[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199819 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #750 on: April 15, 2019, 02:18:01 PM »

SNL - HBO's new Game of Thrones spin-off shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8EF3X8EI2o

MU82

• All American
« Reply #751 on: April 15, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
One comment I'll make about the Arya thing w/ her weapon.  I hope this isn't too spoilery (I dont' think it is because this is just rehashing old info), but remember all the prophecies about the prince that was promised, azhor Azai and the flaming sword and all that jazz.  This fancy weapon really doesn't fit the bill and as awesome of a character Arya is, she doesn't have that prophecy fulfilling feel to her.   

That being said, I think that foreshadows her being the one to take down the ice dragon so that Jon or whoever can ultimately take out the Night King.

That would be cool.

Arya is one of my favorite bad-arses in TV history. Also, I chuckled as she flirted with Gendry.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #752 on: April 21, 2019, 05:59:26 PM »
Watched the episode early via a European leak on amazon.

Definitely was uncomfortable watching a certain scene when I was watching season 1, with everyone a lot younger just the other day...
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #753 on: April 21, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »
No context summary

Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #754 on: April 21, 2019, 09:38:25 PM »
No context summary

Great summary. Cracked me up.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
No context summary

Brilliant!!

Really liked this episode. Great cinematography, great scenes, strong dialogue.

And so it begins. Winter is most definitely here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #756 on: April 21, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »
Brilliant!!

Really liked this episode. Great cinematography, great scenes, strong dialogue.

And so it begins. Winter is most definitely here.

A lot of important "feelings" told in this episode. Absolutely the calm before the storm.

Rough episode for Dany. Neither of her emotional encounters -- with Sansa and Jon -- ended the way she had hoped.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #757 on: April 21, 2019, 10:19:37 PM »
Just guessing on some deaths here.

Theon full circle.  He dies protecting Bram.
Brianne knighted, everyone happy.  She dies.
A lot of Jaime tonight, telling stories, songs.  He dies.
A lot of Sam tonight.  He dies.
Grey Worm saying goodbye.  He dies. 

No Cersei tonight, probably not next week, so maybe not too many perish.  Have to take her on next and finish up.

Too much emphasis on Arya’s weapon to not be a factor.  Knight King in trouble?  My son said she will take on Bram as faceless person, but she has to kill the person to take his face, right?  Maybe she becomes a person of the dead faceless, surprising the king. But she is killing someone with that thing. 

Jon knodding to Dany at end was neat, like ok, let’s go get the dragons. 

Not exciting, but there was some serious acting going on tonight. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #758 on: April 22, 2019, 04:50:39 AM »
Just guessing on some deaths here.

Theon full circle.  He dies protecting Bram.
Brianne knighted, everyone happy.  She dies.
A lot of Jaime tonight, telling stories, songs.  He dies.
A lot of Sam tonight.  He dies.
Grey Worm saying goodbye.  He dies. 

I'll add Berrick, Edd, Podrick and Tormund to that list of expected deaths. I think one of Jamie or Brianne make it out personally. Lyanna Mormont will die and it'll force Jorah to be unexiled and take up his family seat again.  Unsure about Davos but think he's destined to somehow continue to survive.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #759 on: April 22, 2019, 07:42:21 AM »
I love all the theories. You guys sure think a lot about this stuff!

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #760 on: April 22, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2019, 08:21:16 AM »
Well done!

Wish I could take credit but reposted it from a game of thrones meme thread on reddit.

Maigh Eo for Sam

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2019, 09:31:36 AM »
Sorry at the length of this... I just want to make my new prediction internet permanent so I can go back after the show and brag about how right I was (or hide the thread forever if I'm totally off base).

First, my thoughts on the episode though.

I don’t think any of this is spoilery, but don’t read if you’re extremely cautious.

As much as episode one was a reset for the season and putting the pieces in place, this one was all about connecting people who’ve long been due to connect, closure, and starting to wrap up old storylines.  Arya/Gendry, the Mormonts, Ghost showing up again (barely), Theon/Sansa, Bran/Jamie, Arya/Hound, Brienne, Podrick becoming quite the figher to name a few.  Not to mention beginning to address Jon’s parentage.   

Overall, it really was a great “calm before the storm” feeling to the entire episode.  They really all gave that sense of finality, that everyone expects to die.  I liked the little light hearted moment when Tyrion said he thought he was going to live and they all chuckled.  It was fun in the moment and after a sense of palpable dread feeling the whole time it gave me a shot of hope that some of them really will.   

I still do not think Arya kills the Night King, but she is for sure going to do something very badass.  I also think she dies a horrible death too but she’s going to be badass about her death too and welcome it like an old friend.

Also, does anyone else think the plan is kinda weak?  Theon and his men are all that’s going to stand in the way?   I think not.  There will be more to that part.   Perhaps this is where Arya will shine. 

Even deeper spoilery stuff below.  This are just my own guesses, but has minor spoilers from last nights episode:

Final rough guess at what happens… 

Big battle obviously will happen.  Theon and his men are no match for Night King a few of the others and maybe a small group of undead coming for Bran.  Arya comes in as a badass killing a bunch of the others.

Arya kills the ice dragon.   Night King kills her.

Someone with a Valyrian Steel sword tries attacking the Night King, perhaps Jorah w/ Heartsbane (I guess this because they really focused on the sword when Sam gave it to him) in order to save Daenarys that is hurt after a dragon fight between her/Drogon vs Night King/Ice Dragon.  Jorah dies, the sword is taken by the Night King and kills Daenarys with it through the heart.  Danny’s soul or whatever is imbued onto the sword when Jon pulls it out of her.

Jon kills the Night King with the nValyrian steel sword.   This would fulfill several prophesies and connects a lot of clues such as Rhaegars son being the Prince that was Promised, the flaming sword of Azhor Azai (that was thrust through his wife’s heart), and the Last Hero (who was the original leader and founder of the Nights watch).   All three of those I think are the same person written about in different histories across the world.  Jon is the only one that fits the bill for all of them.

After that Jon wraps up taking the iron throne.  Jamie, who sees his true love die (Brienne, not Cercei!) will be the one to kill his sister.  Aegon Targaryen takes the throne.   Perhaps a dragon survives, but probably not… Dragons and the Night king are forever gone from the world and a new age is born.

The only problem with this is that because of prophecies from the warlocks in Quarth and other stuff, I always thought Daenarys would take the throne.  Perhaps she does indeed live and her and Jon rule together?   Seems not to be Martin's style.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:35:51 AM by UWW2MU »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2019, 09:57:22 AM »
Sorry at the length of this... I just want to make my new prediction internet permanent so I can go back after the show and brag about how right I was (or hide the thread forever if I'm totally off base).

I don’t think any of this is spoilery, but don’t read if you’re extremely cautious.

As much as episode one was a reset for the season and putting the pieces in place, this one was all about connecting people who’ve long been due to connect, closure, and starting to wrap up old storylines.  Arya/Gendry, the Mormonts, Ghost showing up again (barely), Theon/Sansa, Bran/Jamie, Arya/Hound, Brienne, Podrick becoming quite the figher to name a few.  Not to mention beginning to address Jon’s parentage.   

Overall, it really was a great “calm before the storm” feeling to the entire episode.  They really all gave that sense of finality, that everyone expects to die.  I liked the little light hearted moment when Tyrion said he thought he was going to live and they all chuckled.  It was fun in the moment and after a sense of palpable dread feeling the whole time it gave me a shot of hope that some of them really will.   

I still do not think Arya kills the Night King, but she is for sure going to do something very badass.  I also think she dies a horrible death too but she’s going to be badass about her death too and welcome it like an old friend.

Also, does anyone else think the plan is kinda weak?  Theon and his men are all that’s going to stand in the way?   I think not.  There will be more to that part.   Perhaps this is where Arya will shine. 

Even deeper spoilery stuff below.  This are just my own guesses, but has minor spoilers from last nights episode:

Big battle obviously will happen.  Theon and his men are no match for Night King a few of the others and maybe a small group of undead coming for Bran.  Arya comes in as a badass killing a bunch of the others.

Someone with a Valyrian Steel sword tries attacking the Night King, perhaps Jorah w/ Heartsbane (I guess this because they really focused on the sword when Sam gave it to him) in order to save Daenarys that is hurt after a dragon fight between her/Drogon vs Night King/Ice Dragon.  Jorah dies, the sword is taken by the Night King and kills Daenarys with it through the heart.  Danny’s soul or whatever is imbued onto the sword when Jon pulls it out of her.

Jon kills the Night King with the nValyrian steel sword.   This would fulfill several prophesies and connects a lot of clues such as Rhaegars son being the Prince that was Promised, the flaming sword of Azhor Azai (that was thrust through his wife’s heart), and the Last Hero (who was the original leader and founder of the Nights watch).   All three of those I think are the same person written about in different histories across the world.  Jon is the only one that fits the bill for all of them.

After that Jon wraps up taking the iron throne.  Jamie, who sees his true love die (Brienne, not Cercei!) will be the one to kill his sister.  Aegon Targaryen takes the throne.   Perhaps a dragon survives, but probably not… Dragons and the Night king are forever gone from the world and a new age is born.

The only problem with this is that because of prophecies from the warlocks in Quarth and other stuff, I always thought Daenarys would take the throne.  Perhaps she does indeed live and her and Jon rule together?   Seems not to be Martin's style.

I like this but adding that Beric will give his life to resurrect one of Jon, Danny, Bran. Maybe someone else but I'd bet one of them for sure.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »

Night King isn't in Winterfell.  He rode the ice dragon south to King's Landing to create a second army.  GRRM loves the LOTR series, and my guess is that the dead Starks in the Winterfell crypt have a large part to play in episode 3...  You know, the dead coming back to life to save the day... but GRRM is a tad different... they may not save the day, but may indeed make it much much worse for the living.  Life wins the Battle of Winterfell with most of the main characters surviving... only to find out that there is a new army marching North from KL to engage the worn out and much smaller remnants of the Army of Life.  Massive bloodbath ensues.  Two living dragons fighting the undead dragon... Samwell Tarley is revealed to be The Prince That Was Promised, and is forced to stab Gilly in the stomach using Heartsbane.  Thus, he will fulfill the prophecy and become Azor Ahai and forge Lightbringer and push back the Others.  Bran will likely agree to go North with the Night's King... who we will find out isn't just some mindless monster bent on destruction of the living.  Additionally, there is a theory floating out there that Samwell was switched at birth with Dany's baby brother Aegon Targaryen, and that Randyll Tarley's first born was actually the one murdered by the hound.  So, this means that Sam is a secret Targaryen and Dany's true brother... Though I'm not sure this makes a ton of sense for the show since Sam most certainly bares zero resemblance to the known Targaryens.

There are a ton of parallels and cyclical history being shown in the last two episodes.  Gendry and Arya are essentially Robert Baratheon and Lyanna Stark.  Which also leads me to the point that Gendry will become the leader of House Baratheon when the fight is over... Just like the bastard Orys Baratheon became the first of house Baratheon after Aegon's Conquest and the destruction of house Durrandon.  Brienne was knighted as a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, just like her probably ancestor Ser Duncan the Tall of the Dunk and Egg novellas.  There are more parallels, but I can't remember them off the top of my head at the moment.

Just some tinfoily stuff.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2019, 11:07:08 AM »
To me there's still two or three maybe even four armies out there to capture Kings landing.

Main Greyjoy army
Tully army
Melisandre and her massive group
Howland Reed's army.

The last one may not come into play but I think he does because Danny said nobody around can vouch for Jon's lineage and she's wrong.

If the living prevail I expect those armies to be the next round of reinforcements to beat Cersei
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 12:58:40 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:19 AM »
Night King isn't in Winterfell.  He rode the ice dragon south to King's Landing to create a second army.  GRRM loves the LOTR series, and my guess is that the dead Starks in the Winterfell crypt have a large part to play in episode 3...  You know, the dead coming back to life to save the day... but GRRM is a tad different... they may not save the day, but may indeed make it much much worse for the living.

Yup there is going to be a lot to this - the books have a lot more weird middle ground between living and dead (but not Wights) that the series hints at but never really explores. Benjen Stark's half-dead ass riding around the North is a good example. In the books, Catelyn Stark is also in an undead limbo, but definitely not an evil, Wight sort of undead. 

Bran will likely agree to go North with the Night's King... who we will find out isn't just some mindless monster bent on destruction of the living. 

100x (hopefully) this. I mentioned it after last week's episode, but I think there is going to be a lot more to the Wights than just mindless undead zombies with completely unambiguous motivations. Their origin story as created by the Children, their ability to have negotiated with Craster, the spiral as sort of a house sigil - I think that they will seem a little more "human" by the end of the season.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2019, 12:34:31 PM »
To me there's still two or three maybe even four armies out there to capture Kings landing.

Main Greyjoy army
Fully army
Melisandre and her massive group
Howland Reed's army.

The last one may not come into play but I think he does because Danny said nobody around can vouch for Jon's lineage and she's wrong.

If the living prevail I expect those armies to be the next round of reinforcements to beat Cersei

I forgot all about Melisandre!    She's going to come into play obviously, I just don't know how.

I've discounted an older Howland Reed showing up.  For awhile I thought he'd come out to prove Jon is who is he, but the way Jon and Daenarys left it this week with "I know it to be true" made me feel like that wasn't going to happen.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
I forgot all about Melisandre!    She's going to come into play obviously, I just don't know how.

I've discounted an older Howland Reed showing up.  For awhile I thought he'd come out to prove Jon is who is he, but the way Jon and Daenarys left it this week with "I know it to be true" made me feel like that wasn't going to happen.

Well isn't there supposedly some army in Volantis of Lord of Light worshippers? My thought was they'd be brought back with her, or at least the other two red priestesses.

Fair point about Howland Reed, I haven't given up hope he comes in but in the least I hope it's more than just "I know it to be true" and that Bran at least has a one liner to prove to Danny that he sees this stuff for real.
Maigh Eo for Sam

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2019, 01:05:59 PM »

Definitely was uncomfortable watching a certain scene when I was watching season 1, with everyone a lot younger just the other day...

Im doing the same thing. My feelings were confusing.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/04/22/game-of-thrones-fans-google-arya-stark-maisie-williams-age/
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #771 on: April 22, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »
If people were uncomfortable with that, it seems at least we've made progress from the bad old internet days when there was a count down clock to when the Olsen twins turned 18.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #772 on: April 22, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
One other question, as a non-watcher but a very aware pop culture person.....I know Maise Williams is 22, but what age is her character supposed to be? That makes a big difference to me whether someone should freak out or not.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #773 on: April 22, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »
One other question, as a non-watcher but a very aware pop culture person.....I know Maise Williams is 22, but what age is her character supposed to be? That makes a big difference to me whether someone should freak out or not.

It isn't exactly clear. I don't think 22, but late teens-ish? They never outright say.

I was wierded out by it. I actually had to go look up her age. I would have thought she was 16 or 17.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #774 on: April 22, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
Meh, a strong female character decided she wasn't going to die a virgin.   Over thinking this.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:08:26 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.