collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 239787 times)

MUDAN05

• Walk-On
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1225 on: September 17, 2023, 02:32:04 PM »
I admit, I do not know much about Volleyball, but I do watch the team and go to a handful of games.  Why is Murray not playing more, is she coming off an injury?

Also, Natalie Ring played some last year and I think was a decently regarding HS player and I think Morgan Daughtry was a decent HS recruit as well, why don’t they play at all? 

Just curious if someone more knowledge than me knows more about what is going on with the team. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1226 on: September 17, 2023, 06:23:28 PM »
Another brutal game to be at. I understand the height of Oregon was a factor. Yet, MU looks slow. Passing is poor. On to Villanova on Friday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1227 on: September 17, 2023, 09:22:53 PM »
Watched a bit of the UW v FL game, UW stormed back down 0-2 to win. MU isn’t great, but man the result v UW could have easily been 3-0. Perhaps a combination of not being particularly sharp and a mental let down hurt. Gotta keep fighting!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1228 on: September 17, 2023, 09:28:18 PM »
Watched a bit of the UW v FL game, UW stormed back down 0-2 to win. MU isn’t great, but man the result v UW could have easily been 3-0. Perhaps a combination of not being particularly sharp and a mental let down hurt. Gotta keep fighting!

Florida’s All American setter (probably) tore her ACL towards the end of set 2, and they were missing one of their outsides.

Florida’s best pin hitter is a freshman who played two years of high school in the Green Bay Area, as her dad was an assistant coach with the Packers. Former Packer great Ruvell Martin.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1229 on: September 18, 2023, 06:27:16 AM »
Florida’s All American setter (probably) tore her ACL towards the end of set 2, and they were missing one of their outsides.

Florida’s best pin hitter is a freshman who played two years of high school in the Green Bay Area, as her dad was an assistant coach with the Packers. Former Packer great Ruvell Martin.

Ahh, I thought I had heard something about an injury, didn’t realize it was about the time the match swung. I tuned in late in the third. I’m a big Orzol fan.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1230 on: September 18, 2023, 09:33:30 AM »
Ahh, I thought I had heard something about an injury, didn’t realize it was about the time the match swung. I tuned in late in the third. I’m a big Orzol fan.

Orzol would make an awesome Big East outside.  Too small to consistently terminate in the Big Ten, but quick and athletic with a solid arm.  She'd be better off at Marquette, while Anchante would take Wisconsin from a Final Four candidate to the clear favorite to win the NCAA championship.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1231 on: September 23, 2023, 07:03:31 PM »
Ahhh, nothing like Big East play to right the ship.

Think it’s pretty telling though that while everyone is hitting .350+ over the first two matches, Reitsma is still in the .100s against bad teams

She is just not a capable attacker at this level. Give her the Libero jersey and let Holmstrom get some run at OH2 with Kushner taking her back row.

Think that would help with the serve receive issues as well.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1232 on: September 23, 2023, 10:10:29 PM »
Ahhh, nothing like Big East play to right the ship.

Think it’s pretty telling though that while everyone is hitting .350+ over the first two matches, Reitsma is still in the .100s against bad teams

She is just not a capable attacker at this level. Give her the Libero jersey and let Holmstrom get some run at OH2 with Kushner taking her back row.

Think that would help with the serve receive issues as well.

Big fan of Reitsma, I think I like your observations.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1233 on: September 29, 2023, 09:31:13 AM »
The Dayton win is starting to look really good. Could it be enough to get us in at large if we don't slip to any team? (sans Creighton)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1234 on: October 06, 2023, 09:21:42 PM »
Marquette takes care of #15 ranked Creighton at the Al in three sets. Good crowd of 2,209.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1235 on: October 06, 2023, 09:38:31 PM »
Marquette takes care of #15 ranked Creighton at the Al in three sets. Good crowd of 2,209.

Wow very impressive. Especially with Murray hitting negative.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1236 on: October 06, 2023, 10:34:40 PM »
Creighton really needs Norah Sis back (our best player)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: November 19, 2023, 09:01:42 AM »
Clinched a share of the Big East title yesterday.

With our only strong wins being Dayton & Creighton I'm still nervous about whether we would get an at large bid.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: November 20, 2023, 09:15:06 AM »
Clinched a share of the Big East title yesterday.

With our only strong wins being Dayton & Creighton I'm still nervous about whether we would get an at large bid.

They're safely in.  St. John's is the one sweating it out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1239 on: November 24, 2023, 03:24:41 PM »
And MU loses in 5 in the semis at home to St. John’s. Up 5-1 in the 5th to down 11-6. Yikes!

Honestly probably don’t deserve to be in the Tournament? But will be. Most likely will get like an 8/9 matchup to play Wisconsin in the 2nd round.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: November 24, 2023, 06:07:53 PM »
Just a miserable performance. What an incredible disappointing season from this team after returning everyone.

To beat a team 25-11 in set one and come back and lose the next one 14-25 is completely inexcusable.

This season is on Theis for his complete lack of development of these players and his inability to get another pin or Libero building off of last years success.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1241 on: November 25, 2023, 02:31:41 PM »
Jays sweep St John’s to win the championship and have a decent shot at a 3 seed.

Agree, knowing how they place teams in the ncaa tournament that Marquette will be headed to Madison.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1243 on: November 26, 2023, 06:41:42 PM »
6 seed in Purdue’s regional. I don’t think Purdue would be particularly pleased with that draw.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: December 01, 2023, 06:23:39 PM »
All of Reitsma’s swings are basically roll shots against good competition.

She’s completely useless against high majors.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1245 on: December 01, 2023, 07:49:51 PM »
MU comically bad at closing out sets, and has been all year.

Up 19-16 set 2, lose. Up 23-19! Set 3 and give up a 5-0 run before tying it at 24-24.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: December 01, 2023, 07:57:11 PM »
Horrid officiating too. Coaches are 6/6 from challenges and an abysmal lift call against Bray in set 2.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1247 on: December 01, 2023, 08:32:07 PM »
Par for the course for the season. Couldn’t close out another set, Reitsma couldn’t terminate to save her life.

Way to go Theis. Great roster construction.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1248 on: December 01, 2023, 08:48:03 PM »
Well that's a bummer, how's the prospects for next year? Seems like we have a lot of our key players back. What glaring issues need filling to actually live up to the hype of a preseason 12 ranking?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: December 01, 2023, 09:08:28 PM »
Well that's a bummer, how's the prospects for next year? Seems like we have a lot of our key players back. What glaring issues need filling to actually live up to the hype of a preseason 12 ranking?

Murray and Hamilton are both gone unless they have COVID years.

I think next year is gonna be tough unless they hit the portal hard. Like, wrong side of the bubble tough.