[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 800328 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #3575 on: October 19, 2021, 06:33:16 PM »
I would assume this does away with all confederation competitions.

Just constant cycles of quals and WC

that's got to be the idea. Why would UEFA and the others make the money FIFA could be making and squeezing out of more hosts now.

Un-f'ing-believable.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3576 on: October 19, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3389654/fifa-wanted-dollar1-billion-so-ea-sports-is-ending-a-3-decade-long-partnership

I could be wrong, but I don't think this will affect any of the leagues.  So EA FC, or whatever the new game that EA inevitably makes, could still feature all the EPL, La Liga, etc... content it would just affect some of their International play stuff, as well as the title.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3577 on: October 21, 2021, 07:44:45 PM »
USWNT decidedly not dominating Korea.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3578 on: October 23, 2021, 08:26:36 AM »
If I were a Norwich fan, I think I would prefer playing in the Championship since their approach the the Premier League is so uninspiring.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3579 on: October 23, 2021, 09:59:31 AM »
If I were a Norwich fan, I think I would prefer playing in the Championship since their approach the the Premier League is so uninspiring.

At least you're playing for something then.  As opposed to just existing.  Like Arsenal fans.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3580 on: October 23, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »

That’s what I said when they got promoted. You knew they were gonna get battered and there was no intrigue.  Their owners and stadium and everything is a cute story but not when they’ve been yo-yoing forever.  This will be their 6th relegation from the EPL.  2 goals in 9 is embarrassing.

Sargent’s move is looking like a big mistake

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3581 on: October 23, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
Sargent’s move is looking like a big mistake

Not necessarily. He gets a year on Premier League wages and if he does well, either he earns a transfer when they go down or gets to prove himself in a solid league.

As a Reading fan, I'd always rather be in the PL. It's really hard to follow a Championship side from this side of the pond. If you're dedicated and have time you can do it, but it's far easier to follow a Prem side.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3582 on: October 23, 2021, 01:05:26 PM »
Not necessarily. He gets a year on Premier League wages and if he does well, either he earns a transfer when they go down or gets to prove himself in a solid league.

As a Reading fan, I'd always rather be in the PL. It's really hard to follow a Championship side from this side of the pond. If you're dedicated and have time you can do it, but it's far easier to follow a Prem side.

How much is a striker going to impress or “earn a transfer” playing for a club that will be lucky to net 20-25 goals this season?  I get why you make a move to the EPL, but a young international capped striker going to a club like Norwich seems like a dead end. He’s only 21, he has years of high level earning potential.  A season making $1MM or so more at the expense of improving your profile seems ehh. I’m not saying he should have stayed at a relegated Werder Bremen, just that Norwich wasn’t ideal.  Feels like Altidore’s mess at Hull City

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3583 on: October 23, 2021, 01:51:19 PM »
How much is a striker going to impress or “earn a transfer” playing for a club that will be lucky to net 20-25 goals this season?  I get why you make a move to the EPL, but a young international capped striker going to a club like Norwich seems like a dead end. He’s only 21, he has years of high level earning potential.  A season making $1MM or so more at the expense of improving your profile seems ehh. I’m not saying he should have stayed at a relegated Werder Bremen, just that Norwich wasn’t ideal.  Feels like Altidore’s mess at Hull City

Meh. Kevin Doyle tore up the Championship in 2006, okay in two PL seasons with Reading, then great again when they were relegated. He was bought by Wolves and back in the Prem a year after relegation. Shane Long did nothing in the Prem but made the most when he became Reading's primary striker after relegation. He was bought back into the PL and has been there over a decade.

If he has the game, he'll get back. Maybe he'll have to toil a bit in the Championship, but it's not like he didn't know relegation was a real possibility when he came. Like you said, he's 21, plenty of time to grow into a viable international.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3584 on: October 23, 2021, 06:25:45 PM »

Aren't Championship games on ESPN+?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3585 on: October 23, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
That Watford vs. Everton match was on crack today.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3586 on: October 23, 2021, 08:26:07 PM »

I believe so, but I don't subscribe to ESPN's online.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3587 on: October 23, 2021, 09:13:03 PM »

Some. I think about 1/3 of Fulham games have been on ESPN+ so far. The rest have been available in the US solely on the Fulham FC app.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3588 on: October 23, 2021, 09:14:01 PM »
huh, no one cared about my Arsenal comment.  You guys all owners of Arsenal or something?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3589 on: October 23, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »
I believe so, but I don't subscribe to ESPN's online.

Do the hulu bundle w/ Disney + and espn +.

Disney for your kids, espn + for you

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3590 on: October 24, 2021, 06:40:47 AM »
Do the hulu bundle w/ Disney + and espn +.

Disney for your kids, espn + for you

I got Disney+ for me and signed up for 3 years months before it launched. I'll probably look at it after that deal runs out.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3591 on: October 24, 2021, 11:40:55 AM »
Mo Salah is SUPERHUMAN.  I don't know if anyone is better in the world right now.

Liverpool is singlehandedly sending Ole back to Norway

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3592 on: October 25, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
At least you're playing for something then.  As opposed to just existing.  Like Arsenal fans.

huh, no one cared about my Arsenal comment.  You guys all owners of Arsenal or something?

Arsenal played for something last year. And won.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3593 on: October 25, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »

Arsenal played for something last year. And won.

Wooo, the Community Shield!!!

Haven't finished top 4 in 5 years and trending down.  Havent finished above 5th since Wenger left and doesn't seem likely this year.  But hey, FA Cups, woot woot.

Arsenal fans 10-15 years ago would have obnoxiously mocked Chelsea, United, Liverpool, etc... for bragging about an FA Cup.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3594 on: October 25, 2021, 12:03:12 PM »

Haven't finished top 4 in 5 years and trending down.  Havent finished above 5th since Wenger left and doesn't seem likely this year.  But hey, FA Cups, woot woot.

Arsenal fans 10-15 years ago would have obnoxiously mocked Chelsea, United, Liverpool, etc... for bragging about an FA Cup.

100%

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3595 on: October 25, 2021, 06:10:01 PM »

100%

It didn't need a commentary as it's reality they won the FA Cup last year. Thus why the guy's joke about just existing landed with a thud. That's it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3596 on: October 25, 2021, 06:12:32 PM »

It didn't need a commentary as it's reality they won the FA Cup last year. Thus why the guy's joke about just existing landed with a thud. That's it.

hang a banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3597 on: October 25, 2021, 06:20:34 PM »

2 seasons ago**

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3598 on: October 26, 2021, 08:24:52 PM »
Still alive in the Carabao Cup….
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3599 on: November 02, 2021, 07:04:21 AM »
Spurs won El Sackico.  Conte in.  Ole still at the wheel.