek Rose and Luol Deng in a sort of three guard offense this season. Switchables you might say.

Nice to see our man get credit for all the work he puts in:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-09-29/sports/ct-spt-0929-bits-bulls-chicago-20130929_1_tom-thibodeau-derrick-rose-bulls

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/444/article/p2p-77639792/

I know it's wise to temper Bulls fandom on this board but they're going to be awfully fun to watch.

The Lens

• All American
Re: Butler Love
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »
How anyone can cheer against this Bulls team is beyond me.  And I'm a Bucks fan. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Jimmy Butler will be in the top 5 in minutes played this season.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
How anyone can cheer against this Bulls team is beyond me.  And I'm a Bucks fan. 

Nope, screw the Bulls.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »

When you're campus is full of people telling you how great Chicago is it's really easy.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:28:46 AM »
Heh.  I thought this was going to be a thread about the Bulldogs.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
When you're campus is full of people telling you how great Chicago is it's really easy.

Who else you going to cheer for, the Heat?  No thanks.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 09:42:39 AM »
Nope, screw the Bulls.

Can you elaborate on your reasons for hating on the bulls? I'm a Bulls fan and other than Joakim Noah, I can't really see much to hate about them.  They are the first team I mention when I hear the argument, "No one plays defense in the NBA!" Also, Rose, Deng and Butler are as classy as they come. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
Cuz they are from Chicago.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »
For a trio of Rose, Butler and Deng to be effective on the offensive ends, Jimmy will have to have improved his 3 percentage. let's hope.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
Heh.  I thought this was going to be a thread about the Bulldogs.

I was hoping that Butler Love was a new big man recruit.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 09:56:12 AM »
I think it has a lot to do with fact that I would rather watch Valpo take on Northern Illinois that sit through an entire NBA game.  The NBA playoffs starting at the conference finals are worth watching.  Before that, no thanks...
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:55 AM »
Nope, screw the Bulls.
Agreed.

Go Bucks, Go LeBron

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
Oh look, another Chicago Bulls circlejerk.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »
Who else you going to cheer for, the Heat?  No thanks.

Til the day I die...or Wade retires. But I do pull for Chicago now that Butler is there. But Wade will always be my favorite player
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
Can you elaborate on your reasons for hating on the bulls? I'm a Bulls fan and other than Joakim Noah, I can't really see much to hate about them.  They are the first team I mention when I hear the argument, "No one plays defense in the NBA!" Also, Rose, Deng and Butler are as classy as they come. 

For the exact reason I will never cheer for the Chicago Bears.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
And this is the reason Chicagoans cant stand Wisconsinites. You have this inferiority complex that you have a blind hatred for Chicago.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
Tell me when the Chicago press starts referring him by his real superhero Scoop name and then I will care:  Jimmy F. Butler.  Dude has hasn't come out of a game in like a season.  Man of Steel.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »
And this is the reason Chicagoans cant stand Wisconsinites. You have this inferiority complex that you have a blind hatred for Chicago.

Nailed it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 12:05:53 PM »

No, this is something that is made up by people from Chicago.  Its actually really sad.  They think we have this complex but really it is called a sports rivalry. 

I won't cheer for the Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Sox, or Hawks.  Just like I won't cheer for the Vikings, T-Wolves, Twins or Wild.

It has nothing to do with the city, which I happen to love visiting.  For some reason Chicago sports fans can't understand this.  At least the Minnesota fans get it.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »
No, this is something that is made up by people from Chicago.  Its actually really sad.  They think we have this complex but really it is called a sports rivalry. 

I won't cheer for the Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Sox, or Hawks.  Just like I won't cheer for the Vikings, T-Wolves, Twins or Wild.

It has nothing to do with the city, which I happen to love visiting.  For some reason Chicago sports fans can't understand this.  At least the Minnesota fans get it.

If you won't cheer for certain team simply because of the state they're from, that seems to indicate that it's more than just a "sports rivalry."

For instance, why would you cheer against the Blackhawks and Wild when you have no "hometown" NHL rival to cheer for? Also, I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention to the heated Bucks-Twolves rivalry.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
I'm as big a James F. Butler fan as there is, but I will never root for the Bulls because their fans are intolerable.  

I hate how they treated Wade (really wanted to sign him, didn't sign him, got butt hurt, then act super-critical of him).  I didn't like how they treated D. Rose this past year (shouldn't need an explanation).  Deng was almost dying last year and felt the need to defend himself because he was being attacked for not being tough.    

J. Noah is one of the most annoying players in the league, Rose has no personality, Deng is fine, Nate Robinson seems like a punk (and he has beef with Steve Novak) . . . . and they play a lot of ugly low-scoring games (because of great D by a great coach).  

Why would someone not from Chicago like this team?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

Yeah New Yorkers have an inferiority complex when it comes to their "blind" hatred of Boston sports teams too.

:D

This mindset is exactly why FIBs are called FIBs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback