[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

Shaka interview by Zog from Margo
[Today at 02:08:01 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Stretchdeltsig
[Today at 01:25:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Indiana Playing Better  (Read 19800 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Indiana Playing Better
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
Wow. Pritchard will most certainly not be a "soph". He'll be a senior, an off and on starter from day one. I'm shocked that the alum in charge of setting expectations knows so little about his alma mater. Has the train wreck been so bad that you've been afraid to watch?

My apologies that at 12:23am and flying all day that I made a mistake on my iPhone.  Thanks Bernie.  I kept trying to think of Oladipo, who is a freshman, but his name was escaping me.  I like that kid a lot....but wait, he's not Caucasian...right Rocky?   At any rate, my apologies for putting in Pritchard's name.  Odd, considering I'm such a HUGE INDIANA FAN according to the nutjobs here, that I would miss that....oh that's right, I'm a MU fan first, second, third.....but that little tidbit escapes people, too.  Go figure.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
Given the fact that TC would have surely continued to treat him as the third or fourth wheel, I'd say yes. From everything Wes has said, he'd say yes too.

LOL...it's funny how you lock in on Wes' "unleash" quote but ignore the quote the week after from the same Wes Matthews on Crean.  Ahh, but it really isn't funny and not shocking at all, now is it. 

It amazes me that someone at your advanced years in age would actually think Wes Matthews, who WASN'T drafted even though being 'UNLEASHED' would not have had the same opportunities to showcase himself to the NBA.  No, none whatsoever.   ::)    Keep going Bernie, you're a beauty with your logic.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »
We do disagree, but we haven't on this topic yet (but will in a moment).  I didn't list those players because I think they are the good juniors and freshman - I listed them because I thought a guy like you would prefer those juniors and freshman (and certainly a senior "sophomore" like Pritchard and real sophomore WillShe would be guys you'd like).  

As for the four best next year, I'll go with Watford, Jones, Hulls and Oladipo.  I understand why you wouldn't care for Verdell or Victor and Crean certainly won't be able to use them as well as many other coaches could, but Creek ain't coming back anything like he was as a frosh.  It's unfortunate, but that's how it is.

Yeah, as I stated, I like Ola's game but it was late and I couldn't come up with his name.  Too much traveling, tired and cocktails in the system...oh well.  We'll see on Creek.  I fear you are right, it's a shame as he's a good kid.  To bust up two knee caps like that at his age is a heart breaker for that kid.

Lenny was probably cheering it to happen.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
  We'll see on Creek.  I fear you are right, it's a shame as he's a good kid.  To bust up two knee caps like that at his age is a heart breaker for that kid.

Lenny was probably cheering it to happen.

I was probably cheering (for) it to happen? What kind of person could even write that? You've hit new lows, and considering you're the same guy who recently called the MU players that he loves and supports "choking dogs" who "pee all over thmselves" that's saying something.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »
LOL...it's funny how you lock in on Wes' "unleash" quote but ignore the quote the week after from the same Wes Matthews on Crean.  Ahh, but it really isn't funny and not shocking at all, now is it. 

It amazes me that someone at your advanced years in age would actually think Wes Matthews, who WASN'T drafted even though being 'UNLEASHED' would not have had the same opportunities to showcase himself to the NBA.  No, none whatsoever.   ::)    Keep going Bernie, you're a beauty with your logic.

Wesley gives full credit to Buzz's assistance and very, very little credit to I4 for him getting a chance in the NBA. 

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
Wes Matthews made it himself.  I'd remind you that he wasn't drafted with Buzz.  He proved himself in the tryouts and the camps.  Do you honestly believe he would not have been invited to the camps and tryouts if TC was still head coach?  Please.

Wes got to about 18 ppg his senior year.  Unless you are going to argue that he got all of Barro and Fitz's shots, then you have to say that Buzz changing the focus of the offense off of Dom and focusing more on Matthews and Hayward was a factor.  Granted, Wes was a senior and played more.

You really think Crean would have thrown out his play of running the clock down and letting Dom fire one up after running that crap for 9 years?  Getting rid of that awful set "unleashed" Wes.  Why would you invite an average player on probably the 20th best team in the country who would have probably appeared to be the 4th best player on the team? 

I honestly do not think that Wes would have been invited to camps.  Unless his dad somehow had connections behind the scenes from back in the day, there is no way in my opinion. 

To your point, Wes deserves all the credit.  The guy never said a word while watching his teammates handed the back off to each other at the coach's request and jack up shots while he stood on the wing for three years.  The guy worked hard and all he needed was the opportunity that Buzz gave him.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
still looking for their 4th Big Ten win....
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »

I honestly do not think that Wes would have been invited to camps.  Unless his dad somehow had connections behind the scenes from back in the day, there is no way in my opinion. 

Then you have no idea how it works.  He most certainly would have been invited to the camps.  Forget his dad, look at the people Crean has had invited to the camps over the years that probably didn't belong there...that's where the connections come in.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
still looking for their 4th Big Ten win....

Since we're so excited about articles around here, here's one from Rick Bozich

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110223/COLUMNISTS01/302230143/Rick-Bozich-Indiana-cleanup-real-takes-time

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
Funny thing happened today: Crean's tweets stopped after this OSU blowout.
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Did he shake Matta's hand graciously or was it one of those cold tit jobs?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
Was at the game, didn't see the the postgame handshake, but Crean did have to be directed/ordered off the court at halftime after some heated discussion with the officials and Matta.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
Thomas, who Indiana coach Tom Crean had tried to recruit after he had verbally committed to Ohio State, was the story for the Buckeyes in the first half.

Hmmm...I could swear that not long ago in reference to Vander Blue, someone posted that...we (presumably MU) used to honor verbal commitments.  We used to get our undies in a bunch when schools kept recruiting our players.  No longer.  Just win baby.

It certainly makes one wonder what time frame used to is referring to (of course now we will probably hear that it dates back decades ago), and where the feigned indignation comes from? This certainly sounds like the sort of thing that should make Indiana fans squirm, as it seems our previous guy is just as reprehensible as our current guy.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310580194

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
From ESPN:
Crean's temper flared when Matta spoke to the officials at the end of the half. Crean made sure he also joined the conversation.
"I don't do it and I don't think coaches should get a free conference with the officials at halftime," he said. "That's happened to us, nothing was done about it, and I wasn't going to stand back and not be a part of that. Whether it's gamesmanship, whatever it is, it's the way that it is. The half is over. The officials are supposed to be leaving the floor, as are the teams, and that didn't happen."

Wahhhhhhhh...  Yeah, that's why they were getting blown out...  Couldn't be because they stink.

groove

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
Handshake etiquette is a global issue. I saw the Fulham-Manchester City game yesterday. Hughes and Mancini had a classic no-looked antagonist handshake. It was mentioned by both in the press conference after the game.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »
Handshake etiquette is a global issue. I saw the Fulham-Manchester City game yesterday. Hughes and Mancini had a classic no-looked antagonist handshake. It was mentioned by both in the press conference after the game.

Some serious bad blood between those two. Seeing as Mancini had accepted the Chelseas job while Hughes was still the coach, I can see why. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »
Thomas, who Indiana coach Tom Crean had tried to recruit after he had verbally committed to Ohio State, was the story for the Buckeyes in the first half.

Hmmm...I could swear that not long ago in reference to Vander Blue, someone posted that...we (presumably MU) used to honor verbal commitments.  We used to get our undies in a bunch when schools kept recruiting our players.  No longer.  Just win baby.

It certainly makes one wonder what time frame used to is referring to (of course now we will probably hear that it dates back decades ago), and where the feigned indignation comes from? This certainly sounds like the sort of thing that should make Indiana fans squirm, as it seems our previous guy is just as reprehensible as our current guy.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310580194

One scoop of douchy and one scoop of squirmy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
Does make me squirm. Buzz shouldn't do it and neither should Crean.  It's BS that these coaches are doing this, even worse that our fans think it's hunky dory.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »
Does make me squirm. Buzz shouldn't do it and neither should Crean.  It's BS that these coaches are doing this, even worse that our fans think it's hunky dory.

But what about all the lectures you gave us about Crean's "hands being tied" and Glass and McRobbie insisting that he do things the right way? This and the whole AAU fiasco suggest that was just holier than thou talk.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2011, 07:37:47 PM »
But what about all the lectures you gave us about Crean's "hands being tied" and Glass and McRobbie insisting that he do things the right way? This and the whole AAU fiasco suggest that was just holier than thou talk.

Wow, you really do need to go back and read some things don't you.

Go back and read what "hands tied" meant, who he could and could not go after.  Then get back to me.

Thanks for playing