collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507016 times)

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1950 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
It wasn't directly copy and pasted.  Giving a summary is fair use.

Good luck suing some anonymous user on the internet for not-exactly copying 6 sentences from a forum of information :P

Just dumbed down the synopsis even further...when in reality it was what everyone knew already.  Just in concise 8 bullet format.

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1951 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
Actually I don't think he does.

Especially if he thinks money is the issue. I thought it was all coming down to academic and discipline issues and Buzz accepting the restraints. It's a take it or leave it offer on the table now to Buzz isn't it?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #1952 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »
Only SMU18 and Buzz really know what's going on.

Closing in on 2,000 replies
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #1953 on: March 27, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
Since we aren't in the Big East yet, I don't think any provision like that would apply.  

I would imagine it would.  There are agreements to enhance the athletics and facilities of SMU, why wouldn't there be something in there regarding poaching recruits/coaching/administrative staff - or a general acceptance of BEast by-laws leading up to?  

So, anyone have a BEast agreement from a public school joining up?

(1953)
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1954 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
It wasn't directly copy and pasted.  Giving a summary is fair use.

Good luck suing some anonymous user on the internet for not-exactly copying 6 sentences from a forum of information :P

You are not anonymous Sally.  :D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1955 on: March 27, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »

Do the BOT & AD really think they can bring in a coach who is more concerned about the kids he brings in and molding them into men than Buzz?  Maybe they've put out feelers to the Pope.
Don't know what this has to do with my post you quoted, but assuming Buzz is not just full of BS (and I don't think he is, but if he's flirting with other jobs over ___ then who knows) they cannot do better than Buzz in this regard.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #1956 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »
That inside info from SMU added nothing that hasn't already been posted here.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1957 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »
You are not anonymous Sally.  :D

I'm anonymous to people that aren't admins here.  I expect you to protect my anonymity while I spout off! :p

And please refrain from using my real name any more!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1958 on: March 27, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
Since we aren't in the Big East yet, I don't think any provision like that would apply.  

I think there could be, but not sure if there is.  I asked the same question yesterday.  The BE has a transfer rule that does not allow transfers within conference.  I am too lazy to look it up right now, but I know you have to sit out two years.  I do not believe you may receive a scholarship - but the last part I am not 100% sure of.  

Now, when the BE expanded, did they include a clause that requires adherance of these rules?  That is the question.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #1959 on: March 27, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
So if the nightmare becomes reality, does that make Benford the most likely replacement?

That might not be too bad.  Didn't he land a lot of our recruits?  It's obviously a major key to keep the guys on board because in 2 years MU has clear top 10 talent.  That would be a necessary spring board to keep the program rolling....

JD

• All American
« Reply #1960 on: March 27, 2012, 02:48:10 PM »
So.....

Taco Bell now has the Nacho Dorito Taco shells am I correct?

See what i did there, as much substance as everything else in here, the only difference is mine is true.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1961 on: March 27, 2012, 02:49:58 PM »
So.....

See what i did there, as much substance as everything else in here, the only difference is mine is true.

Duh, Matt Christiano drove 965 miles just to get them!

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #1962 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »
So.....

You are correct, but I was not a fan.  Cheese dust gets everywhere and something is off about the flavor.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #1963 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
Duh, Matt Christiano drove 965 miles just to get them!

I wish that kid crashed his car. I hate that commercial.

JD

• All American
« Reply #1964 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
You are correct, but I was not a fan.  Cheese dust gets everywhere and something is off about the flavor.

Thank you, i'm glad out of all of this madness at least i now know, not to waste my time!

Cheers
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1965 on: March 27, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
So.....

wait, are those the ones you have to travel across the country to get. I think i saw a commercial about them. A car load of coeds drove thousands of miles to get them and they looked liked they had as much fun as those people in the mountain dew commercials

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1966 on: March 27, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »
This may be a time to point out or remind people that Buzz has no agent coordinating all this.

Out of curiosity if there comes the day that Buzz does hire an agent or has an unofficial sort of "advisor" doing the leg work on these such matters, is he obligated to update us on the message boards so we can refrain from reminding people this?

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1967 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »
Novak scored 7 last night in a victory against the Bucks.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1968 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
I wish that kid crashed his car. I hate that commercial.

you can get the best nachos in the city on like 19th and Center, or somewhere around there.  All the fixings, dumped on a bag of nacho doritos in a Styrofoam container. 

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1969 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »
Skatastrophy is a chick?

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1970 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »
Skatastrophy is a chick?

You can only tell if you get real close to her

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1971 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
So MU will have two admittance policies around JUCO's?  If you are a JUCO applying to the College of Communications and you qualify academically but DON"T play basketball, you are in.  If you are the same but PLAY basketball, you are out. I want a piece of that lawsuit settlement action.

Huh?  Never said that.  If JUCOs want to come to Marquette that's great.  Marquette won't deny their admission because they went to a JUCO.  That doesn't mean Buzz is forced to recruit JUCOs.  Pillarz and Williams could tell Buzz they only want him recruiting 4 year high school players.  If JUCOs want to apply for admission at Marquette and pay their own way, great.

Should people start throwing around lawsuits to any and all Division 1 sports programs that do not have JUCOs on their rosters?  These coaches can recruit whoever they want to.  If they choose not to recruit JUCOs for whatever reason, then they don't recruit JUCOs.  File lawsuits for that?  Good luck.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1972 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
Only SMU18 and Buzz really know what's going on.

you forgot about SMU17 and SMU20.....not to mention the other SMU #s in between.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #1973 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:36 PM »
I have a family at home and a business to run at work. And I can't stop reading this thread.

It really is like a car wreck on the side of the road. I can't look away even though I know this is much ado about nothing.

The whole thing with SMU is the classic butterfly that flapped its wings in Indonesia and caused a ripple that led to an epic thread on MUScoop.com.  
We Are Marquette

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1974 on: March 27, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
Don't know what this has to do with my post you quoted, but assuming Buzz is not just full of BS (and I don't think he is, but if he's flirting with other jobs over ___ then who knows) they cannot do better than Buzz in this regard.

Quoted the wrong thread.  With things flying so fast and furious I guess I lost my place.  Sorry.

feedback