[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Was: Israel is at War; Now: Scoopers diagnose your anti-Semitism  (Read 146684 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Israel is at War
« Reply #3525 on: December 04, 2023, 06:19:57 PM »
I've never voted for a member of the Squad

You’ve never had the chance because none have run in your district. I’m sure you’d prefer them to “Extreme Maga” Republicans and support them given the opportunity.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3526 on: December 04, 2023, 07:12:37 PM »
I give Hilary Clinton credit for stating the obvious and torching the progressive left in her party.  Not a good look rom Primila on CNN. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3527 on: December 04, 2023, 07:53:25 PM »
What has come out (from Hamas videos) regarding the level of violence and gang raping of women and children is enough to make me rethink the magnitude of hard power I would use against Hamas terrorists and all Iranian proxies.  Their laughing during these disgusting acts would turn to expressions of excruciating pain and horror in seconds, and unlike anything they can possibly imagine.  It would make scenes from Goodfellas, Taken, The Equalizer, etc, seem like a trip to a botanical garden.  These people are the utter the filth  of the earth and deserve unconscionable pain before darkness.

I look forward to your commentary of the sexual assault and rape of Palestinian women by the IDF over the years. Documented by human rights groups, of course.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3528 on: December 04, 2023, 07:55:48 PM »
Nm

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3529 on: December 04, 2023, 07:57:45 PM »
I look forward to your commentary of the sexual assault and rape of Palestinian women by the IDF over the years. Documented by human rights groups, of course.

Really?  It will be a boldfaced lie if that's reported. 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #3530 on: December 04, 2023, 09:27:11 PM »
Really?  It will be a boldfaced lie if that's reported.

You do know that atrocities can be committed by more than one side in a conf… you know what nevermind.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3531 on: December 04, 2023, 09:44:16 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/04/business/some-traders-appear-to-have-anticipated-october-7-hamas-attack-research-finds/index.html

This is despicable if true. Apparently some traders were aware of an impending massive attack on Israel, and instead of warning anyone, took an opportunity to profit.

They need to investigate who these entities are.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 10:46:58 PM by forgetful »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3532 on: December 04, 2023, 11:16:19 PM »
You’ve never had the chance because none have run in your district. I’m sure you’d prefer them to “Extreme Maga” Republicans and support them given the opportunity.

I appreciate you making your first point twice for some reason, and then adding a falsehood for a second sentence.

I have voted for numerous Republicans, including Reagan, Bush Sr., both Republicans who ran against Blagojevich, former NC governor Pat McCrory, and literally dozens of GOP candidates for local offices. I would have voted for Kasich in 2016 had the GOP not lost its collective mind, and he would have been a very good president. And when I haven't been able to stand either candidate in a race, I've voted third party.

So don't be "sure" when you don't really know about something, Tony. You're not a Scoop dentist; you're better than that.

I wouldn't have voted for Tlaib - period. If I was in her district and she ran against an "Extreme Maga" Republican, I'd have voted third party or not selected a candidate at all. Unlike the dentists and perhaps some others hypocrites here, I don't vote for antisemites or those who publicly solicit support from antisemites.

Our Mequon dentist friend calls fellow Scoopers he doesn't know antisemites even as he supports a politician who dines with white supremacists - people who would be happy to see Jews cease to exist. That's something we're both "sure" of, so I suggest you lecture him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #3533 on: December 05, 2023, 01:11:56 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/04/business/some-traders-appear-to-have-anticipated-october-7-hamas-attack-research-finds/index.html

This is despicable if true. Apparently some traders were aware of an impending massive attack on Israel, and instead of warning anyone, took an opportunity to profit.

They need to investigate who these entities are.

Or it was Hamas, or the Iranians, or some other entity that was planning the attack that did the shorting. Why do you assume it was Israelis who allowed this to happen for profit?

There is precedence for this idea.

On the Chicago Board Options Exchange during the week before September 11th, put options were purchased on American and United Airlines, the two airlines involved in the attacks. The investors who placed these orders were gambling that in the short term the stock prices of both Airlines would plummet.
https://govinfo.library.unt.edu/911/hearings/hearing1/witness_kleinberg.htm

And the speculation was ...
Did Bin Laden Short The Market?
https://www.forbes.com/2001/09/18/0918terrorists.html?sh=222c651f1f8b

They were never able to pin down who did these trades. So, this lives on as one of the Great Conspiracy theories of all time. And it was part of Showtimes's "Billions," where they hinted the lead character, hedge fund billionaire Bobby Axelrod, made his fortune shorting the airlines before 9/11, and someone "who knew" told him about it.
(By the way, the hedge fund character in this show was heavily influenced by Bill Ackman, among others)
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3534 on: December 05, 2023, 03:35:54 AM »
I appreciate you making your first point twice for some reason, and then adding a falsehood for a second sentence.

I have voted for numerous Republicans, including Reagan, Bush Sr., both Republicans who ran against Blagojevich, former NC governor Pat McCrory, and literally dozens of GOP candidates for local offices. I would have voted for Kasich in 2016 had the GOP not lost its collective mind, and he would have been a very good president. And when I haven't been able to stand either candidate in a race, I've voted third party.

So don't be "sure" when you don't really know about something, Tony. You're not a Scoop dentist; you're better than that.

I wouldn't have voted for Tlaib - period. If I was in her district and she ran against an "Extreme Maga" Republican, I'd have voted third party or not selected a candidate at all. Unlike the dentists and perhaps some others hypocrites here, I don't vote for antisemites or those who publicly solicit support from antisemites.

Our Mequon dentist friend calls fellow Scoopers he doesn't know antisemites even as he supports a politician who dines with white supremacists - people who would be happy to see Jews cease to exist. That's something we're both "sure" of, so I suggest you lecture him.

Thanks for including me in your rant. But, no one needs to "lecture" me with their spin doctor jargon. I can cut through the bullchit myself as my Marquette education serves me well. Apparently, not everyone here can.
As for your votin' record, I assume you checked da box for da Buffoon...'nough said, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3535 on: December 05, 2023, 06:16:03 AM »

Thanks for including me in your rant. But, no one needs to "lecture" me with their spin doctor jargon. I can cut through the bullchit myself as my Marquette education serves me well. Apparently, not everyone here can.
As for your votin' record, I assume you checked da box for da Buffoon...'nough said, aina?

buffoon??  how about the "big guy" not paying his "fair share" for the millions he and his syndicate bribed from foreign sources? 
felz Houston ate uncle boozie's hands

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3536 on: December 05, 2023, 06:40:34 AM »
  buffoon??  how about the "big guy" not paying his "fair share" for the millions he and his syndicate bribed from foreign sources?

4.5 out of 10
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3537 on: December 05, 2023, 07:29:53 AM »
4.5 out of 10

He kind of mailed that in.

Anyway if Scoop has taught me anything it’s that the quality of our Dental School is pretty poor.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3538 on: December 05, 2023, 07:33:46 AM »
Next time you have a toothache, call a plumber, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3539 on: December 05, 2023, 08:55:31 AM »

So, you will keep ardently supporting those who give aid to and accept aid from antisemites. You are comfortable being Scoop's single biggest hypocrite on this issue.

'Nough said.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3540 on: December 05, 2023, 08:56:36 AM »
Next time you have a toothache, call a plumber, hey?

My dentist is Canadian, so I’ve got it covered.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #3541 on: December 05, 2023, 09:03:21 AM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3542 on: December 05, 2023, 09:21:56 AM »
And it was part of Showtimes's "Billions," where they hinted the lead character, hedge fund billionaire Bobby Axelrod, made his fortune shorting the airlines before 9/11, and someone "who knew" told him about it.
(By the way, the hedge fund character in this show was heavily influenced by Bill Ackman, among others)

Heavily influenced and based off of Steve Cohen, according to show creators.  The Ackman was just internet nerds speculating based on his initials and Axelrod/Ackman

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3543 on: December 05, 2023, 09:35:51 AM »
I uncovered that monstrosity of a post trying to find the link, so I could read what Ackerman said.

Funny thing is, Ackerman claims to be a free speech absolutist. He criticizes Harvard for two cases, both of which, Harvard made zero actions to fire or sanction the professors. Instead, they received vocal criticism from people that disagreed with them. That is part of what free speech is. You are not protected from people vehemently disagreeing and criticizing your statement.

The reason I find it funny/hypocritical. Is according to his own essay, what Ackerman wants, is to BAN people from saying things he disagrees with on campus, and CANCEL them if they say things that he disagrees with. But wants there to be no criticisms or canceling of people he does AGREE with. In other words, he wants to abolish free speech at Harvard.

Typical hypocrite, who will possibly stop sending money to Harvard, but will suck up to Musk (clearly believes in anti-semitic tropes) because he wants to make money off Twitter.

Sad.

Yep. Ackman's not unique, he's just loud. Yet another person who thinks free speech means that he and those he agrees with can say whatever they want without criticism but those they disagree with should be silenced with threats of expulsion, suspension, arrest, and canceling.

Criticize protestors all you want. Many of them have said things that are despicable, hateful, and antisemitic over the past two months. Hell, form counterprotests to counter the protesters. But Ackman and his disciples attacking universities for following the constitution is just a convenient opportunity to wage a culture war.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3544 on: December 05, 2023, 12:46:33 PM »

Pity, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3545 on: December 05, 2023, 01:14:38 PM »
Lloyd Austin recent comments:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/civilians-are-center-gravity-gaza-war-us-defense-secretary-2023-12-02/

"So I have repeatedly made clear to Israel's leaders that protecting Palestinian civilians in Gaza is both a moral responsibility and strategic imperative."

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #3547 on: December 05, 2023, 04:50:55 PM »
https://thejerusalemfund.org/2018/08/sexual-harassment-and-violence/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ending-censorship-idf-admits-officer-jailed-in-2017-raped-a-palestinian-woman/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26718999/#:~:text=Findings%20show%20that%20sexual%20ill,35%20reports%20of%20forced%20nudity.

So this happened many years ago, and Israel threw the prison guard in jail in 2016 and came clean about this incident in 2017.

Why is this relevant here?  It sure looks like you're trying to argue proportionality in rape and that Hamas is owed rapes of Israeli women?

So, why are you posting about this ... why is it relevant now?

Meanwhile ...

Biden says Hamas raped, mutilated women during Israel assault
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/biden-says-hamas-raped-mutilated-women-during-israel-assault-2023-12-05/

U.S. President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that Hamas had repeatedly raped women and mutilated their bodies during its Oct.7 assault on southern Israel, citing survivors and witnesses of the attacks.

Speaking at a political fundraiser in Boston, Biden said accounts of "unimaginable cruelty" had been shared over the past few weeks.

"Reports of women raped — repeatedly raped — and their bodies being mutilated while still alive, of women's corpses being desecrated, Hamas terrorists inflicting as much pain and suffering on women and girls as possible and then murdering them. It is appalling," Biden said.

The president called on international organizations, civil society and individuals to condemn sexual violence "without exception."

US: Hamas not releasing female hostages so they won’t share ‘what happened to them’
https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-hamas-not-releasing-female-hostages-so-they-wont-share-what-happened-to-them/

A US official said Monday that Hamas terrorists likely held back on freeing female hostages, leading to the end of a weeklong ceasefire with Israel, because it did not want them to speak publicly about sexual violence.

“The fact that they continue to hold women hostages, the fact that they continue to hold children hostages, just the fact that it seems one of the reasons they don’t want to turn women over they’ve been holding hostage, and the reason this pause fell apart, is they don’t want those women to be able to talk about what happened to them during their time in custody,” State Department spokesman Matthew Miller told reporters in response to a question about growing evidence of Hamas rape and sexual abuse on October 7.

----

Why did Biden need to state this? Maybe becuase now seem to progressives are having a hard time condemning rape ....

Do NOT "both sides" this': Nancy Pelosi's daughter slams 'Squad' Democrat congresswoman Pramila Jayapal's call for 'balanced' condemnation of Hamas rapes to shocked CNN host

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12822105/Hamas-Squad-Democrats-Pramila-Jayapal-Israel-Nancy-Pelosi.html

So, an hour ago, we got this ... (and no, you were not clear, which is why you have to release this statement)

Jayapal Statement on Hamas’ Use of Rape and Sexual Violence
https://jayapal.house.gov/2023/12/05/jayapal-statement-on-hamas-use-of-rape-and-sexual-violence/
“Let me be completely clear again that I unequivocally condemn Hamas’ use of rape and sexual violence as an act of war. This is horrific and across the world, we must stand with our sisters, families, and survivors of rape and sexual assault everywhere to condemn this violence and hold perpetrators accountable.

And a former Bernie Sanders spox ... (now it is an overreach??? I do not seem to recall this when the Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer stories broke. Back then, it was "believe all women.")

Progressive Host Blames ‘Zionists’ In Attempt to Claim Hamas Sex Crimes Exaggerated
https://www.mediaite.com/news/progressive-host-blames-zionists-in-attempt-to-claim-hamas-sex-crimes-exaggerated/

Briahna Joy Gray, a popular progressive YouTuber and former spokeswoman for Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, is still casting doubt on the verified allegations of rape from Hamas’ October 7 attack on Israel, insisting that “Zionists” are employing a “coordinated messaging push” to exaggerate the extent of the terrorist group’s sexual crimes.

Gray declared that “‘believe all women’ was always an absurd overreach.”

“Woman [sic] should be heard, claims should be investigated, but evidence is required. The same is true of the allegations out of Israel,” she argued. “But also, this isn’t a ‘believe women’ scenario bc [because] no female victims have offered testimony.”
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 04:54:13 PM by Not A Serious Person »

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #3548 on: December 05, 2023, 08:25:18 PM »
Two-to-one is one of the lowest ratios in history for a war of this scale.

----

IDF officials: 2 civilian deaths for every 1 Hamas fighter killed in Gaza
https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-officials-2-civilian-deaths-for-every-1-hamas-fighter-killed-in-gaza/
IDF believes some 5,000 terrorists killed so far; says new high-tech mapping software should help to further reduce civilian casualties as war moves into crowded southern Gaza

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #3549 on: December 05, 2023, 09:00:08 PM »
So this happened many years ago, and Israel threw the prison guard in jail in 2016 and came clean about this incident in 2017.

Why is this relevant here?  It sure looks like you're trying to argue proportionality in rape and that Hamas is owed rapes of Israeli women?

So, why are you posting about this ... why is it relevant now?

Meanwhile ...

Biden says Hamas raped, mutilated women during Israel assault
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/biden-says-hamas-raped-mutilated-women-during-israel-assault-2023-12-05/

U.S. President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that Hamas had repeatedly raped women and mutilated their bodies during its Oct.7 assault on southern Israel, citing survivors and witnesses of the attacks.

Speaking at a political fundraiser in Boston, Biden said accounts of "unimaginable cruelty" had been shared over the past few weeks.

"Reports of women raped — repeatedly raped — and their bodies being mutilated while still alive, of women's corpses being desecrated, Hamas terrorists inflicting as much pain and suffering on women and girls as possible and then murdering them. It is appalling," Biden said.

The president called on international organizations, civil society and individuals to condemn sexual violence "without exception."

US: Hamas not releasing female hostages so they won’t share ‘what happened to them’
https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-hamas-not-releasing-female-hostages-so-they-wont-share-what-happened-to-them/

A US official said Monday that Hamas terrorists likely held back on freeing female hostages, leading to the end of a weeklong ceasefire with Israel, because it did not want them to speak publicly about sexual violence.

“The fact that they continue to hold women hostages, the fact that they continue to hold children hostages, just the fact that it seems one of the reasons they don’t want to turn women over they’ve been holding hostage, and the reason this pause fell apart, is they don’t want those women to be able to talk about what happened to them during their time in custody,” State Department spokesman Matthew Miller told reporters in response to a question about growing evidence of Hamas rape and sexual abuse on October 7.

----

Why did Biden need to state this? Maybe becuase now seem to progressives are having a hard time condemning rape ....

Do NOT "both sides" this': Nancy Pelosi's daughter slams 'Squad' Democrat congresswoman Pramila Jayapal's call for 'balanced' condemnation of Hamas rapes to shocked CNN host

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12822105/Hamas-Squad-Democrats-Pramila-Jayapal-Israel-Nancy-Pelosi.html

So, an hour ago, we got this ... (and no, you were not clear, which is why you have to release this statement)

Jayapal Statement on Hamas’ Use of Rape and Sexual Violence
https://jayapal.house.gov/2023/12/05/jayapal-statement-on-hamas-use-of-rape-and-sexual-violence/
“Let me be completely clear again that I unequivocally condemn Hamas’ use of rape and sexual violence as an act of war. This is horrific and across the world, we must stand with our sisters, families, and survivors of rape and sexual assault everywhere to condemn this violence and hold perpetrators accountable.

And a former Bernie Sanders spox ... (now it is an overreach??? I do not seem to recall this when the Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer stories broke. Back then, it was "believe all women.")

Progressive Host Blames ‘Zionists’ In Attempt to Claim Hamas Sex Crimes Exaggerated
https://www.mediaite.com/news/progressive-host-blames-zionists-in-attempt-to-claim-hamas-sex-crimes-exaggerated/

Briahna Joy Gray, a popular progressive YouTuber and former spokeswoman for Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, is still casting doubt on the verified allegations of rape from Hamas’ October 7 attack on Israel, insisting that “Zionists” are employing a “coordinated messaging push” to exaggerate the extent of the terrorist group’s sexual crimes.

Gray declared that “‘believe all women’ was always an absurd overreach.”

“Woman [sic] should be heard, claims should be investigated, but evidence is required. The same is true of the allegations out of Israel,” she argued. “But also, this isn’t a ‘believe women’ scenario bc [because] no female victims have offered testimony.”

Briahna Joy Gray is a fraud who never addressed her former podcast hosts sexual misconduct accusations and disappearance from the public eye, has praised Tucker Carlson on more than one occasion, and stated the great replacement theory is not racial, among many other things. She hosts a podcast on Right Wing activist billionaire David Sacks’ network. She is a proven grifter and not representative of the progressive left, and who Bernie Sanders has explicitly distanced himself from. Find better examples than that. (You probably won’t try)

Also the Jayapal comments were once again reframing every discussion point into “but have you condemned Hamas’s actions?”. Everyone has, turning that around into a gotcha by not prefacing every single statement with it is extremely cynical. Saying “I don’t like that a lot of civilians are dying” is not the same as saying “I don’t think Hamas’s sexual violence is bad”. She put out a clarifying statement because of opportunistic (Pelosi’s daughter is as opportunistic as they come) people using it as a gotcha to people who dared not toe the congressional company line.

Once again, everyone thinks this sh** is bad. But not everyone is using one side’s atrocities to downplay or completely erase the others. SEXUAL ASSAULT/RAPE IS NEVER OK. NO ONE IS TRYING TO ARGUE PROPORTIONALITY AS AN EXCUSE.

There are current eyewitness and victim statements about the abuse you are downplaying at the top, but you do not and will not entertain the concept anyway. So why bother.