Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Needs Moving Forward  (Read 9851 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Needs Moving Forward
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2024, 02:38:09 PM »
…next level? Please enlighten.
Professional (no idea where)

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2024, 03:35:00 PM »
…next level? Please enlighten.
New Zealand pros
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2024, 04:33:04 PM »
Gold is starting at center next year, unless Hamilton is much better than anyone anticipates, and will be more than sufficient.  He showed noticeable improvement defensively as the conference season went on and I don't think enough people realize how much the shin splints impacted his offseason development. 

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2024, 06:56:35 PM »
Gold is starting at center next year, unless Hamilton is much better than anyone anticipates, and will be more than sufficient.  He showed noticeable improvement defensively as the conference season went on and I don't think enough people realize how much the shin splints impacted his offseason development.

I anticipate Gold will improve and be a starter. I also anticipate no interior post scoring if Gold and Jop are in the starting lineup.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2024, 10:14:24 AM »
They opened there wallet for Kon, but Wisky and Duke were much stronger, but he wanted to go to Duke happens

Right on Duke,  wrong on Bucky
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2024, 10:16:43 AM »
If Kam stays, I don't really see the need for another PG. He can hold it down until Sean is back (which according to him will be late November or December).
We need some size.

8 to 9 more months of rehab doesn't mean ready to play. I wouldn't expect sean to be available next season
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2024, 10:21:57 AM »
Hamilton is going to be player. I have heard very good things and excited to see him to get his career started. Now that the season is over, I like talking about the new guys. I think he is going to be a contributor from day one.

Caedin is big...i think he has a long way to go to be a basketball player
TAMU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2024, 10:26:42 AM »
TAMU

Thanks for the input on Caiden. Do you think he will get much PT next season?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2024, 10:28:54 AM »
8 to 9 more months of rehab doesn't mean ready to play. I wouldn't expect sean to be available next season

He'll be done with rehab - and, according to him, back at full speed - but need another a year after that before he can play?
I guess we'll see.

Zog from Margo

• Starter
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2024, 10:43:17 AM »
I anticipate Gold will improve and be a starter. I also anticipate no interior post scoring if Gold and Jop are in the starting lineup.

I actually think Gold is further along than Oso was after his sophomore year. Gold is also more physical.

I don't know that I have ever seen Gold post-up. MU seems to prefer him playing face-up. Jop was not a great post threat this season.

Assuming everyone returns, my gut, which is not insubstantial, tells me we are more likely to see Parham get a decent amount of minutes at the 4 than we are to see Hamilton get big minutes at the 5. Hamilton, however, does look like a player who can bring some power to the front line in time. I hope so because that is a need.

hawk

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2024, 11:29:16 AM »
Seems to me the big questions for next season are is Kam Jones coming back and will Joplin actually play up to his potential in every game.  Joplin needs get his head right and be tough.  Gold will be better by leaps and bounds and Hamilton will be at least as good as Theo was but more athletic.  I'm not really worried about next year if Kam returns.  Parham looks like a keeper and MU will have 6 guys 6'8" or better. Without Kolek MU still solid or better guards up the a...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2024, 11:36:22 AM »
Seems to me the big questions for next season are is Kam Jones coming back and will Joplin actually play up to his potential in every game.  Joplin needs get his head right and be tough.  Gold will be better by leaps and bounds and Hamilton will be at least as good as Theo was but more athletic. 

This is a wildly bold statement about a guy none of us has seen play anything resembling a college basketball game.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2024, 11:42:27 AM »
This is a wildly bold statement about a guy none of us has seen play anything resembling a college basketball game.

Hamilton is a really good passer and more of a traditional big, but not sure on the athleticism piece. Probably has a lot of room to grow athletically.
VIOLENCE!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2024, 11:44:51 AM »
Hamilton is a really good passer and more of a traditional big, but not sure on the athleticism piece. Probably has a lot of room to grow athletically.
He also has a good mid range jumper, which hopefully he is working on to make it a serviceable 3 point shot

nyg

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2024, 01:38:54 PM »
Just a question, but how does everyone know so much about Hamilton?  He's a good passer, He has a good mid range jumper, brings power to the front line, I heard good things about him and other comments.

Did anyone actually see him play or anything?  Are posters talking to members of the staff?  Only thing I know is that he is a big guy.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2024, 02:06:01 PM »
Just a question, but how does everyone know so much about Hamilton?  He's a good passer, He has a good mid range jumper, brings power to the front line, I heard good things about him and other comments.

Did anyone actually see him play or anything?  Are posters talking to members of the staff?  Only thing I know is that he is a big guy.

https://youtu.be/ZfdCK-Zs5DM?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/k8OyzRsmVy0?feature=shared
VIOLENCE!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2024, 02:11:23 PM »
https://youtu.be/ZfdCK-Zs5DM?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/k8OyzRsmVy0?feature=shared

I had an idea that's what some are talking about. High school highlights. OK, thanks for the partial answer. 

We'll see how he is practicing and playing against MU players and BE players.  Thought that is what some posters meant.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2024, 02:13:56 PM »
I had an idea that's what some are talking about. High school highlights. OK, thanks for the partial answer. 

We'll see how he is practicing and playing against MU players and BE players.  Thought that is what some posters meant.

He has taken his lumps in practice going up against Oso, but he's the type of physical presence we've needed. I think he'll play similar minutes to what Ben did as a frosh.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2024, 02:15:05 PM »
Kam……” Caeden is going to be a problem “

Ben Steele

The coaching staff is very excited about what 6-9 Caedin Hamilton showed in practice. But after redshirting his freshman season, it could take some time for him to find his footing. At 240 pounds, he also has a physical presence that MU has lacked in recent seasons.

This is all any of us have to go on……..unless you’ve watched practice or no someone personally who had

nyg

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2024, 02:22:09 PM »
Kam……” Caeden is going to be a problem “

Ben Steele

The coaching staff is very excited about what 6-9 Caedin Hamilton showed in practice. But after redshirting his freshman season, it could take some time for him to find his footing. At 240 pounds, he also has a physical presence that MU has lacked in recent seasons.

This is all any of us have to go on……..unless you’ve watched practice or no someone personally who had

Thank you, I recall Kam saying that.  That was the point of question.  Sounds like some had seen him play, talked to someone on staff, etc.  Have no clue and high school "highlights" have been shown on numerous MU players in the past who have not worked out at all.

Hope it works out, I know he was over 300 pounds and lost weight.  Type of bruiser player MU needs really bad and presuming know one actually knows except the staff.  Would be awesome to have some one like that at the center position, so Gold can continue in his #4 role.    We'll know in six months. 

MUrugger

• Starter
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2024, 04:56:05 PM »
I realize that you have to be on these talented HS players before everybody else is, but does MU have any Shaka/Coaches connections to Trent Perry, (6'4" PG, ESPN #26) recently decommitted to USC after Coach Andy Enfield's exit to SMU? Elijah Duvall (Stuart, FL #78) is another uncommitted Top 100 PG that would be of interest at this late stage. We're gonna need a PG.

Liam McNeeley (SF,#11), Khani Rooths (PF,#33) and Vyctorius Miller (SG,#41) are the only others on the ESPN Top 100 who are still technically uncommitted at this late hour. Perhaps they were pipe dreams earlier in the process...but they are still there.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2024, 09:16:20 PM »
TAMU

Thanks for the input on Caiden. Do you think he will get much PT next season?

Depends on how the offseason plays out.  But unless he has a massive jump this summer i think the more he plays,  the worse the forecast
TAMU

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2024, 08:39:41 PM »

If you can pass you can pass at any level.
VIOLENCE!