Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton  (Read 8379 times)

tower912

• All American
Creighton
« on: February 29, 2024, 07:15:15 AM »
Do you want Stevie on Scheierman or Alexander?   
Omaha is a b!tch to play at.
TKo health is a wild card.  With him healthy, I see a way for MU to eke out a win.  Without him, double digit loss.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Creighton
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 07:18:37 AM »
Omaha is a b!tch to play at.
TKo health is a wild card.  With him healthy, I see a way for MU to eke out a win.  Without him, double digit loss.

I bet he’s a no go.  If it’s still bothering him significantly, which seems likely with this injury, let him rest and see about next week hopefully. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 07:28:15 AM »
Omaha is a tough place to win and they have waited a year to get revenge. That said, I think they get the win, with or without TK. I had little confidence going into UConn, but they are playing at a very high level right now. They know what is on the line and I believe they are ready to rumble.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 07:41:17 AM by Goose »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 07:38:28 AM »
Omaha Stakes!

Kolek's health is going to be a key factor.  Plus, Creighton has been red hot at home.  Maybe the Jays are due to cool off?

Marquette rebounded from the debacle at UConn to play a near perfect home stand.  Channel that energy for the next 5 weeks and it will be a fun ride.

Now the fun begins.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 07:44:51 AM »
Omaha Stakes!

Kolek's health is going to be a key factor.  Plus, Creighton has been red hot at home.  Maybe the Jays are due to cool off?

Marquette rebounded from the debacle at UConn to play a near perfect home stand.  Channel that energy for the next 5 weeks and it will be a fun ride.

Now the fun begins.
Bravo on the pun.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 08:16:07 AM »
As Dung Willie has so eloquently said, McDermott owns Shaka
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 08:21:33 AM »
Load management.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 09:15:51 AM »
I think Stevie has proven that he can probably cover both simultaneously.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 09:22:54 AM »
I think Stevie has proven that he can probably cover both simultaneously.
Well, there was that one time last season when he guarded the entire Butler team, but I am not sure that works against Creighton.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 09:27:49 AM »
Yes, Omaha is a tough place to play, an Creighton has a very good team I expect that UConn, Creighton, and Marquette will sit at the top of the BE for several years.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 09:39:57 AM »
Omaha is a tough place to win and they have waited a year to get revenge. That said, I think they get the win, with or without TK. I had little confidence going into UConn, but they are playing at a very high level right now. They know what is on the line and I believe they are ready to rumble.

Always love your enthusiasm Goose, but please explain how "they"/we win if Kolek is watching from the bench.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 09:43:06 AM »
Always love your enthusiasm Goose, but please explain how "they"/we win if Kolek is watching from the bench.

We score more points than them?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2024, 09:47:24 AM »
Creighton has really bounced back offensively this month. I think if you can keep Ashworth in check you have a chance. When he gets going they're really hard to guard.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2024, 10:03:56 AM »
We score more points than them?

Now there's an idea!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2024, 10:07:54 AM »
Creighton has really bounced back offensively this month. I think if you can keep Ashworth in check you have a chance. When he gets going they're really hard to guard.
Thats where MU will miss Sean. He gave Ashworth fits at Fiserv.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2024, 10:13:11 AM »
Now there's an idea!

It's been my golf strategy for years.
Maigh Eo for Sam

fjm

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2024, 10:13:16 AM »
TKo “will be limited, might be out for a while” is what I’m hearing.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2024, 10:15:30 AM »

Demetrius Bowels would say you're not listening to the right people.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 10:15:35 AM »

Respectfully, I don't know if they would know that this soon. You could be right but it seems really early for anything to be known.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 10:20:27 AM »
I’m expecting to hear something like “How long Tyler will be out will depend on how he responds to treatment”.

Words that sound vague but are in fact meaningless.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 10:21:22 AM »
Obviously Tyko's health is paramount, but I think Oso has to have a big game Saturday.  We haven't needed his scoring the last few games but I believe he and Ben have to outplay Kalky for starters and that means scoring the ball.

Ashworth is a guy who can really hurt you if you're not paying attention.  Who Stevie guards will be interesting.  I'm more inclined to have him check Alexander because he has the ball in his hands the most.  All I know is MU's best beats Creighton's best.  I hope we see a complete performance on the road. 

fjm

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 10:22:02 AM »
Demetrius Bowels would say you're not listening to the right people.

Hoping Unc Demetrius is right. Just reporting what I’ve been told.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2024, 10:26:44 AM »
Thats where MU will miss Sean. He gave Ashworth fits at Fiserv.

JTY's absence is a big loss.  We have done great without him but he gave us very important minutes.  Versus certain match-ups his persiferousness was a major feather in our caps.  It's very unfortunate he got injured.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2024, 10:37:41 AM »
The next two games are key to Marquette seeding in the Tournament.  If they lose both, I could see us slipping to a 3 seed.  Win both and I think we are a lock for a 2 regardless of what happens in the BET. 

MU has a very narrow path to a share of the Big East Regular Season and Top seed in the BET.  For any shot, we need:
1. Win out
2. UConn loses to us and a plus one.  Either Seton Hall or Providence will work.

This would give us a share of the BERST.

If MU beats Creighton and they finish third, the tie breaker between MU and UConn for seeding will be head-to-head against Creighton.  MU would be 2-0 while UConn would be 1-1 giving us the 1 seed. 

If Creighton finishes 4th, then the most likely candidate for 3rd would be Seton Hall.  If UConn wins against them but loses to Providence then the head to head would be Seton Hall/MU 1-1 and UConn/Seton Hall 1-1.  Meaning Creighton becomes the deciding H2H.  If UConn loses to SH then MU would own both likely 3,4 team tie breakers at 2-0 vs 1-1 and 1-1 vs 0-2.  It SH and Creighton are tied in the standing, MU would have the winning % in that group.

If MU losses to Creighton then UConn would need to lose the last 3 games.  Highly unlikely, but in that scenario, assuming MU beats UConn and Xavier.  Tie breaker would go Creighton H2H tied, Seton Hall MU wins.

Morale of the story, if you win at Creighton you put yourself in the best possible position while needing one other team to beat UConn but if it happens you control your own destiny. 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2024, 10:43:49 AM »
BERST or Bust?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.