collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Are Frats Lame?

Yes
No

Author Topic: To frat or not to frat  (Read 19974 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: To frat or not to frat
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008, 03:01:23 PM »
One point that has not been brought up, is the fact the many frats make pledges do humiliating and stupid things in the name of "brotherhood". 

Drinking until puking, washing cars, cleaning houses, carrying books, running errands, are just a few of things I know some of my friends had to do in frats during while they pledged.

Making people doing crap work in the name of "brotherhood" is d-baggy.  It's just a giant cycle.  Frats guys make freshmen to do dumb things, so that one day, you can make freshmen do dumb things. 

Now do all frats do this, no.  But would I guess that many do?  Yes.

The sports teams (Lacrosse, Crew, ect) do the same things freshman. Hazing is a part of culture.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:01:11 PM by Chili »
But I like to throw handfuls...

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2008, 03:59:28 PM »
Intended for MURFC

dont forget to mention, biggest group of alcoholic party animals i have ever had the privlige to drink with.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:38:50 AM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2008, 03:14:01 AM »
I'm a SigEp.  I was at Marquette in the late 90's.  I don't consider myself to be a douchebag and I didn't have to buy any of my friends.  Our parties, as described by the basketball teams, were by far the best on campus.  People threw rocks through our doors because they were so upset they weren't allowed in.  Quite frankly, it's gutless to call people douchebags on a message board.  Whenever my group of friends and I are at weddings or other social events, people always comment to me how jealous they were how close were were.  They only had a few friends that they kept in contact with after college.  I consider myself to be close with at least 50 guys.  We also have a very diverse group of friends from whom I've learned a lot because they have a different perspective about things.  If you didn't want to be in a fraternity, that's your choice.  I'm confident in saying you missed out.

Just to be clear....refusal from a party had nothing to do with a rock going through the front glass door of the old sigep residence. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:27:31 PM by MURFC »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2008, 08:46:27 PM »
Just to be clear....refusal from a party had nothing to do with a rock going through the front glass door of the old sigep residence. 

I'm sure the guy with the screen name MURFC, which I'm guessing has to do with the rugby team, or his buddies, had no part of any groupthink that night.   ::)

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2008, 03:27:15 AM »
Absolutely true.  I was captain of the men's rugby club when I was at MU and there was some extreme group think there.  I am sure we came off to many people as barbaric, and a bit psychotic, but I do not ever recall the word  "docuhebag" being used to describe our club members.  While I am sure things were far different in the 70's/80's, in general, the SigEp's were really massive d-bags in the late 90's and early 00's.  I mean...seriously...in general...those guys sucked.

See my previous post.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »
i have to agree with MURFC.  i was not in rugby but went to quite a few parties of theirs.  i would also have to say that they threw some of the best parties on campus.  a couple words i would use to describe the team would be... insane, crazy, nuts, oh wait those are all the same.  anyways, d-bag never came across.  funny thing was that these guys were a group that could beat your ass 1 on 1, but never did.  some of the easiest guys to get along with.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »
HAHAHAHA, frats do suck!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 03:48:07 PM »
The sports teams (Lacrosse, Crew, ect) do the same things freshman. Hazing is a part of culture.

Just because something is a part of culture, make it anymore less of d!ck thing to do.  My friends hazed each other all the time in college, but we became friends first, not the other way around.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2008, 01:09:18 AM »
Just because something is a part of culture, make it anymore less of d!ck thing to do.  My friends hazed each other all the time in college, but we became friends first, not the other way around.

Who gives a crap, you still suck at life and no one but yourself cares what you did or did not do when you and you and your friends had their pants around their ankles. Sooooooooweeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!
But I like to throw handfuls...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2008, 08:55:31 AM »
Who gives a crap, you still suck at life and no one but yourself cares what you did or did not do when you and you and your friends had their pants around their ankles. Sooooooooweeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!

Thanks for the personal attack drunko

feedback