collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)  (Read 126584 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2020, 05:06:48 PM »
Fair enough.  I won't die on that hill trying to defend it, but I do think the jury is still out on whether there is some validity to his claims.

Let's hope the Sorrento claims announced earlier today turn out to be real.  If they truly have a cure, everything goes back to normal in the U.S. by end of year.  Crossing my fingers on that whole deal.

Agreed.  We all want something to work asap!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2020, 05:12:30 PM »
We all want the same thing. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »
Let's be honest. People are only pushing Hydroxy because Trump did. Period!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2020, 05:22:19 PM »
Because they want the same thing.   An easy, existing effective solution.  Their lives back.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »
Let's be honest. People are only pushing Hydroxy because Trump did. Period!

You drunk again, bro?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
You drunk again, bro?

DON'T make cracks about mental health.
DO make cracks about substance abuse.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2020, 08:27:02 PM »
Dumbass.

You trigger easier than Tommy DeVito. Must be fun at poker night ( Ts and Ps to Spider).
And yes, you do amuse me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:41:11 PM by Pakuni »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:18 PM »

the fact is it works!   

Some studies have said it has some benefit.  Other studies have said it makes no difference.  Another study was stopped because it was causing heart issues.   So it may work some of the time.    It is certainly not the silver bullet.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »
Can you link to the studies (not anecdotal stories or singular cases) you found that show success?

Also, there is no way any doctor has been prescribing this "for years" for covid-19?

What were the reasons CVS refused to fill? Is there a reliable source that states the federal government told the CVS pharmacists to not fill?

Can you provide examples of doctors getting sanctioned for saying the word hydroxychloroquine?

Can you provide links that demonstrate significantly higher numbers of people dying of other conditions that are being ignored vs expected numbers in a non-pandemic situation?

Crickets.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2020, 11:01:21 PM »
Some studies have said it has some benefit.  Other studies have said it makes no difference.  Another study was stopped because it was causing heart issues.   So it may work some of the time.    It is certainly not the silver bullet.

BOTH SIDES!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #335 on: May 16, 2020, 07:05:53 AM »
Some people say...

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2020, 07:56:03 AM »
Moderna says vaccine trials went very well.  All participants had antibodies.  Market futures up big.

Like the slow trickle of good news on treatment front.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #337 on: May 18, 2020, 08:02:54 AM »
Keep sciencing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #338 on: May 18, 2020, 08:07:22 AM »
Moderna says vaccine trials went very well.  All participants had antibodies.  Market futures up big.

Me too!

Here's a link for those interested:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3575456-moderna-covidminus-19-vaccine-candidate-shows-positive-action-in-early-stage-study
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #339 on: May 18, 2020, 08:13:48 AM »
Me too!

Here's a link for those interested:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3575456-moderna-covidminus-19-vaccine-candidate-shows-positive-action-in-early-stage-study

On day 43 of the trial? That means they began human trials the beginning of April? I did not realize that anyone had progressed that far that fast.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2020, 08:28:56 AM »
On day 43 of the trial? That means they began human trials the beginning of April? I did not realize that anyone had progressed that far that fast.

There is an article in wired that talks about this process. I found it to be interesting.

https://www.wired.com/story/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-trials/

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #341 on: May 18, 2020, 09:02:02 AM »

I'm always hesitant to get excited about the biotech company that rushes to put out press releases, before they have even analyzed the full results. They didn't do analysis yet on the highest dosage group, which probably could be done in a day or two. The only reason to rush the press release is that your results are not that tantalizing, and usually because someone else has better results coming out soon.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #342 on: May 18, 2020, 09:04:24 AM »
I'm always hesitant to get excited about the biotech company that rushes to put out press releases, before they have even analyzed the full results. They didn't do analysis yet on the highest dosage group, which probably could be done in a day or two. The only reason to rush the press release is that your results are not that tantalizing, and usually because someone else has better results coming out soon.

I don't know the medical side at all,  but I will say in terms of releases that sometimes companies hands' are forced since they know there are early leaks of information.  Better to let the whole financial community know then people trading on inside information.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #343 on: May 18, 2020, 09:07:22 AM »
I don't know if this is a silver bullet either.    However, they are actually going through the process.    Like everybody actually doing the work to find a treatment or vaccine ( I would say 'cure', but I know how that triggers 'some people'), I wish them nothing but the best.   Good luck.    I hope you have landed on the answer.   

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »
I don't know the medical side at all,  but I will say in terms of releases that sometimes companies hands' are forced since they know there are early leaks of information.  Better to let the whole financial community know then people trading on inside information.

I've always thought the fear of leaks, are in controlling the message, and first to press, gets the biggest stock bump.

I don't know if this is a silver bullet either.    However, they are actually going through the process.    Like everybody actually doing the work to find a treatment or vaccine ( I would say 'cure', but I know how that triggers 'some people'), I wish them nothing but the best.   Good luck.    I hope you have landed on the answer.   

Tower, I agree. And I'm actually optimistic/hopeful that the reason they rushed the press release, is because we will soon hear of a more successful and promising vaccine development by another company.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52717161

Trump has is taking hydroxychloroquinine as a preventive.
Because he got letters from first responders saying they were taking it. So that was evidence of its positive effect.
You cannot make this stuff up.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »

Because he got letters from first responders saying they were taking it. So that was evidence of its positive effect.

he makes up everything. He must have some serious holdings in one of the manufacturers.

Though maybe his staff relabeled his Adderall and Sudafed as "hydroxychloroquine."

It's sad that that in this day in age, when one hears the President say something and you immediately know it's a lie.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2020, 05:25:44 PM »

Actually, he DOES make this stuff up. There is not even 1 chance in 1,000 that he is taking it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »
So irresponsible. Yet another example of how his messaging is so awful.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2020, 08:29:56 PM »
Ok could his physician have a licensing issue if he prescribed it because Trump wanted it, despite there being no clinical reason to do so?

feedback