Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8600557 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/17
« Reply #9675 on: September 27, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
I know this was asked before and I missed the response, but, when does Quentin plan to decide?

No timetable given yet. His last visit is here on October 20. He has previously not committed to a time, but I'd guess by the end of October or early November.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9676 on: September 27, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »
No timetable given yet. His last visit is here on October 20. He has previously not committed to a time, but I'd guess by the end of October or early November.

Emphasis on 'guess'.  I'm not aware that he's committed to the Fall signing period but that seems to be the sense.  Agreed brew?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #9677 on: September 28, 2017, 07:07:22 AM »
Now that Wade is on the Cavs that can help during the Grimes visit cuz aren't the Cavs in town that weekend? Having Jae swing by the Al was always a nice perk but throw in Wade and that's icing on the cake.

Also, is Jim Boylan still an assistant on the Cavs? Not that Grimes would know who he is or care but maybe he tags along and tells stories of 1977.
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9678 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:10 AM »
Now that Wade is on the Cavs that can help during the Grimes visit cuz aren't the Cavs in town that weekend? Having Jae swing by the Al was always a nice perk but throw in Wade and that's icing on the cake.

Also, is Jim Boylan still an assistant on the Cavs? Not that Grimes would know who he is or care but maybe he tags along and tells stories of 1977.

He is as of last year. I suppose that wouldn’t hurt but beyond just a couple minutes I’m not sure that’s something that 17/18yr olds really go nuts for the way seeing Jae and Wade and potentially Jabari (don’t forget Lebron worked with Wojo on USA basketball to)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:36:12 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9679 on: September 28, 2017, 07:29:17 AM »

Great point on D Wade.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #9680 on: September 28, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »

No offense to Jim, but he shouldn't play any role in our recruitment of Grimes.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9681 on: September 28, 2017, 07:55:22 AM »
No offense to Jim, but he shouldn't play any role in our recruitment of Grimes.

I don't know about that. Having a connection 40 years after you went to school there would still speak well to a recruit. I think in recent years especially, Marquette has done a nice job of involving past players showing your MU experience isn't just a 4 year thing.

That's not unique to Marquette, but I don't think every school is like that.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9682 on: September 28, 2017, 08:04:22 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if James came by too.  He and Dwayne are extremely close and James has no loyalty to any of the other 3 candidates.  As I said to chick, I could picture some 'noon ball' initially involving Jae and Jabari.  Then out of the locker room comes Dwayne and Lebron saying 'need two more?'  Then afterwards elder statesmen Dwayne has a nice chat with mom about what kind of man she wants her son to become.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #9683 on: September 28, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if James came by too.  He and Dwayne are extremely close and James has no loyalty to any of the other 3 candidates.  As I said to chick, I could picture some 'noon ball' initially involving Jae and Jabari.  Then out of the locker room comes Dwayne and Lebron saying 'need two more?'  Then afterwards elder statesmen Dwayne has a nice chat with mom about what kind of man she wants her son to become.

Great story, send that scenario to Wojo and have him recreate it on his visit.  We will lock him up for sure!!
Soooo valuable!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9684 on: September 28, 2017, 08:33:52 AM »
That's quite the imagination you have there glow.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9685 on: September 28, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »

Works for me! Shyte ... where do I sign?!?!?!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

onepost

• All American
« Reply #9686 on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »
In relation to Grimes, it looks like this Louisville (among many others) fallout has only helped us in the interim.
Anfernee Simons is a combo guard who decommitted from Louisville yesterday and appears to be headed to Florida now.

Enter Devon Dotson, who is down to Kansas and Florida and would likely head to Kansas if Simons heads to Florida you would think.
Also, and I know it was stated earlier in this thread, Romeo Langford is down to Indiana and Kansas with Kansas getting most of the momentum right now.

Let's hope it plays out as such.

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #9687 on: September 28, 2017, 09:47:41 AM »
Has a Top 20 kid ever gone to a non blue blood school by process of elimination? If he picks Marquette I feel Grimes thinks Marquette will be the best fit for him not because other doors are closing. Just my thought.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #9688 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:30 AM »
Who is MU recruiting in South Carolina and Florida?

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #9689 on: September 28, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »
Green and Felder ( I think). 2019 guys

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #9690 on: September 28, 2017, 10:07:40 AM »
Let's say everyones wet dream comes to pass and Grimes signs in November. Does this motivate every player on this year's team to do their best, because someone is going to get cut.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #9691 on: September 28, 2017, 10:07:40 AM »
Has a Top 20 kid ever gone to a non blue blood school by process of elimination? If he picks Marquette I feel Grimes thinks Marquette will be the best fit for him not because other doors are closing. Just my thought.

I'm just saying, in a recruitment where you're the non-blue blood (like you said) going against 2 of the best, any and every shoe that drops can only help.
Plus in his recruitment in particular, where he has explicitly stated wanting to be valued by the coaching staff, a contrast of MU focusing every effort on him alone vs. UK bringing in Quickley, maybe Barrett, valuing others over him, and KU maybe bringing in Dotson and Langford, valuing the Zion Williamson's more, has to 100% stand out.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #9692 on: September 28, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
Duplicate post.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9693 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »
Emphasis on 'guess'.  I'm not aware that he's committed to the Fall signing period but that seems to be the sense.  Agreed brew?

Agreed 100%, Glow. He has said in the past he's not set on fall or spring yet, so he could wait until later.

But when you're taking visits to Kentucky and Kansas, I can't imagine why you wait longer. Not like San Antonio or Golden State will be offering. That's why my guess is the early period. But definitely only a guess.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #9694 on: September 28, 2017, 10:32:19 AM »

Your approach is no fun though -- there aren't as many tea leaves to read and game theories to play out. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #9695 on: September 28, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »

Is such a scenario ok under recruiting rules?  Does it depend on if Dwyane/Jae are considered boosters or not?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9696 on: September 28, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
Is such a scenario ok under recruiting rules?  Does it depend on if Dwyane/Jae are considered boosters or not?

I have no idea.  But he'd be on his Official Visit so I can't possibly imagine it being a problem.  It's not like Dwayne is calling him at home or something similar.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9697 on: September 28, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
I have no idea.  But he'd be on his Official Visit so I can't possibly imagine it being a problem.  It's not like Dwayne is calling him at home or something similar.

There was something about Wade not being able to talk with Shumpert while he was here due to his status as a booster. Maybe if Wade is there for practice rather than a guest of an event, it's a different story. I have to think Jay Bee knows this type of rule.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9698 on: September 28, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »
Has a Top 20 kid ever gone to a non blue blood school by process of elimination?

Not exactly sure how you define "process of elimination" in this context, but I would think there have been many instances in which very highly ranked recruits chose schools at least in part because they felt "opportunity doors" had closed based on recruits signed by other schools.

There would be no shame if Grimes took that into consideration when making his final choice of Marquette. He'd be silly to do so if that were the only reason ... but it wouldn't be.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9699 on: September 28, 2017, 11:20:23 AM »
Are you considering the possibility that a lot of high level recruits for 2017 and 2018 may end up being ineligible? MU's 2017 class consisting of three stars may end up being one of the better classes. Until all the shoes drop in this investigation, I would not be too excited about any high level recruit.