[Today at 05:32:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 369516 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3850 on: September 13, 2021, 08:13:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1437462941100646405?t=WfrqjqoRoeAoyXA432Ax2g&s=19

I mean...wtf. honestly, wtf.

I agree. Rs should never go to the emergency room. Definitely do not get the vaccine.

But, in reality, every one of these whiners would run to the ER and then raise a fuss if they aren't 1st in line for care.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3851 on: September 13, 2021, 08:39:29 PM »

Well apparently Tucker now knows that the vaccine should be questioned because a friend of Nicki Minaj's cousin had a totally believable reaction to it. Looks like he's over his W.A.P. outrage if she's questioning the vaccine (disclaimer: I only saw the screen shot so my take may be off. He may have scoffed at the claim and proceeded to urge his viewers to get vaccinated.)

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1437582103181504517

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3852 on: September 13, 2021, 09:25:14 PM »
Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's balls in Trinidad? Thanks Obama Biden!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3853 on: September 14, 2021, 07:51:13 AM »
Clever op-ed on how to get shots in arms of folks in "Mayberry":

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article254146273.html?

Folks always say there’s an episode of “The Andy Griffith Show” for everything. I think I’m starting to believe them.

In an episode from season two, Sheriff Andy Taylor joins the county nurse on a quest to get farmer Rafe Hollister to take the tetanus shot. They try a few things: a gentler approach with explanations, some shouting demands from Barney Fife, and an appeal for Rafe to think of the children.

Finally, Andy sits down with him, and says he gets it — Rafe wants to be famous, to be a martyr to show people that they need to get the vaccine or they’ll end up dead like him. Andy even breaks out the guitar to sing a funeral dirge, complete with sod and silver spades and burials on snowy hills underneath “willer trees.”

This gets Rafe. He fearfully tells Andy he doesn’t want to die, and gets the shot from the nurse. Barney also has to get his tetanus shot, because despite all the antics he still didn’t have his.

The episode, of course, is supposed to be funny and lighthearted. There’s a laugh track dubbed over Rafe’s face as Andy sings. No one would have expected that folks would be dying 60 years later after refusing to get a vaccine, that iPads and layers of protective gear would be required to get a last glimpse of your loved ones.

When I saw this episode mentioned by a Houston journalist, I thought about what would have happened in the real Mayberry, mine and Andy Griffith’s hometown.

Mount Airy, North Carolina has not responded well to the pandemic, because folks have barely reacted at all. Only 43 percent of Surry County residents are fully vaccinated from COVID, and 47 percent have had at least one shot. ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3854 on: September 15, 2021, 11:28:54 AM »
Biden's team tightens grip on state use of Covid antibody treatments
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-s-team-tightens-grip-on-state-use-of-covid-antibody-treatments/ar-AAOrtzr?ocid=msedgntp

"Seven states — Texas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, Louisiana and Alabama — accounted for 70 percent of all orders in early September."

There is a lack of understanding by Southern Governor's that there isn't an unlimited supply of Monoclonals..

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3855 on: September 15, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »

There is a lack of understanding by Southern Governor's

Could have stopped right there.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3856 on: September 15, 2021, 11:56:23 AM »
Watch for these same governors to accuse Biden of deliberately withholding treatment.
Can’t rely on antibody treatment in lieu of vaccination and other mitigation measures. Not fair to the other states and territories.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3858 on: September 15, 2021, 01:23:59 PM »
Thoughts and prayers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3859 on: September 15, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/denise-truffles-lyonnais-68-the-villiages-fl-anti-vaxxer-clown-dies-from-covid?fbclid=IwAR31lQ3w05Pf5T-jtN6Og9m1eULzh65kcbqGIrbpF_pAu46R2Xy2R4G3fFU

The Villages literally just lost an anti-vaxx clown.

A little song, a little dance, a little (ultimately deadly) anti-vaxx BS down her pants.

Nope ... Truffles was not nearly as lovable as Chuckles.

A littl

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #3861 on: September 15, 2021, 04:29:02 PM »
Yeah, friend of mine with a winter home there posted the story.
If you ever want to feel good about yourself, go to their news website, villages-news.com. Full of the nuttiest stories. My friend puts up stuff from there too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3862 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:31 AM »
Biden's executive order gives cover and support to companies that wanted to mandate vaccines but didn't feel they could.

From the NYT:

Tim Boyle, the chief executive of Columbia Sportswear, said in an interview on Wednesday that his company had drafted a policy mandating vaccines months ago. But it had held off carrying it out until Mr. Biden announced last week that he was directing the Labor Department to issue an emergency safety declaration that would effectively function as a vaccine mandate for tens of millions of workers. Columbia Sportswear told its workers that it will put a vaccine requirement in place next week.

Mr. Boyle said Columbia was concerned that by acting alone it would risk losing as many as half of its workers in distribution centers and retail stores. Mr. Biden’s order, he said, reduced the risk that workers who don’t want to get vaccinated would quit to work elsewhere.

“There’s much less opportunity for people to go somewhere they don’t need to be vaccinated,” he said.

Mr. Boyle said vaccinations had divided Columbia’s work force. Managers in its Portland, Ore., headquarters have largely embraced the shots, he said, but retail and warehouse workers throughout the country have been more reluctant. He said that hesitancy had hurt the company, with infections and the threat of infection forcing closures and cleanings of locations.

“Those operations are predicated on people working together closely,” he said. Having unvaccinated workers is “highly disruptive.”

We won't really get back to "normal" until the vast majority of Americans are vaccinated.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3863 on: September 16, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »
careful what you wish for re:vaccine mandates.  can health care afford to lose 10% of it's staff? for the feds however, there's room for a lot more

Bluster.  What are they going to do?  Work at Mac D's?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3864 on: September 16, 2021, 10:02:02 PM »
A recurring theme among the lefties here is that Florida is a mess because of the low rate of vaccinations. Turns out Florida is above average in vax rates overall (21st) and way above average in the rate among the most vulnerable (seniors), ranking 13th. Among those lagging behind Florida are Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Not.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3865 on: September 16, 2021, 10:24:47 PM »
A recurring theme among the lefties here is that Florida is a mess because of the low rate of vaccinations.

Has anyone actually said this?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3866 on: September 16, 2021, 10:29:17 PM »
A recurring theme among the lefties here is that Florida is a mess because of the low rate of vaccinations. Turns out Florida is above average in vax rates overall (21st) and way above average in the rate among the most vulnerable (seniors), ranking 13th. Among those lagging behind Florida are Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Not.
No, we are a mess because of our governor making mask mandates and vaccine passports illegal. It’s a mess because our governor advocates experimental costly limited  treatment over cheap, proven, available prevention. It’s a mess because our governor touts individual stupidity over greater good. It’s a mess because we do limited reporting and no tracing.

But hey, we’ve killed off more voters than his margin of victory over a drug addict, so there is a positive maybe in 2022.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3867 on: September 16, 2021, 10:55:55 PM »
No, we are a mess because of our governor making mask mandates and vaccine passports illegal.

Where are “vaccine passports” a thing?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3868 on: September 16, 2021, 10:58:10 PM »

"We're a mess for different reasons than you think" is a hell of an own.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3869 on: September 16, 2021, 11:04:35 PM »
Has anyone actually said this?

With all the crazy stuff being said about DeSantis in particular and Florida in general I’m honestly not sure. But given all the crap spewed here I was astounded that Florida ‘s gov was doing so well (especially compared to Midwestern states with science believing governors) getting his citizens vaccinated.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3870 on: September 16, 2021, 11:05:54 PM »

Where are “vaccine passports” a thing?
New York for one, but I was using passports as a short hand as he is fining businesses $5,000 for asking for proof of vaccination. You either knew that or are spouting off about Florida without a clue of what is really going on.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3871 on: September 16, 2021, 11:08:40 PM »
"We're a mess for different reasons than you think" is a hell of an own.

We’re a mess because it’s our turn. The mess moves around. At the end of the day Florida will fare better than some, worse than others. That’s hardly the impression pushed by many here, though.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3872 on: September 16, 2021, 11:13:05 PM »
New York for one

New York? Seriously? Must be a great policy.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3873 on: September 16, 2021, 11:25:06 PM »
With all the crazy stuff being said about DeSantis in particular and Florida in general I’m honestly not sure. But given all the crap spewed here I was astounded that Florida ‘s gov was doing so well (especially compared to Midwestern states with science believing governors) getting his citizens vaccinated.

So you came here to debunk a "recurring theme among the lefties" without knowing whether it had even been said, much less was a recurring theme?
You're a good guy, Lenny. Don't go full Chico's on us.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3874 on: September 16, 2021, 11:27:38 PM »
New York? Seriously? Must be a great policy.

In New York, you get shuffled around the nursing home scene, collecting stamps in a passport book, althewhile spreading covid and winning emmys.