[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's going through Buzz and Crean's minds right now?  (Read 38645 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What's going through Buzz and Crean's minds right now?
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »
Suppose a team is RANKED 10th today. And suppose that team had been RANKED 7th in 2003 and RANKED 8th in 1983. Would it be correct to say that the team today was higher ranked than it had been since 1983? Of course not. It would be wrong on the facts. It might be the BEST team since 1983. Maybe 2003 was a down year. That's certainly an argument one could make. But that's not what you wrote. What you wrote was indisputably wrong on the facts. Period. This has been a rough couple of days for you. Take a breath, admit your mistake. Move on. You'll feel better.

Not your best effort, in fact terrible.

That's not your argument....your argument was to make an equivalency that Butch was an equal or better player than Hank based on his RSCI ranking.  It's ironic that in this post you actually acknowledge that the 1983 team might be the best team, why you couldn't come to that same logic in the RSCI is a question only you can answer. 

That was my entire point, Butch isn't on the same page as Ellenson and that's what I said...not ranked as high as anyone since Joe Wolf.  Then you started down the false premise of using the RSCI system, which I've shown you time and again how flawed that can be.

Show me one expert that believes Butch was as highly rated as Ellenson....player to player comparison....not a ranking in one year compared to a ranking of a different player in a different year...as you point out above, the 1983 team might be better....which is EXACTLY what I'm saying.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2014, 09:28:38 PM »
Exactly, and as I have stated before if chicos did not claim to be an MU fan and instead was a wisconsin fan he would have been banned long ago.  However, due to his claim of being an MU fan, despite any real evidence, the moderators continue to allow him to make a mockery of the board.  he is worse than any troll from another school, a wolf in sheep's clothing and it is allowed.   he is a huge black eye for the entire board.  Truly a great shame and I simply done understand why it is allowed.

Angus, I've been a diehard MU fan for decades.  To suggest anything otherwise is ridiculous.  Come to my office sometime and tell me I'm not a MU fan.  LOL

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2014, 09:32:43 PM »

YOU WERE the one that used the RSCI rankings and continue to try to make one year's ranking the equivalency of a ranking in a completely different year.  You are absolutely, 100% wrong in that ascertion.  There is zero basis for your thinking.  None.  You've been given many examples, all of which prove how wrong your are, yet it is YOU who is stubborn and refuses to acknowledge it.   I've shown you other #7's in the RSCI that don't compare at all year over year.....using YOUR data source....yet you still won't admit you are wrong.   Hell, I can show you #1's in the RSCI in one year that aren't good as #10's in another year, proves exactly my point again.  Everyone does understand 7 is lower than 10....yet in the irony of all ironies, you use Dwyane Wade in this very thread and say he wasn't even ranked in the RSCI yet better than all the cats ahead of him.  But wait, if everyone understands 7 is lower than 10 and thus, "better", then certainly "everyone understands 1 is better than outside the top 100, 2 is better than outside the top 100, 3 is better than outside the top 100, 4 is better than outside the top 100, 5, 6, 7, 8, 15, 27, 42, 66, 89 are all better than outside the top 100."  BUT WAIT, now we have to throw that all away in your logic train for the Dwyane Wade example and say not only ignore your examples 7 is better than 10, but ignore numbers 1 through 100 because none of them are better than Wade and was ranked outside the top 100.  AWESOME.  Truly.  Awesome. 

So to summarize, we're supposed to believe your precious RSCI ratings that Brian Butch at #7, despite NEVER by ANY expert in the state being mentioned as one of the greatest high school basketball players in Wisconsin history is as good or BETTER than Ellenson because Ellenson is RSCI 10 in a totally different year, in a stronger class, etc, and believed to be the best player in the state since Joe Wolf.....the same Butch that was so great he had to redshirt....at the same time you want to flip that logic completely upside down and also say Dwyane Wade was better than EVERYONE ranked ahead of him, which means he should have been ranked #1.   Awesome.

Let me know when you want to step on the logic train, because you are so dead and buried on this one it is funny.  Keep digging that hole.   Oh, and in the greatest irony of all, you are slamming a certain coach for not getting a great recruit like Butch yet you just told us that Wade was ranked ahead of everyone on the list...so that would mean he got a #1 recruit.  Incredible.

Game.  Set.  Match.    Drive safely home tonight.

You cannot possibly be this dense. Fighting and losing logic wars with countless posters on several fronts all at the same time has left you obviously unhinged. I'm genuinely starting to worry about you. I'm putting you on ignore because I don't want to be responsible for your current melt down. This looks like the big one.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
Man these threads are cringeworthy sometimes. You all need to remember we all cheer for the same team and things are finally looking up again. relax guys.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »
Who's annointing him the best WI basketball player ever?

Several media writers in the state, a number of fans that have been around the state for decades are making the comparisons, so on and so forth.  That was my point when I said there hasn't been someone this highly ranked or rated since Joe Wolf....because there hasn't.  In a crazy twist, there are two guys in the same year...Stone and Henry that fit that bill. 

Michael Hunt is the latest (I know...Mike Hunt), but there are others opining the same type of platitudes the last few months:  “He might be the best basketball player to ever come out of Wisconsin, going back to Joe Wolf and, later, Latrell Sprewell. At almost 6-11, Ellenson handles the ball like a point guard and shoots the three like a two guard. He is freakishly quick defensively. You can’t guard him with a big man because he’ll take him outside and shoot. A smaller, quicker defender is going to get posted up.”

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »
You cannot possibly be this dense. Fighting and losing logic wars with countless posters on several fronts all at the same time has left you obviously unhinged. I'm genuinely starting to worry about you. I'm putting you on ignore because I don't want to be responsible for your current melt down. This looks like the big one.

I think Lenny and Chicos should have their own reality tv show...maybe handcuff them to each other and let the cameras follow them around lol. I know I would watch!!

Shark

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »
I think Lenny and Chicos should have their own reality tv show...maybe handcuff them to each other and let the cameras follow them around lol. I know I would watch!!

Only if I'm not handcuffed to the chair with my eyes pried open. I want the option to get off this wild ride.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

That's not your argument....your argument was to make an equivalency that Butch was an equal or better player than Hank based on his RSCI ranking.  

Sorry, before I leave you to all the others here whose scorn you've earned, a reply to this lie. My argument was never and has never been that Butch was a better than or equal PLAYER to Henry. Nowhere will you find that in anything that I've said.

I only corrected your misstatement that MU had not recruited someone RANKED as high as Henry (#10 RSCI) since 1983. We recruited a guy ranked #7 RSCI in 2003. As Lens and everybody else here not your auditor agree, that makes you wrong. Good night and (seriously) good luck.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:47:19 PM by Lennys Tap »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2014, 10:33:46 PM »
I seem to always read Latrell Sprewell's name as one of the top high school players in Wisconsin history. Why is it that he's not listed on any of the top 5 teams?

Sprewell only played one year of high school basketball in the state at Washington High School.  It was his first year of organized hoops.   That's why no one really recruited him and he went Juco. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »
Y'all will remember him when his name is called in June, hey?

"Dentist to the Stars", on the shingle out front, Doc?

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:21 PM »
Y'all will remember him when his name is called in June, hey?

What year?  2015?   One major service has him going in the first round in 2015.  Another major service has him not drafted at all in 2015.  The one that doesn't have him going in 2015, has him going in the mid first round in 2016....9 spots after some kid named Henry Ellenson.   :D

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2014, 01:38:22 AM »
What year?  2015?   One major service has him going in the first round in 2015.  Another major service has him not drafted at all in 2015.  The one that doesn't have him going in 2015, has him going in the mid first round in 2016....9 spots after some kid named Henry Ellenson.   :D

But you said we shouldn't be excited about Ellenson
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »
You all need to remember we all cheer for the same team

.......and Indiana........and Kansas.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2014, 08:04:09 AM »
I didn't take it off thread at all.  The opening post was about what was going on through their minds and could they have gotten this kid.  The reality is, opportunity was never there, circumstances not there, etc, etc.  Never in the history of those two coaches being at MU was a kid like Ellenson available where his dad went to MU, his brother transferred to MU, etc.  

I'm sorry you can't connect the dots, but that's your problem.  The rest of your stuff is just hyperbole....your basically calling Dwyane Wade a liar, which I don't care to do.  If you wish to, knock your socks off.

I wish it were my stuff, but credit where credit is due--wade's world came up with this highly accurate description.

Look at this thread --page after page of you trying to change the argument all because Lenny pointed out a simple factual error.  You forgot Brian Butch.  

Here is your original statement: "The last time a kid ranked this highly was from the state was Majerus going after Joe Wolf."  Note particularly the word "ranked".   Lenny correctly pointed out Butch was ranked higher than Ellenson.  Factually, quantitatively, 7 is lower than 10.  However, there was NO WAY the Chico's ego was going to let himself to be corrected, especially by Lenny, so you made believe the argument was about the subjective quality of various recruits.

And that's how we end up with page after page of you trying to twist the argument, simply because you can't admit that you made a simple factual error.  Wade's World Corollary #2 is dead on.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2014, 08:11:32 AM »
They've both failed to attract a recruit like this to our university and Buzz when so far to say he ran the numbers and saw that it wouldn't be possible for us to land a recruit like henry and be successful.  Meanwhile Wojo comes in and knocks it out of the park.  Thoughts on what's going through their minds?

Maybe it's been commented already, but both are totally consumed with their own program as every head guy in D-1 is.  They don't obsess the way some do here about them, much less care one iota anymore about MU basketball.  MU provided the boost to their careers they needed, and they've both moved on, dollars to donuts  that's both of their mindsets.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »
.......and Indiana........and Kansas.
...and Purdue.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
I wish it were my stuff, but credit where credit is due--wade's world came up with this highly accurate description.

Look at this thread --page after page of you trying to change the argument all because Lenny pointed out a simple factual error.  You forgot Brian Butch.  

Here is your original statement: "The last time a kid ranked this highly was from the state was Majerus going after Joe Wolf."  Note particularly the word "ranked".   Lenny correctly pointed out Butch was ranked higher than Ellenson.  Factually, quantitatively, 7 is lower than 10.  However, there was NO WAY the Chico's ego was going to let himself to be corrected, especially by Lenny, so you made believe the argument was about the subjective quality of various recruits.

And that's how we end up with page after page of you trying to twist the argument, simply because you can't admit that you made a simple factual error.  Wade's World Corollary #2 is dead on.

Spot on! Game, set and match to Mr. Tap.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »

I can't speak for the major services. However, I do know, for a fact, that the goal is to be one and done. Now, the stars all have to align. Most importantly, Kevon has to remain healthy and stay on the court. Had a minor back issue this summer related to liftin'. I'm figurin' Bruin fans will get to enjoy #5 for just this one season.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »
To answer the question directly:

Buzz:  "How in the heck am I going to sell that large home in Milwaukee and how much of a haircut am I going to have to take to move it?" Or, "You mean I have to play Louisville, Syracuse, North Carolina, Duke, Pittsburgh and Virginia….?????"

Crean:  "Unless I find a five-star quick, I may not have a job next year!"

Sorry folks, I don't think either one of them are giving Marquette more than a passing thought!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »

"Sorry, I was wrong," is not something I have ever read Chicos say. So either he is never wrong or he will never admit to being wrong. I'll leave it to others to decide which is more plausible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
"Sorry, I was wrong," is not something I have ever read Chicos say. So either he is never wrong or he will never admit to being wrong. I'll leave it to others to decide which is more plausible.

MU82, I admitted I was wrong just a few days ago ( http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44697.msg654400#msg654400 ) and have a number of times before here....when I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it and never have.  I can pull up apologies going back to the first year on this board or some only a few weeks old...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41809.msg563426#msg563426

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44373.msg636849#msg636849

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42054.msg570399#msg570399

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=40270.msg527863#msg527863

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=40261.msg524731#msg524731

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=36489.msg469500#msg469500

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=18267.msg183516#msg183516

Etc, etc.   Kind of strange for you to say I never say it, especially with how often your respond to me.

Now, can you admit you are wrong in admitting it....an apology would be great.....tsk tsk.  You must have me confused with Lenny....do a search of him where he has admitted to being wrong here....interesting search results.

In this case, I am not wrong so I'm not going to admit it.  Butch isn't remotely in the class of Ellenson and I've given multiple examples how flawed his RSCI usage is.  The "rankings" aren't even finalized yet if he wants to go by that source....so if he wants to pump his chest in 7 months when the final "rankings" come out, fine.

Point is and shall remain, we as a basketball program have not had the opportunity to recruit in an-state recruit like this since Joe Wolf....ask those that have followed Wisconsin high school basketball for decades and no one RANKS as highly as Hank since Joe Wolf.  NO ONE, certainly not Brian Butch who had to redshirt his first year and was pedestrian until his final two years.  NO ONE RANKS CLOSE.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:42:30 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »
...and Purdue.

Blasphemy.....but don't forget Wisconsin, you know because River Rat \ Canadian Dimes \ Cloud Piercer \ Ahoya Ballscout \ Angus Insurance Guy \ Blackswan says so

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »
But you said we shouldn't be excited about Ellenson

I did....show me where I said that......

crickets chirping...I think I should start a thread "what's going on in Bagpiping's mind".   LOL.   I said it's fine to get excited, which is nothing close to "shouldn't be excited about Ellenson".  My point is people get TOO excited, put too many expectations on some of these kids and make it impossible for them live up to the Jesus walks on water expectations. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »

I can't speak for the major services. However, I do know, for a fact, that the goal is to be one and done. Now, the stars all have to align. Most importantly, Kevon has to remain healthy and stay on the court. Had a minor back issue this summer related to liftin'. I'm figurin' Bruin fans will get to enjoy #5 for just this one season.

Doc, it's funny how many casual Bruin fans out here have no idea who he even is.  They don't even talk about him.  I sense that he's going to play well and all of a sudden they're going to be like, "who is this hidden gem".  They're so used to getting top talent it's a yawn for most of them, and if the kid is from some obscure place like Wisconsin, might as well be from Bangladesh.  Just the odd mentality out here, but it is what it is.  Hope it works out well for the young man.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »

"major service" lol
 :D
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback