[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ran into Dominic James this weekend  (Read 24098 times)

mugrad99

• Team Captain
ran into Dominic James this weekend
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »
at Sak's in Indy. Was leaving for Italy shortly. Nice as always. He and Buzz still talk weekly.

jmayer1

• All American
Re: ran into Dominic James this weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
at Sak's in Indy. Was leaving for Italy shortly. Nice as always. He and Buzz still talk weekly.

I loved DJ when he was here. I thought that a lot of fans were way too tough on him--expected a little too much after his freshman season. Did pretty much everything well for a college pg, except hit the outside shot (much like Cordell half a decade before him).

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »
Cordell was a pretty good shooter, and seemed to have progressed steadily from freshman yr to senior yr.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
Wait, since today is Friday and this weekend is starting now...these events occur in the future?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »
ZFB would like to learn more about this place of which you speak -  "Sak's"
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
Cordell was a pretty good shooter, and seemed to have progressed steadily from freshman yr to senior yr.

Will never, ever forget the moment  @ home vs. Cincy (01-02 season maybe?). Huge game, think Cincy was Top 10 at the time. Cordell hit a dagger 3 and made a ripped-their-heart-out motion after hitting the shot and Cincy called a T and the place went bonkers. Anybody else shed exact details about that game?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »
Will never, ever forget the moment  @ home vs. Cincy (01-02 season maybe?). Huge game, think Cincy was Top 10 at the time. Cordell hit a dagger 3 and made a ripped-their-heart-out motion after hitting the shot and Cincy called a T and the place went bonkers. Anybody else shed exact details about that game?

01-02 was right. Cincy was #4 and on a 20 game winning streak. First sellout at the BC in many years. Wade got into foul trouble in the first half, but MU kept a slim lead. He took over in the second, and Henry's three was deep from the wing, with the shot clock running down. MU ended up winning by 14.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »

Actually, he ran back after the three and made a "slitting their throat" motion. Cordell had to write a letter of apology for the gesture that went to Cincy.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
Was he bagging groceries?
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 09:03:21 PM »
Was he bagging groceries?

The day you are as successful at anything as James is as basketball, is the day you can make that joke. Until that day comes, shut your mouth.
We Are Marquette

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
It still kills me how some people still criticize Dominic.  4th leading scorer in MU history, 2nd in career assists and 4th in career steals and what most people overlook is that, as a freshman, he quarterbacked that Marquette team to an NCAA berth after two consecutive NIT berths and really helped right the ship at Marquette. 

I've said this many times.  A friend of mine who started on the Sweet 16 team for Marquette in the mid 50's contends Dominic is the best on the ball defender he's ever seen at Marquette and people forget how he helped to lock up the opposing point guard throughout his MU career.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »
The day you are as successful at anything as James is as basketball, is the day you can make that joke. Until that day comes, shut your mouth.

In case you missed this, it's ok to not be good at basketball.

http://youtu.be/G40g9RTxurw

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
It still kills me how some people still criticize Dominic.  4th leading scorer in MU history, 2nd in career assists and 4th in career steals and what most people overlook is that, as a freshman, he quarterbacked that Marquette team to an NCAA berth after two consecutive NIT berths and really helped right the ship at Marquette. 

I've said this many times.  A friend of mine who started on the Sweet 16 team for Marquette in the mid 50's contends Dominic is the best on the ball defender he's ever seen at Marquette and people forget how he helped to lock up the opposing point guard throughout his MU career.

Good kid, polite, great player, determined, killer defender... and the lynchpin for what MU is today in the world of college basketball.

Substitute James' MU career with an average PG, and bagging groceries might be more interesting than watching MUBB today.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
My mouth is wide open. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this thread who have never won anything. They should all open their mouths, too. I'm not a fan of DJ, get over it. Also, no one answered my question, was he bagging groceries or not?

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »

My mouth is wide open. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this thread who have never won anything. They should all open their mouths, too. I'm not a fan of DJ, get over it. Also, no one answered my question, was he bagging groceries or not?

HAHAHAHA...I bet it is.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
DJ played locked down D and a lot of talent. Hope the kid does well for himself.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

Served.

BME to MD

• Scholarship Player

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
I'm not a fan of DJ, get over it.
Me neither. Horrible shooter (although better than Blue) and WAY too many mysterious injuries for my taste.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
Me neither. Horrible shooter (although better than Blue) and WAY too many mysterious injuries for my taste.

Mysterious injuries?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »

Honestly, did he do something to you while you were in school?

Not many people hate 4 year starters. Also, you have to respect James' determination to come back his senior year (post injury), right? That was impressive.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
Honestly, did he do something to you while you were in school?

Not many people hate 4 year starters. Also, you have to respect James' determination to come back his senior year (post injury), right? That was impressive.

Who said they hated him? Just calling a good college player a good college player.

As for his comeback game in the 09 Tourney against Mizzou...admirable, but ineffective.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=294000010

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
Who said they hated him? Just calling a good college player a good college player.

As for his comeback game in the 09 Tourney against Mizzou...admirable, but ineffective.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=294000010

HIS FOOT WAS BROKEN.

feedback