collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Viper
[Today at 07:44:25 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats to the Irish.  (Read 16635 times)

Marqevans

• All American
Congrats to the Irish.
« on: November 24, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »
A story book season.

mubb34

• Team Captain
Re: Congrats to the Irish.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
Now to take on....Georgia! Yes I said Georgia! Called them to beat Bama to go to the Title game so lets see what happens..

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »
A story book season.

Gonna end with a beat down from the SEC champ!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
I realize this means MU's AD is a happy guy about *his school*, but this is SUPERBAR material, guy.

ROLL TIDE!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »
A story book season.

One book I'm fine with them burning.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
ROLL TIDE
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:34 PM »
Eff the Irish. 

Refs handed them three games.  Gotta be blind to miss that. 

Eff the Irish.   ;D

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
One book I'm fine with them burning.

Burn baby burn!

Go $EC!!!!!!!!!!!! F the Irish and the 4 Horsemen they rode in on!
But I like to throw handfuls...

unforgiven

• Starter
  • Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »
Who the Eff are the Irish?
"Times are tough. And people are gonna be drinkin' themselves some booze."     Willie, A Raisin In The Sun

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »
I guess I'll be the only one on here cheering for them in the national championship game. I have friends and children of friends that went there and have gone on to be successful, outstanding folks.  I could give a rat's a** about Georgia or Alabama.  Good luck Irish!

And I'll expect LW to have his Irish football jersey on that day. I can picture him absolutely driving his wife nuts during the game.  Those are his teammates for God's sake.  And if they happen to win, man up and congratulate him next time you see him.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »
I hate Alabama.  I hate ND more.  Go Bama.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:08:07 AM »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:23 AM »
I guess I'll be the only one on here cheering for them in the national championship game.
You're not alone. My dad gave me an ND pennant when I was 5 and started going to games soon after (I know, child abuse!). Really like this year's team.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »
Really torn.   I enjoyed watching them get humbled for all of those years, but I found myself rooting for them last night.    Probably, the more their fans start babbling, the more I will be rooting for whoever plays them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:21 AM »
I rooted for them also, but the only reason was to see how they do against probably Bama.  Two great defenses will result in a great game.

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
I guess I'll be the only one on here cheering for them in the national championship game. I have friends and children of friends that went there and have gone on to be successful, outstanding folks.  I could give a rat's a** about Georgia or Alabama.  Good luck Irish!

And I'll expect LW to have his Irish football jersey on that day. I can picture him absolutely driving his wife nuts during the game.  Those are his teammates for God's sake.  And if they happen to win, man up and congratulate him next time you see him.

You're not alone, my wife went to ND so I'll be pulling for the Irish in the national championship. Plus I'm sick of the SEC recent dominance.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »
If Bama can even get past Gurshall and the Dawgs.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 11:22:27 AM »
Grew up Irish Catholic in Chicago. There was only one College football team to root for as far as my family was concerned.  Went to Marquette and learned to hate Digger and ND basketball. Am now the proud father of two ND grads.  Biggest mistake was not getting them up to see Marquette basketball games when they were in grade school and early high school. The scholarship offers from Marquette would have saved me a lot of money! LOL

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »
Grew up Irish Catholic in Chicago. There was only one College football team to root for as far as my family was concerned.  Went to Marquette and learned to hate Digger and ND basketball. Am now the proud father of two ND grads.  Biggest mistake was not getting them up to see Marquette basketball games when they were in grade school and early high school. The scholarship offers from Marquette would have saved me a lot of money! LOL

The key is to get your kids interested in majors that ND doesn't offer.  That was our strategy.  ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »
Roll Tide. I will be the biggest Bama or Georgia fan come national championship time. I cant bear see ND winning anything let alone a natty.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 08:35:23 PM »
Torn as well.   Chicago Irish Catholic blah blah...went to MU, learned to hate 'em (0-6 will do that to you).  Kept hating, until kids went to ND sports camp (would have been nice if MU had overnight camps...).  Son in particular fell under the influence, and is likely to go there (though he threw me and MrsLegs a bone and applied to MU as well).

We had a serious discussion about this when he was around 10 or 11 as I could see this developing, he told me that he would go to ND if he was a football player,  but promised that if he was a basketball player, he would go to Marquette.  Turns out he's a mathlete, do I don't know what that means.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
Torn as well.   Chicago Irish Catholic blah blah...went to MU, learned to hate 'em (0-6 will do that to you).  Kept hating, until kids went to ND sports camp (would have been nice if MU had overnight camps...).  Son in particular fell under the influence, and is likely to go there (though he threw me and MrsLegs a bone and applied to MU as well).

We had a serious discussion about this when he was around 10 or 11 as I could see this developing, he told me that he would go to ND if he was a football player,  but promised that if he was a basketball player, he would go to Marquette.  Turns out he's a mathlete, do I don't know what that means.

Maybe Fr Naus  can exorcise that demon from Lloyd jr.   ;)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
Eff the Irish.  

Refs handed them three games.  Gotta be blind to miss that.  

Eff the Irish.   ;D

There were some questionable calls in other games (namely Stanford) but the horrid pass interference call on 4th down against Pitt gave ND that win (the refs ignoring two #2 on the field didn't help either).

Grew up Irish Catholic in Chicago. There was only one College football team to root for as far as my family was concerned.  Went to Marquette and learned to hate Digger and ND basketball. Am now the proud father of two ND grads.  Biggest mistake was not getting them up to see Marquette basketball games when they were in grade school and early high school. The scholarship offers from Marquette would have saved me a lot of money! LOL

Also grew up a good Catholic boy in Chicagoland which made me an ND fan by default. It was actually my top choice for college...and then I took two visits there and absolutely HATED it. Just about everyone I met, from students to admins to faculty, fit the pretentious ND stereotype to a T. I didn't even open my acceptance letter.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:29:07 PM by MerrittsMustache »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »
Hate the Irish, but hate the SEC even more.  This will be one of the rare times I cheer for Notre Dame.  Not sure how they ended up undefeated, the Luck of the Irish certainly came to play this year.  Besides, I'd rather have a university that at least attempts to do it the right way (yes, they fail at times) than some of the nonsense in the SEC.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:33:16 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 05:11:12 AM »
Merritsmustache, we must have met the same people on our campus visit.   I knew I would never go there an hour into my visit.    Same thing at Michigan.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.