[Today at 02:22:57 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I Dislike Lance Armstrong  (Read 20062 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
I Dislike Lance Armstrong
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »
As George Carlin said "I'd like to begin by saying F Lance Armstrong."

Lance Armstrong is an arrogant a**hole.  He says he is racing again for everyone with cancer. That's total BS. You are racing because you had become irrelivant again and had to sell more Livestrong gear again.  If he wants to help those with cancer why did he leave his wife (who stuck with him through his battle) once she got cancer to go bang every young actress and singer in Hollywood.  Even with all of this he had (not sure if he still has) a website telling people how to live their lives.  

And now in the Tour de France since he is in 4th place and can't win he is proclaiming how he will be such a great teammate by helping a fellow American win.  This from the same guy who wouldn't help his team at all when he was crusing to win after win. Only now when he can't win does he become a great teammate.

I am sick of the media glorifying this guy.  

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:53:31 AM by TallTitan34 »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: I Dislike Lance Armstrong
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
Technically he is helping Alberto Contador win, a Spaniard.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:55:43 AM »
You're right.

It's just funny how this is the first time he has given a damn about his team once he knows he can't win.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:05:41 AM »
Dude was actually incredibly nice when I ran into him at a party in NY; although he also totally took steriods after his bout with cancer.  I mean who goes from chemo to tour de france champ in 6 months naturally?

If we were in his spot we would be doing the exact same thing he is......but TT is right he's getting really easy to hate. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 08:16:57 AM »
LA is a good dude.  He isn't a team mate, but never has been... rather, he has always been the horse on the team and was the guy that everyone helped to win because he was the strongest biker.  This year, he is realizing that he isn't the strongest on the team and he said he would help his team mate win.

wow what a douche.

Funny that you accuse him of doing roids, yet he is the most tested athlete in the world... and he tested "positive" once (for EPO, not roids mind you) by a French (the French HATE LA) company, and it was only sample A, no confirmation with sample B.

yeah he sure is a dirtbag.

Livestrong isn't about making money for Lance, its about raising money for charity.

If you think the best endurance cyclist of all time isn't going to always be relevant, you are crazy.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
On the 4everwarriors scale of dudes with one nut, armstrong ranks below John Kruk and Tom Green.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »
LA is a good dude.  He isn't a team mate, but never has been... rather, he has always been the horse on the team and was the guy that everyone helped to win because he was the strongest biker.  This year, he is realizing that he isn't the strongest on the team and he said he would help his team mate win.

+1

As George Carlin said "I'd like to begin by saying F Lance Armstrong."

Lance Armstrong is an arrogant a**hole.  He says he is racing again for everyone with cancer. That's total BS. You are racing because you had become irrelivant again and had to sell more Livestrong gear again.  If he wants to help those with cancer why did he leave his wife (who stuck with him through his battle) once she got cancer to go bang every young actress and singer in Hollywood.  Even with all of this he had (not sure if he still has) a website telling people how to live their lives. 

And now in the Tour de France since he is in 4th place and can't win he is proclaiming how he will be such a great teammate by helping a fellow American win.  This from the same guy who wouldn't help his team at all when he was crusing to win after win. Only now when he can't win does he become a great teammate.

I am sick of the media glorifying this guy. 

So he was going through a bit of an internal crisis.  I'm sure he was thinking, "damn, I wonder if I could do it all over again at age 37?"

He went out, trained and was up front for awhile.  He was the biggest horse in the stable, the man that the 'teammates' were there for-at the beginning, maybe he was still that guy.

He realized Cantador is on top of the game right now, and he passed it on to him.  In the stage 17 wrap-up the Astana director commented on what a team mate Lance was in that stage. 

You say he wasn't a good teammate back when he was winning, I say wrong, he was a great teammate because he WAS winning for the same team, it made their job rewarding (not everyone wins or finishes on the podium, not every team has a winner)

Yeah his home life isn't the best, but then again we only surface information from tabloids rather than the in depth scenarios played out in Armstrong's relationship with his former wife and lovers.  I'd be destroyed if my past love life was analyzed and scrutinized and I'm sure most of your would be as well.

It is nauseating that the media give him a BJ after each stage, but to say his a definitive dick is taking it to far.  Lance is still a guy I can root for.

Marquette University, Spring '08

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
Anybody who buys into Lance Armstrong's act is a fool. He's a well-known jerkoff.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 11:41:57 AM »
yeah, i agree. what's to like about a cancer survivor who wins the tour 7 times and starts a foundation to help cancer victims?

I'd say he is entitled to be egotistical and the rest of you are entitled to be jealous.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
yeah, i agree. what's to like about a cancer survivor who wins the tour 7 times and starts a foundation to help cancer victims?

I'd say he is entitled to be egotistical and the rest of you are entitled to be jealous.

Don't try to use facts. Use speculation only, please.

Lance is an douche. I've never met the guy, but I can just tell by the way he walks and talks.

His ex-wife is a saint and they never had any problems as a couple. He definitely should have stayed with her forever. The entire break-up is his fault because he has a huge ego.

Lance is evil, and anybody who can't see that is an idiot.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »
At the time when I am alleging that LA did roids the test were far behind some of the designer steroids. 

PRN - pot calling the kettle black? and have you ever met the dude? please

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
Come on guys.  How can you have a website telling people how to live their lives and then leave your wife once she gets cancer.

I don't get why every other athlete gets hammered by the press when they split up from their wife while Lance gets a free pass.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

I don't get why every other athlete gets hammered by the press when they split up from their wife while Lance gets a free pass.

I really don't think Wade or Shaq (altough they are back together) got hammered in the press.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »
+1,000,000 to the original post

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
Welcome. I have been a card carrying member of the Lance Armstrong is a Douche Bag Club for many years now. From the Steroid/PED use, to the way he treated his family...the guy is a total fraud. Though he remains a hero to the criminally dumb, he is anything but a man to be looked up to or admired.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 04:10:16 PM »
Welcome. I have been a card carrying member of the Lance Armstrong is a Douche Bag Club for many years now. From the Steroid/PED use, to the way he treated his family...the guy is a total fraud. Though he remains a hero to the criminally dumb, he is anything but a man to be looked up to or admired.

Anyone who dislikes professional athletes because they are DBs aren't going to like many professional athletes.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 04:29:37 PM »
Welcome. I have been a card carrying member of the Lance Armstrong is a Douche Bag Club for many years now. From the Steroid/PED use, to the way he treated his family...the guy is a total fraud. Though I remain criminally dumb, he is a man to be looked up to or admired.

more like it.....

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

Anyone who dislikes professional athletes because they are DBs aren't going to like many professional athletes.

I don't like anyone who is a DB, pro athlete or otherwise, but frankly, give me a guy like Manny Ramirez any day. He's a DB, but doesn't hold himself up as something else as Lance Armstrong does.

Lance Armstrong is very simply a phony and a fraud.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »
more like it.....

Though I remain criminally dumb, he is a man to be looked up to or admired.

Yeah...nice job. Really. So what you're saying is I am criminally dumb, and feel LA is a man to be looked up to and admired. Wouldn't that make him someone not to be looked up to or admired?

Sorry bud, your hero Lance Armstrong is a bad person, and a complete phony.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
Sorry bud, your hero Lance Armstrong is a bad person, and a complete phony.

It amazes me that anybody would dispute this.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
Navin, what exactly have you done to change the world in a positive way?  Raised 10's of millions of dollars for cancer research? 
Does LA have an ego?  Of course, he is the greatest athlete in his sport ever.  Name me another another great that didn't have one?  Jordan, Gretzky, Ali...all had flaws, just like you and I.

So he broke up and cheated on his wife?  So did millions of other people, including our boy DW.  Same vitriol for him?

Nobody is perfect, and at least LA uses some of his celebrity for good, unlike the hundreds of other athletes that don't dick for their community.

It sounds like those who hate him, would rather him doing nothing with this celebrity status, than be a poster boy with a Live Strong campaign with TV commercials and T-Shirts that helps thousands of families.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »
Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »
It amazes me that anybody would dispute this.

It amazes me that people who have never met a guy would make such idiotic and broad statements based on what they've read in the tabloids.  I don't know if he is a douche or not becuase I've never met him and won't base my sentiments on what US Weekly or People "reports."  I have read reputable pieces about him winning the Tour de France and raising millions for cancer research, though.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »
Navin, what exactly have you done to change the world in a positive way?  Raised 10's of millions of dollars for cancer research? 
Does LA have an ego?  Of course, he is the greatest athlete in his sport ever.  Name me another another great that didn't have one?  Jordan, Gretzky, Ali...all had flaws, just like you and I.

So he broke up and cheated on his wife?  So did millions of other people, including our boy DW.  Same vitriol for him?

Nobody is perfect, and at least LA uses some of his celebrity for good, unlike the hundreds of other athletes that don't dick for their community.

It sounds like those who hate him, would rather him doing nothing with this celebrity status, than be a poster boy with a Live Strong campaign with TV commercials and T-Shirts that helps thousands of families.

Don't you f-ng get it?

It doesn't matter what Lance does. He could save a baby from a burning building and I'd still hate him.

HE IS A DOUCHE. I'VE NEVER MET HIM, BUT I'M POSITIVE THAT HE IS A HORRIBLE PERSON.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »
The difference is that Jordan, Gretsky, Wade, Shaq, A-Rod, etc don't proclaim themselves to be holier than thou and tell people how to live their lives. Lance Armstrong does.

LA telling you how to live your life is like Steve McNair telling you how to live your life.