Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scholarship situation?  (Read 11006 times)

GOMU85

• Starter
Re: Scholarship situation?
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »
I wouldn't mind if we let Jamal Ferguson go. Is he any good? Has anyone seen film on him? He sure hasn't been talked about much:/

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:18 AM »
I wouldn't mind if we let Jamal Ferguson go. Is he any good? Has anyone seen film on him? He sure hasn't been talked about much:/

So you wouldn't mind having someone let go that you know nothing about?  Great to see you really thought hard about that one.  Obviously he was recruited for a reason.  Buzz just doesn't pull players names out of a hat.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »

So you wouldn't mind having someone let go that you know nothing about?

Nope

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 09:17:36 AM »
Otule will not be granted a 6th year.

How do you know this?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »
Fun? no.  Easy?  Yes.  Chigoldeneagle doesn't have a shared IP with anyone and actually registered with a first.last sort of e-mail address.  He's not hiding from anyone.  You continually post from anonymous VPNs, use a "hoopaloop...@..." e-mail address, and have shared IPs with other posters.

Careful what you wish for here big fella.

Rocky - could you please translate for those of us who are hopelessly behind the curve on this sort of thing?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
Rocky - could you please translate for those of us who are hopelessly behind the curve on this sort of thing?

Essentially... Chigoldeneagle isn't anonymous - he has a registered email with his first and last name. and his IP address (his computer's internet "name") isn't shared by any other poster (basically saying it's unlikely he is a poster with multiple user names). Hoopaloop has no identifying email address, he accesses the internet through anonymous portals (the VPNs) and he has computer internet "name" that is shared with other posters (so he could be one guy with multiple user names)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Essentially... Chigoldeneagle isn't anonymous - he has a registered email with his first and last name. and his IP address (his computer's internet "name") isn't shared by any other poster (basically saying it's unlikely he is a poster with multiple user names). Hoopaloop has no identifying email address, he accesses the internet through anonymous portals (the VPNs) and he has computer internet "name" that is shared with other posters (so he could be one guy with multiple user names)

Thank you. Can't wait to hear Hoop's explanation for all of this.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »

What did you know about Crowder? About Johnson-Odom? About Butler? About Gardner? About Mayo?

I'm guessing little or nothing. I guess Marquette should have let all of them go.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »
What did you know about Crowder? About Johnson-Odom? About Butler? About Gardner? About Mayo?

I'm guessing little or nothing. I guess Marquette should have let all of them go.

Thats where you're wrong buddy. I knew lots about all those guys.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »
The scholarship situation is fine. Otule will not be granted a 6th year.

How do you know this?
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
How do you know this?

I have inside information

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »
I have inside information

I have outside information.

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 09:59:02 AM »

Whats the weather like out there? What city are you in?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
Inside information like how we need a new point guard?   Sorry, but after that your credibility is non-existent.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 10:10:02 AM »
Inside information like how we need a new point guard?   Sorry, but after that your credibility is non-existent.   

Exactly.  It is absolutely false that "he will not be granted a sixth year," because he hasn't officially even applied for one...and can't until the end of next year's season.  So to even make an absolute statement on the topic is a dumb thing to do.

Buzz certainly talked like he was going to get a sixth year.  He meets the requirements for being granted one.  Now, he may not, but MU doesn't know that absolutely.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
Otule's going lottery next year, no need for a 6th year.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »
This whole thread is funny. Chicoloop getting put in his place simply by the moderators doing exactly what he asked, and then someone claiming to have inside information on Otule's scholly, someone who has already embarassed this entire forum once with a stupidly titled thread.

Is it Thursday yet?

brewcity'77

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »
Otule's going lottery next year, no need for a 6th year.

^ Powerball?

Sweet!

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 10:26:06 AM »

+1   LOL

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
This whole thread is funny. Chicoloop getting put in his place simply by the moderators doing exactly what he asked, and then someone claiming to have inside information on Otule's scholly, someone who has already embarassed this entire forum once with a stupidly titled thread.

Is it Thursday yet?

Wasn't the final straw in Chicos' ban when he called out the moderators and got burned by it? Hmm...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »

I wouldn't go so far as to say "I would let him go", but I agree that he is an unknown at this point. I don't put a ton of stock in rankings, but I want to say he was in the 90s (ESPN) when we signed him, and he is now an 88. I like that his ESPN profile says he is a hard-nosed player that will fit in great with Buzz' system. That's nice to hear and all..but isn't this kid just going to be buried on the bench for quite some time?

At his size, he will play primarily the 3, maybe some at the 2. He has Mayp, Vander, Jamail, Juan, TJ Taylor, and maybe other to compete with for playing time. He has put up 30 points in two of his past three games, according to the Scout sites recruit stats page, and also hits a fair amount of 3s. I don't think MU should just throw the guy under the bus, but does anyone actually know much about him?

Edit: I also love that his name is Jamal!! Jamil, Jamail, Jamal...how cute.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

dpucane

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
You know if we had a football team we could use one of those scholarships!?!? ;) *Gets chased out of room*

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
You know if we had a football team we could use one of those scholarships!?!? ;) *Gets chased out of room*

LOL  :D

GOMU85

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say "I would let him go", but I agree that he is an unknown at this point. I don't put a ton of stock in rankings, but I want to say he was in the 90s (ESPN) when we signed him, and he is now an 88. I like that his ESPN profile says he is a hard-nosed player that will fit in great with Buzz' system. That's nice to hear and all..but isn't this kid just going to be buried on the bench for quite some time?

At his size, he will play primarily the 3, maybe some at the 2. He has Mayp, Vander, Jamail, Juan, TJ Taylor, and maybe other to compete with for playing time. He has put up 30 points in two of his past three games, according to the Scout sites recruit stats page, and also hits a fair amount of 3s. I don't think MU should just throw the guy under the bus, but does anyone actually know much about him?

Edit: I also love that his name is Jamal!! Jamil, Jamail, Jamal...how cute.

Yes indeed this kid will be buried deep on the bench. He is currently ranked as the 10th best 2012 prospect in Virginia. Thats not impressive.

Would you want Buzz to pull a "Newbill" on him? I sure would.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »
What was Gardner ranked in Virginia? I doubt it was as high as tenth. The kid hasn't stepped on campus yet. Heck, there were people calling Butler a waste of a scholarship. No reason to talk about this right now.

feedback