collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats to the Irish.  (Read 16634 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Congrats to the Irish.
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »
I guess I'll be the only one on here cheering for them in the national championship game. I have friends and children of friends that went there and have gone on to be successful, outstanding folks.  I could give a rat's a** about Georgia or Alabama.  Good luck Irish!

And I'll expect LW to have his Irish football jersey on that day. I can picture him absolutely driving his wife nuts during the game.  Those are his teammates for God's sake.  And if they happen to win, man up and congratulate him next time you see him.

As others have said, you won't be alone.  My dad went there and I grew up rooting for ND.  During four years at MU, I learned to hate them in basketball, and still do.  But I've always rooted for the football team.  It's been a fun year.  I certainly don't think they've got the best team in the country, but the defense is very good.  I'm not exactly expecting a win, but if the defense can keep the score down, anything can happen.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 08:31:48 AM »
Glad this was moved to the Superbar.  Why would we congratulate the Irish?  Should we also congratulate the Badgers on winning their division of the Big Ten?

ND is a good team that had some lucky games.  They would be the seventh best team in the SEC in my opinion.  I hope they get smoked by Georgia or Alabama.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »
Nobody goes undefeated without a little luck.   Hell, Alabama/Georgia winner is lucky that K-State and Oregon both choked games they had no business losing.     Yup, ND got some breaks, some gifts, some bad calls go their way.   But they took advantage of all of them and they earned it.     Regardless of my feelings for some of their alums, subway alums, and most importantly Digger, this year's team is playing for the National Championship, and not by accident.   So, Kudos, and go to hell. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »
Glad this was moved to the Superbar.  Why would we congratulate the Irish?  Should we also congratulate the Badgers on winning their division of the Big Ten?

ND is a good team that had some lucky games.  They would be the seventh best team in the SEC in my opinion.  I hope they get smoked by Georgia or Alabama.

Because our school doesn't have a football team, might as well pick another Catholic school to root for.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 09:13:32 AM »
Nobody goes undefeated without a little luck.   Hell, Alabama/Georgia winner is lucky that K-State and Oregon both choked games they had no business losing.     Yup, ND got some breaks, some gifts, some bad calls go their way.   But they took advantage of all of them and they earned it.     Regardless of my feelings for some of their alums, subway alums, and most importantly Digger, this year's team is playing for the National Championship, and not by accident.   So, Kudos, and go to hell. 

As far as winning the national championship goes, that might have been unlucky for Notre Dame.  I can't help but think ND would have had a better chance of winning the Championship if just one of those two teams would have lost.  Alabama is a tougher match-up than either Oregon or KState would have been (although they're both pretty tough too).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »

Bucky badly backed into the Division championship.  But sure, I hope they win this weekend.  Probably won't happen though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 09:25:12 AM »
Because our school doesn't have a football team, might as well pick another Catholic school to root for.

Why?  And if you have to pick another Catholic school... anyone but Notre Dame.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
If not ND then......Boston College?    Aren't they the only 2 Catholic Universities playing D1 football?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
Why?  And if you have to pick another Catholic school... anyone but Notre Dame.

Maybe I'll root for a school that doesn't look down on us, that isn't a long-time rival and didn't leave the Big East after saying they were committed to keeping the conference together.  Roll Tide!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
If you have to pick a team, it shouldn't be ND. It's like support the Galactic Empire because it came from the Galactic Senate.

Go with Northwestern then.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
Grew up a good Catholic boy, rooting for ND.  A combination of going to Marquette, where I finally learned that ND was the Evil Empire, and a truly obnoxious ND grad from my HS class put me in the correct frmae of mind.  Go whoever ND plays.

PS.  Said obnoxious ND grad popped up on FB with a pretentious post per day since they became #1.  Go back into the hole you came from.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 01:15:31 PM »
Grew up a good Catholic boy, rooting for ND.  A combination of going to Marquette, where I finally learned that ND was the Evil Empire, and a truly obnoxious ND grad from my HS class put me in the correct frmae of mind.  Go whoever ND plays.

PS.  Said obnoxious ND grad popped up on FB with a pretentious post per day since they became #1.  Go back into the hole you came from.

Ding ding ding.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »

I can top all.  Grew up in SB area with the ND AD for a neighbor.   Nice guy.  Went to school and hung out with the guy's kids.

Eff ND.  Good lord, that tuchdown Jesus, we're god's team crap gets old.  Eff ND.  ;)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »
I root for ND because MU doesn't have a team, my older brother went there, and I was introduced to college football with ND.  

I have met my fair share of ND tools and elitists.  But I have met some really solid people too.  If you want to talk to some elitist football fans, just venture to the south for a weekend.  If you don't leave hoping to never heard "SEC BABY!" or anything of the like in a southern twang, I would be shocked.  

Bottomline, their fans may be tough to deal with (I think every Packer fan should look yourself in the mirror before talking about annoying fanbases) but the university does stand for good morals and an education.  
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
It's kinda like someone who went to Army rooting for the Navy.  Ain't gonna happen.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
I find myself in the Guns N Ammo camp on ND football.

There fanbase as a whole is insufferable, but some of my best friends went there.

They're better than most about at least trying to do it the right way, but they'll remind you of it ad nauseum.

I don't like the "Touchdown Jesus" stuff, but I don't like the anti Catholic bigotry of some of their detractors either.

Bottom line:by any measuable metric I should root for an ND win (especially over an Alabama or a Georgia) - but my heart won't be in it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »

At least Declan Sullivan died for a national championship opportunity.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 02:02:48 PM »

At least Declan Sullivan died for a national championship opportunity.

Stay classy...
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
Stay classy...

Did I say something wrong?

I'm sure all that practice tape he got before falling 50+ feet helped Brian Kelly get that ND football team to where they are at today.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »
Was in Vegas week before Thanksgiving. Irish (ranked #3 in BCS at the time) were sitting there at 8-1, seemed like a steal.

$50 later, all I can say is go Irish!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
Did I say something wrong?

I'm sure all that practice tape he got before falling 50+ feet helped Brian Kelly get that ND football team to where they are at today.

Just a wee bit over the top....even for me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
Just a wee bit over the top....even for me.

Just making sure everyone remembers, it wasn't that long a ago he was forced by Brian Kelly to use a scissor lift in 50 MPH+ winds.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

This exactly, especially that go to hell part

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »
Just making sure everyone remembers, it wasn't that long a ago he was forced by Brian Kelly to use a scissor lift in 50 MPH+ winds.

"Forced" may not be the best word...  "coerced," perhaps.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »
Count me as an ND backer in fb  cause no MU football.     Alabama has its players on head ballooning HGH and is scum.   SEC is shady, so is ND (haven't had an academic casualty in fb in forever and they let in some questionables, academic restrictions is a myth)  but not to their level.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:25:13 PM by Stone Cold »