collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois  (Read 96746 times)

WarriorDad

• All American
Re: Illinois
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »
Can't take it when a spade is a spade so you're going to follow me across the board?

I live in the state and came across your comments here.  Did a double take to make sure it was you because of what you said earlier in the 1952 section.  Yup, it was you.   :( 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »
Thanks, Goose.

We’re lucky. Our golf course is open (walkers or singles in carts) and pickle ball courts too. Tennis and the fitness center closed but perfect weather for walking/running. Sites opening locally where anyone can get a test.

How are things in Milwaukee?

It sucks the hind tit, Lenny Man. The Gov. gets to decide who he puts outta business, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #352 on: May 08, 2020, 04:55:36 AM »

It sucks the hind tit, Lenny Man. The Gov. gets to decide who he puts outta business, hey?

The governor is following federal guidelines you know.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2020, 08:10:56 AM »

Stoopid governor following guidelines specifically laid out by the leader of our nation. I mean, how dumm can he be?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2020, 10:01:43 AM »

In some ways, sure, but I’m unaware of any federal guidelines instructing governors to hide from desperate nursing homes behind a “This mailbox is full and no longer accepting calls” message.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
In some ways, sure, but I’m unaware of any federal guidelines instructing governors to hide from desperate nursing homes behind a “This mailbox is full and no longer accepting calls” message.

Have you called the hotline?

• All American
« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2020, 10:23:10 AM »

In Wisconsin?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »
Lenny, is there anything new on the nursing home situation? I have been wondering.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
In Wisconsin?

Well the title of this thread is Illinois...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2020, 12:31:12 PM »
Lenny, is there anything new on the nursing home situation? I have been wondering.

They have had several more positives among both staff and residents. Some good news, though - evidently a family member of a resident has connections somewhere and more test kits are on the way.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2020, 12:33:07 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
They have had several more positives among both staff and residents. Some good news, though - evidently a family member of a resident has connections somewhere and more test kits are on the way.

The Chicago wsy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »
Have you called the hotline?

No. I’m taking the word of the Villa’s director.

• All American
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2020, 01:33:47 PM »
Well the title of this thread is Illinois...

Well the question Lenny’s asked 4ever was about Wisconsin. I know. Reading comprehension can be hard.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2020, 01:45:44 PM »
I know. Reading comprehension can be hard.

I'm proud of you.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step.  Now just work on correcting it.  Try to follow thoughts together perhaps.  This one started here:

My wife just received a chilling email from the director at Addolorata Villa, an assisted living/skilled care facility in Wheeling, Il run by the Sisters of St Francis. My wife%u2019s 98 year old mother is a current resident. At this time 9 residents and 5 workers have tested positive for Covid 19.
Here is a portion of that email:

Comprehension can be tough, but I have faith you can do it.  Well a little faith anyways. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »
Rereading, I think 4ever was replying to my “How are things in Milwaukee?”. In my response, I was talking about Illinois. So the misunderstanding is my fault.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »
No one else received that email yesterday from the state treasurer?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

• All American
« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
Rereading, I think 4ever was replying to my “How are things in Milwaukee?”. In my response, I was talking about Illinois. So the misunderstanding is my fault.

That is exactly what he was doing.

See buck?  Was that so hard to understand?  You should probably keep your bad takes confined to the baseball thread. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2020, 07:48:30 PM »
That is exactly what he was doing.

See buck?  Was that so hard to understand?  You should probably keep your bad takes confined to the baseball thread.

You were still the one that didn't comprehend it correctly there chief.

And I do pretty much confine my opinions.  I don't feel the need to throw up my ridiculous opinions all over every thread.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »

Pretty sure the POTUS has clearly stated that, tough he may not be in agreement, the governors will decide the how and the when their state will reopen. Liquor stores, car washes, and even garden centers are apparently essential, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2020, 08:32:04 PM »

Pretty sure the POTUS has clearly stated that, tough he may not be in agreement, the governors will decide the how and the when their state will reopen. Liquor stores, car washes, and even garden centers are apparently essential, hey?

The White House released this...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

If you go under criteria, you will see testing "gating criteria" that the state used to construct its "Badger Bounce Back Plan."  Wisconsin has yet to meet these criteria but is trending in the right direction.

So again, Evers is acting on the Trump administration's guidance. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2020, 10:45:45 PM »
You were still the one that didn't comprehend it correctly there chief.

And I do pretty much confine my opinions.  I don't feel the need to throw up my ridiculous opinions all over every thread.

lmao

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2020, 11:21:02 PM »
Hey get over to the Wisconsin thread if you want to discuss Tony Evers......

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #373 on: May 09, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »
No one else received that email yesterday from the state treasurer?

No, but the program details are here: https://illinoistreasurer.gov/Invest_in_Illinois/Small_Business_COVID-19_Relief_Program

The state is lending in $1MM increments at 0.1% interest to regional/local banks.

Those banks can lend to SMBs at rates not to exceed 4.75%.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #374 on: May 09, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
No, but the program details are here: https://illinoistreasurer.gov/Invest_in_Illinois/Small_Business_COVID-19_Relief_Program

The state is lending in $1MM increments at 0.1% interest to regional/local banks.

Those banks can lend to SMBs at rates not to exceed 4.75%.

Where are they getting the money to lend? 

If the state want to help small business, it could start by paying their own bills that are out 120+ days.  I know of several small businesses that were close to bankruptcy even before this crisis because of money the state owes them.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback