[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Follow up on Tribune's assault story  (Read 29704 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Follow up on Tribune's assault story
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »

I'm not saying it isn't the nature of the beast.  I just find it disgusting that people jump to conclusions that she is simply "a woman scorned," or that she "likes being the victim."  I guess on a men's basketball board, I think discussing the nature and motives of a potential rape victim is a little unseemly.  If the mods are going to let it happen, that is fine by me.  But that means I most certainly will let my opinion be known.

Keep in mind that just because someone speculates, it doesn't mean they're jumping to that conclusion. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
Sultan, everyone here knows that no one on this board knows what actually happened.  Everyone is just speculating.

Due to some of the pretty strange claims the girl made, what is wrong with speculating?  No one is claiming to know for a fact what happened.

Kim Jung Il has said he shot a 38 on a par 72 course, including 5 holes-in-one during his first time golfing.  Is it ok if we speculate that this may not have happened?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »

Kim Jung Il has said he shot a 38 on a par 72 course, including 5 holes-in-one during his first time golfing.  Is it ok if we speculate that this may not have happened?

That would not be okay, Hans.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
There is a reason why 15 to 20 of us rarely post here any longer, as commented in the bannings thread on the other Scoop board.  Nothing changes with several of you.  Some folks were banned that added some value on occasion and yet the same few guys that were constantly involved in the sniping, you in particular, remain to soil this board.

Sultan's comments are right on target. 

After reading the Tribune the other day and seeing my alma mater on the front page (again), it comes as no surprise to me to see so many posters trashing the young lady, putting the blame on her, absolving the players and university of everything. It really is a site to see.  One of my favorites was the analysis of how her social status with her friends proves her guilt.  Yes, because 18 and 19 year old kids and how they choose to hang out with others should be the standard by which we judge a person.

Generally, when someone is a true fan/alum of a school, they tend to support the university/school/team, etc. - not always post on the contrary - taking the side of the opposition.  In your 70+ posts, 95% of them skew negative toward Marquette...and the 5% that could be construed as positive seemingly involved Tom Crean/Indiana U...

Last thought, do you always take the "she said" side in "he said/she said" cases - yet you've never even heard the "he said" side of this story??  Why so quick to assume the girl is on the up and up, and the guys/players are at fault?  Guilty until proven innocent in your view? 

And as for the 4 or 5 posters that don't post here a whole lot anymore - you are not missed.  The board tends to be a much more harmonious place without the crap of you, Chicos, Marquette 84 and Willie Warrior.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
And as for the 4 or 5 posters that don't post here a whole lot anymore - you are not missed. 

I miss bma.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »

I miss bma.

Agree - Good point...and why does he not post here anymore?  Largely because of the departed members...specifically Chicos, and probably 84 and Willie Warrior.  BMA still seems to post on the Scout board (where Chicos is banned), so seems plausible BMA took issue with Chicos as did many here.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »
Agree - Good point...and why does he not post here anymore?  Largely because of the departed members...specifically Chicos, and probably 84 and Willie Warrior.  BMA still seems to post on the Scout board (where Chicos is banned), so seems plausible BMA took issue with Chicos as did many here.

My understanding is that it was more than Chicos.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »

So someone e-mailed me a link to this, and beyond the fact that I think you're all a bunch of women who need to find something better to occupy your time with, I figured it was time to set the record straight so no one gets the wrong idea.

It's been awhile, so let's play a little game and every body see if they can follow along.  I've been posting on MU related boards since the mid 1990s, most of that time Chicos and MU84 have been posters as well.  I am, theoretically at least, a contributor to Cracked Sidewalks a website started by Chicos where MU84 is also a contributor.  Never had a problem with either one of them in those all those years, either on the boards or on CS.  Then, in 2009 a member joined this board who's behavior I found so objectionable that within a year I could no longer read this board.  Any body want to take a guess on who that member was?  DING DING DING if you said Ners, you're a f'n winner.

Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore.  Your constant verbal fellating of Buzz, your inability to take off the Blue and Gold glasses, your willingness to attack anyone who might express even the slightest of bit of an opposing view, your inability to make a coherent argument without resorting to name calling....all of those make people(myself especially) want to leave this board.  Couple that with your inability to ever let anything go, and your stalker like behavior following posters from thread to thread attacking them, and this place has become downright unreadable since you became a member.  Chicos and 84 weren't the problem, you turned them into one.  If you had never joined, they'd still be here as the same thing they'd always been...occasionally annoying, but unlike yourself never actually malicious....and as a result I'd still be here.  Make sense? Clear enough for you?  Maybe next time you'll stay away from trying to explain my decisions?

With all that said, time for me to go again.  Have fun everyone...maybe I'll be back in the future, maybe not.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Hooo-leeee crap....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »
Wow. That's been long overdue.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »
So someone e-mailed me a link to this, and beyond the fact that I think you're all a bunch of women who need to find something better to occupy your time with, I figured it was time to set the record straight so no one gets the wrong idea.

It's been awhile, so let's play a little game and every body see if they can follow along.  I've been posting on MU related boards since the mid 1990s, most of that time Chicos and MU84 have been posters as well.  I am, theoretically at least, a contributor to Cracked Sidewalks a website started by Chicos where MU84 is also a contributor.  Never had a problem with either one of them in those all those years, either on the boards or on CS.  Then, in 2009 a member joined this board who's behavior I found so objectionable that within a year I could no longer read this board.  Any body want to take a guess on who that member was?  DING DING DING if you said Ners, you're a f'n winner.

Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore.  Your constant verbal fellating of Buzz, your inability to take off the Blue and Gold glasses, your willingness to attack anyone who might express even the slightest of bit of an opposing view, your inability to make a coherent argument without resorting to name calling....all of those make people(myself especially) want to leave this board.  Couple that with your inability to ever let anything go, and your stalker like behavior following posters from thread to thread attacking them, and this place has become downright unreadable since you became a member.  Chicos and 84 weren't the problem, you turned them into one.  If you had never joined, they'd still be here as the same thing they'd always been...occasionally annoying, but unlike yourself never actually malicious....and as a result I'd still be here.  Make sense? Clear enough for you?  Maybe next time you'll stay away from trying to explain my decisions?

With all that said, time for me to go again.  Have fun everyone...maybe I'll be back in the future, maybe not.

Wow.  The irony.  Not even sure where to start - perhaps you don't post as much anymore BMA because you aren't in the inner circle anymore, and don't really have any insider information?  Ball game has changed for you since Buzz became the coach?

Stalker?  Me?  I believe Chicos is the one who resorts to trying to learn of people through God knows what means.  Calling Canadian Dimes by his first name, Lenny's Tap, me, etc.?  How on earth did Chicos ever track down peoples names??  I know (and dropped Chicos name here), from having worked game day operations from 1993-1997...and was made aware of who he was by another here.  If I turned Chicos into a problem, why was the guy banned from the Scout Board??  Am I to blame for that as well?

Maybe you need to grow a sack, and not be so sensitive?  So I've called people out here with their hypocrisy - and that makes me malicious?  And while you are still around - go read some of my first posts here - they were Pro-Crean...but after dealing with the constant passive aggressive jabs at Buzz from 84 and Chicos...over and over and over...I began to defend the hell out of Buzz.  Turns out Buzz has been pretty damn good for Marquette...and deserved our support and not the crap Chicos and 84 threw around here.  Pardon me for having a little bit of intuition and recognition of talent when it comes to a head coach...while many short sighted idiots want to throw the guy under the bus after every close WIN to UWM, or loss to DePaul, or whatever other garbage the knee jerkers here come up with.  Sorry for asking fellow fans to have a little perspective and not go way off the deep end.  Pardon me for getting tired of some of the ignorance posted on this board with regard to calling 19 year old kids "Choking Dogs who pee themselves," or guys who rip the hell out of Vander, our JUCO's, etc..  Who are the kids here??  Feel like having to channel Mike Gundy for a minute..who's the kid here?

So sorry that I've caused you to retire from Scoop and that my malicious posts were just too much.  Rather ironic that you just maliciously attacked me.  Nonetheless, good for you for finally speaking your feelings on the matter.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2011, 07:39:29 PM »
Wow.  The irony.  Not even sure where to start - perhaps you don't post as much anymore BMA because you aren't in the inner circle anymore, and don't really have any insider information?  Ball game has changed for you since Buzz became the coach?

His posts on the Scout premium site don't indicate that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »

His posts on the Scout premium site don't indicate that.

Hmm...I don't recall seeing any inside info from BMA on the Scout Premium site?  It's been all Mark Miller, IWB, Ilbullseye - with regard to any real inside scoop.  In my experience BMA seems to repost what Miller, IWB, Roy/Harv Schmidt post/break.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2011, 07:52:09 PM »
So someone e-mailed me a link to this, and beyond the fact that I think you're all a bunch of women who need to find something better to occupy your time with...

Hey, I resemble that!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »
The smart play here would be to "let it go."
Ludum habemus.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
Hooo-leeee crap....

November 11th can't come soon enough.  Then this "basketball" board can actually go back to normalcy.

I actually enjoyed reading BMA's posts and where he received his info didn't matter to me.  I also enjoyed Willie and his amusing rampages.  The responses to his, at times lunatic notions, were outstanding.  That is the reason I like the Scoop.  But these personal vendettas as to why, where, how, when and even mis-spelled words have gotten old.  

Lets get back to b-ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »
The smart play here would be to "let it go."

You would think, but Ners will probably start fighting everyone here.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2011, 08:16:05 PM »
I haven't been to Cracked Sidewalks since the infamous "Choking Dogs" post referenced above and will never go back as that ludicrous rant really crossed the line for a supposed "fan" site.  Now that I know that site was started by Chicos, I'm certain I've made the right decision.  Thanks BMA!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »
Should this thread be renamed to the MUScoop assual story?   ::)

Could have used without this garbage.  Nice personal attack bma, frankly, you should have kept that to yourself.  Are you any better than Ners? 

Hopefully this thread gets deleted.  Childishness.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:48 PM »

You know there's an "Ignore" feature, right?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
Wow.  The irony.  Not even sure where to start - perhaps you don't post as much anymore BMA because you aren't in the inner circle anymore, and don't really have any insider information?  Ball game has changed for you since Buzz became the coach?

Stalker?  Me?  I believe Chicos is the one who resorts to trying to learn of people through God knows what means.  Calling Canadian Dimes by his first name, Lenny's Tap, me, etc.?  How on earth did Chicos ever track down peoples names??  I know (and dropped Chicos name here), from having worked game day operations from 1993-1997...and was made aware of who he was by another here.  If I turned Chicos into a problem, why was the guy banned from the Scout Board??  Am I to blame for that as well?

Maybe you need to grow a sack, and not be so sensitive?  So I've called people out here with their hypocrisy - and that makes me malicious?  And while you are still around - go read some of my first posts here - they were Pro-Crean...but after dealing with the constant passive aggressive jabs at Buzz from 84 and Chicos...over and over and over...I began to defend the hell out of Buzz.  Turns out Buzz has been pretty damn good for Marquette...and deserved our support and not the crap Chicos and 84 threw around here.  Pardon me for having a little bit of intuition and recognition of talent when it comes to a head coach...while many short sighted idiots want to throw the guy under the bus after every close WIN to UWM, or loss to DePaul, or whatever other garbage the knee jerkers here come up with.  Sorry for asking fellow fans to have a little perspective and not go way off the deep end.  Pardon me for getting tired of some of the ignorance posted on this board with regard to calling 19 year old kids "Choking Dogs who pee themselves," or guys who rip the hell out of Vander, our JUCO's, etc..  Who are the kids here??  Feel like having to channel Mike Gundy for a minute..who's the kid here?

So sorry that I've caused you to retire from Scoop and that my malicious posts were just too much.  Rather ironic that you just maliciously attacked me.  Nonetheless, good for you for finally speaking your feelings on the matter.  

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »
Hopefully this thread gets deleted.  Childishness.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2011, 11:49:01 PM »

So... what you're saying is that BMA was entirely correct in his assessment? Ok, just wanted to make sure, because you just exhibited pretty much every behavior he accused you of.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2011, 11:51:05 PM »
Gosh, I didn't think this was going to turn into the "Follow up on MUScoop poster of the past assaults MUScoop poster of the present, both vying for to be a poster of the future".

Locked for childishness, sorry to those that wanted to discuss the actual topic.