[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)  (Read 124667 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)
« Reply #1025 on: January 10, 2022, 06:24:40 PM »
Saw that. My first thought was that the guy was trolling...but nope, they really are this insane.

At least it is less dangerous than injecting bleach as one notable healthcare expert suggested doing.

i guess when you have the attention span and the ice cream brain freeze of the putz you voted for, this is what you still retain from that presser.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1026 on: January 10, 2022, 06:38:47 PM »
Dr. Moises Alou?

That’s “Moist Hands” Alou, a’ina?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1027 on: January 10, 2022, 06:40:43 PM »
  i guess when you have the attention span and the ice cream brain freeze of the putz you voted for, this is what you still retain from that presser.   

6 of 10
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: January 10, 2022, 06:50:19 PM »
Do tell us, what did YOU get out of a guy telling you to drink your own urine?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1029 on: January 10, 2022, 06:58:13 PM »

Bad breath.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1030 on: January 10, 2022, 07:04:24 PM »

It works for Bear Grilz.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: January 10, 2022, 07:09:23 PM »
Go for it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1032 on: January 10, 2022, 07:18:16 PM »

no idea what you are talking about...you gotta do something about those voices you hear in your head

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: January 10, 2022, 07:50:02 PM »
no idea what you are talking about...you gotta do something about those voices you hear in your head
We are aware
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1034 on: January 11, 2022, 03:54:33 AM »
Ah yes, da Scoop covid intelligencia have spoken. Their opinions are like ass holes. Everybody's got one, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: January 11, 2022, 07:52:22 AM »
Ah yes, da Scoop covid intelligencia have spoken. Their opinions are like ass holes. Everybody's got one, aina?

Enjoy your morning drink!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: January 11, 2022, 10:01:32 AM »
How much intelligence is required to know that drinking your own urine does not protect you from, nor cure, COVID?

But as a "reely smart healthkare prophessional" you know better than the intelligencia. Drink up!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: January 11, 2022, 10:24:42 AM »
Gargle and rinse, too.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: January 11, 2022, 02:06:09 PM »
Add Nyquil to the ever-growing list that right wing whackjobs (sorry, redundant) are promoting in lieu of the vaccine.

Please proceed, pretty boys.

NyQuil isn’t a cure-all for omicron variant
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2022/01/11/nyquil-isnt-a-cure-all-for-omicron-variant/

"According to a meme of actor Will Smith, the omicron variant of COVID-19 is easy to treat with common cold medicine.

Several Facebook users, including conservative politician Kimberly Klacik, shared a two-part image listing the “top five” omicron symptoms, which it says are runny nose, headache, fatigue, sneezing and sore throat. At the bottom of the picture is an image of Smith, pointing to a bottle of NyQuil, which lists those very symptoms.

“Will Smith has the prescription,” Klacik wrote.

“So… NyQuil was always the cure?” a commenter wrote on a similar post. “Better than the (vaccine emoji).”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1039 on: January 11, 2022, 02:48:27 PM »
IF.... you are vaccinated
IF... you are fortunate to get a case that is mild thanks to your vaccinations

IT IS POSSIBLE... your symptoms can be managed with dayqyil/nyquil.

All bets are off if unvaccinated.

• All American
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1041 on: January 11, 2022, 09:03:08 PM »
Reminds me of the old story by Hugh Hewitt:

Hugh:
I know what you’re thinking: “Why should I try a crap sandwich?” I might have felt the same way a few days ago, but now I’m a believer.

I was chatting with an administration insider over the weekend. During a sidebar in the conversation, it was intimated to me that President Bush’s favorite late-night snack was a “crap sandwich” with tartar sauce on the side. That encouraged me to give it a shot with an open mind. I know the president is intuitive yet discriminating in his choices, and isn’t afraid to go against the conventional wisdom. He also needs a lot of energy to get up early and fight the GWOT each day.

So I tried it. The verdict? Earthy, no-nonsense flavor. The tangy contrast of the tartar sauce is initially off-putting, but like Bush, I’m in this game for the long term. I’ll give it some time to grow on me. It’s easily a B+ snack.

UPDATE: My insider friend just called me again; apparently I misheard his end of the conversation, it was a fish sandwich. Well, that shouldn’t surprise me. In addition to introducing bold new ideas, Bush has always shown an appreciation for the traditional eating values that made this country great in the first place.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1042 on: January 12, 2022, 06:50:42 AM »
you guys can pee all over yourselves all you want, but many of the therapies previously suggested over the years that were poo-poo'd(no pun intended, although some of you may have tried this as well) are going to be re-emerging as effective-(surprise surprise).  the mere suggestion of nyquil/dayquil as a remedy 6mos to a year ago would have been enough to get you banned from twitter.  but it's not going to end there.   

inward looking people, people who have learned how to fix things with the foundations of knowledge they have accumulated.  we need those who have a bit of skepticism about them, those who have long questioned why many of the remedies we've had at our disposal all along haven't been accepted. healthier lifestyles, diets, confronting obesity, diabetes, smoking, copd, etc...especially as the variants have emerged, as we have learned more about the modes of attack, there will be a growing acceptance of "stuff" that we've had all along, the "old wives tales" that are effective against this cold/flu virus. 

there are regimines of prescription medications, otc's, that have been pushed aside that many will have a hard time admitting that we should have been using these all along.  anyone heard of fluvoxamine? the vaccine has it's place within all of this, but i steadfastly remain of the mindset that we are NOT going to vaccinate our way out of this.  yes, the vaccine in many(not all) helped SOME avoid the virus, diminished the symptoms of others, but the real cure is to get people the relief before the S & S get too severe/fatal and the vaccine fails to accomplish this.  herd immunity is the most effective, natural way that we, as living human beings can predictable fight this virus.  but you have to get there first.  we should have been using the vaccines to buy us time in order to open the door to new more effective treatments.  we still may have, but the stigma attached to alternative modes is/was an immoral reaction to how the medical and science field has evolved over time

we are going to start to see some regimines, drug combinations, that could very well have saved many lives, but were shot down too quickly.  whenever one wonders why...follow the money.  who is going to have the balls to call out those who disallowed some very effective remedies we've had all along because we were hammered with vaccinevaccinevaccine??  yes, i am still talking about hydroxychloroquine, zpak, nsaids, ivermectin, fluvoxamine, APAP, nyquil/dayquil, and more to be seen yet.  there are many good epidemiologists, physicians, etc quietly working on the side, effectively treating patients(what a novel idea) without all the "fanfare" of the dr fettucines of the world.  these docs are doing what they are supposed to do-fulfilling their Hippocratic oath despite what "conventional wisdom" was telling them that hey MUST do.  medicine did not evolve from tunnel vision.  it was and should be a collaborative process of many helping many, not a few believing they are the ONE$ who have all of the answer$

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1043 on: January 12, 2022, 07:15:50 AM »
you guys can pee all over yourselves all you want, but many of the therapies previously suggested over the years that were poo-poo'd(no pun intended, although some of you may have tried this as well) are going to be re-emerging as effective-(surprise surprise).  the mere suggestion of nyquil/dayquil as a remedy 6mos to a year ago would have been enough to get you banned from twitter.  but it's not going to end there.   

inward looking people, people who have learned how to fix things with the foundations of knowledge they have accumulated.  we need those who have a bit of skepticism about them, those who have long questioned why many of the remedies we've had at our disposal all along haven't been accepted. healthier lifestyles, diets, confronting obesity, diabetes, smoking, copd, etc...especially as the variants have emerged, as we have learned more about the modes of attack, there will be a growing acceptance of "stuff" that we've had all along, the "old wives tales" that are effective against this cold/flu virus. 

there are regimines of prescription medications, otc's, that have been pushed aside that many will have a hard time admitting that we should have been using these all along.  anyone heard of fluvoxamine? the vaccine has it's place within all of this, but i steadfastly remain of the mindset that we are NOT going to vaccinate our way out of this.  yes, the vaccine in many(not all) helped SOME avoid the virus, diminished the symptoms of others, but the real cure is to get people the relief before the S & S get too severe/fatal and the vaccine fails to accomplish this.  herd immunity is the most effective, natural way that we, as living human beings can predictable fight this virus.  but you have to get there first.  we should have been using the vaccines to buy us time in order to open the door to new more effective treatments.  we still may have, but the stigma attached to alternative modes is/was an immoral reaction to how the medical and science field has evolved over time

we are going to start to see some regimines, drug combinations, that could very well have saved many lives, but were shot down too quickly.  whenever one wonders why...follow the money.  who is going to have the balls to call out those who disallowed some very effective remedies we've had all along because we were hammered with vaccinevaccinevaccine??  yes, i am still talking about hydroxychloroquine, zpak, nsaids, ivermectin, fluvoxamine, APAP, nyquil/dayquil, and more to be seen yet.  there are many good epidemiologists, physicians, etc quietly working on the side, effectively treating patients(what a novel idea) without all the "fanfare" of the dr fettucines of the world.  these docs are doing what they are supposed to do-fulfilling their Hippocratic oath despite what "conventional wisdom" was telling them that hey MUST do.  medicine did not evolve from tunnel vision.  it was and should be a collaborative process of many helping many, not a few believing they are the ONE$ who have all of the answer$

2 of 10, quit drinking urine
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: January 12, 2022, 07:29:52 AM »
"real cure is to get people the relief before the S&S get too severe/fatal and the vaccine fails to accomplish this"

That's all you needed to post to demonstrate how little you know. The vaccine is exceedingly good at reducing severe symptoms, hospitalization and death by every metric we can track across the globe.

"Medical professional"

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: January 12, 2022, 07:36:49 AM »
Honestly rocket still thinks people should get sick to avoid getting really sick.

What a moron.