collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 797677 times)

drewm88

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #3600 on: November 02, 2021, 09:21:11 AM »
Still alive in the Carabao Cup….

Credit to Arsenal that they've had a solid couple months after that disastrous August. With a decently soft schedule coming up (and the gift of drawing Sunderland in the Carabao), Arteta should be safe and have them in an interesting position come January. Looking forward to seeing if they blow it this fall or wait until they get their fans' hopes up and blow it in the spring.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3601 on: November 02, 2021, 12:30:35 PM »
Spurs won El Sackico.  Conte in.  Ole still at the wheel.

How tf did they convince Conte to come at this juncture?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3602 on: November 02, 2021, 12:33:00 PM »

This time they gave him what he wanted.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3603 on: November 02, 2021, 12:42:04 PM »

Yea, I assumed Levy was being stingy or steadfast in his demands over the summer but now acquiesced out of desperation

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3604 on: November 02, 2021, 12:54:49 PM »

Conte apparently is a big Kane fan, and among the reasons for his hesitancy over the summer was the uncertainty over whether or not Spurs would sell him.
The other issue that's been settled is that with things reopened in London and another lockdown seeming highly unlikely, the club can count on stadium revenues that 5-6 months ago were far less assured.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3605 on: November 02, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »
Conte apparently is a big Kane fan, and among the reasons for his hesitancy over the summer was the uncertainty over whether or not Spurs would sell him.
The other issue that's been settled is that with things reopened in London and another lockdown seeming highly unlikely, the club can count on stadium revenues that 5-6 months ago were far less assured.

Bingo.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3606 on: November 03, 2021, 11:14:00 PM »
I know it’s MLS, but this is messed up. Must be something in the water at Soldier Field with management being idiots.

https://twitter.com/ChrisRifer/status/1456103773500178433

Fire “told "seven players, six regular starters" that they won't be back next year, and those players don't plan to play on Decision Day.”
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3607 on: November 04, 2021, 07:55:40 AM »
I know it’s MLS, but this is messed up. Must be something in the water at Soldier Field with management being idiots.

https://twitter.com/ChrisRifer/status/1456103773500178433

Fire “told "seven players, six regular starters" that they won't be back next year, and those players don't plan to play on Decision Day.”

Befitting its name, that organization needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt from scratch.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3608 on: November 06, 2021, 10:57:32 AM »
Any other club, I’d say losing 7-0 aggregate at home against your two biggest rivals in a two week stretch would get a manager fired, but United are run so poorly that Ole will most definitely see the end of the season.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3609 on: November 06, 2021, 12:13:33 PM »
Any other club, I’d say losing 7-0 aggregate at home against your two biggest rivals in a two week stretch would get a manager fired, but United are run so poorly that Ole will most definitely see the end of the season.

I don’t know how much you can expect from a club with such meager, budget talent

• All American
« Reply #3610 on: November 06, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »

My guess is that he's gone by the end of the year.  Right now, who would they hire? 

Ponch may end up there next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3611 on: November 06, 2021, 03:36:43 PM »
My guess is that he's gone by the end of the year.  Right now, who would they hire? 

Ponch may end up there next year.

Erik ten Hag is the name that a lot of MU fans want.  The list of managers that would be an upgrade over Ole is much longer; Fonseca, Favre, Bosz, Gasperini.  It sounds like Eddie Howe is heading to Newcastle, but there are still quite a few very highly regarded names floating out there.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 03:40:02 PM by Its DJOver »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3612 on: November 06, 2021, 07:50:30 PM »
Erik ten Hag is the name that a lot of MU fans want.  The list of managers that would be an upgrade over Ole is much longer; Fonseca, Favre, Bosz, Gasperini.  It sounds like Eddie Howe is heading to Newcastle, but there are still quite a few very highly regarded names floating out there.

Ten Hag…cause the last Dutch manger at United with no PL experience as a player or manager went so well.  I think Fonseca is very interesting for them.  Favre feels like he’d be out of his depth and Gasperini has too good of a thing to trade in for United drama

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3613 on: November 07, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »
Fair. Personally I think Ten Hag would do very well in the Prem and have significantly more success than LVG, and unless he’s really happy having his team poached every five years it’s only a matter of time before he gets a job at a “big” club somewhere in Europe.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3614 on: November 12, 2021, 06:40:49 AM »
This is the one that you always circle on your calendar.  Sure Nations League and Gold Cups are nice, but if you want to really announce that the next generation has arrived, this is where it needs to be done.  Mid 40s and a 50% chance of rain tonight in Cincy, wouldn't mind knocking 5-10 more degrees of that, whatever it takes to keep Mexico as uncomfortable as possible.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3615 on: November 12, 2021, 09:44:39 AM »
This is the one that you always circle on your calendar.  Sure Nations League and Gold Cups are nice, but if you want to really announce that the next generation has arrived, this is where it needs to be done.  Mid 40s and a 50% chance of rain tonight in Cincy, wouldn't mind knocking 5-10 more degrees of that, whatever it takes to keep Mexico as uncomfortable as possible.

Just keep the crowd free of homophobic chants and the sidelines free of bottles and bags of urine being thrown, they will be so uncomfortable and out of place, might as well be playing on the moon

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3616 on: November 12, 2021, 09:51:33 AM »

Injuries to some of USMNTs best, unfortunately

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3617 on: November 12, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »
CONCACAF gonna CONCACAF

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3618 on: November 12, 2021, 09:44:43 PM »
Captain fuc**ng America

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3619 on: November 12, 2021, 09:45:19 PM »
Nice of them to wait until the MU game was over to score.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3620 on: November 12, 2021, 09:55:24 PM »
It’s that score line again.

• All American
« Reply #3621 on: November 13, 2021, 06:21:54 AM »
Too bad Honduras couldn't hold on.  Otherwise a perfect night with Canada winning.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3622 on: November 13, 2021, 07:57:34 AM »
Really enjoyable to watch. I know the announcers talked about Mexico having the better first half, but while they had the better chances, they were all on the counter. I think we mostly played how we wanted and I really liked how Weah played. It wasn't a great half, but it was fine and Steffen stepped up to stop shots when needed.

The second was great. Obviously the return of Pulisic and the goal, then the Dos a Cero scoreline again, but really it was just looking like we were in control against a quality opponent. I've been up and down on Berhalter but, considering where we now stand, particularly after how we all felt at halftime of the Honduras match, he's done a great job regrouping. In the past 4.5 games, they've taken 12 points.

If they can get the win at Jamaica, qualification is virtually assured, especially with home games left against the two teams at the bottom of the table. I'm cautiously optimistic.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3623 on: November 13, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »
Weah and Zimmerman best guys on the field. Steffen saved the bacon in the first half setting up the opportunity to perform in the second and the team took it. Berhalter must have some halftime voodoo with his little notebook because the team clearly responds, at some point, after the break.

Still wondering how Herrera didn't get booked for the tackle on the man in the mirror.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3624 on: November 15, 2021, 02:39:25 PM »
It's really dumb that we are playing Jamaica at 4:00 pm on a Tuesday. Even in EST (where Jamaica is) it's 5:00 pm. Really early. Not at all a fan.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback