[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What is wrong with Providence coach Ed Cooleys head?  (Read 151257 times)

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
What is wrong with Providence coach Ed Cooleys head?
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Just noticed he has some condition on the back of his head.

Clam Crowder

• All American
Re: What is wrong with Providence coach Ed Cooleys head?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »
yup he has a condition on the back of his head...you just answered your own question in your own post. He has a skin condition

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
Ask 4ever, like Otter he's a triple major in pre-law, pre-dent, and pre-med.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:23:54 AM »
I wasn't asked, but I would guess he has vitiligo;  a condition where your autoimmune system thinks the pigment in your skin is attacking your body.  It results in areas of no pigment.  Especially apparent on dark skinned individuals.  Michael Jackson claimed he had it and took the step of bleaching all pigment from his skin so as not to appear blotchy.  No known cause, no known cure, irreversible.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:01:42 AM »

Yes, thank you, it's call providencitis. Similar to crotch rot, but confined to those, with the thankless job, of coaching men's basketball at PC.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »
As a basketball junkie, and living close to the Bridgeport Arena where Fairfield U plays, I went to many games coached by Cooley, and always wondered what the problem was.  I thought it was burns or something like that.  Anyway, the guy is the exact opposite of his predecessor at Providence, as he is a defense first, second and third kind of coach and an excellent recruiter.  His teams at Fairfield were successful but played a dull brand of basketball.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
Neat reply, hags.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:56:15 AM »
Neat reply, hags.

I thought it was pretty neat. How neat is that? and to the person that insulted the coaching job at PC, look at their recruiting class next year and you will realize Cooley was a home run hire. Ledo and Dunn are going to be studs and they lose absolutely no one from this years team. The freshman Henton on this years team plays alot like Zar. PC will be pretty good for the next couple of years.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:01:36 AM by jhags15 »

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
I thought it was pretty neat. How neat is that? and to the person that insulted the coaching job at PC, look at their recruiting class next year and you will realize Cooley was a home run hire. Ledo and Dunn are going to be studs and they lose absolutely no one from this years team. The freshman Henton on this years team plays alot like Zar. PC will be pretty good for the next couple of years.

Does that game at Providence College scare anybody after they b*tch-slapped UL last night?
The "average fan" is an idiot.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
I liked jhags reply because nothing is more annoying on a message board than someone using it because they are too lazy to actually use Google.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
Does that game at Providence College scare anybody after they b*tch-slapped UL last night?

Every Big East road game will be tough.  UConn lost at Rutgers and a much-improved Seton Hall in back to back games.  Imagine the meltdown here if those were our losses instead of at #1 Syracuse and #9 Georgetown!  Hell the home games won't be gimmes either.  St. John's just beat Cincy @ Cincy, who then turned around and won at Georgetown.  What's to say St. John's can't come in here and win tonight?  There's top talent on every Big East roster.  I could see Melvin, Young and Kelly from DePaul giving us fits too.  Just gotta get to 10 wins, get one in the Big East tournament and see what we can do in the dance.  Anything on top of that is gravy at this point.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
Every Big East road game will be tough.  UConn lost at Rutgers and a much-improved Seton Hall in back to back games.  Imagine the meltdown here if those were our losses instead of at #1 Syracuse and #9 Georgetown!  Hell the home games won't be gimmes either.  St. John's just beat Cincy @ Cincy, who then turned around and won at Georgetown.  What's to say St. John's can't come in here and win tonight?  There's top talent on every Big East roster.  I could see Melvin, Young and Kelly from DePaul giving us fits too.  Just gotta get to 10 wins, get one in the Big East tournament and see what we can do in the dance.  Anything on top of that is gravy at this point.

You had me until the last two sentences.

1 BE tourney win and just "getting into" the dance would not be a "good year" IMO. In fact, I'd say that would be a disappointing year...(even without Otule).

Nobody remembers WHY you finish where you did (injurys to players - DJ, Travis, etc) as offopsed to HOW/WHERE you finish.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »
You had me until the last two sentences.

1 BE tourney win and just "getting into" the dance would not be a "good year" IMO. In fact, I'd say that would be a disappointing year...(even without Otule).

Nobody remembers WHY you finish where you did (injurys to players - DJ, Travis, etc) as offopsed to HOW/WHERE you finish.

To be clear, I'm saying that's the bear minimum we should accomplish.  I think we have an opportunity to go 13-5, but there's not a huge margin of error between that and 10-8 with the way this Big East season has begun for us and everyone else.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »

The DD Center is not an easy venue to play on the road, but I'm not, and I don't think the team is "scared."  If you play as poorly as Louisville did last night, and PC plays as well as they've played all season, then yes, you'll get blown out.   
Let's win these next three at home, then head there ready to play some defense by shutting down Council and not letting Batts and some of their bigs get easy scores. 

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »
To be clear, I'm saying that's the bear minimum we should accomplish.  I think we have an opportunity to go 13-5, but there's not a huge margin of error between that and 10-8 with the way this Big East season has begun for us and everyone else.

Agreed. I can go with that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 07:54:04 PM »

Hoopalooping this for a great line from Murs

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »
Just noticed he has some condition on the back of his head.
Is that the first time you have watched PC over the years.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
This is a really, really stupid thread.

Mods.

In before the lock.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
This is a really, really stupid thread.

Mods.

In before the lock.

Not sure that'll happen, it is over a year old already.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »
Could be alopecia? Or...
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »
Mange.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 06:02:48 PM »
Hey, BrewCity BallCrusher my son has alopecia and gets a lot of BS comments like yours.  He's eleven and doesn't deserve those kind of comments.  Maybe you need to grow up a little.  Perhaps if you had to deal with daily comments like yours you would understand.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »
Hey, BrewCity BallCrusher my son has alopecia and gets a lot of BS comments like yours.  He's eleven and doesn't deserve those kind of comments.  Maybe you need to grow up a little.  Perhaps if you had to deal with daily comments like yours you would understand.

+1,000,000

This is the stupidest thread I've ever read here and I've seen some bad ones!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »

The bigger question that inquiring minds want to know and would ask is:

WHAT WRONG IS ON OR IN YOUR HEAD FOR ASKING THIS AND MAKING A THREAD OUT OF IT? What's in your head? Delirium? Lock this....very tacky.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:38:39 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »
Hey, I apologize to anyone I offended with my comment.  Especially if there were any kids affected.  I would never direct a wisecrack like that at a child.  Sometimes there's a really fine line between humor and insensitivity and I guess I fell on the wrong side of that line for some of you. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.