collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1125910 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10250 on: May 24, 2021, 09:51:05 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10251 on: May 24, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
The right wing has their Emmanuel Goldstein to focus their hate and distract them from who was actually in charge.

Suckers.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10252 on: May 24, 2021, 10:34:17 AM »
Fauci is so f'n incompetent...he should have been FIRED.  I don't get how he kept a job for the past 4 years.  I hate that Presidents are stuck with federal employees and don't have any say in who works for the federal government.  I know that if DJT was able to he would have rid America of that fool.  Why is American government set up so poorly, why can't well intentioned POTUSes get to pick their own people?

Thank god we had competent doctors like Scott Atlas, right?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10253 on: May 24, 2021, 10:35:54 AM »
Fauci is so f'n incompetent...he should have been FIRED.  I don't get how he kept a job for the past 4 years.  I hate that Presidents are stuck with federal employees and don't have any say in who works for the federal government.  I know that if DJT was able to he would have rid America of that fool.  Why is American government set up so poorly, why can't well intentioned POTUSes get to pick their own people?

AM drinking on the Teal Train again, Lens?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #10254 on: May 24, 2021, 10:47:38 AM »
AM drinking on the Teal Train again, Lens?

It's a 24/7 Bar Car,,,
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10255 on: May 24, 2021, 11:14:10 AM »
Fauci didn’t lie. Fauci didn’t know everything.  He’s a public health figure who was right more than he was wrong. That’s all.

Has he been lifted up too much as the voice of authority?  Yep.

Has he been vilified by other cause they want to excuse the poor presidential leadership in place last year?  No doubt.

Ya the lifting up and worshipping from the media towards Fauci is what has gotten me most fired up through this whole thing.  Trump was wrong plenty and held accountable by the media and voters.  Fauci has been wrong a lot as well but that gets ignored and his word continues to be viewed as gospel by too many.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10256 on: May 24, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »
My sense of smell is still messed up 6 months in.

My bro in law still has not recovered his sense of smell after having Covid 3 months ago. He recovered otherwise fine within a week or so. Was never seriously sick...no hospitalization or anything close to that. But the smell just has not come back. He's wondering if it ever will.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10257 on: May 24, 2021, 03:27:52 PM »
Trump was wrong plenty and held accountable by the media and voters.

Careful ... the GQP will cancel you faster than you can say “Liz.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10258 on: May 24, 2021, 05:22:34 PM »
Ya the lifting up and worshipping from the media towards Fauci is what has gotten me most fired up through this whole thing.  Trump was wrong plenty and held accountable by the media and voters.  Fauci has been wrong a lot as well but that gets ignored and his word continues to be viewed as gospel by too many.

We must be watching different media

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10259 on: May 24, 2021, 06:49:13 PM »
Fauci didn’t lie. Fauci didn’t know everything.  He’s a public health figure who was right more than he was wrong. That’s all.

Has he been lifted up too much as the voice of authority?  Yep.

Has he been vilified by other cause they want to excuse the poor presidential leadership in place last year?  No doubt.

didn't lie??  too much ya mean?  why the horse hockey would ya have to lie when it's always heads i win, tails you lose while our media's heads were so far up his keester they were playing tonsil hockey with him.  poor leadership??  he dumped the loser long before all of the "cool people" started to.  they didn't want to dump him too soon cuz it would've proved 45 was right and we can't have any of that
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10260 on: May 24, 2021, 08:08:10 PM »
didn't lie??  too much ya mean?  why the horse hockey would ya have to lie when it's always heads i win, tails you lose while our media's heads were so far up his keester they were playing tonsil hockey with him.  poor leadership??  he dumped the loser long before all of the "cool people" started to.  they didn't want to dump him too soon cuz it would've proved 45 was right and we can't have any of that

<sad trombone>
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10261 on: May 24, 2021, 08:20:10 PM »
We must be watching different media

My favorite bit of Tony Fauci media darling was when the murderous Governor of NY and TF went back and forth on CNN News concerning which actors should play them when the movie about the heroes of Covid was made. Cuomo suggested DeNiro and Pacino, Tony (kiddingly, I think) said he preferred Brad Pitt. Hard hitting stuff from a right down the middle, hard hitting news organization.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10262 on: May 24, 2021, 08:37:30 PM »
My favorite bit of Tony Fauci media darling was when the murderous Governor of NY and TF went back and forth on CNN News concerning which actors should play them when the movie about the heroes of Covid was made. Cuomo suggested DeNiro and Pacino, Tony (kiddingly, I think) said he preferred Brad Pitt. Hard hitting stuff from a right down the middle, hard hitting news organization.

Levity is always a major felony.  ?-(

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10263 on: May 24, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »

Ah.

You and I are definitely watching different media

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10264 on: May 24, 2021, 09:23:01 PM »
not sure which he is better at...pitching or "expert" epidemiologist

i don't care who you are, but this is funny right there ;D

https://youtu.be/HA2igjmuZIc
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10265 on: May 24, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »
Ah.

You and I are definitely watching different media

My oldest daughter’s significant other works for CNN - gotta support friends/family.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10266 on: May 24, 2021, 10:41:04 PM »

45 was right about next to nothing, which is why he has been replaced by 46.

but at least your hero oversaw the deaths of half a million americans; youse 2 will always have that to celebrate.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10267 on: May 25, 2021, 06:06:51 AM »
Let the partisan hackery continue!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10268 on: May 25, 2021, 06:14:24 AM »
Let the partisan hackery continue!

Says the guy who just posted:

“Let us not forget that if Conservatives had just worn the damn things from the get go a couple hundred thousand people would still be alive and kickin, aina?”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10269 on: May 25, 2021, 06:17:17 AM »
Says the guy who just posted:

“Let us not forget that if Conservatives had just worn the damn things from the get go a couple hundred thousand people would still be alive and kickin, aina?”

Yeah, but if you're paying attention, I didn't deny that the Liberals can't seem to give up their masks.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy of bringing up Liberal stupidity while ignoring Conservative stupidity.

I've been very critical of both parties since this all started.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10270 on: May 25, 2021, 06:22:04 AM »
Yeah, but if you're paying attention, I didn't deny that the Liberals can't seem to give up their masks.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy of bringing up Liberal stupidity while ignoring Conservative stupidity.

I've been very critical of both parties since this all started.

Fair enough. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10271 on: May 25, 2021, 07:30:12 AM »
My Fr. Fauci bobblehead sits patiently in a pinata, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10272 on: May 25, 2021, 09:22:04 AM »
Break time. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10273 on: May 26, 2021, 06:31:19 AM »
A pretty big milestone has been hit, as half of the adults in the United States -- more than 129M people over the age of 18 -- are now fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, according to new data from the CDC.

Nine states - Connecticut, Hawaii, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont - have even inoculated 70% of their adult population with at least one dose. The milestones come nearly two weeks after CDC officials relaxed social distancing and mask requirements for the fully vaccinated, paving the road for many states to ease additional restrictions.

Among people in the U.S. aged 65 and up (a demographic that faces far greater health risks), nearly 74% have been fully vaccinated.

The entire nation also opened up jabs to anyone over 16 in the middle of April, and the FDA approved the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for anyone over 12 nearly two weeks ago. Nearly 5M of these adolescents have received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the CDC.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #10274 on: May 26, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »
A pretty big milestone has been hit, as half of the adults in the United States -- more than 129M people over the age of 18 -- are now fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, according to new data from the CDC.

Nine states - Connecticut, Hawaii, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont - have even inoculated 70% of their adult population with at least one dose. The milestones come nearly two weeks after CDC officials relaxed social distancing and mask requirements for the fully vaccinated, paving the road for many states to ease additional restrictions.

Among people in the U.S. aged 65 and up (a demographic that faces far greater health risks), nearly 74% have been fully vaccinated.

The entire nation also opened up jabs to anyone over 16 in the middle of April, and the FDA approved the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for anyone over 12 nearly two weeks ago. Nearly 5M of these adolescents have received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the CDC.

No surprise the entirety of New England is on the list.

feedback