collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384457 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3800 on: September 10, 2021, 07:51:22 AM »

Ya gotta 'cuse Full Diaper 'cuz, you know, he's got stutterin' issues, aina?

At least he can speak and write English. Unlike certain morons........

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3801 on: September 10, 2021, 07:55:41 AM »
At this point I am hopeful that the actions of independent companies, universities, health care settings and the push by govt yesterday will give people who have developed an entrenched position against the vaccine the air cover to go get it.  I bet that there are people now that are more willing but peer pressure is having a negative impact and causing illogical entrenched positions.  They have a choice of course....but the consequences of their choice are becoming more negative.

Also this is the form of illogical choice that is harmful to others -- it fills our hospitals, furthers the pandemic and impacts the freedom of those who stepped up and got the vaccine.  We have a right to a safe workplace and many of us don't want to be around unvaccinated people that have a higher likelihood of spreading a disease that is very common and prevalent in the US and the world.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3802 on: September 10, 2021, 08:00:08 AM »
I don't see the argument that this is unconstitutional. Vaccine mandates by the federal government date back to George Washington. And in this case it is a rule regulated by OSHA for worker health and safety. Not sure how one can say that isn't within the scope of their authority.

One could argue that the new rule has to go through the normal process, but Trump repeatedly violated those pathways under the guise of "emergency powers," and they held, so seems like that card was already played.

Even if it is eventually deemed unconstitutional, it most certainly give legal cover to a bunch of businesses that are concerned about the legality of vaccine mandates.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3803 on: September 10, 2021, 08:12:58 AM »
 46 got a staff that mirrors his intellect.  he just highlighted the real reason for putting OSHA as the enforcer.  DOH!!

the ultimate "reach around" for the mandate  more fodder for the courts to shoot this down as they already know it.  they are just waiting for the inevitable to once again try to politicize the courts, in their favor or not.  just another broken promise

Klain retweeted MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle, who posted, “OSHA doing this vaxx mandate as an emergency workplace safety rule is the ultimate work-around for the Federal govt to require vaccinations.”
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #3804 on: September 10, 2021, 08:29:14 AM »
Klain retweeted MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle, who posted, “OSHA doing this vaxx mandate as an emergency workplace safety rule is the ultimate work-around for the Federal govt to require vaccinations.”

Great!  Hope it works.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3805 on: September 10, 2021, 08:47:49 AM »
My company released a policy similar to this about a week ago. Im going to guess there was some advisement that the overall mandate was coming.

How does this impact remote workers? Is the vaccine or testing strictly for on-site or all employees?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3806 on: September 10, 2021, 08:48:11 AM »
Jockey calling someone out for being classless...

You literally said that you don't care if people die.

Actually, that is not what I said, Chico.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3807 on: September 10, 2021, 08:49:19 AM »
At least he can speak and write English. Unlike certain morons........

Amazin' how effective Aricept is, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #3808 on: September 10, 2021, 08:53:55 AM »
Actually, that is not what I said, Chico.

Really?

I think saying that we don't care if the unvaccinated live or die is a statement that would be supported by many.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3809 on: September 10, 2021, 09:15:53 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1436320331510263828

Scotty G 2024 has my vote!! Perfect analysis, this “mandate” will have little to no affect on current delta surge.  By the time it’s ready to be enforced his best estimate was fall of 2022 and at current new daily vaccination rate we should be 85-90% vaccinated at that point (adults at least). 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3810 on: September 10, 2021, 09:17:46 AM »

Scotty G 2024 has my vote!! Perfect analysis, this “mandate” will have little to no affect on current delta surge.  By the time it’s ready to be enforced his best estimate was fall of 2022 and at current new daily vaccination rate we should be 85-90% vaccinated at that point (adults at least).

With any luck it will cluster antivaxxers into public protests where they will be vulnerable to vaccine-administration-by-dart-gun, which ought to be phase 2 of the plan.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3811 on: September 10, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
With any luck it will cluster antivaxxers into public protests where they will be vulnerable to vaccine-administration-by-dart-gun, which ought to be phase 2 of the plan.

Haha, move straight out of Ace Ventura!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3812 on: September 10, 2021, 09:39:15 AM »
Haha, move straight out of Ace Ventura!

I was picturing a scene from a movie that did not suck, namely Old School.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3813 on: September 10, 2021, 10:01:24 AM »
I was picturing a scene from a movie that did not suck, namely Old School.

Fighting words!!  While old school is undoubtedly better….Ace Ventura did not suck, that’s a hill I’ll die on!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3814 on: September 10, 2021, 10:03:02 AM »
Fighting words!!  While old school is undoubtedly better….Ace Ventura did not suck, that’s a hill I’ll die on!

I agree with this analysis.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3815 on: September 10, 2021, 10:23:04 AM »

If Biden was smart, he'd advertise free HCQ/ivermectin cocktail shots at your local pharmacy.  Boom bait and switch and vaccines for all.  If only we had true innovative leadership

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3816 on: September 10, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »

There is absolutely no reason to believe that the current new daily vaccination rate would continue linearly to that point.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3817 on: September 10, 2021, 10:44:07 AM »
Instead of cash, free ivermectin with your vaccine shot.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3818 on: September 10, 2021, 10:52:31 AM »
There is absolutely no reason to believe that the current new daily vaccination rate would continue linearly to that point.

Take that up with Scott, his words not mine.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3819 on: September 10, 2021, 10:54:09 AM »

Eh, I find Jim Carrey to be very not funny at all. Every comedy he's ever been in has essentially rolled the ball to the middle of the court, given him the directive of "make funny faces, talk weird, and do the Jim-Carrey-Physical-Comedy-Routine (tm)" and... that's it. If that formula doesn't do it for you like it doesn't do it for me, there's nothing else to salvage from any of his movies.

Also, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was terrible, transparent from minute 5, shallow, and that people love and wax poetic about it absolutely baffles me.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3820 on: September 10, 2021, 11:20:46 AM »
Also, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was terrible, transparent from minute 5, shallow, and that people love and wax poetic about it absolutely baffles me.

Thank you, that movie was mediocre.  The only other "romance" movie that is raved about that I dislike more is 500 Days of Summer.  F that film

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3821 on: September 10, 2021, 11:33:48 AM »
Eh, I find Jim Carrey to be very not funny at all. Every comedy he's ever been in has essentially rolled the ball to the middle of the court, given him the directive of "make funny faces, talk weird, and do the Jim-Carrey-Physical-Comedy-Routine (tm)" and... that's it. If that formula doesn't do it for you like it doesn't do it for me, there's nothing else to salvage from any of his movies.

I hate Jim Carrey and his "humor" too

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3822 on: September 10, 2021, 12:42:49 PM »
I hate Jim Carrey and his "humor" too

Very talented guy, but it’s almost slapstick. It never appealed to me.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3823 on: September 10, 2021, 01:54:38 PM »
Truman Show was his best work.   Like Stranger than Fiction for Ferrell.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3824 on: September 10, 2021, 02:58:28 PM »
Truman Show was his best work.   Like Stranger than Fiction for Ferrell.

I agree it's fantastic, though if we're going dramatic there's a decent argument for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Personally I've outgrown some of his earlier slapstick stuff but still enjoy Fun with Dick & Jane, Yes Man, and Bruce Almighty that are entertaining but not slapstick like Liar Liar, Cable Guy, or Ace Venture
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback