[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats to the Irish.  (Read 16638 times)

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
Re: Congrats to the Irish.
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »
I suppose that's the best way to look at it (even though I still think the ND administration is full of it).

Try and read ND's mission statement and not think it is satire. What a bunch of lies.

http://nd.edu/about/mission-statement/

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
I won't be saying anything, but I don't hold my nose and pretend Marquette is better than everyone... like Notre Dame does.

Right...because everybody that is an ND fan does that and no MU fan ever has.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
Right...because everybody that is an ND fan does that and no MU fan ever has.

If you wanted to be a ND fan, you should have gone to ND.

And you asked a question to me, personally, so I gave the answer.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
If you wanted to be a ND fan, you should have gone to ND.

And you asked a question to me, personally, so I gave the answer.
Nice response, who even said I was an ND fan? I root for them passively in football and that's about it.

You said something I thought was pretty stupid and hypocritical because you dislike ND, I called you out on it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:03 PM »
Regardless, ND says they are the best while the Sullivan and Seeberg situations say otherwise.

I've got to believe that the Sullivans accepted more than an apology from ND.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
Nice response, who even said I was an ND fan? I root for them passively in football and that's about it.

You said something I thought was pretty stupid and hypocritical because you dislike ND, I called you out on it.

What was hypocritical about it?  You can't just lump me in with people who turn up their noses because they are MU grads (hilarious that people would do that)

I never meant you specifically were an ND fan (yet you just admitted it?) "you" was a generalization of all people who root for ND who went to one of their rival schools.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Regardless, ND says they are the best while the Sullivan and Seeberg situations say otherwise.

I've got to believe that the Sullivans accepted more than an apology from ND.

Man, did a leprechaun pee in your Lucky Charms?  Why shouldn't ND the fanbase have an ego?  The team is number one in the country.  They are number one in graduation rate.  They have the most National Championships.  They have a ton of cash.  They spend a ton of cash on their program and school.  Even in the years they suck, they get top recruits.  Their academics are first tier.  They have an amazing alumni base (for networking).  Even when they suck, they are at the table of decision making.  Last week, the game against USC was the most viewed college football game this year.  Get with it dude, ND football is a cash cow and everyone wants a piece.  And don't hate because people like them for one reason or another.

And dude, you are embarassing the MU community and yourself by continually bringing up a death of a kid and talking about the kid and his family.  Please stop.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »
And again, if the family is sincerely comfortable with how it has been resolved, then I am as well.

If I lost my child at the hands of Notre Dame, I can only hope there's an amount of money large enough to ease that kind of unimaginable pain.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
If I lost my child at the hands of Notre Dame, I can only hope there's an amount of money large enough to ease that kind of unimaginable pain.

Well, there would be no amount of money to ease that kind of pain. 

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
Man, did a leprechaun pee in your Lucky Charms?  Why shouldn't ND the fanbase have an ego?  The team is number one in the country.  They are number one in graduation rate.  They have the most National Championships.  They have a ton of cash.  They spend a ton of cash on their program and school.  Even in the years they suck, they get top recruits.  Their academics are first tier.  They have an amazing alumni base (for networking).  Even when they suck, they are at the table of decision making.  Last week, the game against USC was the most viewed college football game this year.  Get with it dude, ND football is a cash cow and everyone wants a piece.  And don't hate because people like them for one reason or another.

It's about money. Always has been, always will be. Winning just fixes a lot of other problems.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2012, 05:39:09 PM »

And dude, you are embarassing the MU community and yourself by continually bringing up a death of a kid and talking about the kid and his family.  Please stop.

I just hate pretentious dbags like you.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2012, 06:37:13 PM »
I just hate pretentious dbags like you.

Just stating facts. Your spreading hate.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2012, 07:31:40 PM »

Well, there would be no amount of money to ease that kind of pain. 

Not for you and me, at least.  Fortunately, ND hasn't yet had to deal with people like us.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
Not for you and me, at least.  Fortunately, ND hasn't yet had to deal with people like us.

I don't think you understand what I mean.  If no amount of money is going to ease that kind of pain, then perhaps money wouldn't be my top priority.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2012, 07:43:56 PM »
Poor sample size, but it always strikes me when they do interviews with players from both teams.  During the USC - ND game they ran several interviews from ND players and USC players.  The comparison was striking.  Again, small sample size which isn't fair, but the ND players acquitted themselves very well.  USC is an excellent school, but they cut many corners (which they admit) to let athletes in.  I have no doubt ND does to some degree as well, but not in the same volume.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Man, did a leprechaun pee in your Lucky Charms?  Why shouldn't ND the fanbase have an ego?  The team is number one in the country. 

I think maybe part of what he is saying, is that the ego is always present. No matter how good the program is in a given year, the fanbase is always in your face about how important they are to CFB.  Touting many of the same facts you just did.  And my guess is that if they get stomped by Alabama or Georgia, the ND fanbase will talk about nothing but those same points as a way to diminish the accomplishments of the other school: grad rate, questionable academics etc. 

Is Notre Dame a big player in CFB? Yes.  Does the CFB world still revolve around them? No, I don't think so, but maybe I am brainwashed from living the past 9 years in SEC country.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »

Typical Notre Dame bigot right here...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
Poor sample size, but it always strikes me when they do interviews with players from both teams.  During the USC - ND game they ran several interviews from ND players and USC players.  The comparison was striking.  Again, small sample size which isn't fair, but the ND players acquitted themselves very well.  USC is an excellent school, but they cut many corners (which they admit) to let athletes in.  I have no doubt ND does to some degree as well, but not in the same volume.

Remember the TCU team after they beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl 2 years ago?  Wow.  Andy Dalton quoted a long, not well known Bible verse right away.  Those interviews were very impressive.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
I think maybe part of what he is saying, is that the ego is always present. No matter how good the program is in a given year, the fanbase is always in your face about how important they are to CFB.  Touting many of the same facts you just did.  And my guess is that if they get stomped by Alabama or Georgia, the ND fanbase will talk about nothing but those same points as a way to diminish the accomplishments of the other school: grad rate, questionable academics etc. 

Is Notre Dame a big player in CFB? Yes.  Does the CFB world still revolve around them? No, I don't think so, but maybe I am brainwashed from living the past 9 years in SEC country.

First, why shouldn't a university be proud of the facts? If we had them, we would be touting them too. And I have been on this board long enough to see posters talk about graduation rate differentials between Wisconsin and MU. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black in that regard.

MerrittsMustache

• All American

Parsighian

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »
with many more to come...

feedback