Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scholarship situation?  (Read 11008 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Scholarship situation?
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
We are one over now, correct? 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Scholarship situation?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »
No.

Otule hasn't been granted a 6th year yet.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
Only if Otule is granted a sixth year....but you already knew that because it has been discussed repeatedly.

This is so Chicos-like....it's like you're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Chigoldeneagle

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
Can the mods go through Hoopla's post history and realize that he is a troll and ban him?  He adds nothing of value to this board, and only tries to create drama. 

The question hoopla asked has been discussed at length many times on this board.  Hoopla is on this board non stop, and now pretends to naively and ask about the scholarship's tonight?....come on man.

In light of recent events, it is clear that there are people who are determined to cause this program harm, and I am pretty sure some of those people are on this board.

I never post, but can't believe stuff like this has become the topic of conversation during one of the most fun MU bb runs I have ever had the pleasure to watch.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »
no.  scholarships are given on a yearly basis, so we have plenty to offer for the 2013-2014 school year.  since we have no idea what buzz says to each individual player it's impossible to know how many have been offered for the 2013-2014, how many were told they would have to earn it on a yearl basis, etc.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
if Otule gets his 6th year then we are one over. Why doesnt he just play and finish his career next year instead of weighing us down with his injuries? I like Otule he seems like a great kid but we need to think about our future and have as many open scholarships for top notch players like K. Nunn. if we can still get him, which we can cuz I know he likes us, we would have 2 great Simeon players to try and draw in the ultimate prize, Jabari Parker. Parker + MU = NC!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »
if Otule gets his 6th year then we are one over. Why doesnt he just play and finish his career next year instead of weighing us down with his injuries?

Classy first post!!!

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »
if Otule gets his 6th year then we are one over. Why doesnt he just play and finish his career next year instead of weighing us down with his injuries? I like Otule he seems like a great kid but we need to think about our future and have as many open scholarships for top notch players like K. Nunn. if we can still get him, which we can cuz I know he likes us, we would have 2 great Simeon players to try and draw in the ultimate prize, Jabari Parker. Parker + MU = NC!

You're an idiot
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »

You're out of your element, MUFanatic4Life. 

So you have no frame of reference here, MUFanatic4Life.  You're like a CHILD who wanders into the middle of a fan message board and wants to know about MU's scholarship situation.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
We are one over now, correct? 

Hey, did you guys hear that some ball players supposedly got into trouble last Halloween? I also heard that Buzz to Oklahoma is a done deal. Bummer, huh?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »
No.

Otule hasn't been granted a 6th year yet.

Thank you for the answer without the drama the others provided

Only if Otule is granted a sixth year....but you already knew that because it has been discussed repeatedly.

This is so Chicos-like....it's like you're not even trying to hide it anymore.

There is nothing to hide.  I asked a question, Titan provided an answer.  You provided nothing but more ranting.  The funny part is that Chicos does have a problem with Creaning \ Buzzcutting.  I don't.  They are one year scholarships, not 4 year scholarships.  You probably don't appreciate the humor in that.

Can the mods go through Hoopla's post history and realize that he is a troll and ban him?  He adds nothing of value to this board, and only tries to create drama. 

I don't read every post, but I do invite the moderators to review my posting history.  I love MU as much as you do.  It was an honest question and frankly I have no problem if a player has to leave.  This is big boy basketball.   While the moderators are doing this, I would invite them to look at your IP address along with Orange Soda's and probably 15 other guys to find matches.  That would be a fun exercise as well, don't you think?
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
The funny part is that Chicos does have a problem with Creaning \ Buzzcutting.  I don't.

You must be quite relieved that modern medicine shuns electroshock therapy for people with your condition.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 11:30:33 PM »
While the moderators are doing this, I would invite them to look at your IP address along with Orange Soda's and probably 15 other guys to find matches.  That would be a fun exercise as well, don't you think?

Fun? no.  Easy?  Yes.  Chigoldeneagle doesn't have a shared IP with anyone and actually registered with a first.last sort of e-mail address.  He's not hiding from anyone.  You continually post from anonymous VPNs, use a "hoopaloop...@..." e-mail address, and have shared IPs with other posters.

Careful what you wish for here big fella.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:43:07 PM by rocky_warrior »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »
Fun? no.  Easy?  Yes.  Chigoldeneagle doesn't have a shared IP with anyone and actually registered with a first.last sort of e-mail address.  He's not hiding from anyone.  You continually post from anonymous VPNs, use a "hoopaloop...@..." e-mail address, and have shared IPs with other posters.

If I may dust off an old Cartmanism for Hoopa-chico-abe....

"You just got f---- in the a---"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:48:43 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:49 AM »

Boom goes the dynamite.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:29 AM »
The funny part is that Chicos does have a problem with Creaning \ Buzzcutting.

Don't forget Bo-ning!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 07:11:46 AM »

The question hoopla asked has been discussed at length many times on this board.  Hoopla is on this board non stop, and now pretends to naively and ask about the scholarship's tonight?....come on man.

In light of recent events, it is clear that there are people who are determined to cause this program harm, and I am pretty sure some of those people are on this board.

I never post, but can't believe stuff like this has become the topic of conversation during one of the most fun MU bb runs I have ever had the pleasure to watch.

Look, I'm not his biggest fan either, but that was an honest question, and if he didn't ask it, someone else would have.

Also, 2013 is a long way away.  Anything can happen.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »

oh snap!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 08:22:47 AM »

Why don't we just get rid of Otule? Then we can get Parker and every other 5-star recruit. Because the only thing keeping the 5-star recruits from beating down MU's door is that Otule might get a sixth season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

attackelite

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 08:29:20 AM »
I understand one of our recruits will be attending JC  next year. Big guy that has a long way to go before he can play high D1

ibechillindoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »
I understand one of our recruits will be attending JC  next year. Big guy that has a long way to go before he can play high D1

Do you know this as a fact? Or are you just quoting posters on here for information?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »

Typically it's the smaller guys who have a problem playing high in D1.  Something about pot messing up depth perception or something.  The big guys can still play just fine in the paint, they just get called for more fouls because of all the hugging.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »
While the moderators are doing this, I would invite them to look at your IP address along with Orange Soda's and probably 15 other guys to find matches.  That would be a fun exercise as well, don't you think?

Feel free to name the other 15 guys you think I am.  We already know I'm not chigoldeneagle, so only 15 more to go.  And really, why would I go through the trouble of making multiple aliases and talking to myself?  One voice is enough for me.  If it's to drum up support for the idea that your agenda is obvious and tiresome, well, I can see in this thread alone that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

When I first read your response, I found myself quite confused.  I couldn't fathom why someone would do what you're accusing me and others of.  Luckily, as Rocky points out, you've been doing exactly that!  I look forward to you enlightening me with your explanation.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:49 AM »

cool! do me next.  Do i lead muscoop for most random locations?  I'm in the emergency operations center of corpus christi right now.

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »
The scholarship situation is fine. Otule will not be granted a 6th year.

feedback