[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199901 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2016, 08:45:18 PM »
It's impossible for Jon to be the mad king's son right? Like this isn't going to be a "gotcha" moment next season...
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2016, 08:19:49 AM »
When they reigned, Targaryens were legally allowed to 1) intermarry, and 2) take two wives (though the Faith pressured them into avoiding it).  So #1 is possible, and #2 explains how Jon could be true born and not just Rhaegar's bastard instead of Ned's.

Anyone know if George RRRRRR Martin had any siblings or hot cousins or something?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2016, 08:24:42 AM »

Anyone know if George RRRRRR Martin had any siblings or hot cousins or something?

:o
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »
It's almost here people!
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »
Let the bloodletting begin!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #355 on: July 10, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
I just finished rewatching season 6.  Very glad I did because I forgot many of the small things.  If you don't have the time for it I recommend watching recap videos on YouTube.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »
It's almost here people!

You talkin' about the show ... or about winter?!?!?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2017, 08:43:36 PM »
You talkin' about the show ... or about winter?!?!?

I applaud you sir
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #359 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:26 PM »
It's impossible for Jon to be the mad king's son right? Like this isn't going to be a "gotcha" moment next season...

I realize this is ancient, but Jon is the Mad King's grandson, and nephew to Dany. 

As for the rest of this thread. Can't wait til Sunday.  Been discussing random GOT theories with coworkers for the last month.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #360 on: July 11, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »
I realize this is ancient, but Jon is the Mad King's grandson, and nephew to Dany. 

As for the rest of this thread. Can't wait til Sunday.  Been discussing random GOT theories with coworkers for the last month.

I figured as much, I just had read some weird fan idea and wanted someone to confirm it was a stupid theory.
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:57 PM »
A girl takes her revenge.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2017, 09:08:16 PM »
A girl takes her revenge.

The perfect beginning to the season

Also,  so much diarrhea
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2017, 10:39:08 PM »

Also,  so much diarrhea

I noticed that there wasn't much difference between what was going in and what was coming out.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #364 on: July 17, 2017, 07:26:00 AM »
The perfect beginning to the season

Also,  so much diarrhea

I get that that storyline is fairly important but man is it boring. I wish he could just fast forward a season like bran and his training so we don't need to hear from him for ages
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #365 on: July 17, 2017, 08:33:54 AM »
Fun, enjoyable season opener.

A few observations ...

I'm really getting a kick out of Lyanna Mormont. What a brassy little girl - reminds me of my daughter at that age!

As Arya approaches those singing men in the forest, I'm thinking: "Man, that guy has a great voice!" And then - boom! - it's Ed Sheeran!

I couldn't believe Sansa argued so vociferously with Jon in front of everybody. Jon's reaction was perfect, including his private conversation later.

Arya, Sansa, Lyanna, Cersei, Daenerys, Yara, Brienne ... that's one bad-ass group of ladies, as strong a group as has ever been on TV, IMHO.

Looks like Sam and the Hound will have expanded roles this season.

Not enough Tyrion, especially after he was featured so prominently in "previously on." I'd have rather seen a lot more Tyrion and a lot less diarrhea!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #366 on: July 17, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »
The diarrhea bit was as close to comedy as GoT has come.  Predictable, trite story arc there.   The hound seeing visions in the fire was a surprise.   

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #367 on: July 17, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »
Fun, enjoyable season opener.

A few observations ...

I'm really getting a kick out of Lyanna Mormont. What a brassy little girl - reminds me of my daughter at that age!

As Arya approaches those singing men in the forest, I'm thinking: "Man, that guy has a great voice!" And then - boom! - it's Ed Sheeran!

I couldn't believe Sansa argued so vociferously with Jon in front of everybody. Jon's reaction was perfect, including his private conversation later.

Arya, Sansa, Lyanna, Cersei, Daenerys, Yara, Brienne ... that's one bad-ass group of ladies, as strong a group as has ever been on TV, IMHO.

Looks like Sam and the Hound will have expanded roles this season.

Not enough Tyrion, especially after he was featured so prominently in "previously on." I'd have rather seen a lot more Tyrion and a lot less diarrhea!!!

I completely agreed with the content of Sansa's argument though

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #368 on: July 17, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
I'm hoping Littlefinger is unable to turn Sansa and Jon against each other.  It seems too obvious so I hope they don't go in that direction. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #369 on: July 17, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
I'm hoping Littlefinger is unable to turn Sansa and Jon against each other.  It seems too obvious so I hope they don't go in that direction.

Little Finger seems to have a long way to go to gain Sansa's confidence and trust. He helped them win the war and yet she's still frosty to him.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #370 on: July 17, 2017, 06:57:15 PM »
Great episode all around. The opening was brilliant and I love that they're paying it off from three seasons ago. Amazing that this is the same little Arya that was chasing cats in the castle.

I also hope Sam takes a backseat this season. It was somewhat amusing, but probably could've been accomplished in half the time.

Figure Euron is going straight after Tyrion. Part of me was waiting to see his ships in the background as Dany and Tyrion settled into Dragonstone.

Be interested to see if the surviving Stark children ever all come together. A bit surprising the remaining kids have survived this long.

Also amazing Cersei has survived. Sansa made a good point about how everyone who has ever come after her has died. Who would have pegged her lasting this long and sitting on the Iron Throne? Yet The North Remembers...

Other than the intro, mostly just setup, but a great episode in that they really gave a nice precursor to the season to come. Lots to be excited about.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #371 on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:07 PM »
Great episode all around. The opening was brilliant and I love that they're paying it off from three seasons ago. Amazing that this is the same little Arya that was chasing cats in the castle.

I also hope Sam takes a backseat this season. It was somewhat amusing, but probably could've been accomplished in half the time.

Figure Euron is going straight after Tyrion. Part of me was waiting to see his ships in the background as Dany and Tyrion settled into Dragonstone.

Be interested to see if the surviving Stark children ever all come together. A bit surprising the remaining kids have survived this long.

Also amazing Cersei has survived. Sansa made a good point about how everyone who has ever come after her has died. Who would have pegged her lasting this long and sitting on the Iron Throne? Yet The North Remembers...

Other than the intro, mostly just setup, but a great episode in that they really gave a nice precursor to the season to come. Lots to be excited about.

Yeah, between the shuffling of books and the cleaning of crap, Sam was on screen way too much and doing way too little. I actually like the Sam character, but we could have gotten the gist in about 4 minutes.

How many episodes will this season have? Is it going to be one of those deals like the Sopranos' "final" season, where they split it?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #372 on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »
Yeah, between the shuffling of books and the cleaning of crap, Sam was on screen way too much and doing way too little. I actually like the Sam character, but we could have gotten the gist in about 4 minutes.

How many episodes will this season have? Is it going to be one of those deals like the Sopranos' "final" season, where they split it?

Only 7 episodes, unfortunately.  The finale is supposedly 80 minutes.

And 6 episodes for season 8, but I've read that the episodes could be 80 minutes long.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #373 on: July 17, 2017, 10:53:14 PM »
Only 7 episodes, unfortunately.  The finale is supposedly 80 minutes.

And 6 episodes for season 8, but I've read that the episodes could be 80 minutes long.

Thanks. I wish they would just do it in one 13-episode season, but I guess I understand why they don't.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #374 on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:40 PM »
Thanks. I wish they would just do it in one 13-episode season, but I guess I understand why they don't.

It's going to royally suck having to wait a year for the last episodes.