Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Larry Williams  (Read 15752 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Larry Williams
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 07:01:05 AM »
When is he gonna address the witch hunts going on in the student section?  It's a little ridiculous that the BC ushers are carding everyone who are given a beer.

BC ushers don't work for the Marquette athletic department, and the BC has multiple fiduciary interests in preventing underage students from getting served.

Are you suggesting MU should actively ignore state law? Cause that went over pretty well when public safety did it.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »
Oh the rumors were definitely founded on something otherwise they don't exist
Have you guys heard that mu03eng is nailing his cousin? Wouldn't have expected it but that rumor must be founded on something otherwise is wouldn't exist.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
Evidently, part of the bar exam is learning how to act like you're in junior high again.

Close. Law school is junior high revisited.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »
My "inside source" (don't we all have to have at least one...) told me that right now everything is copacetic in the world of Buzz, LW,and the administration.  I hate to be the bearer of good news, but we might not have anything to bitch about right now.  Top 20 team, good conference alternative, great incoming recruiting class, happy Buzz...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 02:56:23 PM »
When is he gonna address the witch hunts going on in the student section?  It's a little ridiculous that the BC ushers are carding everyone who are given a beer.

Wait, you really think the Marquette AD should encourage the Bradley Center to look the other way on underage drinking in their arena?

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
Wait, you really think the Marquette AD should encourage the Bradley Center to look the other way on underage drinking in their arena?

If you're underage student, yeah!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
If you're underage student, yeah!

How many students can afford $7 beers at the BC, anyway?  That's what pregaming is about.  That and making sure you print out two copies of your ticket (one to rip up for the confetti at the first bucket, and one to turn in at Caffrey's for $2 post-game pitchers).
Have some patience, FFS.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
How many students can afford $7 beers at the BC, anyway?  That's what pregaming is about.  That and making sure you print out two copies of your ticket (one to rip up for the confetti at the first bucket, and one to turn in at Caffrey's for $2 post-game pitchers).

All the students will access to Mom and Dad's bank account...so about 95% of 'em  ;)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
My "inside source" (don't we all have to have at least one...) told me that right now everything is copacetic in the world of Buzz, LW,and the administration.  I hate to be the bearer of good news, but we might not have anything to bitch about right now.  Top 20 team, good conference alternative, great incoming recruiting class, happy Buzz...

I like these kinds of reports...but what's the nature of your source's knowledge?  Is it someone who works in the program, at MU, etc?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
My freshman son said they were tossing fair amount of kids the last two. Judging by my conversation with him at halftime he took advantage of pregame festivities.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
Judging by my conversation with him at halftime he took advantage of pregame festivities.

Chip/Block.   The legacy continues.  Had lunch with the Commish today, and your name came up. 
Ludum habemus.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »
Whatever happened to sneaking a couple of cans into the game and guzzling them in a bathroom stall during timeouts/halftime?

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:37 PM »
Whatever happened to sneaking a couple of cans into the game and guzzling them in a bathroom stall during timeouts/halftime?

I think they pat the students down now before entering. Risky play.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »

A couple?  With a large winter jacket, one could
basically snitch in a 12er, or, so I've been told.

I think they pat the students down now before entering. Risky play.

Damn you, post Sept. 11 security state.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 03:22:33 PM »
Sir Lawrence

Hope the Commish is doing well. Unfortunately Little Goose has some similarities to the original.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 03:43:05 PM »
Sir Lawrence

Hope the Commish is doing well. Unfortunately Little Goose has some similarities to the original.

The original has done well.  No reason for the lad not to do the same, or better.  The Commissioner is fine, thanks for asking.  He holds you in high regard. 
Ludum habemus.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
Hope they have the Kiss Cam on Larry tomorrow. Gotta check out if he's secretly blowin' wet ones Brey's way each time the Irish score.
Still may send him a new MU golf hat for his birthday.

Nope.  Like all good administrators he knows where his paycheck comes from.  He was even wearing his 'MUst Beat Notre Dame' button during the Senior Celebration.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 03:52:31 PM »
Tom Crean left and the AD let him run the school. Why is Buzz's future so dependent on what message boards think the relationship is between coach and AD?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »
Tom Crean left and the AD let him run the school. Why is Buzz's future so dependent on what message boards think the relationship is between coach and AD?

You apparently read none of the old threads before you signed up for this forum.
Have some patience, FFS.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31777.0

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »

There would be less paranoia if the current AD let Buzz run the school and gave him a long leash.  Instead the new AD has tried to shackle/reign Buzz in, in some areas...which is messing with happy...and if Crean could leave under a super friendly AD/administration - just concerns some of us that the current regime may not be as forgiving/supportive.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
There would be less paranoia if the current AD let Buzz run the school and gave him a long leash.  Instead the new AD has tried to shackle/reign Buzz in, in some areas...which is messing with happy...and if Crean could leave under a super friendly AD/administration - just concerns some of us that the current regime may not be as forgiving/supportive.

Context is key here. Crean left for one of the great jobs in college hoops.  If Buzz is offered UCLA, Kansas, Duke, UNC....he's a fool not to go as well, regardless of how happy he is.

And no, Buzz doesn't need to be allowed to run the school, however tongue in cheek your comment is.  Here we are in 2nd place in the Big East, doing just fine taking 4 year kids for the most part, no one has ended up on the front pages of the Chicago Tribune, MJS, Milwaukee news, etc for something other than hoops.  Shorter leash or not, it's been a win win for Buzz and the school. 

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
so the carding thing in the BC is a little over the top, I have season tickets in 407, get my beer at the same place every game (that I have a beer), they only sell beer there, they card me every time which is fine, but I have a CA ID and they literally pull out a book and look it up, holds up the entire line.  I took a few friends of mine to a game, 3 CA ID's (!!!), I thought they were going to call the cops.  I'm 28, I expect to get carded but come on

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »

You think the basketball coach should run the school and get a long leash?!?!?

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »

How many Division I athletic departments have you
succesfully been in charge of, again?  You SEEM like
such an expert on how one should perform their duties
as an AD. 

I'm shocked you're currently NOT an AD of a DI athletic
department, or, alternatively,  if you are, and have time
in your busy schedule to offer your INFINITE expertise here,
KUDOS!!  Great time management!

feedback