[Today at 10:48:22 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka might not be the forever coach.  (Read 6602 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Shaka might not be the forever coach.
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2024, 04:06:22 PM »
since then his record hasn’t been anything to be proud of.

That is a really stupid statement.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hamburgler

• Walk-On
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2024, 04:16:41 PM »
well he never has won bigger than this, other than 2011, when his team in all reality had no business being let in to the tournament. his 2011 vcu team is to this day the worst ever at-large team to be allowed into the tourney. it’s wild to think about where he’d be without that inexplicable decision by the committee.

since then his record hasn’t been anything to be proud of. in six years at vcu he never once won the league, even though his peers anthony grant, jeff capel, and will wade all won the league at vcu. he never won his league at Texas either (although he did finish dead last with jarrett allen on his team), and he never won a tourney game with the Longhorns despite signing three top 8 national recruiting classes in a four year span.

then there’s the loss to abilene christian which got him the boot at Texas. it should have been impossible for Texas to lose that game. ACU had one player over 6’6” while Texas had three nba draft picks in the front court (kai jones, jericho sims, greg brown). they also had veteran guards (matt coleman, andrew jones, courtney ramey). Texas was the blueprint for tourney success- highly athletic 5*, nba talent, lots of experience, and three senior guards. it was a team built to go on a deep run.

not only did Texas lose to ACU and fail to go on a deep run, ACU was objectively terrible against Texas and still won the game. ACU shot 29% from the field and 3–18 from deep, and they still defeated their vastly superior foe. acu’s 18-5 edge on offensive rebounds was particularly baffling considering the difference in size, athleticism, and talent. still, it was nowhere near the first time and clearly also was not the last time that shaka smart would lose to a double digit seed as a tourney favorite. he truly is one of the perennial underachievers in the ncaa tourney.

This is accurate but doesn’t fit the slurper narrative who are content with perrenial underachievement as long as we make the tourney. Maybe a critical mass of them will wake up by 2028…

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2024, 04:19:11 PM »
This is accurate but doesn’t fit the slurper narrative who are content with perrenial underachievement as long as we make the tourney. Maybe a critical mass of them will wake up by 2028…

He's doing way better than your guy Porter. I can't remember who said it, but if you go back three years ago and said "here is what the next three years will bring..." 99.9% of the fanbase would have said "sign me up."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2024, 04:20:15 PM »

Hi,

I earlier asked for your plan.  Please share
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2024, 04:20:20 PM »
Yeah, the ones deciding to back a guy who has won 71% of his games over three years, after inheriting a program mired in mediocrity, they're the crazy ones.

Hamburgler

• Walk-On
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2024, 04:22:00 PM »
He's doing way better than your guy Porter. I can't remember who said it, but if you go back three years ago and said "here is what the next three years will bring..." 99.9% of the fanbase would have said "sign me up."

Nice red herring. Enjoy your perennial underachievement.

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2024, 04:26:41 PM »
Nice red herring. Enjoy your perennial underachievement.

Yesterday notwithstanding, I've enjoyed the last three years.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2024, 04:54:35 PM »
For those pining for a dynasty and also worried we can't compete with NIL, this is reminder to donate to our NIL fund.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2024, 05:30:45 PM »
Kentucky probably has a massive amount of NIL money.  Where did that get them?  Remember, there are only so many roster spots at the handful of big NIL programs.

Shaka turning three and four star players into NBA draft picks is a great selling point for Marquette.

The Rural Juror

• Walk-On
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2024, 05:44:50 PM »
That is a really stupid statement.

this year was his first trip to the S16 since 2011. he’s 5-10 in the tourney since 2011. so uh, no it isn’t.

Zog from Margo

• Starter
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2024, 06:01:53 PM »
this year was his first trip to the S16 since 2011. he’s 5-10 in the tourney since 2011. so uh, no it isn’t.

So he’s already on a better trajectory at MU. At MU, he’s 3-3 in the tourney.

WeAreMarquette96

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2024, 06:02:27 PM »
Stupid ass thread. Shaka wasn’t why we shot 4/31 from 3

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2024, 06:44:04 PM »

Yeah it is. He’s done a lot to be proud of as a coach.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2024, 07:03:42 PM »
Stupid ass thread. Shaka wasn’t why we shot 4/31 from 3
Nevada is

The Rural Juror

• Walk-On
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2024, 08:31:00 PM »
So he’s already on a better trajectory at MU. At MU, he’s 3-3 in the tourney.

shaka in the tourney at marquette:

2022: lost by 32 points in an 8 vs 9 game

2023: beat 15 seed vermont, lost 69-60 in a 2 vs 7 game

2024: beat 15 seed wku, beat 10 seed colorado, lost to 11 seed nc state

his best win in the tourney at marquette is a round of 32 win vs 10 seed colorado despite marquette getting back to back 2 seeds. this after going 0-3 in the tourney in six years at Texas, with losses to nevada, northern iowa, and abilene christian. aside from one miracle run in 2011 he has repeatedly underachieved in the ncaa tourney.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2024, 08:33:00 PM »
He will have many years to figure it out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2024, 09:03:20 PM »
Hamburgler and rural juror obviously the same poster.

Hamburgler

• Walk-On
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2024, 10:56:01 PM »
Hamburgler and rural juror obviously the same poster.

Cant respond to the inconvenient facts that don’t fit your narrative?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2024, 08:09:40 AM »
How dare you guys speak out factual content critical of Shaka against Satan's speculative narrative. One thing we can be thankful for.Shaka is a far improvement from Wojo who Satan likely supported to the bitter end
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2024, 08:11:27 AM »
How dare you guys speak out factual content critical of Shaka against Satan's speculative narrative. One thing we can be thankful for.Shaka is a far improvement from Wojo who Satan likely supported to the bitter end

Me? Nope. I was suggesting he should be fired early in his last year.

But you trash every coach and player so it’s pretty hard to take any of your criticisms seriously.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2024, 08:20:19 AM »
Me? Nope. I was suggesting he should be fired early in his last year.

But you trash every coach and player so it’s pretty hard to take any of your criticisms seriously.
Wrong again. I never trashed Al, Raymonds, Majerus, O Neil, and only Crean for his I4 ending. So you are wrong, as usual. It is very hard Satan to take any of your hippie hyperbole seriously
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2024, 08:23:40 AM »
Shaka's record at Texas was remarkably similar to Wojo's at MU.
He has shown the ability over the last 3 seasons to be able to out a team on the floor that doesn't just compete in the Big East, but thrives.   
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 08:26:35 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2024, 08:31:24 AM »
We are lucky to have Shaka as long as he’ll have us. Hopefully for a long long time. Any other narrative is frankly, insane.

I don’t use that word lightly or often, probably never on scoop or in writing. But it fits here. Don’t be insane. Wake up.

Hopefully the people in power and with the money show him the love and embrace him with a long contract full of money and love and appreciation.  I’m sure they will.  What a great season.

I’ve never been more proud of  MU ball since I’ve been following them. What a great fun team to watch the last two years under Shaka. Close second is Wade’s teams. Shaka long term gives us another shot at the big time. And with players we can be proud of.

He embraces what MU is about in an authentic way. Players will leave MU as better people, better players, and ready to contribute to the world. And win while in college. Love him.  I’m confident those that matter do as well. I hope he will have us for a long time.

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2024, 08:33:31 AM »
Wrong again. I never trashed Al, Raymonds, Majerus, O Neil, and only Crean for his I4 ending. So you are wrong, as usual. It is very hard Satan to take any of your hippie hyperbole seriously

I am sure that if Scoop were around in Al’s days, you would have trashed him too. It’s your nature.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2024, 01:30:47 PM »
For those pining for a dynasty and also worried we can't compete with NIL, this is reminder to donate to our NIL fund.

Exactly.

feedback