[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Indiana Playing Better  (Read 20065 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: Indiana Playing Better
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2011, 12:29:51 PM »
Yahoo! column today on this very subject

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AqNtEbtb5U6FGmpOrU8D743evbYF?slug=jn-bigten022211

Sums up what I, and many people here have been saying.  They shouldn't be this bad three years in. 

Crean has proven that he can put a team with two NBA players into the NIT and proven that he needs at least 4 years to get out of the Big Ten basement.  His act will get old.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
Yahoo! column today on this very subject

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AqNtEbtb5U6FGmpOrU8D743evbYF?slug=jn-bigten022211

So Crean is a) not meeting the pundits/experts expectations, b) not meeting IU's fans expectations and c) not meeting Tom Crean's expectations. Lucky for him that the three people in the world whose incredibly low expectations he has met are McRobbie, Glass and Dykes.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »
You're right, three starters go down to injuries and having their 7 footer suspended didn't impact year 3 at all.  CHECK   ::)

Please, just shoot me...never mind, I'll do it myself.  When we get this type of solid analysis from moderators here, that's the only thing left to do.  Still have the racist posts living up here on Scoop, Rocky...well of course you do.  

We are putting the bet loser on You Tube still, correct?  For all to see?  

Could you please point out the holes in my analysis?  Shouldn't his bench be deep enough by now to at least have a .500 record?  Oh well, I'll admit I mostly just post my stuff to get you riled up, and because I'm looking forward to winning :)  On the payup - if you want to do a video, that's fine, but pictures are all that's required.  In fact, if I were to lose, I had only promised pics of me in IU gear in a few prominent Colorado locations.

Finally, I guess I'll address your "racist" claims since you insist on bringing it up everywhere.  You're the only one that thinks it's racist Chicos.  There's a difference between acknowledging that people are a different race, and actually being racist.  You seem to think the former is equal to the latter.  It's not.  That's why all the "racist" posts you report stay up.

Oh, and FYI, here's the most recent post Chicos reported as "racist"
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=24416.msg271554#msg271554
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:50:37 PM by rocky_warrior »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »

LOL... nothing surprises me with the protected anymore.  Yeeeesh...

PS - Rocky any chance you have a hookup for good seats to the 1st and 2nd round (I'm not calling them 2nd and 3rd) games at Pepsi Center?  If Minnesota or Marquette makes it there, I may head into town.  Close to just buying a ticket and hoping this week.  Also, might be hanging out in Denver April 15-17 for the Double Pump tourney... if you want to get together and talk about users on this board, I will try to keep some time open.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
PS - Rocky any chance you have a hookup for good seats to the 1st and 2nd round (I'm not calling them 2nd and 3rd) games at Pepsi Center? 

Not yet.  But I'm hoping to track down a CSU alum that hopefully bought some.  Otherwise, if Marquette is there I'll be buying them off the street too.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
That awesome team that anyone in the country could have coached to lofty heights was the same one you picked to go 9-9 in the Big East. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Ahh, reading problems again from our elderly statesman.

I said any one of 300 DI coaches.  There are 345 DI coaches....let's just say I lumped Buzz in with the 45 that couldn't which is why I picked them for 9-9.

No hypocrisy at all sunshine....the talent was always there, I didn't think Buzz could pull off not screwing it up.  As I said throughout that year, look it up if you wish, I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't screw it up.  Just as last year I said he should be considered for Big East COY...but of course you forget that as well.

Keep up with the reading, sugar.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
So Crean is a) not meeting the pundits/experts expectations, b) not meeting IU's fans expectations and c) not meeting Tom Crean's expectations. Lucky for him that the three people in the world whose incredibly low expectations he has met are McRobbie, Glass and Dykes.

LOL....can you get the names spelled right...it would make you look a lot less ignorant.

So, a Yahoo article says it's so.  OHHH NNNNOOOOOOEESSS.   I'll bet the President of the university and the rest are running for the hills, probably meeting as we speak.   ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2011, 09:52:54 PM »
Could you please point out the holes in my analysis?  Shouldn't his bench be deep enough by now to at least have a .500 record?  Oh well, I'll admit I mostly just post my stuff to get you riled up, and because I'm looking forward to winning :)  On the payup - if you want to do a video, that's fine, but pictures are all that's required.  In fact, if I were to lose, I had only promised pics of me in IU gear in a few prominent Colorado locations.

Finally, I guess I'll address your "racist" claims since you insist on bringing it up everywhere.  You're the only one that thinks it's racist Chicos.  There's a difference between acknowledging that people are a different race, and actually being racist.  You seem to think the former is equal to the latter.  It's not.  That's why all the "racist" posts you report stay up.

No, I'm not the ONLY one that thinks its racist.  Secondly, it's just plain crap.  I never said caucasian ever but you let that crap live on.  You're letting a number of those posts claiming that I want caucasian players which I've never said.  Thus, you are pushing the racist crap.  Why else would you let it on there? 

Now, on the basketball front, I've explained it to you many times but you don't want to listen.  Most of their good players will be juniors and freshmen next year.  They are the 3rd youngest team in the Big Ten, Rocky, and thus they often play like it.  I don't know why this is so far for to grasp, but apparently it is.  Nothing I can do to help you with that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »
Rocky:  "Be strong and shout at the devil"   8-)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »
Most of their good players will be juniors and freshmen next year. 

Who are these juniors and frosh?  I'm thinking a guy like you means:

Elston
Capobianco
Hulls
Zeller
Etherington

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
Who are these juniors and frosh?  I'm thinking a guy like you means:

Elston
Capobianco
Hulls
Zeller
Etherington

Watford will be a junior
Hulls a junior
Creek a junior
Zeller a freshman

Well, we disagree again...at least on some.  Those will be 4 of the top players on the team

The others will depend on how they approach things next year.  Is it Pritchard ( who will be a Soph).  Or is it Sheehy or someone else.  Point is, they have 1 SR. On the team that plays and he isn't very good.  Their best players now are arguably all sophomores and freshmen with one exception.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »
I don't know why this is so far for to grasp, but apparently it is.  Nothing I can do to help you with that.

By the time I decode that first sentence fragment, maybe I'll have won the bet  :D

As for the rest, I'll happily let you keep beating the drum.  Hope it makes you feel better!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
Ahh, reading problems again from our elderly statesman.

I said any one of 300 DI coaches.  There are 345 DI coaches....let's just say I lumped Buzz in with the 45 that couldn't which is why I picked them for 9-9.

Thank you for finally coming out of the closet regarding your true feelings about Buzz. I knew that you were against hiring him but even I didn't think you held him in such low esteem. Admitting that your opinion going in on Buzz was that he was the equal of the Centenary or Prairie View A+M coach but inferior to the coaches at N Dakota, E Washington, Bryant, Florida Gulf Coast, Citadel, Idaho St, Eastern Michigan, Navy, Towson St, North Carolina Central, Delaware St, Cal St Bakersfield, Florida International, High Point, Monmouth, St Francis (PA), Samford, Hartford,Savannah St, UC Riverside, Troy, Stoney Brook, NC A+T, CS Fullerton, New Hampshire, Army, Jackson St, Gardner Webb, S Utah, Sacred Heart, Mount St Marys, Utah Valley, UC Davis, Texas St, Youngstown St, Elon, Campbell, Bethune Cookman, Texas Arlington, E Kentucky, U Texas San Antonio, Albany, William + Mary, Brown, Presbyterian, Texas Southern, Louisiana - Lafayette, Nicholls State, Chattanooga, Morgan St, Mercer, N Florida, St Francis (NY), UMKC, Tennessee Tech, VMI, Denver, Charleston Southern, McNeese St, Lehigh, Columbia, Hampton, Canisius, Stephen F Austin, Yale, Cal Poly SLO, Loyola (Maryland), Delaware, Robert Morris and Central Connecticut St. (among too many others to mention in the "top 300") says it all. I don't think there is anyone, anywhere (even among the biggest opponents to his hiring) other than you who would have preferred the coaches at the schools mentioned above to Buzz.

Acknowledging that you were the biggest anti-Buzz guy here beginning his first season and given your track record of difficulty admitting mistakes, I'm not surprised you never pass on an opportunity to bash him. Thanks for admitting as much.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:47:33 AM by Lennys Tap »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
LOL....can you get the names spelled right...it would make you look a lot less ignorant.

So, a Yahoo article says it's so.  OHHH NNNNOOOOOOEESSS.   I'll bet the President of the university and the rest are running for the hills, probably meeting as we speak.   ::)

Interesting. So, the same guy who finds and posts links from the most obscure of blogs of they contain any negative comment about Buzz Williams and/or MU is completely dismissive of what's written on the second most-read sports site online (behind ESPN).
Good thing you've never been accused of being consistent.

By the way, how could you have lumped Buzz into the 45 worst coaches in the country three years ago when everyone knows you can't evaluate a coach until after five years on the job?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
I said any one of 300 DI coaches.  There are 345 DI coaches....let's just say I lumped Buzz in with the 45 that couldn't which is why I picked them for 9-9.

No hypocrisy at all sunshine....the talent was always there, I didn't think Buzz could pull off not screwing it up. 

Wes Matthews has about 30 million reasons to disagree with your assessment that Buzz.  I wouldn't call Buzz's performance in 2009 not screwing up.  He did a great job maximizing the talent he had that year. 

MU stayed competitive in a Big East loaded with big men talent (Thabeet, Monroe, Harangody, Blair) and in many cases about even talent in the back court.  That was a guantlet of a Big East and you could not roll the ball out with your seniors and win the way he did. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »

The others will depend on how they approach things next year.  Is it Pritchard ( who will be a Soph).  Or is it Sheehy or someone else.  Point is, they have 1 SR. On the team that plays and he isn't very good.  Their best players now are arguably all sophomores and freshmen with one exception.

Wow. Pritchard will most certainly not be a "soph". He'll be a senior, an off and on starter from day one. I'm shocked that the alum in charge of setting expectations knows so little about his alma mater. Has the train wreck been so bad that you've been afraid to watch?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
By the time I decode that first sentence fragment, maybe I'll have won the bet  :D

As for the rest, I'll happily let you keep beating the drum.  Hope it makes you feel better!

iPhone....drives me nuts.  When it auto corrects it often chooses the wrong word and if I'm not paying attention, it goes through.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2011, 01:58:16 PM »
Interesting. So, the same guy who finds and posts links from the most obscure of blogs of they contain any negative comment about Buzz Williams and/or MU is completely dismissive of what's written on the second most-read sports site online (behind ESPN).
Good thing you've never been accused of being consistent.

By the way, how could you have lumped Buzz into the 45 worst coaches in the country three years ago when everyone knows you can't evaluate a coach until after five years on the job?

It's called a guess and a prediction, that's what predictions and guesses are.  I was asked to put in my guesses, should I have said 0-0 because I have to wait 5 years?  Silly boy.

It's funny you say obscure blogs that I reference, but don't mention the mainstream ones too....ahh, selectivity at it's finest.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »
Wes Matthews has about 30 million reasons to disagree with your assessment that Buzz.  I wouldn't call Buzz's performance in 2009 not screwing up.  He did a great job maximizing the talent he had that year. 

MU stayed competitive in a Big East loaded with big men talent (Thabeet, Monroe, Harangody, Blair) and in many cases about even talent in the back court.  That was a guantlet of a Big East and you could not roll the ball out with your seniors and win the way he did. 

Wes Matthews made it himself.  I'd remind you that he wasn't drafted with Buzz.  He proved himself in the tryouts and the camps.  Do you honestly believe he would not have been invited to the camps and tryouts if TC was still head coach?  Please.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
iPhone....drives me nuts.  When it auto corrects it often chooses the wrong word and if I'm not paying attention, it goes through.

Let me get this straight. If someone else omits a letter creating a misspelling they are ignorant. If you submit something totally nonsensical it's your phone's fault. Sounds fair.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »
Watford will be a junior
Hulls a junior
Creek a junior
Zeller a freshman

Well, we disagree again...at least on some.  Those will be 4 of the top players on the team

We do disagree, but we haven't on this topic yet (but will in a moment).  I didn't list those players because I think they are the good juniors and freshman - I listed them because I thought a guy like you would prefer those juniors and freshman (and certainly a senior "sophomore" like Pritchard and real sophomore WillShe would be guys you'd like).  

As for the four best next year, I'll go with Watford, Jones, Hulls and Oladipo.  I understand why you wouldn't care for Verdell or Victor and Crean certainly won't be able to use them as well as many other coaches could, but Creek ain't coming back anything like he was as a frosh.  It's unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2011, 02:11:09 PM »
Do you honestly believe he would not have been invited to the camps and tryouts if TC was still head coach?  Please.

Given the fact that TC would have surely continued to treat him as the third or fourth wheel, I'd say yes. From everything Wes has said, he'd say yes too.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
This thread is that 7th circle of hell Dante referred to.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
This thread is that 7th circle of hell Dante referred to.

Another MUScoop first  ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »

Acknowledging that you were the biggest anti-Buzz guy here beginning his first season and given your track record of difficulty admitting mistakes, I'm not surprised you never pass on an opportunity to bash him. Thanks for admitting as much.
WRONG

From day one I've said I didn't think MU should hire him that fast, he could be had a week or two later.  What's strange is that you continue to ignore the praise I've given him...why is that?  Why is it when I said he should be Big East Coach of the Year contention last year it just doesn't register with you?  Or any number of other examples?

You may want to go back and read what I've said over the years because it's obvious from your quote above you haven't or you have continued difficulty comprehending.  I don't know which one it is with you, but clearly you have an issue.

I've been consistent from day one....I don't think we should have hired him that quickly.  Once we did hire him, I've said time and time again I hope he does well because that means MU is doing well.  I've said also that I hope he's here 10 years and replicates what the last regime did.  These are all in the record, right there for everyone to see.  Use that search function, it's not hard.  I'll even give you a tutorial if you wish.

Oh, and I've also been consistent to say we'll truly know what we have in year 5.  You have in the camp about 14 seconds after the first wet kiss, but I like to wait awhile.  

I invite you to actually read the comments over the years
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:57:42 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

feedback