[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507000 times)

TJ

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1900 on: March 27, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
I want to know who is floating the academics are an issue rumor?  I know for a fact the NCAA was in auditing MU's student athlete academic policy and support programs and they were recommended as a model for our universities.  So how is Buzz monkeying with academics?

If there is any truth to the friction I'm starting to really think this is the BOT and LW overreacting to the combination of off court issues, feeling Buzz is getting too big, and the issues popping up at UConn and Syracuse.  To me once again the BOT moves the wrong amount and in the wrong direction.

Just adding some rampant speculation to this otherwise sane thread
I think this is all a self fulling prophecy.  It was a nonissue until either Buzz or LW read starting reading this thread (they obviously couldn't have read all of it AND had time to have any heated discussions).

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1901 on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
Why wouldn't Buzz use Illinois as leverage vs SMU, too close to home and could impact recruiting?  

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1902 on: March 27, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
The other question is how sustainable is this thread?  I would think if Buzz is going they'd announce today otherwise how long could this thread possibly go?  If Buzz stays do they say anything, are we watching for white smoke or something??

I'm both grateful and terrified that I'm flying out to Seattle tomorrow morning.  Grateful because I won't have to refresh my browser every 5 minutes for the 6 hours I'll be traveling, but terrified that something bad will drop while I'm airborne.....and you never want something bad dropping while flying.  :o
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1903 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
The other question is how sustainable is this thread?  I would think if Buzz is going they'd announce today otherwise how long could this thread possibly go?  If Buzz stays do they say anything, are we watching for white smoke or something??

I'm both grateful and terrified that I'm flying out to Seattle tomorrow morning.  Grateful because I won't have to refresh my browser every 5 minutes for the 6 hours I'll be traveling, but terrified that something bad will drop while I'm airborne.....and you never want something bad dropping while flying.  :o
some airlines let you pay for wifi now.  Obviously you'll have to pony up.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1904 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

pun intended i presume

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1905 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »

Let's just hope Buzz doesn't "pony up".
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1906 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
Less than 500 posts to go until we pass the baseball pissing match and make this ridiculous thing the longest thread in MUScoop history!

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #1907 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »
~500 posts away from top posted thread; not even a top 10 viewed thread yet.

Damn you Starr Jones and D-Wade rumors.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1908 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
pun intended i presume
I almost added "(pun intended?)" to the end of the post.  Typed it and deleted it in fact.   ;D

brewcity'77

• Walk-On
« Reply #1909 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
isn't it about time to change the title of this car wreck?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1910 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
Less than 500 posts to go until we pass the baseball pissing match and make this ridiculous thing the longest thread in MUScoop history!

You have to lock threads at around 100 pages and start a new one.  It's a limitation of SMF forums iirc.

Otherwise the baseball pissing match would be well past 100 pages by now.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1911 on: March 27, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
Why wouldn't Buzz use Illinois as leverage vs SMU, too close to home and could impact recruiting?  

Because Illinois wouldn't have the same leverage.  It sounds like MU is ok with Buzz leaving, and they can explain away Illinois as a better job(its not but they could rationalize it).  With SMU nobody can spin that for a sustained amount of time and have it believable.  So the leverage with SMU is it would be wildly embarassing to MU whereas Illinois not so much.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1912 on: March 27, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »

Yeah I know, but I'd end up putting it on the corporate card and then doing very little corporate work :)

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1913 on: March 27, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
~500 posts away from top posted thread; not even a top 10 viewed thread yet.

Damn you Starr Jones and D-Wade rumors.
Actually the ratio of posts to views for this thread has been pretty amazing.

The Special Brew

• Walk-On
« Reply #1914 on: March 27, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »
Because Illinois wouldn't have the same leverage.  It sounds like MU is ok with Buzz leaving, and they can explain away Illinois as a better job(its not but they could rationalize it).  With SMU nobody can spin that for a sustained amount of time and have it believable.  So the leverage with SMU is it would be wildly embarassing to MU whereas Illinois not so much.

I ask this honestly, but why is it embarrassing to us? Our coach leaves for a huge payday at a terrible basketball school, which happens to be close to home. If you want to bring up issues within the BOT and AD, fine, but I still fail to understand how Marquette ends up looking silly.

If he leaves, he leaves. Nuff said, let's find a new coach.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1915 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »
Yeah I know, but I'd end up putting it on the corporate card and then doing very little corporate work :)
I'm being paid for being at work today and doing very little work.   ;D

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1916 on: March 27, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »

It's the American Way.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1917 on: March 27, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »
Actually, if Buzz left for SMU then MU could say "we did everything we could to keep him, but he wanted to go home...and we weren't matching $6 million." and most people would accept that.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #1918 on: March 27, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
Actually, if Buzz left for SMU then MU could say "we did everything we could to keep him, but he wanted to go home...and we weren't matching $6 million." and most people would accept that.

Unless things start leaking that the BOT was actually happy this offer came because it gave them an easy out.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #1919 on: March 27, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
77 pages on this? Really?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1920 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »
I ask this honestly, but why is it embarrassing to us? Our coach leaves for a huge payday at a terrible basketball school, which happens to be close to home. If you want to bring up issues within the BOT and AD, fine, but I still fail to understand how Marquette ends up looking silly.

If he leaves, he leaves. Nuff said, let's find a new coach.

Its embarrassing because the media will dig.  We saw it like 653 pages ago that someone posted that Seth Davis tweeted he'd be shocked if Buzz left for SMU.  If Buzz leaves, people like Seth are going to dig and the BOT, AD, and Prez won't be able to control everything that comes out and if they pushed out a coach that got to back to back sweet 16s and on the surface said all the right things they are going to lose that PR fight.  And lets face it, when its comes to PR and handling delicate situations the BOT is about as handy as a one legged man in ass kicking contest.

I'm not saying this is a great strategy for Buzz, but if he's truly unhappy with the admins this is his only play.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1921 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »

This assumes Buzz and/or his mouthpieces don't let the cat out of the bag.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #1922 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:42 PM »

Coach K isnt even worth 6 MIL! lol

PonyFanz

• Walk-On
« Reply #1923 on: March 27, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
Coach K isnt even worth 6 MIL! lol

If you have been stuck dating the ugly girls with bad skin, the above-average girl looks mighty good.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1924 on: March 27, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »
I think the $6M number was completely unsubstantiated.  Someone threw it out there without intending it to be taken as factual and a few people (myself included) misunderstood and posted about it.  Then it magically became true.