collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507015 times)

MUMac

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1925 on: March 27, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »
I think the $6M number was completely unsubstantiated.  Someone threw it out there without intending it to be taken as factual and a few people (myself included) misunderstood and posted about it.  Then it magically became true.

Then it must be true.  That is the way the internet and message boards work ...

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #1926 on: March 27, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
77 pages on this? Really?

+1,000,000

This is like train wreck tv.  Buzz will be the coach @ MU next year.  Let's end the madness.

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
« Reply #1927 on: March 27, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
MU just sent this out:

Marquette Athletics‏@muathleticsReply

Join Head Coach Buzz Williams, staff and team as we celebrate the 2011-12 season! All are invited. http://ow.ly/9UHxg #mubb

and added this to the web page:

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032712aaa.html

maybe a good indication?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1928 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:30 PM »
+1,000,000

This is like train wreck tv.  Buzz will be the coach @ MU next year.  Let's end the madness.

We can not end this thread until it reaches record status.  How dare you say anything other than that

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1929 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »
MU just sent this out:

Join Head Coach Buzz Williams, staff and team as we celebrate the 2011-12 season! All are invited. http://ow.ly/9UHxg #mubb

maybe a good indication?

This is the third time someone's posted the same marketing email :P

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #1930 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »
I'm being paid for being at work today and doing very little work.   ;D

^ this
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1931 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »
MU just sent this out:

maybe a good indication?

Is Buzz gonna fly back from Dallas for this?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #1932 on: March 27, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
We can not end this thread until it reaches record status.  How dare you say anything other than that

I'll never be a top ten poster, but I'm hoping starting this most epic of delusional, unsubstantiated, freakout panic threads ever can get me in the record books.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:30:55 PM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1933 on: March 27, 2012, 02:25:30 PM »
I think the $6M number was completely unsubstantiated.  Someone threw it out there without intending it to be taken as factual and a few people (myself included) misunderstood and posted about it.  Then it magically became true.

Do the BOT & AD really think they can bring in a coach who is more concerned about the kids he brings in and molding them into men than Buzz?  Maybe they've put out feelers to the Pope.

dearest friend

• Walk-On
« Reply #1934 on: March 27, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »
Howie saying everything we all already know, in a more composed way.

http://www.insidemilwaukee.com/Article/3272012-BuzzMarquetteandtheFuture

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1935 on: March 27, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »
MU just sent this out:

That's so 100 pages ago.

maybe a good indication?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #1936 on: March 27, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »
OK.  I brought up something (3 pages, but 5 minutes ago) regarding BigEast regulations/bylaws on coaches leaving for other conference schools - in the same way that players cannot transfer between schools (which may be a gentleman's agreement for all I know). 

Does anyone know if any of the PUBLIC schools that are coming to the BEast have put their agreements on the internet? 

I know SMU isn't public, nor is the BEast - so FOIA requests and disclosure do not apply.  I would guess SMU's agreement wouldn't be much different than UCF's or Temple's for that matter.  I have looked and haven't found anything yet.
Curious if this is even something that is possibly under the guidelines.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Pony in DC

• Walk-On
« Reply #1937 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »
Don't take all these SMU trolls seriously.  They don't know anything yet.  I'm an alum of the SMU undergrad and law school-- not an insider or big donor type, just a fan.  I know as much as those guys do, which is nothing.  This is all speculation right now.

Whether we get Buzz or he stays with you, at least we have built up a nice little new Big East rivalry before even playing a game.  Congrats on the tourney run, even though you didn't get as far as you had hoped.  You have a great program that new Big East members should try to emulate.

I will say, however, that you shouldn't take info from the SMU subscriber site and post it here.  Pretty weak and it could get MUScoop into some legal trouble.  

Looking forward joining the Big East and coming up there for some great basketball.  

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #1938 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:43 PM »
Real quick note unrelated from the coach thing: someone here cut and pasted from the SMU rivals site and posted it here. It's a pay site and those dudes work hard for that info.  Not cool. Their moderator has requested that we refrain from doing that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:32:26 PM by awilhelmscream »

The Special Brew

• Walk-On
« Reply #1939 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »
Its embarrassing because the media will dig.  We saw it like 653 pages ago that someone posted that Seth Davis tweeted he'd be shocked if Buzz left for SMU.  If Buzz leaves, people like Seth are going to dig and the BOT, AD, and Prez won't be able to control everything that comes out and if they pushed out a coach that got to back to back sweet 16s and on the surface said all the right things they are going to lose that PR fight.  And lets face it, when its comes to PR and handling delicate situations the BOT is about as handy as a one legged man in ass kicking contest.

I'm not saying this is a great strategy for Buzz, but if he's truly unhappy with the admins this is his only play.

I think we'd all be shocked if he left for the SMU job. As people have said, it ain't KU or IU or MSU or UNC, etc. Saying the media will dig is like saying I'll crap later today. But will they find anything? I'd be shocked if they did...as you point out, with Buzz' accomplishments, it'd be plain stupid if the school tried to push him out (then again...). If he thinks the AD and BOT aren't supporting him enough, ok, fine...But a power play like this seems pretty amateur in using SMU. IL maybe, but what will he achieve or get out of this? More money, power, control? I dunno if this will work for that.

This may be a time to point out or remind people that Buzz has no agent coordinating all this.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:30:51 PM by The Special Brew »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #1940 on: March 27, 2012, 02:29:24 PM »
Is Buzz gonna fly back from Dallas for this?

I'll bet the rich SMU alums will lend him their plane.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1941 on: March 27, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »
I'll bet the rich SMU alums will lend him their plane.

Based on the contract he's getting from SMU, I bet he already bought his own plane.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1942 on: March 27, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
Real quick note unrelated from the coach thing: someone here cut and pasted from the rivals site and posted it here. It's a pay site and those dudes work hard for that info.  Not cool.

It wasn't directly copy and pasted.  Giving a summary is fair use.

Good luck suing some anonymous user on the internet for not-exactly copying 6 sentences from a forum of information :P

PonyFanz

• Walk-On
« Reply #1943 on: March 27, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
OK.  I brought up something (3 pages, but 5 minutes ago) regarding BigEast regulations/bylaws on coaches leaving for other conference schools - in the same way that players cannot transfer between schools (which may be a gentleman's agreement for all I know). 

Curious if this is even something that is possibly under the guidelines.

Since we aren't in the Big East yet, I don't think any provision like that would apply.  

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1944 on: March 27, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
This is the third time someone's posted the same marketing email :P

good job marketing department!

(will the head of marketing please report to Larry Williams' office, please)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1945 on: March 27, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
For what it's worth, Seth Davis tweeted, minutes ago, that he would be shocked if Buzz left. It's his job to know this stuff, and I think he knows more than anyone on this board about it.

Actually I don't think he does.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1946 on: March 27, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »
Since we aren't in the Big East yet, I don't think any provision like that would apply.  

I was under the impression that schools can set their own provisions (i.e. MU could say that a transfer can't go to Wisconsin).

Pony in DC

• Walk-On
« Reply #1947 on: March 27, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
It wasn't directly copy and pasted.  Giving a summary is fair use.

Good luck suing some anonymous user on the internet for not-exactly copying 6 sentences from a forum of information :P

It was directly copied and pasted.  No one would get sued, but the moderator of this site will be forced to remove that post and may possibly remove the entire thread (which actually may be a good thing for you guys).  Getting zero work done this week with all of this stuff...

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #1948 on: March 27, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »
This must be the most epic thread ever on MUScoop.
SS Marquette

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #1949 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
Actually I don't think he does.

Only SMU18 and Buzz really know what's going on.

feedback