[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats to the Irish.  (Read 16636 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Congrats to the Irish.
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Just making sure everyone remembers, it wasn't that long a ago he was forced by Brian Kelly to use a scissor lift in 50 MPH+ winds.

Bringing up a kid's death in this discussion is a bit low class IMO.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
Bringing up a kid's death in this discussion is a bit low class IMO.

People are discussing why they like/dislike ND. That qualifies as a reason to dislike ND, no?

Not sure the "class" argument has a leg to stand on when the program's negligence led to a kid's death.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »
People are discussing why they like/dislike ND. That qualifies as a reason to dislike ND, no?

Not sure the "class" argument has a leg to stand on when the program's negligence led to a kid's death.

Thank you, my point exactly.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »
And the Lizzy Seeberg cover-up which makes MU's blunder look like a balloon party.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »

If you have to pick a team, it shouldn't be ND. It's like support the Galactic Empire because it came from the Galactic Senate.

Go with Northwestern then.

HA!  You really think this person's dislike of ND stems from safety policies?  Please.

Some people must live perfect lives.  If everyone judged based on a singular action or failure of action, then you wouldn't like anyone.  PTM, Northwestern had a kid die on the practice field in 2001, you don't seem to care.  A bit two-faced, but that doesn't surprise me.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2012, 04:23:23 PM »
Did I say something wrong?

I'm sure all that practice tape he got before falling 50+ feet helped Brian Kelly get that ND football team to where they are at today.

I don't know who you are but that post was extremely low.  I know the family and Declan's father is a Marquette grad.  They have been extremely understanding toward the university.  To have someone post his picture for something like this is unbecoming of a Marquette student or alum.  I only hope his dad never visits this site along with the many friends he had that went to Marquette from Carmel high school.  I am sorry I ever started this thread.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »
HA!  You really think this person's dislike of ND stems from safety policies?  Please.

Some people must live perfect lives.  If everyone judged based on a singular action or failure of action, then you wouldn't like anyone.  PTM, Northwestern had a kid die on the practice field in 2001, you don't seem to care.  A bit two-faced, but that doesn't surprise me.

I never said I liked Northwestern.

Rashidi Wheeler's death is a bit different than Declan Sullivan's. Not to mention it was 11 years ago and a whole coaching staff has changed since.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2012, 04:26:37 PM »
I don't know who you are but that post was extremely low.  I know the family and Declan's father is a Marquette grad.  They have been extremely understanding toward the university.  To have someone post his picture for something like this is unbecoming of a Marquette student or alum.  I only hope his dad never visits this site along with the many friends he had that went to Marquette from Carmel high school.  I am sorry I ever started this thread.

This is good.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »

+1.

IMO, since the University has admitted its mistake, and the family has accepted their apology and whatever came with that, who are we to continuously pick at the scab?  In many ways the family's reaction has been the model of Christian forgiveness.  But we get to keep bringing it up?

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Maybe Fr Naus  can exorcise that demon from Lloyd jr.   ;)

I have the 5 pack (including ND game), so maybe a five game sweep will do it?!?!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »

+1.

IMO, since the University has admitted its mistake, and the family has accepted their apology and whatever came with that, who are we to continuously pick at the scab?  In many ways the family's reaction has been the model of Christian forgiveness.  But we get to keep bringing it up?

Entirely agree, it should never be brought up again. Move along, nothing to see here.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
One thing is for sure.  I am an ND fan but even I will get tired of ESPN talking about ND in the NC game.  42 more friggin days of this. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »
One thing is for sure.  I am an ND fan but even I will get tired of ESPN talking about ND in the NC game.  42 more friggin days of this. 

We can agree on that then.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »
When I was watching the Notre Dame, USC game at B Dubs my dad and I were the only two people in the joint cheering for USC. I lived in Chicago to before going to MU but grew up a Northwestern football fan. I dont get why so many people from Chicago are ND fans. That being said every one of their fans that night were obnoxious as all hell.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2012, 08:17:26 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:29:33 PM by MUBurrow »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
Count me as an ND backer in fb  cause no MU football.     Alabama has its players on head ballooning HGH and is scum.   SEC is shady, so is ND (haven't had an academic casualty in fb in forever and they let in some questionables, academic restrictions is a myth)  but not to their level.

Julius Jones flunked out of ND in the early 2000s but was later allowed back in.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »

IMO, since the University has admitted its mistake, and the family has accepted their apology and whatever came with that, who are we to continuously pick at the scab?

Not saying it didn't happen, I may have missed it, but did Notre Dame admit wrong doing?  Last I remember, their AD was saying they had no idea it was going to be windy that day, despite everyone in the Midwest knowing damn well it was going to be historically windy.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
Julius Jones flunked out of ND in the early 2000s but was later allowed back in.

That's true. He flunked out and then worked his way back in. How many star athletes flunk out of the SEC schools?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
That's true. He flunked out and then worked his way back in. How many star athletes flunk out of the SEC schools?

Oh, so now the bar is SEC schools?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Not saying it didn't happen, I may have missed it, but did Notre Dame admit wrong doing?

http://newsinfo.nd.edu/news/21587-notre-dame-investigation-finds-four-primary-factors-led-to-declan-sullivan-tragedy/

“The University, then, is collectively responsible.”

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2012, 09:08:16 AM »

http://newsinfo.nd.edu/news/21587-notre-dame-investigation-finds-four-primary-factors-led-to-declan-sullivan-tragedy/

“The University, then, is collectively responsible.”

Reading that report made me feel sick.

Not sure how they can honestly claim that a key factor was "Staff members’ lack of knowledge regarding on-the-field wind speeds" when it was apparent to everyone in the Midwest (including Declan Sullivan!) that the high winds made it incredibly unsafe to be up in that lift.

The line that got me was "we have reached the conclusion that no one acted in disregard for safety" because it was blatant disregard for safety.

While the university did take responsibility, they ultimately did so in a cowardly fashion.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »
I think the point was that there wasn't a willful disregard for safety, but an ignorance of what was considered safe use of equipment.  IOW, Kelly and/or his staff didn't say "I don't care how windy it is, put the kid up in the lift."  They were simply ignorant.  Which is still a big, big problem and shouldn't absolve the University from blame.

And again, if the family is sincerely comfortable with how it has been resolved, then I am as well.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
Oh, so now the bar is SEC schools?

What will you be saying if Mayo returns?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
What will you be saying if Mayo returns?

I won't be saying anything, but I don't hold my nose and pretend Marquette is better than everyone... like Notre Dame does.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »
And again, if the family is sincerely comfortable with how it has been resolved, then I am as well.

I suppose that's the best way to look at it (even though I still think the ND administration is full of it).