Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Needs Moving Forward  (Read 9837 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Needs Moving Forward
« on: March 30, 2024, 10:13:12 AM »
Where do we start?  PG because of JTY'?s recovery.  I definitely think we need a power big. 

tower912

• All American
Re: Needs Moving Forward
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 10:17:24 AM »
See who stays and goes.  The fewer that leave, the fewer can be brought in.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 10:18:18 AM »
Aircraft carrier like Edey
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 10:32:38 AM »
Aircraft carrier like Edey

I know you're being sarcastic (stepped up your game there big tune in the last 24 hours), but you're also not wrong.
Anyone completely comfortable with the thought of Ben Gold as this team's only known quantity big is lying to themselves.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 10:54:46 AM »
I know you're being sarcastic (stepped up your game there big tune in the last 24 hours), but you're also not wrong.
Anyone completely comfortable with the thought of Ben Gold as this team's only known quantity big is lying to themselves.

They don’t grow on trees. 

My hunch is the staff has a REAL good idea about what next year’s roster will look like and what possible transfers await.  I know we can conjecture here about needs and particular players we want. 

Let’s put it this way, barring a surprise transfer, Marquette is in much better position than a lot of teams at the moment. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 11:09:14 AM »
Partly a joke, but partly not:

Brett Nelson to coach shooting form. The offense gets us shots. I think a few tweaks to Ben and Jop (and even Kam) changes a lot for us.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 11:15:45 AM »
1.  A 7 footer who can win every rebounding battle, great pick n roll instincts and 35%+ 3 point shooter
2.  A point guard with great court vision, great pick n roll instincts and a 40% 3 point shooter
3.  Multiple 6'5" to 6'9" guys who jump out of the gym, shoot high percent from 3, live for defense, and are great team players

or

everyone just gets better, like they did this year vs. last year.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 11:23:09 AM »
Shaka cannot sit on his hands again like last spring.  If Kam goes to the draft that’s without question our three best players gone with nothing but unknowns and inconsistency left from the returning guys.  We need Owens and Parham ready to contribute from the jump next year too. Can’t have almost total non factors from the freshmen class again. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 11:31:04 AM »
Man, da elephant in da room is ya need shootas. In spite of poor reboundin', multiple playas are desperately needed who can be counted on to score the ball. BTW, Gold ain't 'nough. I realize not every homegrown talent lives and dies wantin' ta hoop for good old MU. But, Kon who's signed with Dook woulda bin a purfect addition, hey?

#ballknower
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 11:36:42 AM »

I think if you’re going to have a 5 who isn’t comfortable with his back to the basket in the deep post - Oso and Gold - then your 1-4 have to be legit 3 pt threats. IMO the offense felt slightly square peg, diamond hole a lot of the year because the action was further away from the hoop, but Stevie and Sean Jones threes weren’t desirable outcomes.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2024, 12:07:46 PM »
Even if everyone (except Oso and Kolek) comes back, MU will need a power forward and a point guard because you can’t count on Sean Jones contributing next season. A sharpshooting guard would help too.

I have no inside information and won’t name names or speculate but I would bet that at least one of the scholarship players on the current roster (not including Kam Jones) will not be back.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2024, 12:08:58 PM »
Man, da elephant in da room is ya need shootas. In spite of poor reboundin', multiple playas are desperately needed who can be counted on to score the ball. BTW, Gold ain't 'nough. I realize not every homegrown talent lives and dies wantin' ta hoop for good old MU. But, Kon who's signed with Dook woulda bin a purfect addition, hey?

#ballknower

Should have opened the wallet to keep Kon, hey?

#ballknower

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2024, 12:10:12 PM »
The obvious is that they need a point guard to run the offense and bigs capable of getting rebounds. Maybe the latter is on the roster, but we haven't seen it.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2024, 12:12:31 PM »
The obvious is that they need a point guard to run the offense and bigs capable of getting rebounds. Maybe the latter is on the roster, but we haven't seen it.
Hopefully, Parham, Hamilton and Amadou can help with the rebounding.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2024, 12:17:28 PM »
Upgrade the guard position in portal and add an experienced wing player. There is a need to upgrade talent across the board and lets see who is coming back or not.

Zog from Margo

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2024, 12:56:27 PM »

#ballknower

I think Lowery will be a good shooter. Miletic would be a nice addition. There is a player from Mercer in the portal who can shoot it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2024, 01:23:41 PM »

#ballknower

Damn right, kin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2024, 01:46:37 PM »

#ballknower

They opened there wallet for Kon, but Wisky and Duke were much stronger, but he wanted to go to Duke happens

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2024, 01:49:01 PM »

Ben is a stretch 4.  I don't think I have seen any post up moves from him, ever.

Without knowing what Hamilton and the newcomers are bringing in, we definitely could use an experienced post up big.

Problem is, we potentially need 2-3 more experienced players next year if we want to have a successful season.

I am assuming Oso, Kolek and Kam are gone next year.  We need a replacement for each one.

1. An experience point guard.  Relying on Sean Jone from injury and Tre heading into next year is a big mistake.
2. A 3 level wing scorer.  If Kam is gone, need a like replacement for him.  A Bj Freeman type of portal transfer.
3. An experienced low post scorer.  Relying on Hamilton or Al is a giant mistake.  Heck we needed one this year.  Biggest mistake Shaka made all year.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2024, 02:02:41 PM »
Aircraft carrier please

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2024, 02:03:20 PM »
They opened there wallet for Kon, but Wisky and Duke were much stronger, but he wanted to go to Duke happens

Only Duke was stronger from what I've been told.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2024, 02:07:38 PM »
Only Duke was stronger from what I've been told.

I heard Wisky was the strongest, but only rumors

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2024, 02:10:33 PM »
BC

I heard UW offered the most as well. I heard Duke was $850k ($425k a year)for two years and UW was over a $1m. I heard UW was third on list when all was said and done.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2024, 02:18:44 PM »
BC

I heard UW offered the most as well. I heard Duke was $850k ($425k a year)for two years and UW was over a $1m. I heard UW was third on list when all was said and done.

Gard knows basketball!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2024, 02:20:38 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what comes of it for him at Duke. They keep recruiting forwards over him. Lotta competition for minutes.