collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Who will win the NFC?

Bears
48 (34.5%)
Packers
91 (65.5%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author Topic: Packers vs. Bears Insanity  (Read 54358 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Packers vs. Bears Insanity
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2011, 08:26:41 AM »
Typical, just keep up personally attacks instead of using a logical argument. Congrats, you're the first person I've used the "ignore" button on.

Victory!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »

This Bear looks like he's on the same friggin steroid Secretariat was on.  No anabolic steroids (or more likely these days HGH) have never gotten into the Bears program. ::)

Of course they have.  Any NFL fan who points to opponents and cries roids is either naive or dense on the subject.  It's a waste of time.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:24 AM »

This Bear looks like he's on the same friggin steroid Secretariat was on.  No anabolic steroids (or more likely these days HGH) have never gotten into the Bears program. ::)

Of course they have.  Any NFL fan who points to opponents and cries roids is either naive or dense on the subject.  It's a waste of time.

Well, you sure seem to be wasting a lot of time on it.

LON

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »
I'm just surprised that all the CHI fans managed to find their Bears jerseys again after they got buried under all their new Blackhawks swag...

/throws grenade
//I love hate-week

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »
I'm just surprised that all the CHI fans managed to find their Bears jerseys again after they got buried under all their new Blackhawks swag...

/throws grenade
//I love hate-week

While they're hunting they can dig out the Cubs gear for when pitchers and catchers report on Feb 14th.  This is finally the year when they end the drought.

/Reads newspaper article on the sh*tty job Ricketts has done thus far
//Looks at Cubs roster

Bwahahahahaha!!!

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »
"As far as football rivalries we're both number 1"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:18 AM »
Lighten up, Francis. Also, none of those guys who you mentioned were undersized back-ups in HS who suddenly gained 80+ pounds of muscle.

Fair enough.  What about Jordan then?  Cut his sophomore year to best player ever?  Skinnier than me in college (that's definitely saying something) to a pretty strong guy.  I definitely don't believe Jordon was on roids (or a lot of those guys...wouldn't surprise me if Wade - seriously, look at the size of his 2 years ago to now compared to when he was at MU - Peterson, or Lebron was at some piont), but just because a guy wasn't an amazing player at one point and then became one doesn't mean he is on roids.

To go along with that, in my opinion Clay Matthews is good because of his work effort.  You've seen the guy play...he just NEVER stops.  He doesn't take plays off, he doesn't go at it half-heartedly.  Every play he is going balls to the walls.  Obviously he has athletic talent in that he is extremely strong and very fast, but to me what makes him very good is his motor, and that has nothing to do with his physical tools.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2011, 09:59:33 AM »
Absoluetly nothing to do with the bears/packers.  But in all honesty, that guys rendition of the national anthem sucked big time.  On a side note, the bears fans screaming and cheering during the beginning, middle and end of the anthem was bad also.

My assumption is you've never seen/heard of/been to a Blackhawks game.

I don't know if I've ever seen/heard so much dislike towards a national anthem performance. For people in Chicago, it's been a news story. I don't expect Packer fans to care, but yikes, much to do about nothing.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
Who are the blackhawks?

LON

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
Who are the blackhawks?

A team no one in Chicago knew until they were in the Stanley Cup Finals...

/piling on

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »
Who are the blackhawks?

They're a championship-winning team located in Illinois. Wisconsites haven't seen one of those for a while so I can understand the confusion.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
Who are the blackhawks?

They are an NHL franchise.  You know, the thing Wisconsin tried to get by building the Bradley Center but failed.  :D

But really though, who do Wisconsin people cheer for in hockey?  Blackhawks?  Wild?  Red Wings? Predators?

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »
Hockey isn't big in Wisconsin

and it wasn't big in Illinois until 3 years ago

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
They're a championship-winning team located in Illinois. Wisconsites haven't seen one of those for a while so I can understand the confusion.

Please, one championship in a sport most of America doesn't follow and all of a sudden Illinois is a championship state, good one.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
They are an NHL franchise.  You know, the thing Wisconsin tried to get by building the Bradley Center but failed.  :D

But really though, who do Wisconsin people cheer for in hockey?  Blackhawks?  Wild?  Red Wings? Predators?

Same team that Wisconsin people cheer for in pro basketball, the Packers.

In all seriousness though, with no NHL franchise pro hockey is pretty much written off and most people who enjoy hockey follow the Badgers.  Seasons overlap heavily with both them and the Pack, so it's not a top priority.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »

But really though, who do Wisconsin people cheer for in hockey?  

What's hockey?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »

Exactly.  Three years ago when Bill Wirtz died and his son finally put the games back on TV.   When this happened three years ago, the Hawks had the young studs but by no means were they a championship calibur team so it's not like everyone hopped on once they made the finals last year.

How many Brewers and Bucks fans would there be if they weren't on TV?

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
Exactly.  Three years ago when Bill Wirtz died and his son finally put the games back on TV.   When this happened three years ago, the Hawks had the young studs but by no means were they a championship calibur team so it's not like everyone hopped on once they made the finals last year.

Given the fact that I can remember a time in the not so distant past where only about 1 game per week was televised, and now they're only televised on cable, about the same amount (still not a huge number, especially for the Bucks).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »

I started following the Hawks again the day the old man died.  He tried his damnest to kill that franchise.  But his kid and the guy that got from the cubs that does the marketing stuff did a great job.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »

[/quote  College hockey is.  UW men and women have both been national champs multiple times.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »

West Allis Lightning Boys 16 and Under Junior Olympic Open (highest) Division National Champions.  Boys club volleyball brought a National Championship to Wisconsin on July 6, 2010, so that's pretty recent ;).  We actually beat a team from Chicago in the championship (Ultimate Gold).

http://usavolleyball.org/news/2010/07/06/west-allis-lightning-vaqueros-win-16s-titles-at-usav-boys-jnc/37059
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
West Allis Lightning Boys 16 and Under Junior Olympic Open (highest) Division National Champions.  Boys club volleyball brought a National Championship to Wisconsin on July 6, 2010, so that's pretty recent ;).  We actually beat a team from Chicago in the championship (Ultimate Gold).

http://usavolleyball.org/news/2010/07/06/west-allis-lightning-vaqueros-win-16s-titles-at-usav-boys-jnc/37059

Ha! Fair enough. You got me  ;D

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »

[/quote  College hockey is.  UW men and women have both been national champs multiple times.

Like I said, Hockey isn't big in Wisconsin

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »
My assumption is you've never seen/heard of/been to a Blackhawks game.

I don't know if I've ever seen/heard so much dislike towards a national anthem performance. For people in Chicago, it's been a news story. I don't expect Packer fans to care, but yikes, much to do about nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Blackhawks

"National anthem

It is a tradition for Blackhawks fans to applaud and cheer loudly during the singing of the national anthems. This tradition originated during a 1985 Campbell Conference playoff game at Chicago Stadium versus the Edmonton Oilers.[36]"

also, this was a big deal   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpxVE_kQXg

it's a BIG tradition that was carried over to the bears' game. i'm in favor of it if it gets the crowd charged up.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
I think it is disrespectful for what it is worth.

feedback